PDA

View Full Version : In Shock

tatooedpunk
Dec 30, 2007, 6:37 PM
I brought up the fact that i was bi to my wife a few years ago,she kind of nodded and we never spoke about it again.
That was until an hour ago,i brought it up again to invoke a reaction,she says she is ok with it and she guessed when we first met (15 years ago)
This is such a weight off my shoulders i felt i had to share it with you all

OcalaCouple683
Dec 30, 2007, 7:22 PM
Kudos to you for being open with your wife! Congrats on the reaction- I hope it brings out even better things for you!!

HighEnergy
Dec 30, 2007, 9:07 PM
Imagine that. Your wife already knows your deepest heart and loves you. How cool is that? I'm very glad for you.

Not2str8
Dec 30, 2007, 10:34 PM
Congrats to you Punk ! All too often that kind of revelation results in insecurity, fear, mistrust, & paranoia, and ultimately a breakup.
Your story is similar to my own. Several years ago, even though I did not yet self-identify as bisexual, I guess I knew on some level that I was "different". I felt terribly alone and isolated. I found a supportive community at the now defunct Bisexual.org. There I gained enough self-confidence and validation that I knew I had to "own" what I was and come out. One little problem....I was (and am) married to someone who didn't bank on her man being....well, a man's man. lol
Still, the stress and strain of hiding who I was forced me to out myself to her, in a very emotional revelation. I didn't expect a positive reaction. True to my expectations, she freaked out. The next year was rather tense, but eventually she realized that she had nothing to fear from my bisexuality, and one day, to my complete and utter surprise, she came to me and said, "Me too." She now credits me with giving her the courage to examine her own feelings and what they mean, and to accept and embrace what she is.
So when I read of your experience in coming out to your girlfriend, I thought about how my own life was impacted for the better, I immediately smiled became very happy for you. I sincerely hope that this is the beginning of a more loving, supportive, communicative, and understanding relationship for you both.

the mage
Dec 31, 2007, 9:54 AM
I brought up the fact that i was bi to my wife a few years ago,she kind of nodded and we never spoke about it again.
That was until an hour ago,i brought it up again to invoke a reaction,she says she is ok with it and she guessed when we first met (15 years ago)
This is such a weight off my shoulders i felt i had to share it with you all...

...........................very cool for you.....But was that weight made of HardWood?