PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth continuing?

IanGray
Dec 30, 2007, 9:32 AM
Due to having been diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease, I have had second thoughts about my involvemennt in Bisexual.com. It ios a condition that affkects movement and is largely misunderstood (The neurologist assessing me told me that they couldn't find a cause for my ailment so she had decided to call it Parkinsons Disease.
My right hand keeps shaking, which prevents me changing a light bulb, cooking amongst other things.

The question is: Will this put people off me including having sex?

shameless agitator
Dec 30, 2007, 9:55 AM
First of all, I'm sorry to hear about the spasticism. I've worked with a lot of clients with spastic issues. Everything from head trauma to Parkinsons, to Cerebral Palsy. It does make life more difficult, but certainly not impossible & yes you can still get laid. I would hate to think that was the only reason you came to this site though. Our little community has so much more to offer than just the possibility of a hook up.

ambi53mm
Dec 30, 2007, 10:24 AM
Due to having been diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease, I have had second thoughts about my involvemennt in Bisexual.com. It ios a condition that affkects movement and is largely misunderstood (The neurologist assessing me told me that they couldn't find a cause for my ailment so she had decided to call it Parkinsons Disease.
My right hand keeps shaking, which prevents me changing a light bulb, cooking amongst other things.

The question is: Will this put people off me including having sex?

Three things...

One... you have a mind..you can still think,feel, and express your bisexuality if not in deed then at least in word....some can't even do that.. so don't discount your contributions to Bisexual.Com....Bisexual.com is not limited to just healthy people without problems...and sometimes the wisdom shared by some of it's older members is priceless..you have no way of knowing who will benefit from something you've contributed..when a pebble falls into a pond it is felt on all shores...

Secondly...Finding compatible partners can require a lot of patience but, if you give up... you'll never know what could have been or, what might have come your way because you'll have dissed the possibility by not hanging around to find out.

Third.....and this is met in no way to make light of your medical condition...Your shaky right hand may prevent you from changing a light bulb..or cooking...however I can almost bet you that if you wrap it around a stiff cock.... no one! my self included, is going to take isssue with the fact that it's shaking..what may seem like a handicap to you could be turned into one hell of an asset...trust me on this one

Is it worth continuing?? LOL Hell yeah..cuz it beats the alternative:)

Ambi:)

the mage
Dec 30, 2007, 12:09 PM
Please do your very best to remain in contact with as many people you can while you go through your difficult journey.
Use this place and others like it, to get in touch and to vent when you need to.

Get as much exercise as you can and take your meds.
Life is always worth it.

HighEnergy
Dec 30, 2007, 3:13 PM
I used to be an Occupational Therapist and worked with so, so many folks with various movement disorders. My current massage therapist and best friend has been getting more pronounced in "parkinson like symptoms". As yet, it's not been properly diagnosed because he hasn't had insurance, but now his husband of 23 years company is providing partner benefits so hopefully things will be improving for him.

Anyway, I tease him that the vibration during the massage is an added plus (although at times way too much, but I'd never tell him that.) He confided to me the other day that the uncontrollable tremors have added a definite plus to masterbation and to playing with his husband, so go for it!

Skater Boy
Dec 30, 2007, 3:26 PM
This is where I quote Monty Python:

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!"

Sorry, wrong quote... :tongue:

But keep smiling.

diB4u
Dec 30, 2007, 5:19 PM
Aww sweetie, dont give up hope. Not everyone is the same, and im sure that some of us on here has disabilities. You're still a human person with feelings, needs, wants, desires.

The right person will see through your condition.

Have faith dont give up on people. :)

For one im sorry to hear about your condition, but you still have years ahead of you with good health.