PDA

View Full Version : Pansexual...

diB4u
Dec 27, 2007, 5:45 PM
Ok for people who dont know the difference between pansexual and bisexuals here it is (I used good old Wiki)

The terms "pansexual" and "bisexual" are not mutually exclusive terms, but rather pansexual is a way of defining bisexuality without necessarily denying the possibility of interest in genders and sexes such as those identifying as transgender or "genderfuck.The term alternatively is described as a "means to skip the binaries and existentialism of 'bi' and also criticized as being jargon-ridden and inaccessible

Ok well now we all know eh?.

How many of us bicurious/bisexual people fit into pansexual.

I started talking about this on another thread, and would like to meet others who are similar to myself....

Skater Boy
Dec 27, 2007, 5:52 PM
Well, I'm not really attracted to transgendered people, as such... nor "gender-fucking", so I guess I relate more to the bisexual label than to the pansexual one. BUT if you take pansexual to mean someone who is just attracted to the PERSONALITY, regardless of its gender, then perhaps I do have at least some pansexual traits after all...

BiphobiaFighter
Dec 27, 2007, 5:56 PM
My orientation is pansexual but I applied the bisexual label to it back when I didn't know of pansexuality. I continue to identify as bi since I find the prefix/word 'bi' to be empowering, because I am used to it and do it without thinking and people are more likely to know what it is.

I would explain that my orientation is pansexual when talking with other people who are likely to care about listening, such as if an LGBTQQIP person asks and not in an offhand way. But on here is the only place it's happened so far. :)

I am completely willing to go out with anyone who is friendly, warm, within a year in either direction of my age (this will expand as I get older), is attracted to me, loves kissing and hugging, respects my sexuality and some other things I can't think of at the moment. The person's gender is not one of them.

Germanicus
Dec 27, 2007, 6:15 PM
Join the club ...

I call myself sapiosexual since I feel its the least oppressive label going - its allows me flexibility which is just what I need

diB4u
Dec 27, 2007, 6:17 PM
Well, I'm not really attracted to transgendered people, as such... nor "gender-fucking", so I guess I relate more to the bisexual label than to the pansexual one. BUT if you take pansexual to mean someone who is just attracted to the PERSONALITY, regardless of its gender, then perhaps I do have at least some pansexual traits after all...

LOL Skater duh I could've told you that! :tong:

Skater Boy
Dec 27, 2007, 6:35 PM
LOL Skater duh I could've told you that! :tong:

Well, I guess I'm pretty straight-laced... at least as far as bisexuals go. But I'm still open to new possibilities.

Personally, I don't really like using ANY label to define my sexuality. But if I HAD TO pick one, I suppose "bisexual" is as good and accurate as any other atm.

ambi53mm
Dec 27, 2007, 6:37 PM
Ok for people who dont know the difference between pansexual and bisexuals here it is (I used good old Wiki)

The terms "pansexual" and "bisexual" are not mutually exclusive terms, but rather pansexual is a way of defining bisexuality without necessarily denying the possibility of interest in genders and sexes such as those identifying as transgender or "genderfuck.The term alternatively is described as a "means to skip the binaries and existentialism of 'bi' and also criticized as being jargon-ridden and inaccessible

Ok well now we all know eh?.

How many of us bicurious/bisexual people fit into pansexual.

I started talking about this on another thread, and would like to meet others who are similar to myself....

Wow...I've seen the term before but thought it was like a cookware fetish. I never cease to amaze myself at how much I don't know. Thanks

Ambi:)

Skater Boy
Dec 27, 2007, 6:41 PM
Wow...I've seen the term before but thought it was like a cookware fetish.

LOL!!! :cutelaugh

diB4u
Dec 27, 2007, 6:54 PM
LOL!!! :cutelaugh

No sadly its not about pans that you cook with lol...

I'm glad that I've helped other people.

So yeah I like transmen and transwomen, I see the person and not the gender so much, guess thats really also why I can say with confidence that I'm also pangender... androgyne.

DiamondDog
Dec 27, 2007, 7:12 PM
Join the club ...

I call myself sapiosexual since I feel its the least oppressive label going - its allows me flexibility which is just what I need

Likewise. Same with queer. Sapiosexual describes me a lot though.

I'm sexually and romantically attracted to people of all genders but I don't call myself pansexual/omnisexual.

diB4u
Dec 27, 2007, 7:16 PM
Likewise. Same with queer. Sapiosexual describes me a lot though.

I'm sexually and romantically attracted to people of all genders but I don't call myself pansexual/omnisexual.

The attraction to the same or oposite sex based on the attraction of wisdom?

Well yeah its important to have intelligence, because my future partner will have to mentally keep up with me in topical conversations and debates..

MarieDelta
Dec 27, 2007, 9:11 PM
When you screw with gender everything else kind of goes to hell.

I am attracted to people. Adult humans with a sense of humour need only apply LOL.

I like different flavored people, they turn me on.

Humour, sense of fun , of wonder and adventure these things make me happy.

Someone who can smile with me when the chips are down, can laugh when we haven't a cent to our name. These are the things that attract me.

Finding that someone who'll stick with you thick or thin that is a wonderous thing, whether you are trans or not, regardless of gender, race , creed or color.

pasco_lol_cpl
Dec 27, 2007, 11:07 PM
as I learn more and more about the various definitions out there I would have to say that both my wife and I are pansexual.

MissySue
Dec 27, 2007, 11:23 PM
Ummm, I'm just plain ole bisexual. I thought that term was an issue already. I understand the Pansexual term, rock on with yourselves, but I'm just plain ole bisexual. Which is insane, lol. Ten years ago, I was a freak, but now I may be more normal? Sweet!!! ;) It's all good!

ghytifrdnr
Dec 28, 2007, 2:23 AM
Could someone explain to me what "gender-fuck" means?

:confused:

MarieDelta
Dec 28, 2007, 1:22 PM
Could someone explain to me what "gender-fuck" means?

:confused:

a self-conscious effort to "fuck with" or play with traditional notions of gender identity, gender roles, and gender presentation. It uses parody and exaggeration to call attention to its transgression of gender roles, seeking to expose them as artificial.

Examples of genderfuck in relation to physical performance or appearance include people prominently displaying secondary sex characteristics of different sexes together, such as breasts and a beard.

Genderfuck is generally an intentional attempt to present a confusing gender identity which contributes to dismantling the perception of a gender binary. Genderqueer presentation may or may not deliberately include elements of genderfuck, which is also the case with those identifying as transgendered.

Genderfuck implies not only the instigation of confusion for the sake of breaking down the binary, but also leaving more fluid room to be self-expressive and self-explorative with less expectations of a norm and more room to play via being radically honest. Though genderfuck is often associated with queer identities such as homosexuality and bisexuality, people of any sexual orientation may practice genderfuck.

Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderfuck

diB4u
Dec 28, 2007, 6:09 PM
Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderfuck

Marie like always my dear you beat me to it lol...

Thanks you missSue i intend to rock on and party hard...

Now who would like to join me in a dance?

Although what type of dance- well thats your choice!:):tong::flag4::bigrin:

Skater Boy
Dec 28, 2007, 7:46 PM
Now who would like to join me in a dance?

Although what type of dance- well thats your choice!

Er... ok. Can you do the Samba? :tong:

*puts on his dancing shoes*

[ps: I love the way you said: "...seeking truth, justice and eternal love" in your profile ad title... lol, I've yet to come across ANYONE who sought lies, injustice or temporary love, but good luck with those...]

Lorcan
Dec 28, 2007, 11:11 PM
i am pansexual and transgender. But i call myself "Bi" because i like really @#$%!^& simple terms that even my mom has heard of. If i call myself bi and they want to know more they can ask.

softfruit
Dec 29, 2007, 5:05 AM
I no more believe the "bi" in "bisexual" means it has to say there are two genders, than I do that "lesbian" means you have to be from the island of Lesbos. Language evolves. "Terrific" literally means filling you with terror, but none of us worry about that when we use it to mean something really good and uplifting.

So genderqueer as I may be and complex as the assortment of genders I fancy is, I'm bisexual: and yes the "bi" in it is from an era when two was the most we could think of, but what it means is "more than one".

And as when I try and count all the genders I can think of I get bored counting somewhere in the 40s and I might not fancy them all, "bisexual" will do me just fine.