PDA

View Full Version : If you found 60 bucks laying around in your house...

fffff
Dec 24, 2007, 10:10 AM
if you didn't spend it on yourself, what would you do with it?

crimsonvelvet
Dec 24, 2007, 10:19 AM
I'd put it in the account I started for my nephew's college education. :)

Falke
Dec 24, 2007, 10:34 AM
I would use it on one of the many projects I have going now.

softfruit
Dec 24, 2007, 11:36 AM
Probably donate it to something like BiPhoria, or donate it to the web hosting costs for BiMedia.org, cos I've never yet found a bi project as well-funded as their counterpart lesbian and gay organisations.

Otherwise it'd go to the Cats Protection League.

The Barefoot Contess
Dec 24, 2007, 12:27 PM
I'd probably buy a present for a friend.

Skater Boy
Dec 24, 2007, 12:43 PM
I'd spend it on liquor and/or cheap hookers.

[j/k... I'd probably buy some equipment to make another piece for my portfolio, buy my mom something nice, or perhaps pay off some more of my credit card bill]

Germanicus
Dec 24, 2007, 12:56 PM
Upgrade to a shit-hot Digital SLR camera, or treat friends on a night out

Caaveman
Dec 24, 2007, 1:15 PM
I would definitely have to go out and either treat my wife to a good meal somewhere or else buy her a present with it.

jennessex
Dec 24, 2007, 1:34 PM
hide the money for my "gotta get outta here" fund!!!

ambi53mm
Dec 24, 2007, 4:02 PM
Spend it on someone else less fortunate. We just provided Christmas for a child whose parents were unable to do so. The look on that childs face was our Christmas Gift to one another. We count our many blessings everyday.

Ambi:)

DiamondDog
Dec 24, 2007, 5:40 PM
I've found $60 lying around the house and I just saved it.

Doggie_Wood
Dec 24, 2007, 7:04 PM
Depends on the mood I was in at the moment I found it.
But I would not spend it on myself.
:doggie:

welickit
Dec 24, 2007, 7:18 PM
We would go down to childrens hospital and give it to parents with worries so they could escape reality and have a meal together.:bipride:

Gemini25
Dec 24, 2007, 7:28 PM
If I found $60 bucks laying around in my house... I would think I was in the wrong house. LOL But really if I found $60 bucks, I think I would put it towards one of my bills. :2cents::bibounce:

someotherguy
Dec 24, 2007, 9:04 PM
I would report it to the department of homeland security because it would probably be some of those billions of dollars that went missing in Iraq. I would want to be investigated to make sure I did not have any sleep-walking ties to terrorist organizations, like Haliburton, of which I was unaware in my waking life.

biupstateny
Dec 24, 2007, 10:07 PM
Put in the fuel tank of my car , and maybe if there was any left over i could buy a soda and sandwich .....

pasco_lol_cpl
Dec 24, 2007, 11:01 PM
Id probably buy clothes for our kids. Or maybe use it to treat them to a night at the movies.

arana
Dec 24, 2007, 11:54 PM
I usually end up buying a gift for someone or I'd put it towards a bill. Depends what's going on at the time I found it.

Not2str8
Dec 25, 2007, 12:24 AM
Um....I lost $60 earlier and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Someone please let me know if it turns up.

Toad82
Dec 25, 2007, 4:15 AM
One of three things:

1) I would buy a friend a gift
2) I would donate it to a charity I like, or
3) All on black or “The Flying Dutchman”

What I would do would depend where I am, what time of year it, the type of mood I am in and if I was thinking of someone when I found it. Most likely I would spend it on someone.

RJ:lokai:

Bluebiyou
Dec 25, 2007, 7:49 AM
I'd hold on to it until I figured out whose it was, and return it. Finding $60 in my house is not quite the same thing as finding $60 in the street.
But of course, if I were less well off, the $60 could be intended help for me by a wealthier friend.
I have gone into Goodwill stores on many occasions and slipped a $20 into some kids pants pocket (on the rack); so the purchasers would get a little surprise later on. I figure if they're shopping at Goodwill, they could probably use the money. Sometimes I'll just drop cash in the parking lot at Walmart.

I find that one of the greatest challenges to my soul is to become more generous/loving.

fffff
Dec 25, 2007, 9:44 AM
I find that one of the greatest challenges to my soul is to become more generous/loving.

Yes, I definitely agree! But it's the most satisfying and liberating endeavor I can think of and feel.

texasman6172003
Dec 25, 2007, 2:46 PM
Of course if i found it, I would have to give it to HOTGAGIRL,for an early birthday present!!! :bigrin:

altbinary
Dec 25, 2007, 8:01 PM
Sixty bucks is chicken feed! I'd just toss it into my small change drawer.

Mrs.F
Dec 25, 2007, 8:07 PM
Of course if i found it, I would have to give it to HOTGAGIRL,for an early birthday present!!! :bigrin:

Maybe you should put it towards a new computer tex! :bigrin:

At this point in time...If I found $60 in my house...It would go straight with me to the gas station to put gas in my van. :rolleyes: Sad isn't it??

onewhocares
Dec 26, 2007, 12:05 PM
I guess I would try and put it toward holiday bills. Nothing exciting.

bigirl_inwv
Dec 26, 2007, 4:16 PM
It would definitely go towards something for my 4 year old sister. That seems to be where all my money goes......lol

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Dec 26, 2007, 7:41 PM
lol If I found 60 bucks of 'Desposable money" Daddy and I would be heading to Sizzlers,(i'm cheap, what can I say...) or I'd buy new stock for my business. Or, if it needed to be, it would get plunked down on a bill. :}
Cat.

paukenplayer
Dec 26, 2007, 7:56 PM
$60.00 in "found" money.....either would use toward a bill or get something for my son.

31cho
Dec 26, 2007, 9:39 PM
if you didn't spend it on yourself, what would you do with it?

You buy a sex toy

Mrs.F
Dec 27, 2007, 11:01 AM
Taking back my first answer. I would let my van run empty to use the $60 to buy Belle a wonderful gift! She is the most awesome, caring, loving person I have ever met! She deserves nothing but the best!!! :bigrin:

Belle, there is NO way I could ever repay you for you have done for us!

love to you always~~~from L, M & T!:grouphug:

Studley2000
Dec 27, 2007, 1:30 PM
Straight to timmies......fellow Canadians will understand:bigrin:

chulainn2
Dec 27, 2007, 2:13 PM
I would treat a couple of friends to sushi dinner... of course the $60 wouldn't include the wine or the second helping.

fffff
Dec 27, 2007, 8:25 PM
Straight to timmies......fellow Canadians will understand:bigrin:

I'm sure you can feed a lot of homeless people with the thousand munchkins you can buy for 60 bucks!

DiamondDog
Dec 27, 2007, 8:36 PM
Straight to timmies......fellow Canadians will understand

I'm sure you can feed a lot of homeless people with the thousand munchkins you can buy for 60 bucks!

Just buy real food either for yourself or the homeless.

You'll both be better off, eating healthier food, and you won't be supporting a big chain/corporation that's the canadian version of Dunkin donuts.

1,000 donuts does not sound fun at all!

fffff
Dec 27, 2007, 8:43 PM
Just buy real food either for yourself or the homeless.

You'll both be better off, eating healthier food, and you won't be supporting a big chain/corporation that's the canadian version of Dunkin donuts.

1,000 donuts does not sound fun at all!

I agree!

Sapphrodite
Dec 28, 2007, 1:30 AM
I would assume it was my husband's and ask him about it - either that, or my b*tches have started turing tricks for the male dogs in the neighbourhood!!!

But seriously, I guess it's all fine and dandy to say what we would do with it, but I think it's how we think and what we do every day that counts. I help people with legal issues concerning custory, collect toys and food year round for families who need it and hope that in some way it makes a difference.

If you have never rented the movie Pay it Forward, put it on your to-do list: it's a simplified version of karma, but it's a feel-good movie that really gets that point across.

Oh and btw fellow Canucks: you could always put your $60 into Timmies gift certificates - I usually choose to give those to people who panhandle so I dont have to go in my wallet and one does not have to be concerned with where the money is being spent (if you are inclined that way).

12voltman59
Dec 28, 2007, 8:35 AM
I am afraid to say that I would probably not do something noble with it like give it to a charity---I'd probably use it to do out and buy a new set of ink cartridges for my photo printer---a package of them--just the color ones and not the black and white cartridge which they sell seperately-- total almost seventy bucks with tax---the black cartridge costs a shade less than $20 with tax.
The list price for the printer was $179 or thereabouts, but actually bought it for around $100--but I have already spent something like $300 (at least) in buying the replacement ink cartridges and the special papers it requires in order to print photos.

It is a very hungry machine--sorta like the man eating flower in "Little Shop of Horrors" It always says "FEED ME!!!

fffff
Dec 28, 2007, 9:44 AM
I would assume it was my husband's and ask him about it - either that, or my b*tches have started turing tricks for the male dogs in the neighbourhood!!!

But seriously, I guess it's all fine and dandy to say what we would do with it, but I think it's how we think and what we do every day that counts. I help people with legal issues concerning custory, collect toys and food year round for families who need it and hope that in some way it makes a difference.

If you have never rented the movie Pay it Forward, put it on your to-do list: it's a simplified version of karma, but it's a feel-good movie that really gets that point across.

Oh and btw fellow Canucks: you could always put your $60 into Timmies gift certificates - I usually choose to give those to people who panhandle so I dont have to go in my wallet and one does not have to be concerned with where the money is being spent (if you are inclined that way).

Yeah, I like the idea about the gift certificates.

Oh, and I saw pay it forward, it was kind of a feel good movie at some points, but you can tell something bad, waiting to happen, has got to be brewing up in the background! Well, maybe I did, because I heard about the ending long before I saw the movie :P

And yeah, so long as you help people who are needy, in some way, I think it's just as good.

mindfinding
Dec 28, 2007, 11:29 AM
Take a buddy to dinner, or by some lotto tickets.........

If I found it though, definitely I would take a buddy out for a bite or a beer. Maybe by the wife some new clothes.

fffff
Dec 28, 2007, 3:03 PM
Take a buddy to dinner, or by some lotto tickets.........

If I found it though, definitely I would take a buddy out for a bite or a beer. Maybe by the wife some new clothes.

could be a good way to have a perfectly fun time

bigregory
Dec 28, 2007, 10:47 PM
60 bucks
Well thats not much.
I guess I would see if one of my kids lost there lunch money and if not then put it in my wallet...:tongue:

mannysg
Dec 28, 2007, 10:50 PM
The first thing I would do is crap my pants from the excitement! LOL I'm not poor, but the budget is tight.

Then I would either pay a bill, buy something for my wife & kids, OR (most likely) take my wife & kids out to dinner somewhere besides McDonalds.

Azrael
Dec 28, 2007, 11:21 PM
A punk album, an 1/8th and maybe a new set of headphones.

HennaHunny
Dec 28, 2007, 11:42 PM
If I found $60 lying around the house, I wouls have to assume that it either belonged to me, and I had put it down before replacing it in my wallet, or, that it belonged to someone else in the house......so I guess I would ask them.....that's if I knew it wasn't mine. It would be highly unlikely that someone would have entered the house, taken $60 out of their wallet, and just left it to be found. $60 is not a lot of money anyway...not these days....doesn't buy you all that much. As for donating it to charity...umm...with the likelyhood that it belonged to someone living in the house...that would be a no go.......I give enough to charity anyway!