PDA

View Full Version : Rock n roll people... ROCK N ROLL!!!

vittoria
Dec 19, 2007, 9:33 PM
So I currently live near Cleveland... and I'm about MOMENTS from the Rock and Roll hall of fame (SHAME!!!), right???

And I heard on the news today (OH BOY!!) that Madonna is in the RockHall..

Ummmm
Madonna is NOT rock and roll people...

this isnt the MUSICIANS hall of fame

or the POP hall of fame... but the ROCK hall of fame..

theres a difference...

Guess who else got inducted in the ROCK hall of fame????

JOHNNY CASH...

now...
umm...

I love the Man in Black you know (RIP my dOOd..)---

Wasnt he country? And if he was a country cross over....

Would we expect to see Kenny Rogers next? What about Shania Twain????

COME ON!!!!! The ROCK hall????? For cryin out loud????

I mean RUSH isnt even in the fkkn rock hall!!! Metallica? That was once called rock right?

Jiminy Crismoose....Madonna? Johnny Cash??? Who's flippin next? MOZART??

Whats so effed up is that after all these aeons of (finally) having a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, we dont even get the credit of having induction ceremonies there!!! WTDeuce!!??

Oscars in Hollyweird, no Hall of Fame induction in Cleveland? They wont start that "genius" idea until 2009...(long time no see!) And using that old shoe of "Cleveland is dangerous"---no more dangerous than New York City... and thats a fact...

For a city that wants to 'rebuild' its image, its doing a hell of a job slitting its own throat.

Any takers on this one?

shameless agitator
Dec 19, 2007, 10:30 PM
I'm with you on this one. Of course I'm near Seattle where we have the Experience Music Project (Named for Jimmy Hendrix's band), which is a better rock & roll hall of fame than the official one apparently. :tong:

buck-rogers
Dec 20, 2007, 3:46 AM
How does Madonna get in but KISS is ignored year after year. KISS is rock & roll's finest and even if you don't agree with me, I'm sure we can all agree that Madonna does not deserve to get in. O dear, perhaps it is best that musicians are awarded based on a public vote. Because this thing with the academy of Rock & Roll (or whoever runs the hall of fame) isn't working. O well, I'm ranting.

ambi53mm
Dec 20, 2007, 6:08 AM
Back in Black-AC/DC..playing in my head...I always wondered what a "Cold day in Hell" would feel like..:rolleyes:.I guess it has arrived....Poor Johnny Cash must be turning in his grave...Madona...LOL ...yeah right...Pass the bong please.

Ambi:)

Cesca
Dec 20, 2007, 6:16 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_and_roll

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rock_and_Roll_Hall_of_Fame

These may help explain. It seems just about anything is rock and roll if the people who run the museum say so. I have never liked Rap, but look at the hall of fame link and see what they said about Rap and the Dave Clark Five. My Grandmother is a big fan of Dave Clark and I grew up with their music in my ears whenever I visited.

allbimyself
Dec 20, 2007, 9:43 AM
Years ago Rolling Stone had an issue devoted to the 100 Most IMPORTANT albums in rock history. These were not the best, biggest selling, etc. These were albums that CHANGED rock. Given that criteria, the genre didn't have to be rock but have an influence on rock music and/or rock artists. There were 2 albums that we would call country that were included because of their influence.

Interestingly enough, the 3rd ranked was the one with the least albums sold out of all 100. The Sex Pistols, Never Mind the Bollocks.

My point... and I do have one, is that I would like to see the RnR HOF include that criteria. They do to an extant, the Sex Pistols are inducted, and I would think that's why Johnny Cash is, too... he influenced RnR quite a bit. But then why isn't Kiss? I'm not a big Kiss fan, but they certainly influenced many.

And, FFS, Rush should have been one of the top 20, at least.

Madonna? Please! She's not influenced the genre in any meaningful way. She's not an outstanding talent. She's a marketing genius that sold herself. That's not worthy of consideration.

Dagni
Dec 20, 2007, 9:54 AM
I'm against all hall of fames and other stupid things, cause they mean nothing.
The music should speak for itself, not fame, the best example for that i Darkthrone who refused to be nominated for award album of the year in 2004.

Stick to music, not to music industry, it worth it.

12voltman59
Dec 20, 2007, 10:00 AM
Actually Taylor--Johnny Cash was one of the pioneers of "Rockabilly" a strain of music from which "Rock and Roll" most directly descended---some of the beat elements that had developed out of the blues were taken up by those white boys like Elvis, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash among others--

Actually Rock did come from the African-American community, but being the 50s--there was no way that was going to be allowed.

It took a convergence of many things for it to happen---most of those white boys who somehow made their way to Sam Phillips' little recording studio and his record company, Sun Records, in Memphis helped make Rock and Roll.

It was the Brits who took what both a lot of unknown black performers were doing and what the above list of guys were doing--put their own spin on things and rock and roll as we knew it was born.

The irony of the "British Invasion"---a lot of these guys and the Rockabilly style of music they made were no longer popular in the mainstream, so they went back to their roots---being more countryish or with Roy Orbison-he became almost a crooner of sorts---even though he still made great music. Of course, Elvis went on to become "ELVIS."

As far as Madonna getting into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame--I would agree with ya--she is not Rock--but let's face it--they already have pretty much "installed" all of those early pioneers---now they have to start adding other artists and now it seems, a great deal of what goes into selecting who is inducted has more to do with demographic and economic considerations than it does the artist's contribution to "rock and roll."

They will get lots of Madonna fans to pay admission to see the numerous Madonna displays you can be sure they will have from time to time, in the coming years. That is what it's all about--selling admission tickets. They do need to keep the lights and heat on and the door open, after all.

But as far as Johnny Cash belonging in the RnR Hall of Fame--oh yeah--he should have been one of the first ones to have been inducted.

But ya can never forget what ol' Muddy Waters sang: "The Blues--they done had a baby-- they named it Rock and Roll!!!"

ziggybabie
Dec 20, 2007, 4:04 PM
The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame is a fucking joke and always has been. Voted on by some snotty "experts" who think their opinions mean shit because they have music degrees or because they have been around the business a bit. It will be YEARS before Metallica's inducted. Because most of these snotty conservative minded fucks can't handle and aren't ready for anything that rocks harder than Fleetwood Mac. (Granted, I hate Lars, but they do deserve it).

If it were voted on by the people, instead of these "experts" (lol), I'd have more respect. Granted, there would have to be some system of criteria for nomination eligibility so the people couldn't just vote anyone in as a joke or do something stupid.

Doggie_Wood
Dec 20, 2007, 4:18 PM
Actually Taylor--Johnny Cash was ........!!"

Yer over-ampin' Volty - Taylor's not here,:eek: but Vitty is. :)

Just wanted ya' to know.

:doggie:

shameless agitator
Dec 20, 2007, 6:32 PM
Actually Taylor--Johnny Cash was one of the pioneers of "Rockabilly" a strain of music from which "Rock and Roll" most directly descended---some of the beat elements that had developed out of the blues were taken up by those white boys like Elvis, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash among others--

But ya can never forget what ol' Muddy Waters sang: "The Blues--they done had a baby-- they named it Rock and Roll!!!"Damn good points

RobandHil
Dec 20, 2007, 7:55 PM
Personally...I won't be happy until Motorhead and Thin Lizzy get in there!!!!

ziggybabie
Dec 20, 2007, 8:00 PM
Personally...I won't be happy until Motorhead and Thin Lizzy get in there!!!!

The pussy so called "rock experts" can't handle Motorhead and won't induct anything that hard edged or loud, same as I mentioned with Metallica. Oh, and I agree with 12volt. Cash and Muddy deserved to be there.

12voltman59
Dec 20, 2007, 8:28 PM
Yer over-ampin' Volty - Taylor's not here,:eek: but Vitty is. :)

Just wanted ya' to know.

:doggie:

ooppsss!! oh well--too late to change it now!!! hahahahahaha :bigrin::bigrin::bigrin::bigrin::bigrin::bigrin:

vittoria
Dec 20, 2007, 9:43 PM
O Volty m'dear I do agree with you on the fact that persons of color have invented Rock n Roll (umm, this happens to be a fact that I personally know.. my cousin sang "Lonely Teardrops" for instance) Let give some perspective:

Jimi Hendrix... yes

Wu Tang Clan...NO

Little Richard... yes

Snoop Doggy Dogg...NO

theres a difference (and its not Rock and Roll if a rap artist merely 'samples' a rock n roll/ metal track... it wasnt classical music when NAS sampled Beethoven(or was that Mozart) http://youtube.com/watch?v=OQMfGm8H9Lc...it was just a music sample....)

The pissiness isnt at who started Rock and Roll, its at the maroons at the Rock Hall of Fame that seemed to have forgotten everyone else in the process...theres dozens of influential musicians, but not influential "Rock" artists, that seem to have busted into the Hall of Fame as if just because they LISTENED to a couple of David Bowie tunes or knew who Frank Zappa was they think they qualify... my theory..."Get yer own darn Hall of Fame then!! " lol

... I mean damn... Little Richard and stuff :tong: And yes, I can possibly see how they can get away with the Man IN Black.. However...

WTDeuce???:tong:

I read the news today (OH BOY!!!) (rofl) and I read that "New Edition" qualifies to be in the Rock Hall of Fame...

OMG...Next we'll be hearing that New Kids on the Block get a turn...:eek:

By the way... me and Taylor dont look alike... not even on "paper" ;) (no hate tho Volty dahlin :tong: )

shameless agitator
Dec 20, 2007, 11:54 PM
The pussy so called "rock experts" can't handle Motorhead and won't induct anything that hard edged or loud, same as I mentioned with Metallica. Oh, and I agree with 12volt. Cash and Muddy deserved to be there.Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Black Sabbath been inducted?

shameless agitator
Dec 21, 2007, 12:02 AM
Decided to check that. Yes, Sabbath is in there. I also discovered they explain the reasoning behind each induction.

http://www.rockhall.com/inductee/johnny-cash.

I was surprised to see Miles Davis, but it makes sense.

lookn0ver
Dec 21, 2007, 12:20 AM
i mean why bother... rock an roll ain't about drama queens... let them kid themselves and let us get on with the whole lesser known truth ...same as it ever was!!! same as it ever was !!... i know what rocks and i don't need people i could never respect telling me whats what ... too many people become in that roach motel called the hall of fame who will never get in there and some people who are there belong in Frisbee heaven where their records and C.D.s got zung to...i remember one day driving down the road and there , was this huge rock in someone's front yard with a spray painted word on it which read ..."NOT".
....welcome back to the underground my people. it where the truth and its where we belong.:stoned:in love.

ziggybabie
Dec 21, 2007, 12:31 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Black Sabbath been inducted?

So, they have ONE heavy group out of the many that deserve it way more than Madonna. They are still biased more against the heavier rock. The one heavy group that even people who don't like heavy music know FINALLY made it, one year.

I like all types, but that's just my opinion, when Judas Priest doesn't make it, but Madonna and rappers do. (I like some rap, but rappers just don't belong there)

blackout
Dec 21, 2007, 1:33 AM
Dagni makes a good point, its all industry bullshit. Just like those fricken grammies. Ever since Milli Vanilli won one of those it has been a joke. Now onto Rock 'n Roll. It's just a label that they slap onto things. It used to be a certain style but it isn't anymore. Who gives a shit about styles nowadays anyway. There's so many crossovers, which keeps it interesting. There's this "classic rock" radio channel that I listen to at work sometimes, and they even play disco sometimes. What's in a name.

Azrael
Dec 21, 2007, 2:14 AM
So, they have ONE heavy group out of the many that deserve it way more than Madonna. They are still biased more against the heavier rock. The one heavy group that even people who don't like heavy music know FINALLY made it, one year.

I like all types, but that's just my opinion, when Judas Priest doesn't make it, but Madonna and rappers do. (I like some rap, but rappers just don't belong there)

True enough. No Celtic Frost, Bathory, Iron Maiden, Hellhammer, Nuclear Assault, Cryptic Slaughter, DRI, Kreator, Artillery, Motorhead, Slayer, Death, Sarcofago, Carcass, Sepultura, Immortal, Krieg, Absu, Morbid Scream, Napalm Death, Destruction or Darkthrone?
This aggression shall not stand :bigrin:

Plus, I would include some of the pioneers of punk. Ian Mackaye, Keith Morris, Henry Rollins, Jello Biafra, perhaps the guys from bad religion.

And I don't care what y'all say, the man in black belongs, as he is massively influential. Last show I saw was Reverend Horton Heat, Hank Williams III, and Nashville pussy. Rockabilly is one of many places where it all began.

Lest we forget, the doods from Black Sabbath were in a blues band called Earth.

Oh, and Metallica hasn't done anything worth a damn since I was ten. I'm 25 now.

shameless agitator
Dec 21, 2007, 2:47 PM
Oh, and Metallica hasn't done anything worth a damn since I was ten. I'm 25 now.I'll second that. Their last good album was Master of Puppets IMO

the mage
Dec 21, 2007, 3:58 PM
Her name will generate cash flow, thats all that matters.

Azrael
Dec 21, 2007, 6:53 PM
I'll second that. Their last good album was Master of Puppets IMO

I'd say that was their last great album. Justice was the last good one, and it was all deeper into the shitter from there.

31cho
Dec 22, 2007, 12:18 AM
So I currently live near Cleveland... and I'm about MOMENTS from the Rock and Roll hall of fame (SHAME!!!), right???

And I heard on the news today (OH BOY!!) that Madonna is in the RockHall..

Ummmm
Madonna is NOT rock and roll people...

this isnt the MUSICIANS hall of fame

or the POP hall of fame... but the ROCK hall of fame..

theres a difference...

Guess who else got inducted in the ROCK hall of fame????

JOHNNY CASH...

now...
umm...

I love the Man in Black you know (RIP my dOOd..)---

Wasnt he country? And if he was a country cross over....

Would we expect to see Kenny Rogers next? What about Shania Twain????

COME ON!!!!! The ROCK hall????? For cryin out loud????

I mean RUSH isnt even in the fkkn rock hall!!! Metallica? That was once called rock right?

Jiminy Crismoose....Madonna? Johnny Cash??? Who's flippin next? MOZART??

Whats so effed up is that after all these aeons of (finally) having a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, we dont even get the credit of having induction ceremonies there!!! WTDeuce!!??

Oscars in Hollyweird, no Hall of Fame induction in Cleveland? They wont start that "genius" idea until 2009...(long time no see!) And using that old shoe of "Cleveland is dangerous"---no more dangerous than New York City... and thats a fact...

For a city that wants to 'rebuild' its image, its doing a hell of a job slitting its own throat.

Any takers on this one?

Madonna sucks ass and so does rock n roll hall of fame.Rush rock on !!!!!!

ziggybabie
Dec 22, 2007, 12:53 AM
I'd say that was their last great album. Justice was the last good one, and it was all deeper into the shitter from there.

I actually thought the Black album was pretty good. It might not have been as heavy as some others, but I liked some of the lighter ballad songs like Nothing Else Matters and The Unforgiven. I'd say up til that point, they were doing good. BUT, that's just me.

DiamondDog
Dec 22, 2007, 1:31 AM
I actually thought the Black album was pretty good. It might not have been as heavy as some others, but I liked some of the lighter ballad songs like Nothing Else Matters and The Unforgiven. I'd say up til that point, they were doing good. BUT, that's just me.

LOL then there's Load and Reload! :tongue:

ziggybabie
Dec 22, 2007, 1:34 AM
LOL then there's Load and Reload! :tongue:

haha. Yeah. I wonder what was up with that? *imagination wanders* I'm still waiting for Unload.

DiamondDog
Dec 22, 2007, 1:40 AM
haha. Yeah. I wonder what was up with that? *imagination wanders* I'm still waiting for Unload.

Yeah, their music keeps getting worse and worse.

The best was when they flipped shit about Napster, and it's like "Hello? People might be downloading songs of yours but they're listening to YOUR music, and if they want a better quality song instead of an mp3 they'll buy the album!"

They should have just started selling their songs/albums in mp3 format then as well as in CD format.

Azrael
Dec 22, 2007, 3:23 AM

The best was when they flipped shit about Napster, and it's like "Hello? People might be downloading songs of yours but they're listening to YOUR music, and if they want a better quality song instead of an mp3 they'll buy the album!"

They should have just started selling their songs/albums in mp3 format then as well as in CD format.

What do Metallica fans chant? DIE DIE DIE. What do Slayer fans chant? KILL KILL KILL. Enough said :bigrin:

ziggybabie
Dec 22, 2007, 10:34 AM

Shit like that is why I'm a big supporter of filesharing. I could care less if Lars doesn't have enough money to get gold trim on his luxury liner. The actual bands make more money from ticket sales, and merchandising and other income sources anyway. The big name bands like them really aren't suffering at all.

The main people making money off the CDs are the execs who are ruining the industry, anyway. Plus, the smaller bands get more exposure from filesharing that the radio won't give them due to said execs shitty trends in who gets signed to deals. The radio stations just get paid off to play the same shitty singles by clone bands like Nickelcrap or Puddle of Shit in rotation. If not for filesharing, I wouldn't have heard or gotten into Primal Scream enough to even entertain the notion of buying one of their albums. Hell, even good bands almost feel forced to make shitty albums, now, because the way it is now if you don't have a platinum album right after signing, you're afraid of being dropped. Can you imagine Barry White or Judas Priest having come up to today? They weren't overnight sensations. They would have been comparatively unknown, unless they watered down the shit out of their product or conformed to the latest trend sounds. The atmosphere for mainstream success is less condusive to making good music than it has been even in previous generations, it seems like.

If album sales are declining, the execs need to look inward first, before attacking the little guy (filesharing). People don't want to pay 15 bucks for an album with maybe one good song. And "we only push what sells" is bullshit. The record execs aren't that stupid. They know, like me and you, that people gravitate towards what they are exposed to (radio, clubs, tv, etc) and most are too lazy to search for new sounds that aren't in their face. They want to go to their friends and say "Did you hear that new song from <insert some semi-known artist>?".

I know this kind of went off topic, but the industry can go to hell for all I care. They've robbed the fans for so long, I can't shed a tear for these music-killing corporate asswipes when they complain they're being "robbed" now. Sorry for going off on a tangent. lol.

Bihornyguy
Dec 22, 2007, 6:03 PM
The HOF is a complete farce. No question about it. I don't even care who gets in, it doesn't matter. They should shoot the idiots that run that joke of a place.

Uneedhands
Dec 30, 2007, 3:17 PM
...The best rockers are the ones that are too animalistic for society in general and never get any credit for their music. They are often the targets of cultural clensing campaigns. Look at how Elvis usurped the throne ..."king" what a fat, greasy, joke! That shit is closer to disco than Rock and roll. And where would he be if Jerry Lewis wasn't diddling his 14 yr old cousin? Just another patented American scandal-avoiding puppet regime (then Elvis drowned to death in his own puke on downers to the dismay of weenee boppers everywhere). The media sucessfully diluted (and essentially destroyed) rock and roll right away. Almost as if in response to that; punk immediately reared it's ugly head ....Ooops! Rebels need culture too, and they won't just go away when someone comes along and wrecks the party. They've been trying to destroy punk ever since with blatant lies, censorship, and truncheon. I don't know if it's true but I heard that the pistols are in there. WHAT A JOKE! They were the target of so much censorship and slander by the media and politicians. Now that all those meatheads are rich the sex pistols can have some open recognition as valid and creative members of the human race to go with their recently won rights to something like 10 cents for every $20 - $30 album sold not retroactively 2 or 3 decades after they break up?! ...Did they get a plack on the wall beside Elvis? (*gag*) I have nothing but contempt for most of what passes for rock and roll. Down with the hall of fame! ...the whole record industry! ...and the United States!

"Viva la Rock 'n' roll"!
Long live Rose Tattoo!

tatooedpunk
Dec 30, 2007, 6:45 PM
It seems like a non rock but who sells cd's kinda bollox but they did enroll The Clash sadly Joe Strummer died (we so miss him)So maybe not so evil

tatooedpunk
Dec 30, 2007, 7:43 PM
ok i never read ziggies post before i posted,
So without sounding like a rant,Ziggie you have no idea what you are talking about filesharing is illegall and taking food out of honest musicians mouths.
Yes cd's are over-priced but bands have no control over the prices,how would you feel if your boss said well we like your work but some-one else has stolen your idea off the internet and are doing it for free.Think about it not all bands are multi-millionares.Alot of bands rely on you buying there cds and hoping people like you dont steal them

tatooedpunk
Dec 30, 2007, 7:48 PM
Feel so srongly about this i had to ps,DONT STEAL MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ziggybabie
Dec 30, 2007, 8:52 PM
So without sounding like a rant,Ziggie you have no idea what you are talking about filesharing is illegall and taking food out of honest musicians mouths.
Yes cd's are over-priced but bands have no control over the prices,how would you feel if your boss said well we like your work but some-one else has stolen your idea off the internet and are doing it for free.Think about it not all bands are multi-millionares.Alot of bands rely on you buying there cds and hoping people like you dont steal them

No, I've BOUGHT albums from bands I ONLY heard thru filesharing. Which isn't Nickelshit or Puddle of Crap or the radio's latest things. Filesharing gets word out about those bands, also. Thus more CD sales. When I buy CDs, i won't buy it unless it's indie artists that need the money.

The business needs a change and I do support bands whose stuff I like enough AFTER I hear it.

Uneedhands
Dec 30, 2007, 11:00 PM
"Feel so srongly about this i had to ps,DONT STEAL MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You are brainwashed. I have 2 words. Culture and folk. These two abstract things have existed since monkeys started eating meat. Now that Monkeys are sooo much smarter they make even more abstract and increasingly stupid ideas like ownership of a transmission once it's released (ie. copyright laws), culture and folk are doomed! if a cd costs 20 - 30 dollars and the musician makes 10 cents , and the musician feels ripped off by the consumer he's an idiot and I hate them! (hello Metallica, and big brother). In the immortal words of Mickey De Sadist "I am King!" ...Fuck the record industry! They're the ones fucking the musicians, not the fans. The fans are getting burned as bad as the musicians at these prices. Who gets the money?! I say "Steal" the fucking music !! So do musicians with any pride and integrity. We as a specie have been doing the same thing for many thousands of years. That process of (whats now considered theft) "folk tradition" is essential to any culture. Remember "KIll BOnO"? the biggest pop stars in the world plagerised whoever developed the bomber with the same name , then turned around and sued another band, Negativeland for making a parody of it calling a release "U2" and depicting a U-2 bomber on the cover. U2 lost that battle. The copyright laws are rightfully failing and are (too) slowly being changed. I don't know about you people but in the '80 most of my music was taped from other tapes ...now I'm burning Mp3's Who wants some!? free! just the way it should be. they want you to hear them, and they get paid for the performance. the D.I.Y. bands only ever charge the cost of materials, Once they release it, others will start distributing (stealing?!) it for them and their work is done. They need only rely on the integrity of the production at this point. FUcK tHe Rec0rd industry!! and fuck U2! (the band, not the spy plane)!

shameless agitator
Dec 30, 2007, 11:36 PM
I'm with Ziggy. I've bought music from a lot of bands I would have never known about if not for file sharing. I've also gone to their concerts, which is where the band actually makes their money.

Uneedhands
Dec 31, 2007, 12:53 AM
... music industry, politiKILL bullshit, and the defining of a culture aside; The whole idea of a rock & roll hall of fame sucks. Why don't they just call the thing the "Great music library" and continue dumping everything in there. ...and while were at it; I WANT A KNIGHTHOOD!

Uneedhands
Dec 31, 2007, 1:01 AM
....I just realised I accidentally called a spyplane a bomber ...the devils in the details, but I do know that I made that mistake. I was never confused.

mn freak
Dec 31, 2007, 2:35 AM

Most bands don't make money off the CD's, that's why they go on tour for 2 years straight & charge you 89.95 a ticket. :2cents:

Uneedhands
Dec 31, 2007, 3:01 PM
Most bands don't make money off the CD's, that's why they go on tour for 2 years straight & charge you 89.95 a ticket. :2cents:

I saw Slaughter & the Dogs for $10, Dictators - 20$, Subhumans - 10-15$, the Riffs $10 - 20$, Random killing, Armed and Hammered, and Submachine - $10... I have been living like this my whole life and I never pay more. When I pay $80 a ticket the party better last all weekend or I want a blowjob. $80 to see a big rockstar is for suckers! Sometimes it's the major label, or maybe the venue, and often greedy "musicians" or a combination that drives ticket prices up. But then in places lke that you have to deal with asshole bouncers who won't even let you get up on stage to sing along! In fact you probably can't even spit on the singer! Who wants to go to a show like that!?

Azrael
Dec 31, 2007, 4:05 PM
I saw Slaughter & the Dogs for $10, Dictators - 20$, Subhumans - 10-15$, the Riffs $10 - 20$, Random killing, Armed and Hammered, and Submachine - $10... I have been living like this my whole life and I never pay more. When I pay $80 a ticket the party better last all weekend or I want a blowjob. $80 to see a big rockstar is for suckers! Sometimes it's the major label, or maybe the venue, and often greedy "musicians" or a combination that drives ticket prices up. But then in places lke that you have to deal with asshole bouncers who won't even let you get up on stage to sing along! In fact you probably can't even spit on the singer! Who wants to go to a show like that!?

I haven't paid more than 20 bucks for a show in like 6-7 years. Fuck that shit.

chulainn2
Dec 31, 2007, 8:16 PM
Well, I guess Led Zeppelin will be asked to play at The Gran Ol Opera.

12voltman59
Jan 1, 2008, 1:32 PM
Like with the bigger music industry---the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is all about:

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

It ain't about the music for gawds sake!!!!!

It's all about the green!!!

Uneedhands
Jan 12, 2008, 8:20 PM
I'm glad someone agrees. That said, I still go record shopping. I love vinyl, and I still buy 12", 10", 7", LP's, EP's, singles, and 45's.

Azrael
Jan 13, 2008, 12:21 AM
I'm glad someone agrees. That said, I still go record shopping. I love vinyl, and I still buy 12", 10", 7", LP's, EP's, singles, and 45's.

Hell yes. The Asylum in clearwater off 49th.
I loooooooooove my records.

Uneedhands
Jan 13, 2008, 5:46 PM
Hell yes. The Asylum in clearwater off 49th.
I loooooooooove my records.

Never been there. The only places I have been record shopping in your Country is around southern California: Vinyl solution, Dr. Strange, and another one in Huntington Beach; a few little places around Detroit, and at the gigs...