PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight....Trailer!

TaylorMade
Dec 16, 2007, 10:07 PM
For those of you who have been keeping an eye on the build up to the next Batman Film, The Dark Knight. . .I got a birthday present from a friend:

The Dark Knight Trailer! (http://www.atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm)

I think this film will cement Christian Bale as the Batman all others have to compete with.

And here are some gratuitous pictures of Mr. Bale. . .I know some people like dudes with hair on their chests, but... it's Batman!!!

http://wetmen.provocateuse.com/images/photos/christian_bale_10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/SweetKnight82/Miscellaneous/christian_bale_95.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/SweetKnight82/Miscellaneous/christian_bale_rear.jpg

*Taylor*

MarieDelta
Dec 16, 2007, 10:15 PM
Damn! That man is hotttt!

ty Taylor LOL

Drools ... oops

gfofbiguy
Dec 16, 2007, 10:19 PM
Marie! You drooled :drool:all over the pictures! :tongue:;)

TaylorMade
Dec 16, 2007, 10:20 PM
Damn! That man is hotttt!

ty Taylor LOL

Drools ... oops

Tell me about it. I am convinced there is an Angel that that man is a direct copy of.

*Taylor*

gfofbiguy
Dec 16, 2007, 10:25 PM
I do have to agree with you both, though, he is definitely a hottie:drool: What's a little more drool on those pics, right?

TaylorMade
Dec 16, 2007, 10:32 PM
And the trailer? It's cool, right?

(shit, I probably just killed the thread)

*Taylor*

gfofbiguy
Dec 16, 2007, 10:44 PM
Trailer was awesome! Can't wait to see the movie!!!

Damien
Dec 16, 2007, 11:06 PM
That's gonna give me something to dream about tonight.

HighEnergy
Dec 16, 2007, 11:08 PM
Normally I like furry men, but drool is right! He could change my mind...

brunette
Dec 17, 2007, 9:13 AM
he's delicious. i haven't watched the new trailer yet because my husband won't let me watch it without him. :( i'll have to rectify that tonight.

12voltman59
Dec 17, 2007, 10:17 AM
The shower pics are great, but that trailer was waaayyy coool--I love the new direction of the Batman world-it finally gets back to the original tone of the original story with Batman being "The Dark Knight."

It took 40 years plus to get back to that original version. It was that cheesy, campy television series in the 60s that set things off on that lighter tone and those awful Batman flicks of the 80s and 90s really sucked.

The big change came when they did that series of animated "Batman: The Dark Knight" epidsodes. When they did that--it was my hope they would change the movies to that feel and sensiblity--I am so glad they did.

I loved the previous movie---too bad we have to wait till this coming summer to see this one--I will be there!

meteast chick
Dec 17, 2007, 11:12 AM
I love that they are keeping the tone of the 1st Batman with Christian Bale. Tre' cool.

As for Bale himself...I've always liked the barely haired boys...He's married, but completely edible in polaroid.

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

Germanicus
Dec 17, 2007, 4:34 PM
Nice to see the joker going for that emo look

TaylorMade
Dec 17, 2007, 5:39 PM
I love that they are keeping the tone of the 1st Batman with Christian Bale. Tre' cool.

As for Bale himself...I've always liked the barely haired boys...He's married, but completely edible in polaroid.

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

Did you know Bale screen tested for the role of Robin in Batman Forever? He lost it, but told his agent that if the opportunity for ANY part in a Batman movie came up again, he wanted in.

"At first, I was somewhat hesitant to do the role. I mean, after all, Batman is an icon. But I remember, as clear as day, being at the grocery store the day the movie opened, and this little boy saw me. He couldn't have been more than five years old. He just walked right up to me and hugged me. He hugged me, and I was so moved by it that I hugged him back. Then he looked up at me and said "You're my hero." And in that moment, I knew that not only as an actor that I had done my job, but that I had made the right decision to play Batman. And I've never looked back on my the decision to play Batman since."- On his (Christian Bale) decision to play Batman

*Taylor*

meteast chick
Dec 17, 2007, 7:25 PM
Thank you Taylor!!! That's touching!

MarieDelta
Dec 17, 2007, 9:16 PM
Its a movie I am defnitely gonna have to fork out some bucks to go see.

:P

ty again, Taylor :bigrin:

NudeDen
Dec 17, 2007, 9:24 PM
Holy Fucking Shit!!! That movie is going to be so fucking intense!!! I CAN'T WAIT! :bounce: :smilies15

Dennis

Oh, and he doesn't look so bad in those pics either! ;)

TaylorMade
Dec 17, 2007, 11:49 PM
Thank you Taylor!!! That's touching!

Yeah. . .It's hard to visualize Patrick Bateman hugging some kid, then you remember he's got a munchkin of his own.

*Taylor*

Seigun
Dec 18, 2007, 3:21 AM
Ah, wonderful!! :bigrin: I'm going to be looking forward to this!!

HennaHunny
Dec 18, 2007, 6:29 AM
Just a man taking a shower......just a picture or three.....just a normal...naked body..........from baby to old wrinkled senior citizen.....just a body....we all have them......fit, fat or thin.........just a picture of a man taking a shower..........maybe Batman should have been played by a toddler, for the adult body is no more beaufiful than the child's....and the young person's body no more beautiful than the aged's....just bodies.....skin, bone, blood and flesh..........fragile...yet strong.......the flesh no different than that on the butcher's slab.....ask Sweeney Todd's lady friend! Just a body....just a man taking a shower...nothing to get worked up about.

Toad82
Dec 18, 2007, 1:07 PM
Just a man taking a shower......just a picture or three.....just a normal...naked body..........from baby to old wrinkled senior citizen.....just a body....we all have them......fit, fat or thin.........just a picture of a man taking a shower..........maybe Batman should have been played by a toddler, for the adult body is no more beaufiful than the child's....and the young person's body no more beautiful than the aged's....just bodies.....skin, bone, blood and flesh..........fragile...yet strong.......the flesh no different than that on the butcher's slab.....ask Sweeney Todd's lady friend! Just a body....just a man taking a shower...nothing to get worked up about.

For some it is. In another thread you said you are straight so I would not expect you to understand, but for those of us that admire both genders forms it can be everything; sexual or not.

RJ:lokai:

HennaHunny
Dec 18, 2007, 1:43 PM
For some it is. In another thread you said you are straight so I would not expect you to understand, but for those of us that admire both genders forms it can be everything; sexual or not.

RJ:lokai:

Mmm...I don't think it has got anything to do with sexuality......not one bit...we all see beautiful people and think...''Wow''.........but when pictures like that are seen almost everywhere one goes......advertising hoardings.....magazines...and in the summer.....on the street...or in the park.......I don't believe every bisexual....or gay...or straight person....is going to get constantly ''worked up'' as he/she walks along.....if that happened....no body would ever be able to function properly.....we'd be constantly drooling........can't agree there.....and it is rather elitist...I think...to state that someone can not possibly understand...and rather rude, but I guess I will be wrong again.......because i can't possibly understand.

TaylorMade
Dec 18, 2007, 5:41 PM

Did you actually watch the trailer, or are you just spouting off?

Anyhow. . .kick ass tailer...And Christian Bale's great ass. :) Two things worth toasting.

*Taylor*

HennaHunny
Dec 18, 2007, 9:07 PM
Did you actually watch the trailer, or are you just spouting off?

Anyhow. . .kick ass tailer...And Christian Bale's great ass. :) Two things worth toasting.

*Taylor*

Hmm...I wrote a reply....tried to submit it...was logged in..but got told...yet again...that I was not....Never fear Taylor......I shall re post it.......but for your info....yes...I have seen the trailer.......yawn...just a trailer for a film

TaylorMade
Dec 18, 2007, 9:24 PM
Hmm...I wrote a reply....tried to submit it...was logged in..but got told...yet again...that I was not....Never fear Taylor......I shall re post it.......but for your info....yes...I have seen the trailer.......yawn...just a trailer for a film

Okay, Henna. . .we get it... you are truly too transcendent for the ashram.:rolleyes: If we bore you so much, please move onto greener pastures and leave us to our simple pleasures.

Like Christian Bale with as few clothes as possible, having hit the gym and so oiled up if he hits water we get an ecological disaster. . .

http://boysbriefs.blogspot.com/christianbalereignoffire.jpg

*Taylor*

HennaHunny
Dec 18, 2007, 10:38 PM
Okay, Henna. . .we get it... you are truly too transcendent for the ashram.:rolleyes: If we bore you so much, please move onto greener pastures and leave us to our simple pleasures.

Like Christian Bale with as few clothes as possible, having hit the gym and so oiled up if he hits water we get an ecological disaster. . .

http://boysbriefs.blogspot.com/christianbalereignoffire.jpg

*Taylor*

Well whadya know...I type it out again....and the same thing happens.....does one get unregistered if one takes too long to type.....I won't try again.......it really doesn't seems worth it...which is a pity

TaylorMade
Dec 18, 2007, 11:22 PM
Well whadya know...I type it out again....and the same thing happens.....does one get unregistered if one takes too long to type.....I won't try again.......it really doesn't seems worth it...which is a pity

Maybe it's the boards way of telling you that you may need to reconsider you choice of boards.

Epic Fail on your part.

*Taylor*

darkeyes
Dec 19, 2007, 2:20 AM
Me jus thinks Christian Bale looks a bit like Ratty outa Wind in the Willows tryin 2 look macho... but then wot dus me know bout guys...:bigrin:

HennaHunny
Dec 19, 2007, 3:01 AM
Maybe it's the boards way of telling you that you may need to reconsider you choice of boards.

Epic Fail on your part.

*Taylor*

Are you trying to say that there is no freedom of speech here....surely not. I can't believe that one is being censored as one types.....surely the site values different views....it's called dialogue...censoring what people write...other than personal insults...and truly gross language....would be..to me....like a big sign, that hasn't yet been put up, saying...''Sorry, we only want the views of bisexuals, and maybe those of heterosexuals, already married to, or partnering bisexuals''......Now I can't believe that this is the way most people think....even the powers that be. Elitism...and arrogance iin any institution, is intolerance.

HennaHunny
Dec 19, 2007, 3:09 AM
I was trying to type something, that was not biphobic.....not one bit...not any phobic.......cos I'd have the same things to say, even if those posting were straight or gay, who is to say that many, many aren't. there are some people that pretend to be what they are not......and I'm not doing that. I don't see the point. These forums can be an interesting place to learn about people, their interests, sexualities, hopes, dreams...all sorts of things. If you do come out and call me biphobic Taylor....I will say...''Why''......I can't see that I have said anything to warrant such interest from you. I'm not anything phobic.....but I have seen heterophobic remarks here.....but heh...that's just people sounding off.......I just wish I had been able to post what I wanted to post.....but it is gone now....splintered....and blown away with the wind.

HennaHunny
Dec 19, 2007, 3:13 AM
Of course...before you shoot me down....I must state that I am not accusing you of calling me...in as many words...though not directly...a biphobe.......not one bit. I'm not sure whether or not you were being defensive or on the attack......cos i was being neither.......I just wanted to put my view across....like so many do........so eloquently.

Aravanww
Dec 19, 2007, 4:24 AM
Sigh... another wonderful thread about a sexy bod that turns into a battle over what is or isn't fun.... can't we all just agree to disagree and get on with the worship of Christian Bale's wonderful bod and even more impressive role as the darkknight?? :crosseye:

sammie19
Dec 19, 2007, 4:53 AM
Me jus thinks Christian Bale looks a bit like Ratty outa Wind in the Willows tryin 2 look macho... but then wot dus me know bout guys...:bigrin:
You do make me laugh sometimes Fran. This post wouldnt have something to do with the fact that Kate thinks Christian Bale rocks could it now?:tongue:

Much luv to all.

MarieDelta
Dec 19, 2007, 6:35 AM
I know that *some* folks on this board don't enjoy looking a pictures ( not visually stimulated.) But I enjoy looking at someone who has done a great job of keeping their body in shape. It takes incredible effort & discipline to do so, and to be an actor on top of that to the degree that Christian Bale(or Angelina Jolie) has been, well lets just put it this way the effort alone is admirable.

To me, the body is one of Gods/Natures creations, I admire it the way I admire a sunset or an incredibly beautiful flower. In this case its like a bonsai tree, created by God(or nature if you prefer), and shaped by Man.

Like a new born baby it just happens every day...

I am sorry if you have lost your sense of wonder, it seems a terible thing to me to not be able to appreciate beauty.

*Goes back and looks at pictures*

MMMMmmm Nice!

darkeyes
Dec 19, 2007, 1:18 PM
You do make me laugh sometimes Fran. This post wouldnt have something to do with the fact that Kate thinks Christian Bale rocks could it now?:tongue:

Much luv to all.Ya tryin 2 make a point ere wee Craigie??? Yea she fancies im... an yea as men goes is body is bout passable... but fact remains...e has a face like poor ole hard dun 2 Ratty!!! Tellya summat else... ya cuz agrees an she has no axe 2 grind... Ali don fancy im at all... so wy shud she hav?:bigrin:

Huggles bak ..

HennaHunny
Dec 19, 2007, 3:00 PM
I know that *some* folks on this board don't enjoy looking a pictures ( not visually stimulated.) But I enjoy looking at someone who has done a great job of keeping their body in shape. It takes incredible effort & discipline to do so, and to be an actor on top of that to the degree that Christian Bale(or Angelina Jolie) has been, well lets just put it this way the effort alone is admirable.

To me, the body is one of Gods/Natures creations, I admire it the way I admire a sunset or an incredibly beautiful flower. In this case its like a bonsai tree, created by God(or nature if you prefer), and shaped by Man.

I am sorry if you have lost your sense of wonder, it seems a terible thing to me to not be able to appreciate beauty.

MMMMmmm Nice!

Hmm...not sure if that was aimed at me.....because I too admire the human form...in art...and in real life......nothing unstraight about that as far as i am concerned.....and I also appreciate the sunsets..nature etc......I was just trying to state....and no one seems to understand what I mean...that I think that it is going over the top, to get into paroxysms of ecstasy, over a few..very tame pictures... of a man taking a shower....and go wild about a fairly ordinary film trailer.......

Doesn't the sunshine, on a winter morning...make even the trees and landscape look beautiful!!!....Low in the sky....it touches them very delicately with golden hues.

TaylorMade
Dec 19, 2007, 4:16 PM
Are you trying to say that there is no freedom of speech here....surely not. I can't believe that one is being censored as one types.....surely the site values different views....it's called dialogue...censoring what people write...other than personal insults...and truly gross language....would be..to me....like a big sign, that hasn't yet been put up, saying...''Sorry, we only want the views of bisexuals, and maybe those of heterosexuals, already married to, or partnering bisexuals''......Now I can't believe that this is the way most people think....even the powers that be. Elitism...and arrogance iin any institution, is intolerance.

No... I am saying this: Start your own thread. Don't clutter up mine with your holier-than-thou bullshit. This thread was intended for light-hearted/lusty talk/gossip about the trailer and movie, and by extension, Christian Bale. Instead, you come in and sniff your derision at our admiration of the subject. What am I supposed to think? No one likes to be shat on . . .I didn't like it when you did it with your too cool for school attitude, and you didn't like it when I humorously (Yes, I meant it for humor. . .if you have a sense for it) told you to shut the fuck up. So, if you have something else to say, FIND YOUR OWN PLACE TO SAY IT.

*Taylor*

TaylorMade
Dec 19, 2007, 4:23 PM

MMMMmmm Nice!

Amen to that. . . remember, this is the SAME man who also looked like THIS for a role RIGHT BEFORE (or is it after?) his work in Batman Begins.

http://www.expat-at-large.com/pm/images/uploads/stickman.jpg

I'm sorry... the man's a beast. . .He was aiming for THINNER THAN THIS, but the director and his doctor said "Don't-you-fucking-dare-or-else-you-will-motherfucking-DIE!"

*Taylor*

HennaHunny
Dec 19, 2007, 9:52 PM
No... I am saying this: Start your own thread. Don't clutter up mine with your holier-than-thou bullshit. This thread was intended for light-hearted/lusty talk/gossip about the trailer and movie, and by extension, Christian Bale. Instead, you come in and sniff your derision at our admiration of the subject. What am I supposed to think? No one likes to be shat on . . .I didn't like it when you did it with your too cool for school attitude, and you didn't like it when I humorously (Yes, I meant it for humor. . .if you have a sense for it) told you to shut the fuck up. So, if you have something else to say, FIND YOUR OWN PLACE TO SAY IT.

*Taylor*

Well. how rude!.....I would never tell anyone to ''shut the fuck up''.......and I don't remember ''shatting'' on anyone.....if voicing one's opinion is ''shatting''....then I must be guilty of it.........Such a crime..tut tut.....smacks myself on the chin.....sees stars......now that's humour! Y'all have a nice day now!!

TaylorMade
Dec 20, 2007, 12:06 AM
In addition to the trailer, I also got a shot at the Poster, which is something - -it marks a serious departure from what we were used to from the Batman series.

http://www.canmag.com/images/front/batman/darkknightposter1.jpg

At the very least, you have to say its VERY different. As a graphics student. . .I gotta say the visual play is AWESOME! And as my professor would say..."Sometimes alot of negative space is good. This is one of those times."

*Taylor*

HennaHunny
Dec 20, 2007, 1:00 AM
You know Taylor.....you are right about the poster....it is excellent....different...anarchic.....extremely clever. I like it. Thanks for showing it. It definitely suits my rather surrealist taste in art.....well some art! Very eye catching. And i am being totally serious....I do like it!

12voltman59
Dec 20, 2007, 1:14 AM
I love the poster--it is definitely in keeping with the new darker tone of the flick--it is gonna be hard to wait till this coming summer to see this movie!!

For fans of the animated series from the 90s--here is a link to some video segments someone posted on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QrBvWdlRDc

MarieDelta
Dec 20, 2007, 6:21 AM
In addition to the trailer, I also got a shot at the Poster, which is something - -it marks a serious departure from what we were used to from the Batman series.

At the very least, you have to say its VERY different. As a graphics student. . .I gotta say the visual play is AWESOME! And as my professor would say..."Sometimes alot of negative space is good. This is one of those times."

*Taylor*

Wow, Just wow :bigrin:

Awesome Taylor, thanks

DiamondDog
Dec 21, 2007, 8:25 PM
What movie was Christian Bale thin for?

I remember watching Bale in American Psycho.

It would have been funny if they'd put in Leo DiCaprio as Patrick Bateman, since he was popular when the movie was made!

TaylorMade
Dec 21, 2007, 8:31 PM
What movie was Christian Bale thin for?

I remember watching Bale in American Psycho.

It would have been funny if they'd put in Leo DiCaprio as Patrick Bateman, since he was popular when the movie was made!

Christian Bale lost half his body weight for two films. . .the one I showed a picture for was from El Machinista (The Machinist). . .but he also lost a radical amount of weight for Rescue Dawn as well. . .(Ate live maggots too)

He's a pretty man who has worked VERY hard to make himself ugly as hell on screen...:tongue:

(Yes, I know you like hairier men, but.. . .at the very least, he DID have alot of facial hair for RD. :p )

*Taylor*

billybiboy
Dec 21, 2007, 9:01 PM
:bigrin: at last batman being batman

cool trailer

Azrael
Dec 22, 2007, 3:59 AM
Christian Bale lost half his body weight for two films. . .the one I showed a picture for was from El Machinista (The Machinist). . .but he also lost a radical amount of weight for Rescue Dawn as well. . .(Ate live maggots too)

He's a pretty man who has worked VERY hard to make himself ugly as hell on screen...:tongue:

(Yes, I know you like hairier men, but.. . .at the very least, he DID have alot of facial hair for RD. :p )

*Taylor*

Remember him in swing kids? So innocent, so hopeless.

TaylorMade
Feb 15, 2008, 12:39 PM
I gave the summary of the first 6 minutes in the OP. . .but now, I got the bootleg of the footage from here (http://www.movieweb.com/news/51/25151.php).

Not a spoiler by any means, but... think of it as a really crappy amuse bouche to a really good meal.

*Taylor*

Delilah
Feb 16, 2008, 4:14 AM
I just finish watching Batman The Beginning for the first time. Love the ending when the future commissioner handed him one of the escaped prisoner's calling card... The Joker.

OMG he is sooooo freaking HOT!! Then I log on and found this thread!! Shame on you, Taylor! :tongue: I was being a good girl now I am forced to fantasize a man in a black leather suit with satin wings... OMG I need cold shower... omg I need a good oh dear.. I need cold shower... ah hell, I need HIM TO BANG ME AND LEAVE A BAT PRINT ON MY BACKSIDE!!! I LOVE YOU, TAYLOR!!! LOL

Ps...
I would sale my testicles on eBay to play the role of Catwoman so I can claw his back... OMG back to cold shower... omg I... oh hell, just do me!!
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Delilah goes back to the photos...sigh

Doggie_Wood
Feb 16, 2008, 10:19 AM
Its a movie I am defnitely gonna have to fork out some bucks to go see.

:P

ty again, Taylor :bigrin:

Wanna see it with me?

:doggie:

MarieDelta
Feb 18, 2008, 8:32 PM
Wanna see it with me?

Yes :bigrin:, when are you in town next?

vittoria
Feb 18, 2008, 8:38 PM
The first movie that I had ever seen with Christian Bale in it was "Land of Faraway"... even in "Empire of the Sun" :) I thought he was hot as hell way back then when i was 12 years old, and I think he's hot now almost 20 years later :tong:

V

Doggie_Wood
Feb 18, 2008, 8:43 PM
Nothing set for me up there yet.If I don't get a call up there soon, I will have to schedule a 3 or 4 day weekend for myself. Say, July 18th thru July 20? The weekend that it Premiers?

Ocasio otoko
Feb 20, 2008, 9:45 PM
THANK YOU much for the trailer and those photos of him in the shower (from where are these anyway? Not the upcoming film I presume).
The Batman has always been one of my favorite superheroes since childhood, and finally the producers and director are reading actual DC Comics stories that portay the character as original creator Bob Kane wanted.

Holy bubblebutt, Batman, you ARE hot!:eek:

TaylorMade
Feb 20, 2008, 10:59 PM
THANK YOU much for the trailer and those photos of him in the shower (from where are these anyway? Not the upcoming film I presume).
The Batman has always been one of my favorite superheroes since childhood, and finally the producers and director are reading actual DC Comics stories that portay the character as original creator Bob Kane wanted.

Holy bubblebutt, Batman, you ARE hot!:eek:

Those shots of Christian Bale's ass are from his film American Psycho. . .

:)

*Taylor*

Thom100
Feb 21, 2008, 12:14 AM
A good portion of this movie was filmed in Chicago. I was walking to the train one day last summer and saw two guys in uniform having a smoke. I thought they were security guards until I saw the Gotham City Police patch. I said "Oh, two of Gotham City's finest." They said "got that right." Plus, a bar maid at Encore (a downtown bar I hit) was an extra. Had to wear a winter coat for hours in 90 degree heat. Lots of good downtown Chicago in the trailer.

TaylorMade
May 31, 2008, 1:33 AM
New Trailers and poster out finally. . . Found here... (http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/05/04/must-watch-second-full-trailer-for-the-dark-knight/)

July 18th can't come soon enough.

http://bitcast-a.bitgravity.com/firstshowing/darkknightposter-fullbig.jpg

*Taylor*

darkeyes
May 31, 2008, 1:17 PM
Dunno bout Batty..but e looks more like Ratty than eva...:tong::bigrin:

TaylorMade
May 31, 2008, 1:48 PM
Dunno bout Batty..but e looks more like Ratty than eva...:tong::bigrin:

I'll consider your opinion as biased.

*Taylor*

Papelucho
May 31, 2008, 4:01 PM
This movie will be good. Heath Ledger is said to give the performance of his career as the Joker.

darkeyes
Jun 1, 2008, 2:08 PM
I'll consider your opinion as biased.

*Taylor*
Def..jus don fancy rodents:bigrin:

TaylorMade
Jun 21, 2008, 2:06 PM
This movie will be good. Heath Ledger is said to give the performance of his career as the Joker.

Can't find the link, but people have thought that this performance (or rather, the stress from it) killed him. Christian Bale later came out to say that it's absolutely not possible.

I want to believe him...but different roles affect people differently. Janet Leigh from Psycho anyone?

*Taylor*

TaylorMade
Jul 17, 2008, 2:09 AM
So I have tickets for tomorrow night , 12:30 showing... Review to follow. :D The promotion and reviews have been been VERY favorable, giving rise to the thought that this film is possibly the Event Film of the year.

Oh, and. . .Bale's next film -- Terminator: Salvation, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Wyj5IJZMA) due to come out, Summer 2009.

*Taylor*

nathantiffany
Jul 17, 2008, 2:23 AM
Yes, I definately have to see this movie.....totally hot pics.

Toad82
Jul 18, 2008, 7:18 AM
So I have tickets for tomorrow night , 12:30 showing... Review to follow. :D The promotion and reviews have been been VERY favorable, giving rise to the thought that this film is possibly the Event Film of the year.

Okay I want to know what you thought of it. I got to see it at a 12:01 showing. So many people showed up that they had to open another theater so everyone could fit. I eagerly await your post.

12voltman59
Jul 18, 2008, 2:12 PM
I am sure going---it does look great from the things I see on the telly--and I think Maggie Gyllenhaal is a big improvement over Katie Holmes--and Heath Ledger did a wonderful job as The Joker in just the few segments I have seen--it is too bad he died at such a young age and before this film came out.

From all indications--this is going to be the biggest blockbuster film of all time---

I am looking forward to going

TaylorMade
Jul 18, 2008, 8:54 PM
Wow... Nearly 18 hours on, I am still processing how awesome this film is. . . Hmmm... I'm gonna take a moment from the film to start off this review.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Christian Bale on a Ducati.

I know some of you are just masturbating at the first two words, but take in the whole thing. . .Christian - Mother fucking - Bale on a Ducati, flying through the streets of Gotham City at one hundred miles per hour. Now imagine yourself on the back of that bike, taking that ride with him.

And that is what this film feels like -- you're not just holding on for dear life, but you're holding on - - BECAUSE YOU WANT TO. It's not a straight forward superhero saves the day tale. It takes you inside the characters on a roller coaster ride that does not fucking quit until it is ready to let you go.

Bale once again holds up as the rock of the ensemble, giving us moments as Bruce Wayne that can only be described as . . ."cold straight pimpin'". And I NEVER, EVER, use that term. The world is Bruce Wayne's oyster... but as Batman, it's the place he can't contain. . .his inner world, the place he can't control, and the Joker. . .the criminal he doesn't understand.

That brings me to - -the Joker. . .Christ, you will miss Heath Ledger by the time the film is done. Everything... from the way he talks, to the way he moves and just keeps PUSHING toward chaos for the fun of it. Nothing deep, nothing essential, just... "fuck this civilization shit... Burn, baby, burn!!!" He succeeds and breaks the person least expected, the last person you wanted to break. . .

On the "flip side" - - I really wish they didn't blow their wad with Aaron Ekhart as Two-Face. . .I am hoping that's a faked death. Christ, I am hoping that's not a real death. But in the short time he was on the screen, he brought out that chaois the Joker was hoping for.

Not so for Rachel Dawes. I admit it, I thought she blew in a bad way.

But---- Christian Bale on a Ducati. Hell, I'd still take him on a f'n rattle trap, poorly maintained Harley. :p

*Taylor*

Doggie_Wood
Jul 18, 2008, 9:16 PM
:( Taylor!! Not one more word about the film - you know some of us have not had a chance to see it yet!

TaylorMade
Jul 18, 2008, 9:21 PM
:( Taylor!! Not one more word about the film - you know some of us have not had a chance to see it yet!

Sorry, forgot a spoiler warning.

Will fix that.

*Taylor*

darkeyes
Jul 18, 2008, 9:54 PM
Christian Bale still looks like Ratty from Winds in the Willows... but wot me kno?
tellya wot...me knos gorge an e aint it! Well we all c peeps diff.....

BiphobiaFighter
Jul 18, 2008, 10:55 PM
The Australian release date was about three days ago and I've already seen it twice. :bigrin:

I don't think Bale is hot either. Eckhart is better looking but I didn't think anyone was hot.

BiphobiaFighter
Jul 22, 2008, 10:00 AM
Batman star Christian Bale has been arrested by detectives investigating claims he assaulted two family members.

The Hollywood actor was being questioned by police at a central London police station, sources said.

[...]
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080722/ten-batman-star-held-over-assault-claim-5f8abb3.html

frenchvikki
Jul 22, 2008, 11:07 AM
Poor Christian. I wonder if his mother and sister gave him baleful looks afterward? If he did as is claimed, for we must remember innocent until proven guilty, and I was one of the people he assaulted I would have crowned him with the first hard object that came to hand.

TaylorMade
Jul 22, 2008, 8:19 PM
I've heard rumors that he can be a diva on set. . .so this behavior kinda fits into the vision of him occasionally doing a Naomi Campbell/Russell Crowe impersonation. Just didn't think he'd take it off set. And take it out on his mom and sister to boot.

Just. Damn.

<sigh> Why are the hot ones always assholes. . .?

*Taylor*