PDA

View Full Version : profiles

happycpl
Dec 10, 2007, 12:48 AM
you know...I really like meeting people here and the chat room is by far one of the best i have been in, however when I'm chatting its nice to be able to know a bit about the person I'm chatting with. If your here to meet people is it to much to ask to just take a few minutes to fill out the profiles, even if you dont post a picture.

ambi53mm
Dec 10, 2007, 7:18 AM
Amen to that...but I only say that because my Crystal-Ball is in the shop being repaired at the moment.:rolleyes:

Ambi:)

12voltman59
Dec 10, 2007, 10:09 AM
Well Happy--we have had this conversation many times before---I agree with ya--but so many who come to the site---they never read the forums and come in a few times to chat primarily to do cyber, phone or for actual hook ups---

I am afraid that you are both "pissing in the wind" and :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: on this subject.

Have a great day now--ya hear!!!!!

welickit
Dec 10, 2007, 6:10 PM
We agree that this subject is worn out. We find it easier to just ignore those who prefer to not post a profile. If the profile is empty so is the person, kind of what you see is what you get.:bipride:

PolyLoveTriad
Dec 11, 2007, 3:50 AM
We agree that this subject is worn out. We find it easier to just ignore those who prefer to not post a profile. If the profile is empty so is the person, kind of what you see is what you get.:bipride:

I completely agree...

the mage
Dec 11, 2007, 10:02 AM
different stroke for different folks,,
I dont use the chat room.

Bluebiyou
Dec 11, 2007, 7:00 PM
Well, in a perfect world...
I'll post some stuff, but not too much, no profile. I'm tired of death threats at work, don't need them elsewhere.

FalconAngel
Dec 11, 2007, 9:16 PM
you know...I really like meeting people here and the chat room is by far one of the best i have been in, however when I'm chatting its nice to be able to know a bit about the person I'm chatting with. If your here to meet people is it to much to ask to just take a few minutes to fill out the profiles, even if you dont post a picture.

No. It isn't too much to ask. That's why we have a completely filled out profile, just as most of those here do.

Unfortunately, there are those out there that believe that, like religion, we need to take them on faith, rather than knowing beforehand if these people are right for each of us.
They would rather waste everyone concern's time and effort than spend the time meeting and chatting with people that are more likely to be suited to them, by simply filling out their profiles.

OcalaCouple683
Dec 11, 2007, 10:05 PM
We just joined here and the first thing we did was fill out our profile! I want people to get to know us!! :)

bi42guy1958
Dec 26, 2007, 1:25 AM
Well, I have mine filled out, but still have no friends :(:(:( I don't go into the chatroom much at all though.

LusciousLounge
Dec 26, 2007, 3:22 AM
I just joined a few days ago and put a profile up for this reason. But I'm SUPER into meeting people on here as friends! I'm newly defining as bi (long time knower, first time shower), and I want to gain some bi friends :bibounce: that I can talk to, so I figured the best way is to let them know about me first! THUS, a very detailed profile WITH PICTURES... HOT ones. :tong:

That is my personal beef beyond people not having profiles: JUST having genitals photos and not your face... soooo many people do it. If that's all you show, that's all you get (ie. people interested in your genitals, not YOU). Now if that's all you want, then it's another story...

TaylorMade
Dec 26, 2007, 3:13 PM
I have my profile, because, like Ms. Lounge on top of me ;), I want people to get to know me and stuff... then have me see if I want to know them.:tongue:

Some people though, simply don't read profiles (I had one guy tell me he skipped straight to the pictures w/o reading it because "it was too tedious". . .and he was everything I didn't want... Married w/o wife knowing, et al)... I always wondered... what do you do with them?

*Taylor*

IanGray
Dec 27, 2007, 1:05 PM
I have already filled out my profile and will look forward to chatting with you sometime. Glad to know that you are checking profiles.

Edinbiguy
Dec 27, 2007, 3:09 PM
I filled out my profile some time ago and now I want to update it but it won't let me save the changes! Any ideas?

Skater Boy
Dec 27, 2007, 3:24 PM
I've retired my old profile ad. I just got bored of it. If anyone can come up with a suitable replacement, then please let me know... I'm not good at describing myself (psychologically) and most people on the forum already have a fair idea of who (and what) I am from the that junk I post here. As for photos, I only got emails from dirty old guys wanting me to be be their bitch (and vice versa), so tbh it didn't really make much difference... therefore, I took them away too.

Now all you have to go on is a pair of ice-skates and the Picasso painting. Oh, the mystique of it all...

Bluebiyou
Dec 27, 2007, 4:54 PM
Oh, the obsessive mystique of it all. :)
(Just poking some hopefully non inflamatory fun your way skater boy!)

Yeah, under normal circumstances, perhaps put up a profile. Unfortunately, there are those among us that... follow careers or lifestyles that demand our anniminity (annonymousness) online... especially at bisexual.com
You already know NSA (or other intelligence agencies) has computers that monitor web sites like this. It would be negligence if they didn't. That's okay if they know who I am... as I previously stated, it's the death threats and attempts that I get at work that... get me down... why highly educated and highly paid people contrive to harm and threaten that is absolutely unnecessary... I've heard that 1-3% of the population are psychopaths and that the majority of these are extremely intelligent. Since all of these psychos couldn't all make it out to Kalifornia... I suppose that leaves quite a few of them everywhere.
I thought that by pursuing a scientific career, that it would leave the violent crazies behind in public school and Kalifornia headlines. Sigh, so much for that utopian idea.

Skater Boy
Dec 27, 2007, 5:09 PM
Oh, the obsessive mystique of it all. :)
(Just poking some hopefully non inflamatory fun your way skater boy!)

By all means, be my guest. Although I wouldn't really call myself obsessive... numerous other mental disorders, perhaps. But I'm not really that obsessive... at least not concerning anyone that I know of.

I've heard that 1-3% of the population are psychopaths and that the majority of these are extremely intelligent. Since all of these psychos couldn't all make it out to Kalifornia... I suppose that leaves quite a few of them everywhere.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!" ;)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/JBASHORUN/060608_shining_vmed_1pwidec.jpg

LusciousLounge
Dec 27, 2007, 5:18 PM
I make sure that my username and password are secret enough and different enough that those who know me on other online sites (plus friends and family) won't stumble upon me accidentally when googling other usernames I have. Like a lot of people, I tend to repeat usernames from site to site... But in this case, unless you know me as LusciousLounge (which I've only used twice, very carefully), you're not going to find this "side of me" on google. :)

In terms of hiding from the interwebs and the govt, etc... I'm not worried.. yet.

I can understand that some people on here have lifestyles that could get them fired (unfortunately) if people were to find out it was them. And that putting up the pictures that some put up is risky (thus my prevalence of photos, but lack of certain "special" types of photos).

Really, the only people I worry about finding out about my bisexuality and sexual explorations are my parents (not as much because of the bisexuality, but mostly because of the sexual "adventures" :eek: LOL) and my boyfriend for the same reason. If my boss were to happen upon me, I don't think I would care. If they fired me, then I clearly was not meant to work for such closed-minded people, and I would seek out a new job.

:bipride:

open4bizness
Dec 27, 2007, 9:13 PM
There's no need for me to put my life story or pics here. I have no intention of meeting anyone. I'm not closed on the idea but it's not something I'm seeking. Most people that PM me out of the blue are morons and it's obvious by their initial message. I'm not exactly a regular here anyway.

MissySue
Dec 27, 2007, 11:03 PM
I love the chat room, but I'm not looking for anyone. If I fill out the complete profile, it will be listed as a personal ad. I'd love for people to see more of a profile from me, but not at the expense of advertising myself, IMHO. Otherwise, I would have filled out the entire profile.

BiphobiaFighter
Dec 27, 2007, 11:40 PM
If I fill out the complete profile, it will be listed as a personal ad. I'd love for people to see more of a profile from me, but not at the expense of advertising myself, IMHO. Otherwise, I would have filled out the entire profile.
Same here. :cool:

mannysg
Dec 27, 2007, 11:41 PM
I have my profile filled out,and have since shortly after joining the site. I don't go into chat often, but when I do I am always asked questions taht are answered in my profile. I got tired of answering them, so when I get such a question, I tell the person the answer is in my profile. Some people get pissed when I say that, but oh well.

chulainn2
Dec 28, 2007, 11:43 AM
At the very least the profile should include gender, age (be truthful) and location. I really don't like people pming me in the chat room and there is no info on them in their profile. I steer away from them because they could be under age.