PDA

View Full Version : My luck

Tingly_Tickles
Dec 6, 2007, 9:30 AM
It seems that my luck is just no good it's only a couple weeks before christmas
and I get fired from my job so now the family and I have to pack up our house
and find some place to live rather quickly.

I'm in more of a tangle than I've been before now because I'm really taking all
this out on myself as being my fault for her and our son not having a good
enough life with me here.

For some reason I've only managed to keep one job for more than a year and
that was at a pharmacy that didn't have great hours it didn't have even close
to decent benefits and was only around 30 ish hours a week.

Why do I seem to fail at all my jobs is it that I really don't want them or what I
can't seem to find happiness in any of my jobs because I'm really not into them.

I'm really messed up right now and in need of some desperate help here just
give me some kind of reason to have faith and keep going hell if anyone knows
where to find a job for a person like me then by all means let me know please.

My details are getting updated right after this as for my location just in case
there is anyone out there that might know of any place that needs people
immediately.

You've all been great to talk with and just reading the forums has helped me
out a lot.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Love to everyone.

brunette
Dec 6, 2007, 10:08 AM
if you were fired, then i'd go to the unemployment office immediately to file for benefits.

as for the job search, i'm back on the wagon myself and having a hard time. it doesn't pay well, but there's always walmart or fast food.

Tingly_Tickles
Dec 6, 2007, 11:19 AM
OMFG HAHAHHAHA that's hilarious cuz wal-hell is the ones that fired me guess
now that means that I'm outta options huh.

Gemini25
Dec 6, 2007, 3:21 PM
A good place to go for a job are your local temporary agency's. There are several different kinds of job agency's and a lot if not all of them offer FREE training to learn different computer programs, build your typing speed, and other things. They find the jobs for you, and if it's not a fit then you just call them up and get a new assignment. I've worked temp jobs for a few years and learned a lot about the differnt jobs out there, like Accounts Payable, Account Recivalble, Payroll, Logistics, Warehouse, just to name a few. I have gained a lot of computer skills, and learned a lot of different computer programs. It has been a great learning opportunity for me as well, and I have met some really great people. Have you thought about what you would like to do for a job, career, or business? Going to school to learn more about it and get a sellable skill? I have a friend that waited until he was 36 years old before going back to school and getting his degree as a Vetrinary Technician, and has told me that if he had gone to school when he was younger that he may have contined on to become a Doctor. SO don't sell yourself short. You have all the opportunity to do and be anything you want. Best of luck to you. I know it's hard, but don't beat yourself up and get too discuraged. But like brunette said there is alway fast food, and there are always other retail jobs.

Tingly_Tickles
Dec 6, 2007, 3:51 PM
Well thanks for the good words there but unfortunately I've burned more bridges
then I've been able to build back when I was younger I was a drug addict and
I've since worked for all the temp services around my location and wore those
welcomes out so now I'm not allowed to go through them anymore.

For going back to school well I dropped out when I was in high school because
I wasn't very good at that either seeing as how I never got above a D average.

So going back to school now would just result in the same grades as before if
not worse as things have changed completely and I've done nothing to teach
myself anything new to keep up with the ever changing world.

We can't relocate due to funds being super low so leaving town to start over
isn't an option and travel isn't really an option either since bus routes are far
and few between and we don't have reliable transportation.

Does it just seem like it's me or are jobs harder to find once you've had too
many of them or is it just that your not welcome back to most of those that
you screwed in the first place when you were younger and had no sense.

Honestly I can't say how many jobs I've held because I've lost track and I'm
only 25 but I do know I lost track around 40 something jobs but at least I
have a lot of different trade skills now but no one is willing to hire me because
of it.

I want a new life one that I can do something with where no one knows how
I am that way I know I can do more with it.

Bisexualnewbie
Dec 6, 2007, 4:12 PM
Hi there,
I know that a few years ago there was a guy I worked with as a concrete mixer driver who had just come out of CDL driving school. He said that he had been on unemployment and found he could get them to pay for him to go and do the course to get his CDL, you may want to look into that if you want and they may pay you unemployment as well while your training.
I know how things can get while your young and in your first jobs, lost count of the different ones I had growing up.
Have a great day

Gemini25
Dec 6, 2007, 4:35 PM
WOW! Your really in a bind. I do have to say though that it IS harder right now to find a job (especially in my little town). I have no idea why, but I had a hell of a time finding the job I have now, even the temp agency I was with didn't have anything for me, and I'm friends with the lady's that work there. I can only imagine how hard it must be for you right now. But it sounds like your trying to get your stuff together, and start over. I work with a lot of people who are recovering, and starting over and see how hard it is for them.
How about a home based business? I know for a fact that there are some business' you can start for no money at all, and others have a small investment. Or what about selling stuff on Ebay? My dad does it and is doing pretty good.
As for the school thing, my friend that I mentioned never finished high school either, and he was not a straight A student, before he was able to go to the school he chose he had to take the GED. He also struggled a bit through his trade school, but stuck with it because that was what he wanted to do with his life.
This could be a very introspective time for you right now. Figure out what you like to do, figure out what you want to do with your life, and go for it. I know it's easy words for someone to put on the screen, but when you figure out what you want to do, and start moving towards it, people will see the change in you, and you may be able to re-build some of the bridges you have burnt. There are tons of books in the library you can reference as well.

Like what was mentioned before Unemployment, in California the unemployment department has what they call cal jobs, and it's a website that has a bunch of different job postings in your area and surrounding area's. Maybe your states has something like that. Also I think you can get free training through them as well. But I'm not completely positive about that.

Best of Luck to you