PDA

View Full Version : any gamers out there?

buck-rogers
Dec 3, 2007, 1:14 AM
I'm a huge game collector and I was wondering what you're playing right now, what's in your collection, if you were going to purchase one of the latest consoles and if so wich one and why?

I'm busy playing the new Sonic on the 360 I just got, I just love the Sonic games. My collection is pretty big with 15 consoles and 400 or so games at the moment. I've spent most of my life putting the collection together (and it's just gonna keep getting bigger). Some of my favourite consoles are Intellivision, Saturn and Genesis to name a few. Some of my favourite series' are Sonic the Hedgehog, Legend of Zelda, Myst and Castlevania. I picked up the 360 because my brother already had the Wii and I get to play it very often and I noticed SEGA was really supporting it with great titles so I got one right away.

Anyways, I want to hear about everyone elses collections and tastes. If you want to see my collection in full It's right HERE (http://www.gamespot.com/users/brendan_o/games_table?mode=own)

jeancarleo
Dec 3, 2007, 7:00 AM
I love DDR (dance dance revolution). I just have the ps2 with all the ddr games for it and a game cube. I also love final fantasy games, dragon quest 8, fire emblem. Pac-man and Ms pac-man have always been my top favourites. I will buy the ps3 when final fantasy 13 comes out and the Wii when smash bros brawl comes out. But i wanna buy all the systems that have ddr since that's what i like the most.

FalconAngel
Dec 3, 2007, 12:41 PM
We don't have the PS2 or any of those game consoles, but we do play a number of computer games.
We have Civ I, II, III, and IV; Combat flight simulator I, II and 3, Flyboys, Everquest, Everquest II, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, IL2 Stumovik, Sacred, Dungeon Siege 2, Titan Quest, B-17 Flying Fortress, Fable and Neverwinter Nights.

Is that enough games? :tongue::tong::bigrin::eek:

brunette
Dec 3, 2007, 7:54 PM
my husband and i both work at a game store where we can check out any game we want for free, so we don't buy games any more. we own a 360 and a nintendo ds, and have, in the past, owned every other system available. we've sold both of the wiis that we had, because we were offered much more than they were worth.

i liked the wii, it just didn't have enough games to keep me interested. i love my ds, i will never get rid of that thing. the 360 has tons of games, but also a lot of really awful ones.

mass effect for the 360 was pretty good. the controls were a bit difficult, but the story was interesting and the game was very extensive. bioshock was awesome, unlike anything that has come before it. blue dragon was made by the same people that did chrono trigger for the snes. chrono trigger is the reason i'm a gamer today. we just checked out the new area 51 game, so i'll let you know how that is in a couple of days.

zelda: phantom hourglass was a lot of fun. zelda: twilight princess was a huge disappointment. the zelda series is my favorite, and i really was pissed that there were so few side quests and very little fun in the game. i don't have a wii anymore, but i've heard super mario galaxy is fantastic. also, coming out in february is super smash brothers melee which should be awesome. hmm...lots of good games for the ds.

final fantasy is always a favorite. it was originally created by the guy who made chrono trigger. i'm not as into it as some people i know though. geez, that series has a following.

and, shortly after my daughter was born, i was transported into world of warcraft. that would be my favorite game if i was single, did not have a kid, and still lived with my parents. a great game, but kinda expensive a way too time consuming.

and, since i have a mac, my computer game choices are limited, but back in my dimmer, pc days, i loved starcraft, diablo, baulder's gate, age of empires and civilization. i bought my husband civ 4 for christmas, and i fully expect to not see him for the next few months...haha.

gfofbiguy
Dec 3, 2007, 7:59 PM
What about all us gamer-widows/widowers???:rolleyes:

PolyLoveTriad
Dec 3, 2007, 8:08 PM
We have the nintendo, super nintendo, the genisis, a playstation and ps2. and with about 450 ps2 games you wouldnt think I wouldnt be playing it but heh, Im a World of Warcraft addict!

midwestseeker
Dec 3, 2007, 8:16 PM
I LOVE video games, although I lean mostly towards the "old-school" stuff. Id say mostly the original NES era from late 80's to the Super Nintendo stuff.

I've got kind of a guilty pleasure thing going for a lot of those old 2600 games too, espically the stuff activision did.

In terms of new games, Im a bit all over the place (and behind the times).

I was really into Doom when it came out (and still love it, even though its kind of obsolete now) as well as the original sims.

Oh, and starcraft too.