PDA

View Full Version : Delete My Account Please

DuskTillDawn
Nov 21, 2007, 7:21 PM
Hey, Im not sure how to delete my account, any idea someone could fill me in?

Or could drew just delete it for me? - pretty please.

bigregory
Nov 22, 2007, 10:52 PM
This is from Drew under FAQ's
Normally there is no reason for an account to be deleted; this site is not a mailing list. If you wish not to participate on the site anymore then you simply stop visiting.
If you have a personal ad in place, and you do not want to participate on the site anymore then you should disable the ad so you no longer get enquiries (emails and/or private messages) about it. You disable your personal ad this way: Click on the My Account button, then under the heading "Your Personal Ad", UNCHECK the "Enable Ad" box and click "Save". That's it - you ad will no longer appear.

If you do not disable your ad then it will automatically be disabled 60 days after you last visit the site.

If you have a compelling reason for me to completely delete your account then you can email me at the Contact Us link on the bottom of each page. But please be considerate of my time, the fact that this site is free, and the fact that the software is really not designed for me to easily delete accounts, because it is normally not necessary

I hope this helps you.:)

Doggie_Wood
Nov 23, 2007, 10:50 PM
But why leave?:(:)

eods29
Nov 24, 2007, 11:41 AM
I know this looks like this is my first posting, but I had to get my original account deleted. There are a myriad of reasons for people to want to delete their account. I know that, from personal experience, when I googled my screen name here, it brought the link right to one of my postings or right to the profile. I have a picture up so it was easy for people to just google the name and see the more private side of me without my consent. I didnt want this. The same screen name that I used to have here was similar to my primary email address. I since asked Drew to delete that account and I started a new one. I just cant seem to stay away! But in that case, I needed immediate results and I must say that Drew complied and for that Im grateful.