PDA

View Full Version : Food for Friends

onewhocares
Nov 17, 2007, 11:20 PM
Since the holidays are approaching, I thought it might be a nice idea to share some of your favorite recipes. Many people on the site know that I am a caterer and ask me all the time for suggestions. I know that there are others who are also either in the food business or just love to cook. Would you like to share? You can even include beverages. Tell us how you came upon the recipe and how you present it as well.

Bon Appetite

Belle

vittoria
Nov 17, 2007, 11:33 PM
Bread pudding is a staple dessert of mine for the holidays. Use any basic recipe, but check this out...

I substitute egg nog for the milk, and I make a rum sauce by making the basic dessert sauce recipe sans artificial rum extract, and I add REAL rum AFTER the sauce has cooled some. All about the rum sauce :)

ambi53mm
Nov 18, 2007, 12:10 AM
Thanksgiving Breakfast… Eggs Chesapeake

Eggs Chesapeake consists of an Split English Muffin buttered and then topped with a crab cake which is then topped with a fried egg yolk intact, and finally drenched in Béarnaise’ sauce.
Chesapeake lump Blue Crab makes for the best crab cakes if you can find it. Since moving to Florida I’ve switched to the Blue Swimming crab...not quite as sweet.. but just as tasty when seasoned right.

Crab Cakes
1lb crabmeat
1 egg
I tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp cooking sherry
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp old Bay Seasoning
1 tbsp Parsley

Mix, form into cakes, and deep-fry

Ambi:)

captslaprock