PDA

View Full Version : How do you Delete accout

NYCcoolsista
Nov 17, 2007, 5:08 PM
How do you delete your account?

welickit
Nov 17, 2007, 6:35 PM
Looks like you are looking for attention. Just ignore your account and it will get wiped off for being inactive. If you pout long enough either you will come back or be gone for good. Either way, sympathy isn't at hand. If you have an issue state it, if not then forget the drama and just go your own way.

TaylorMade
Nov 17, 2007, 8:27 PM
Looks like you are looking for attention. Just ignore your account and it will get wiped off for being inactive. If you pout long enough either you will come back or be gone for good. Either way, sympathy isn't at hand. If you have an issue state it, if not then forget the drama and just go your own way.

Or maybe it's a genuine tech support question, and besides, it's common to many boards. When I was inactive, I still got PMs and such, and that can be annoying if you don't want to be a part of the board anymore. Even if inactive, I think names are still search able, even if not readily accessible.

But don't let me stop your pole vaulting into conclusion-ville, which seems to be your trademark.

you know, though; its rare to see assholes fly.

*Taylor*

vittoria
Nov 17, 2007, 11:27 PM

ouch.

I so love Posting Rule # 2 ( i always thought it should be number 1... number 2 is always poo... and a lot of people have been getting "pooed" on in here as of late... )

2. Be polite - flame the idea if you feel you must, but not the person.

Holy crap life isnt that bad... sounds like some folks have personal probs.

And to let the original poster know, I sometimes wish leaving this site was like clicking on those links to unsubscribe to junk email, but unfortunately not... I'm sorry if you feel the need to leave because of or from having to deal with vehement speech like the one quoted above. Not all of us in this community are like that. But if you joined to get some valuable information and advice, and now you have found out what you needed to know with sufficiency, I wish you godspeed and many blessings in your search for truth, wisdom, and KEWL peeps :)

DiamondDog
Nov 18, 2007, 1:55 AM
Or maybe it's a genuine tech support question, and besides, it's common to many boards. When I was inactive, I still got PMs and such, and that can be annoying if you don't want to be a part of the board anymore. Even if inactive, I think names are still search able, even if not readily accessible.

But don't let me stop your pole vaulting into conclusion-ville, which seems to be your trademark.

you know, though; its rare to see assholes fly.

*Taylor*

Agreed.

There really should be an option to delete your account if you want to or Drew the owner/admin should delete an account if the person wants it done and requests it.

http://main.bisexual.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_user_maintain

http://main.bisexual.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_how_to_cancel

How do I delete/cancel my account?
Normally there is no reason for an account to be deleted; this site is not a mailing list. If you wish not to participate on the site anymore then you simply stop visiting.
If you have a personal ad in place, and you do not want to participate on the site anymore then you should disable the ad so you no longer get enquiries (emails and/or private messages) about it. You disable your personal ad this way: Click on the My Account button, then under the heading "Your Personal Ad", UNCHECK the "Enable Ad" box and click "Save". That's it - you ad will no longer appear.

If you do not disable your ad then it will automatically be disabled 60 days after you last visit the site.

If you have a compelling reason for me to completely delete your account then you can email me at the Contact Us link on the bottom of each page. But please be considerate of my time, the fact that this site is free, and the fact that the software is really not designed for me to easily delete accounts, because it is normally not necessary.

DiamondDog
Nov 19, 2007, 5:23 PM
You don't.
This place is like the Eagles' song hotel California.

"You can check out any time you like; but you can never leave!

The admin/owner of this place really should put it in the disclaimer that you read when you register that accounts can't be deleted.

arana
Nov 19, 2007, 6:10 PM
You can ask Drew to delete your account and he might do it for you. Having activity such as threads/posts causes some confusion and problems that he would rather you just let your profiles become inactive instead. (This is what he told me when I asked to delete mine so if it's changed, I apologize)

You can also delete all your member information, make yourself unavailable for emails and pm's and just leave your user name, such as many "active" members seem to like to do, and abandon your account then no one can contact you.

All accounts are still accessible by other members even if you stop loggin into it. The date you last logged in will show on your profile and anyone with some intelligence will know by the time lapse that you probably are no longer using that account.

Hope that helps.