PDA

View Full Version : The Orgasm - overrated?

danasdf876wer
Nov 17, 2007, 12:29 AM
How many of you have ever actually said "I want to go have an orgasm!" No? That's because you don't really want to have an orgasm as much as you want to fuck him or fuck her or get fucked or suck on something. Sure, an orgasm is a nice release sometimes, but then it's all over. You aren't horny anymore. You might feel embarrassed or ashamed. You might even have to cleanup. For guys , blue balls are definitely an issue, and I think that I've heard that there is a female equivalent. All I'm saying is that I don't think an orgasm is necessarily better than when you're in the middle of great sex. I get annoyed by movies like Shortbus that are about someone on the quest for the big O. An orgasm is not a cure for irritability. It just doesn't work that way. Fuck the orgasm!

DiamondDog
Nov 17, 2007, 12:40 AM
Speak for yourself mang, I can't say that I've ever had a bad orgasm or one that wasn't enjoyable for myself or my partners.

Blueballs isn't that painful and some find it enjoyable. :)

But some of us get off on orgasm denial for both genders, or other such things. <eg>

I do agree with you that Shortbus was a bad movie.

It's like the movie the Brown Bunny by Vincent Gallo, there's no point to the sex and people like to think that they're being sophistocated by watching an independant movie that's poorly made and is either about sex or happens to have real sex in it.

AdamKadmon43
Nov 17, 2007, 12:57 AM
Are you for real ?????

buck-rogers
Nov 17, 2007, 1:59 AM
How many of you have ever actually said "I want to go have an orgasm!"
Well I personally haven't said that but my best friend has said "I feel like having an orgasm tonight" or something along those lines before we go out to party :cutelaugh. Personally I never thought orgasms were overrated though :2cents:. Infact, I think they're fantastic. :compuser:

misstri
Nov 17, 2007, 4:14 AM
I don't know that I would say its overrated. I will say that I get alot out of the sensuality, closeness, touching, tasting, feelings, and emotions that go along with a sexual partner I know well. Those things all combined do so much for me. I do however look forward to fulfilling my needs that way, and eventually having an orgasm.

danasdf876wer
Nov 17, 2007, 5:02 AM
Are you for real ?????
Yes, Adam. I'm for real. It's easy for you to write this one line response, since the orgasm is so popular. But what does it really do for you? Is it like a brief heroin high? My idea is not a new idea. Haven't people been saying forever that the anticipation is better than the actual thing? Please don't give me the quintuple question marks again.

danasdf876wer
Nov 17, 2007, 5:08 AM
Speak for yourself mang, I can't say that I've ever had a bad orgasm or one that wasn't enjoyable for myself or my partners.

But some of us get off on orgasm denial for both genders, or other such things. <eg>

It's like the movie the Brown Bunny by Vincent Gallo, there's no point to the sex and people like to think that they're being sophistocated by watching an independant movie that's poorly made and is either about sex or happens to have real sex in it.

I didn't say that Shortbus was a bad movie. It was worth watching. The Brown Bunny sucked. Ass.

jem_is_bi
Nov 17, 2007, 5:32 AM
Sex! Sex! Sex!
Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh! Ah Sex! Oh Sex!
Ah! Oh! Screaming wonderful ORGASM!!!

Dam, that REALLY works well for me as well as my partner!
Blue Balls? Why have sex outdoors in the wintertime?

JEM

danasdf876wer
Nov 17, 2007, 5:38 AM
Sex! Sex! Sex!
Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh! Ah Sex! Oh Sex!
Ah! Oh! Screaming wonderful ORGASM!!!

Dam, that REALLY works well for me as well as my partner!
Blue Balls? Why have sex outdoors in the wintertime?

JEM

You guys are missing the point. I'm really too tired to explain it. And I'm not saying blue balls is a reason not to be a fan of the orgasm, duh.

kitten
Nov 17, 2007, 5:47 AM
It is a total package deal for me.
The anticipation and feeling of need, the caress and kiss that warm the skin, the building momentum of the body losing control, the sensation of heat spreading throughout my body as the orgasm peaks and then the afterglow of feeling satiated, with the anticipation of feeling it all over again soon.

darkeyes
Nov 17, 2007, 5:49 AM
Thread posted by man..man seems 2 get lil thrill round lil area... yea..can c wy e wonders of it overrated!!! Poor babba lesser mortals....:bigrin:

danasdf876wer
Nov 17, 2007, 5:56 AM
Thread posted by man..man seems 2 get lil thrill round lil area... yea..can c wy e wonders of it overrated!!! Poor babba lesser mortals....:bigrin:

Thanks, Tracy Jordan. There is a reason why the French call it the "little death". Anticipation is better. We figured that out a long time ago.

danasdf876wer
Nov 17, 2007, 5:58 AM
Well I personally haven't said that but my best friend has said "I feel like having an orgasm tonight" or something along those lines before we go out to party :cutelaugh. Personally I never thought orgasms were overrated though :2cents:. Infact, I think they're fantastic. :compuser:

Yeah, and my brother's friend knows somebody who said that orgasms rock!

darkeyes
Nov 17, 2007, 5:59 AM
Thanks, Tracy Jordan. There is a reason why the French call it the "little death". Anticipation is better. We figured that out a long time ago.
Ifya knew it then wy ask the question?? Seems wasta breath 2 me... :tong:

danasdf876wer
Nov 17, 2007, 6:00 AM
It is a total package deal for me.
The anticipation and feeling of need, the caress and kiss that warm the skin, the building momentum of the body losing control, the sensation of heat spreading throughout my body as the orgasm peaks and then the afterglow of feeling satiated, with the anticipation of feeling it all over again soon.

Everything you just described was about the anticipation, except for the afterglow.

danasdf876wer
Nov 17, 2007, 6:03 AM
Ifya knew it then wy ask the question?? Seems wasta breath 2 me... :tong:

Yeah, you're right. I love you.

darkeyes
Nov 17, 2007, 6:08 AM
Yeah, you're right. I love you.

awww ta.. ya r nice... ere..have wee kissie 2 makeya feel betta.. muuuuuuuuuaaaaaahhh!!!!!:tong:

danasdf876wer
Nov 17, 2007, 6:23 AM
awww ta.. ya r nice... ere..have wee kissie 2 makeya feel betta.. muuuuuuuuuaaaaaahhh!!!!!:tong:
I don't love you anymore. I just want to have an orgasm now.

darkeyes
Nov 17, 2007, 6:25 AM
I don't love you anymore. I just want to have an orgasm now.

Fine wiv me.. jus don expect it 2 b me that brings ya off!!!:bigrin:

diB4u
Nov 17, 2007, 6:59 AM
How many of you have ever actually said "I want to go have an orgasm!" No? That's because you don't really want to have an orgasm as much as you want to fuck him or fuck her or get fucked or suck on something. Sure, an orgasm is a nice release sometimes, but then it's all over. You aren't horny anymore. You might feel embarrassed or ashamed. You might even have to cleanup. For guys , blue balls are definitely an issue, and I think that I've heard that there is a female equivalent. All I'm saying is that I don't think an orgasm is necessarily better than when you're in the middle of great sex. I get annoyed by movies like Shortbus that are about someone on the quest for the big O. An orgasm is not a cure for irritability. It just doesn't work that way. Fuck the orgasm!

Well I for my part do agree on a few points.
1. The ograsm when its gone is gone.
2. There are emotional differences why women have or dont have orgasms to men.
3. Great sex doesn't always mean great orgasms. Great sex is missleading.. Who always has great sex.?

But a person can orgasm without having good sex or any sex... That does depend on the person and why they are doing what they're doing.

For some women its mearly a realeas, a cause in affect. For some it can be to take away tension. A friend told me that she does it to send herself off to sleep.

Whatever rocks a persons boat. A person can have great sex and never have an orgasm. Or a person can have crap sex and still no orgasm.

jem_is_bi
Nov 17, 2007, 8:00 AM
You guys are missing the point. I'm really too tired to explain it. And I'm not saying blue balls is a reason not to be a fan of the orgasm, duh.

I may be missing the point but not the orgasm.
I feel really good afterwards and like “after play” as much as “fore play”.
Why should sex end with orgasm?
If work and life leave you too tired, then I can understand your lack of energy and enthusiasm for orgasm.

JEM

the mage
Nov 17, 2007, 8:13 AM
Even chocolate cake tastes better with frosting.

Doggie_Wood
Nov 17, 2007, 9:48 AM
Even chocolate cake tastes better with frosting.

I prefer vanilla-orange swirl cake with butternut vanilla frosting, myself.

As far as the big 'O' goes, each one has a point in what was said. :cool:
Some can have good sex, not as good sex, terrific sex, ho-hum sex or even rockets bursting in air sex - and - little 'O', bigger 'O', eye skwinching 'O', energy zapping 'O', even the body thrashing 'O' (and many variables in between).
And then again - some get or have no 'O' - not even a smidgen of an 'O'. :(

IMO :2cents: there should always, between two or more passionate peeps, be a beginning and an end. Like a rollercoaster ride - you get in (the introductions and the meet) you ride (the act or acts of foreplay) you enjoy each twist, turn, steep climb where the coaster works to get up the hill, free fall down and around - up and down and back around twisting and turning (doing what one does in having sex) and the finnallie, the slower with not as abrubt turns as the coaster returns to the end of the ride and stops.

Some get off (figuratively and litteraly) - and it's just that, the end.
While some, stay on. Moving to a different seat - maybe trading places, positions or try a different style or whatever - and the ride is on again.

All I'm trying to say here folks is having sex with him, her or them doesn't have to be ho-hum and those involved should want each sexual experience to be like the roller-coaster ride. And very enjoyable (for each involved). :bigrin: The start to the finish should be good. 'O' or 'O' no.

JD :doggie:

brunette
Nov 17, 2007, 11:31 AM
Occasionally, I do just really want to come. I want a no fuss, no muss orgasm. I don't care if I'm by myself or with other people, I just want to get in and out as fast as possible (haha).

Most of the time though, the build up to the orgasm is more fun, or, just sex in general with or without an orgasm. Most of the time, when I have sex with my husband, we both come quickly and then we have really long and awesome sex and then we come again and that's the end (sorry if that's too much info). We both come at first because it helps him last longer, and it makes me all sensitive and tingly. Then, our final orgasms are way more intense.

Also, we rarely come at the same time, so even though he may come, I might not be done, and we're involved through both people coming. So most of the time our sex lasts past the orgasm.

I totally get what you're saying, but I don't think it's overrated. It would be like telling a joke without the punchline. It's closure and release after a lot of hard work.

redheadhoneycat
Nov 17, 2007, 12:47 PM
If the orgasm is not awesome for ya maybe your not doin it right sugar. I will take mine multi thank you. I become completely relaxed afterward and wow so the orgasm freakin rocks dude. :bigrin: :2cents:

frenchvikki
Nov 17, 2007, 4:04 PM
Hear! Hear! Cat.:)

Bluefrankenstein
Nov 17, 2007, 4:17 PM
I may be missing the point but not the orgasm.
I feel really good afterwards and like “after play” as much as “fore play”.
Why should sex end with orgasm?
If work and life leave you too tired, then I can understand your lack of energy and enthusiasm for orgasm.

JEM

I agree, sex doesn't have to end there. Not to many people want to stress the after play, but I love it.:bibounce:

jamiehue
Nov 17, 2007, 7:36 PM
after is where it at.

vittoria
Nov 17, 2007, 8:20 PM

ie or ergo eyes wide shut? (Spocklike eyebrow raise)

vittoria
Nov 17, 2007, 8:25 PM
I prefer vanilla-orange swirl cake with butternut vanilla frosting, myself.

As far as the big 'O' goes, each one has a point in what was said. :cool:
Some can have good sex, not as good sex, terrific sex, ho-hum sex or even rockets bursting in air sex - and - little 'O', bigger 'O', eye skwinching 'O', energy zapping 'O', even the body thrashing 'O' (and many variables in between).
And then again - some get or have no 'O' - not even a smidgen of an 'O'. :(

IMO :2cents: there should always, between two or more passionate peeps, be a beginning and an end. Like a rollercoaster ride - you get in (the introductions and the meet) you ride (the act or acts of foreplay) you enjoy each twist, turn, steep climb where the coaster works to get up the hill, free fall down and around - up and down and back around twisting and turning (doing what one does in having sex) and the finnallie, the slower with not as abrubt turns as the coaster returns to the end of the ride and stops.

Some get off (figuratively and litteraly) - and it's just that, the end.
While some, stay on. Moving to a different seat - maybe trading places, positions or try a different style or whatever - and the ride is on again.

All I'm trying to say here folks is having sex with him, her or them doesn't have to be ho-hum and those involved should want each sexual experience to be like the roller-coaster ride. And very enjoyable (for each involved). :bigrin: The start to the finish should be good. 'O' or 'O' no.

JD :doggie:

yay Doggy!!!

DiamondDog
Nov 17, 2007, 10:08 PM
ie or ergo eyes wide shut? (Spocklike eyebrow raise)

Yes that film comparison could describe it too! :)

Long Duck Dong
Nov 17, 2007, 10:49 PM
if its all about the big O.... why have sex........

I actually dislike cumming..... and as other posters have pointed out.... its the *lil death *

while I am celibate and no longer enjoy the pleasures and experiences of shared intimacy....I do admit to a love of sex without cumming.... for myself..... I preferred that my partners got the pleasure that they enjoyed, and the chance to cum

for me making love was a experience that lasted for hours.... and i could enjoy the pleasure as a on going experience...... kinda like a few hours listening to good music..but the *cumming * aspect, to me, was more of a selfish experience and lasted only a couple of minutes..... tho it was shared with my partner, it was mainly about me blowing my load.... and that just never appealed to me
give me 3-4 hours kissing, cuddling hugging, licking, sucking, caressing, fucking etc....rather than 2 minutes grunting panting, snorting pulling faces and than making one hell of a mess

I am not knocking anybody for enjoying what I don't enjoy, either..... cos making love is such a vast experience.....its just that not all of us enjoy what most of us do

scubaman
Nov 17, 2007, 11:31 PM
An organism gets in the way of good sex???????? I relate that to cooking a big thick jucy steak being hungry as hell then not eating it. An orgasim would be the joyous ending of good sex. :2cents:

ambi53mm
Nov 18, 2007, 1:03 AM
I kind of see the orgasm as an answered prayer of sorts....usually just prior I can be heard praying out loud oh god...Oh God...OH GOD!! OOOOOH GOD!!!!
Gives new meaning to the ole saying.. Come unto me:angel:

Ambi:)

MarieDelta
Nov 18, 2007, 1:53 AM
Just one short comment here before I head off to bed -

Sex is play, adult play, but play nonetheless.

If your Orgasms aren't what you want , then don't have them or let it build up w/ anticipation untill you can no longer hold out.

For me its not a rush to the finishline (most times) unless I'm so horny that I just gotta, but then that usually leads to a follow up session that can be mind blowing.

Anyways, quit taking it too serious. Its sex and sex is meant to be fun I believe.

Too much analysis, too much thinking about how this or that isn't the best part of sex, Its all good. I don't think that the orgasm is overrate, at least not for me, anything that can make me laugh and cry at the same time is not overrated.

But from a trans-womans perspective, my orgasm is 10x what it was pre hormones, and they justkeep getting better

diB4u
Nov 18, 2007, 9:24 AM
Just one short comment here before I head off to bed -

Sex is play, adult play, but play nonetheless.

If your Orgasms aren't what you want , then don't have them or let it build up w/ anticipation untill you can no longer hold out.

For me its not a rush to the finishline (most times) unless I'm so horny that I just gotta, but then that usually leads to a follow up session that can be mind blowing.

Anyways, quit taking it too serious. Its sex and sex is meant to be fun I believe.

Too much analysis, too much thinking about how this or that isn't the best part of sex, Its all good. I don't think that the orgasm is overrate, at least not for me, anything that can make me laugh and cry at the same time is not overrated.

But from a trans-womans perspective, my orgasm is 10x what it was pre hormones, and they justkeep getting better

Ah well Marie each to their own, for me Sex is serious. I now dont give sex that easily, but thats me, and everyone has their own agenda's. Its interesting to know that your experience as a transexual person how your orgasms are hightened with the added hormonal supliments.

darkeyes
Nov 18, 2007, 10:39 AM
....Sex is serious..... I now dont give sex that easily

Def DiB..2 1st bit.. Def 2 second 2.. well kinda... not if me fancied em!!!!:bigrin:

12voltman59
Nov 18, 2007, 2:48 PM
I think people get way too focused on "cuming"--as if the "Big O" were everything----I think the journey most often is much better than reaching the destination---

And often-trying to get to having the orgasm as the main goal can actually shut things down--my feeling is---just let things flow and take their natural course---it is sure a fun trip!!!!

It did take me a long time in life to figure it out--I wished when I was "young, dumb and full of cum" I would have figured that out---but then again--"youth is wasted on youth!"

tomishere
Nov 28, 2007, 10:58 AM

While I enjoy the feeling of an orgasm, I much more enjoy watching it happen in my partner. There is nothing quite so wonderful as watching a women come, a more beautiful sight I have never seen.