PDA

View Full Version : Fucking great

Sarasvati
Nov 16, 2007, 11:28 AM
FUCK
There it is in its full glory - surely the greatest word in the American (formerly the English) language. Do you agree with me or disagree? What is your alternative if you have one?

But how can you really find a better word than:

FUCK

There's that li'l beauty again. So why do I like it so much?

It's so adaptable, immediately understood wherever you are, in every circumstance, in every culture.

It has poise and elegance. It can strike like a viper, thud like an obese elephant, galavant like a plumed penguin or just stretch out in a meditative pose.

It's cathartic too, a great laxative for all ills and makes subjects of the loftiest politicians whoever they may be with its utopian class defying gymnastics.

It's also deliciously and seductively onomatopoeic sinking in softly before slamming to an abrupt halt - "fuck me what a ride that was. Say it loud!"

It describes surely the most pleasurable pastime known to humankind yet has that double edged paradoxical quality that comes with its misuse.

Of course its dictionary definition is no straight jacket as so often it so easily sneeks out to express a billion other meanings none of which, by themselves, can capture its mastery of aptitude and clarity.

Indeed, I detract from it with my encomium and should just leave it there in all its grand finery, saying all that it needs to say and all that needs to be said:

Ladies and gentlemen once again I give you,

FUCK

Do you agree or disagree?

Skater Boy
Nov 16, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hmm, well, I suppose "sex", "coitus", "intercourse", "penetration", "nookie" (and the rest of them) just don't have the same level of versatility as "fuck". maybe you should write a book on it or something.

FalconAngel
Nov 16, 2007, 12:26 PM
I remember the most elequent and versatile use of that word.
It was at Basic training and one of the other trainees had jammed a bore brush down the barrel of his M-16 and it wouldn't budge.
While attempting to force it through the rest of the way, he discovered that it was not going to work, afterwhich he said the following;
"Fuck!! This fucking fucker's fucked."

Just thought I would share that one. It was pretty funny and the trainee responsible never lived it down, til he left the company. But then, it may have followed him.

Anyway. Back to the subject. There are also the words boink, bang, do and pork.

Skater Boy
Nov 16, 2007, 12:33 PM
Anyway. Back to the subject. There are also the words boink, bang, do and pork.

Over here in Blighty we also commonly use the word "shag" as in "I shagged her". But I really don't like that one... its either "fuck" or something much more diplomatic for me...

DiamondDog
Nov 16, 2007, 1:43 PM
cunt?

I don't see it as being offensive or the most "vulgar" or offensive word in the english language and I wish that more people in north america used it the way it's used in the UK and other countries since it's a versatile word.

slocum5
Nov 16, 2007, 1:53 PM
"For unlawful carnal knowledge"

Skater Boy
Nov 16, 2007, 1:56 PM
cunt?

I don't see it as being offensive or the most "vulgar" or offensive word in the english language and I wish that more people in north america used it the way it's used in the UK and other countries since it's a versatile word.

Oooh, Darkeyes LOATHES that one, if I remember rightly! :tong: Personally I don't think its so bad, but I can see why some might consider it... unpleasant. I guess the Americans use the word "pussy" in a similar way (eg. "A piece of pussy" and "Don't be such a pussy!")

shameless agitator
Nov 16, 2007, 2:42 PM
"For unlawful carnal knowledge"Urban legend.
The actual etymology is from the German word fricken, which means both strike & penetrate. This partly accounts for it's versatility in describing both sex & harm.

Sarasvati
Nov 16, 2007, 3:12 PM
[QUOTE=FalconAngel;84727]"Fuck!! This fucking fucker's fucked."

Just thought I would share that one.QUOTE]
So eloquently put Mr Falcon, thank you for sharing that one with the community.

And boink, bang, do and pork are also rather excelent I must say and well worth chewing over.

diB4u
Nov 16, 2007, 3:15 PM
Oooh, Darkeyes LOATHES that one, if I remember rightly! :tong: Personally I don't think its so bad, but I can see why some might consider it... unpleasant. I guess the Americans use the word "pussy" in a similar way (eg. "A piece of pussy" and "Don't be such a pussy!")

If i were to use any word i'd rather use the word pussy than the C word. The C word is pure vulgar.

Fuck can be a dirty word, a sinful work, an explanation, a doing word, a hateful word.

the mage
Nov 16, 2007, 5:25 PM
Its like just another overused word, like like, ya know?

Tingly_Tickles
Nov 16, 2007, 6:12 PM
HAHAHHA your gonna love this then.

Click here for the best video in the world. (http://www.youtube.com/v/ofQFCI52gOA&rel=1)

domill
Nov 16, 2007, 7:24 PM
If i were to use any word i'd rather use the word pussy than the C word. The C word is pure vulgar.

Fuck can be a dirty word, a sinful work, an explanation, a doing word, a hateful word.

There was a program on british TV a couple of months ago where Germaine Greer [famous UK feminist/journalist/litterature scholar] spent an hour explaining her fascination for the word Cunt, its poetry, history, the beauty of the sound, etc.

Eversince, I thought it was my mission to spread the word. So here we go:

Cunt is good.

Cunt is beautiful.

Ask not what Cunt can do for you, but ask yourself what you can do for Cunt.

:bigrin:

12voltman59
Nov 16, 2007, 7:28 PM
cunt?

DD--for many, the word "cunt" does have very negative connotations--sorta like the "N" word used to describe people with dark skin---

Don't call a Native American woman a "Squaw" which for most Native American people translates as "cunt" and both words are highly offensive to them---

The white culture's use of the word "Squaw" to refer to all Native females just goes to show our culture's total disregard and contempt for their society and culture.

I wonder if the Hays Commission had known of the native meaning of the term "squaw" equating to the white term "cunt" that was so widespread in Hollywood western films of the '30s-70's" if they would have allowed the use of the word?? They sure did not allow the term "cunt" or anything of that nature in English to be used.

But then again--they might have, since native people were heathen savages anyhow and not worthy of any sort of respect (so held the common belief).

I don't much care for the word "cunt" and I don't even really much care for the term "pussy"---I once saw an edition of "Real Sex" on HBO in which they featured this performing group of African-Americans regarding sex and they came to use the term "pusany" or something like that--I thought that sounded better than "pussy" which doesn't always have a positive connotation either.

Tingly_Tickles
Nov 16, 2007, 9:26 PM
Yep Punany poets and yes it was on Real Sex on HBO I've watched it a few
times myself.

jem_is_bi
Nov 16, 2007, 10:20 PM
I hate to admit it but I seldom use “fuck” in a phrase as an expression of joy.
I often use it in frustration, in a very negative way, when dealing with opperational quirks of my computer. However, I definitely, make sure that neither the microphone nor speakers are operational.
There is nothing worse than a “pissed off” computer that can talk.

JEM

Sarasvati
Nov 17, 2007, 5:18 AM
Well fuck me, what a good response to my thread from everyone. Isn't it remarkable to see just what can begin with a good

FUCK?

Which reminds me, that of course, there is another great reason for voting the greatest word to be;

FUCK

And that is that none of us would exist without it.

And perhaps the very beginning of time began in the same way. Most call it the Big Bang. Let's call it as it should be;

THE GREAT FUCK

darkeyes
Nov 17, 2007, 5:52 AM
Well fuck me, what a good response to my thread from everyone. Isn't it remarkable to see just what can begin with a good

FUCK?

Which reminds me, that of course, there is another great reason for voting the greatest word to be;

FUCK

And that is that none of us would exist without it.

And perhaps the very beginning of time began in the same way. Most call it the Big Bang. Let's call it as it should be;

THE GREAT FUCK

Nun of us wud exist wivout it??? thats disappeared down tubes aint it S? TEST TUBES!!!!! Aint IVF a wunnerful thing!!!!:bigrin:

anteak
Nov 17, 2007, 8:27 AM
I like most of the words connected to sex. "Fuck" being the ultimate. I also like pussy, umm umm good, "Cunt" does something for me as being the ultimate name for the part of a female most of us are striving to reach. I also like "Cock" the best for the male organ. Prick or dick is OK but to me "Cock" is it. I would rather use the term "ass" instead of "arse". I would rather use the word "Breast's" Instead of "Tits" for a ladies wonderful kissable toys. I use very little profanity in my day to day conversations and prefer to use the above words only as the situation dictates during sexual activities.

Sarasvati
Nov 17, 2007, 10:23 AM
Nun of us wud exist wivout it??? thats disappeared down tubes aint it S? TEST TUBES!!!!! Aint IVF a wunnerful thing!!!!:bigrin:

Hey DE I feel Well Fucked with your sharp point - and surprisingly enjoyable that feels too.

Yet with a little spoon bending you might still accept that my point has not been entirely Fucked in the process.

I think you may have to stiffen your position somewhat more before you have me thoroughly and firmly Fucked.

And besides wouldn't that just be the biggest codemnation of modern Frankenstein medicine -

no, not Fucking with God, but

fucking with fuck

(DE, hope you don't mind my playful sport with you. I know where you stand on such things. Please forgive if you do mind).

redheadhoneycat
Nov 17, 2007, 2:42 PM
FUCK
There it is in its full glory - surely the greatest word in the American (formerly the English) language. Do you agree with me or disagree? What is your alternative if you have one?

But how can you really find a better word than:

FUCK

There's that li'l beauty again. So why do I like it so much?

It's so adaptable, immediately understood wherever you are, in every circumstance, in every culture.

It has poise and elegance. It can strike like a viper, thud like an obese elephant, galavant like a plumed penguin or just stretch out in a meditative pose.

It's cathartic too, a great laxative for all ills and makes subjects of the loftiest politicians whoever they may be with its utopian class defying gymnastics.

It's also deliciously and seductively onomatopoeic sinking in softly before slamming to an abrupt halt - "fuck me what a ride that was. Say it loud!"

It describes surely the most pleasurable pastime known to humankind yet has that double edged paradoxical quality that comes with its misuse.

Of course its dictionary definition is no straight jacket as so often it so easily sneeks out to express a billion other meanings none of which, by themselves, can capture its mastery of aptitude and clarity.

Indeed, I detract from it with my encomium and should just leave it there in all its grand finery, saying all that it needs to say and all that needs to be said:

Ladies and gentlemen once again I give you,

FUCK

Do you agree or disagree?

I shall agree with you babe!! You are awesome!!! XOXOX Carolyn :bigrin:

Dagni
Nov 17, 2007, 3:20 PM
I have to disagree. That f. word is too common in America, mostly in America and it's really annoying. When i had to spend my time there i heard that word on every step, in every situation and i never realized why is like that. Ok, it's kinda similar in other englishspoken countires but ppl overreact in using that word.
For example in my native languages Finnish and Swedish and in other languages that i speak there is no such words. It's all based on more decent level, so it's kinda more common and more plesent.
No offense plz

Sarasvati
Nov 18, 2007, 7:10 AM
Its like just another overused word, like like, ya know?

After all that I've been saying in this thread you're not going to believe this but, inspired by the Mage, I have changed my mind. What a great suggestion from him. My new favourite word is:

My oh my, doesn't she look good.

Am I fickle old tart or what?

*pan*
Nov 18, 2007, 12:24 PM
fuck it :)

izzfan
Nov 18, 2007, 12:37 PM
Don't call a Native American woman a "Squaw" which for most Native American people translates as "cunt" and both words are highly offensive to them---.

I was quite surprised when I first read this and decided to research it more - while the term 'squaw' can be seen as "offensive" due to its connotations of colonialism and possibly even racism, it doesn't have anything to do wit the female organs.... here's an article about the word http://www.straightdope.com/columns/000317.html

As for the word, 'fuck' it certainly is one of the most versatile words in the English language especially now that it has pretty much lost its 'shock value' in most of the western world.

As for the term "cunt"...it is certainly rather crude but I still find it a bit strange that some people will get insanely offended if you even mention this term [even if it isn't used as an insult] within earshot of them even if they use crude language themselves. Unfortunately, the people who get hyper-offended by this crude term include the british film censors [if you say it more than about twice in a film then it gets an '18 certificate']

Izzfan :flag3: