PDA

View Full Version : Chat room update...

texasman6172003
Nov 10, 2007, 3:22 PM
Hi y'all,Well it looks like i won,t be back in chat for awhile if ever.. I haven't had any luck trying to figure out how to get into chat. It is strange,i can get into the Myspace chat rooms butt not here.Must be a different chat app set up. Well i have enjoyed everyone's company over the last 2 years and 7 months. Go figure wanted a new computer for the longest and now i can't get in chat.Although i love it greatly.Want to thank everyone ive met over this time.Iknow y'all put up with a lotta crap on my end,lol.I will miss all the people i regualarly. Really gonna miss HOTGA though,in chat.But at least i gott her number.But i guess like Jazzer im gonna be gone albeit unvolutarily.Call me a wimp but i have a tear welling up now,it's just how i feel.. Take care y'all,message me anytime you want,..Take care..... P.S. Allbi,Thanks for the help you gave me,,,

jazzer
Nov 11, 2007, 1:33 AM
Well Tex I must say what you have written here has made me sad for you. After the euphoria of getting a new computer you now find you can't access the chat room. Well I am no computer expert but I always keep my Java Script updated and have had no problems. Perhaps this site also needs an ActiveX download to negotiate the site too. Hopefully your thread here will bring some more informed assistance than I am capable of giving.
I guess it is hard to go back to the people you purchased your computer from and tell them you cannot access a bisexual chat room. They may not be impressed.
Whatever happens Tex I hope you get things sorted OK. :2cents:

Bluebiyou
Nov 11, 2007, 8:53 AM
I'm assuming you're running Windoze XP and not Wasta... I'm mean Vista. Hasn't Microsoft always made a few extra billion by sending out slightly inferior OS so the consumer ALWAYS ends up having to get an update/later version. 95 had aftermarket fixes for its problems, 98 had second edition, XP had service pack 2... I wonder what Windoze Wasta will call their second edition, Hasta Wasta?
Anyway, just for giggles, Tex, I'd try uploading and running Firefox as your browser... couldn't hurt.
While LINUX was a lot more bother to install back in '97, it crashed about twice a year as opposed to Windoze blue screen of death twice a day. Okay after the OS update for '95 it would only crash every day or two...

darkeyes
Nov 11, 2007, 11:47 AM
Jeez Tex.. ya livs in mos echnologically advanced nation on earth an ya cant even get inta .com chat?? The end is nigh indeed.... send me ya yahoo messenger babes... don wanna lose touch wiv me fave Texas gennelman!:tong:

Tingly_Tickles
Nov 11, 2007, 2:52 PM
Sounds to me like a java update and yea probably need to install firefox because that's what I'm using now and I'm in the chat room currently as I type this all is working just fine.

Just for gits n shiggles yea I know a lot about computers.

texasman6172003
Nov 11, 2007, 3:43 PM
It never occured to me if this might be relatted to having both Firefox and Internet Explorer downloaded and running . We do use both of them,but mainly use Explorer.Does it matter if you use both of them??

RobandHil
Nov 11, 2007, 3:48 PM
I had the same problem when we got the new computer here. Ours runs Vista. We also use IE and Firefox. The whole issue was a Java download problem. Try updating Java( I found this easier using Firefox than with IE...though I did eventually get both to work). And I don't believe it's a problem concerning both browser apps running at the same time. I've done this on numerous occasions lately and everything seems fine.

Hope this helps,

R and H

welickit
Nov 11, 2007, 6:22 PM
We have eight computers on our network and run both IE & Firefox at the same time (although we prefer firefox). Chat here is like a woman having her period. You either put up with it, walk away or lick the problem. Java is normally the issue. Even if you update Java that doesn't mean it installed correctly. If you have an anti virus running you may well get a corrupt install. Norton is a terror when doing an install and those of you cheapo's using AVG probably have totally screwed up systems. If you upgrade JAVA do it in safe mode if it doesn't work the first time.:bipride:

blackout
Nov 11, 2007, 8:20 PM
I can probably help you out, chiliman, PM me for details.