PDA

View Full Version : Bisexual.com's Interview with Angie Bowie

Brian
Nov 9, 2007, 10:33 AM
By Jon Pressick

http://main.bisexual.com/forum/images/misc/miscstuff/author24.jpgAngie Bowie is far more than a famous last name. Yes, she was married to David Bowie. She is widely-considered as a main influence on David’s breakout years in the early 70’s. But she is so much more than just attached to that last name. A highly considered writer, musician, dj and bisexual advocate, Angie is a true renaissance woman.

Born in Cyprus, Angie spent her youth being educated in England, Switzerland and the United States. She was expelled from the Connecticut College for Women for having an affair with another student. She met David in 1969 and they married a year later. They have one son together. She also has a daughter with punk musician Drew Blood.

With the release of her autobiographical bestseller, Backstage Passes: Life on the Wild Side with David Bowie in 1993, and the fact that the delicious film Velvet Goldmine is loosely based on her life with David, you might think Angie Bowie is just another groupie. Far from it. This is a person who has continually challenged her self in many different artistic genres. She’s released an album called Moon Goddess and she recently released a new book, POP.SEX.

She is also a frequent commentator on bisexuality. In 2002 she authored the Pocket Essentials book Bisexuality. Her Lecture on Bisexuality can be found on her website, and it is definitely a provocative read. She also has a website for people to ask her questions. I caught up with her for bisexual.com via email, after missing her recent visit to Toronto for a djing gig.

What do you think are the major issues for bisexuals over the time since you discovered your bisexuality, from the 60s to present?

The major issues for bisexuals since the 1960s are visibility and health—the advent of AIDS and its discovery in the early 1980s and not being seen, not being known, having no voice, this was not a good time or a good thing. Focusing attention on the existence of bisexuality was more subtle and required more time and due diligence to make the case and consistently be sane and rational so that entertainment stereotypes of crazy bisexuals were discarded and there was a fair playing field for all sexuality. There was always an issue with venereal disease. Multiple partners and licentious behavior do not encourage good health, honesty or safe sexual practices.

One cannot allow one’s sexual behavior to upset the general good health of friends and partners by selfishly doing whatever you want with no thought as to the possibility that disease could be the result of not taking precautions.

One of the most disturbing trends in the United States are lobbyists and pressure groups who aim to influence our youth by peddling commercials and jargon vilifying termination of pregnancies and the right to choose whether one becomes pregnant and another group who are advocating preserving virginity until one marries. They have to advertise marriage because most folks apart from the odd future parent who does not have the reserve resources of a career or job training need a fiscal guarantee to care for the children.

There has been a significant growth in sex clubs and singles or couples sex clubs that swap partners etc.

The emphasis on taking sexuality to extremes bothers me and yet there is a huge difference in costuming and dress-up since the 1960s. Hopefully this has caused less sexual repression and more pleasure and satisfaction for the average person.

At least the talking points have been established so that now for some folks there is a way to live without the confines of marriage and relationships that are not satisfactory.

Without marriage we still benefit from monogamy.

Monogamy is a much more satisfactory and ethical way of dealing with relationships. Living one’s life as a Soap Opera is tiresome at best and fatal when bottom-lined!

Sexuality itself is an interesting subject and way to encourage folks to talk endlessly about themselves. We are all so sure that no-one has ever experienced our exact dilemma “sexually!” I am here to tell you that you’re wrong!

If you have experienced it; there are several million who share your experience. Terrifying though it is, just as there are aliens due to the sheer number of planets and stars so someone else has thought of what you are thinking and describing.

There are 20 million hermaphrodites on the planet at any one time. In my new book POP.SEX the collected facts about sexuality are remarkable and astounding; to the point that one’s previous conversations on the subject
melt like warm ice-cream.

Did you ever waver in your bisexuality? Did you question yourself?
Yes, of course I questioned myself. I never wavered in my belief that bisexuality is perfectly acceptable and a choice that one makes. But when you hear all the tired old cliches from drunken people in bars that you are not bisexual you must be either straight or gay and live that way. I wanted to respond, and have on many occasions, that that is even more unfair than the challenges that gay folks and women have endured for years. If I am not totally straight why should I be gay…because you say so?

Why should I abandon the sexuality that suits me because others think it is their place to tell me how to enjoy my sexuality? I would not practice any sexuality apart from that of the committed relationship in which ones finds oneself.

Who did you look up to as a bisexual icon or role-model?
Oscar Wilde. Oscar Wilde epitomizes the bisexual hero. The Ballad of Reading Gaol hastened prison reform in Victorian England. All those public School boys couldn’t bear the thought of one of their own and an Irishman enduring that sort of barbaric imprisonment for something that many of them had dabbled in at school when there weren’t any women around. Wilde’s refusal to give in to his lover, Lord Alfred Douglas’ oafish father cost him his health and career after two years of hard labor he was broken by the legal system. In the British legal system at that time it was against the law to be Gay. “One could not practice sodomy either men or women. The Church was in everyone’s bedroom.” Oscar Wilde protected his wife and children from public scrutiny and humiliation; as a result we almost did not realize what a magnificent, talented, witty and devoted bisexual father, Oscar Wilde was.

Any specific persons of note these days you look up to?
Concerning sexuality? There are a few exemplary folks around but in this time of Republican rabble, their effectiveness is lost in the cacophony of moral and religious indignation about a pat on the butt or a sneak view that shouldn’t have happened of someone’s tit. It’s all bullshit. “Thou protest too much.”

Gay marriage, there’s another non-issue that the religious right drag out when the American politicians have painted themselves into a corner. That and flag burning. Most gay people are not dumb enough to want the chains of marriage. But gay and bisexual folk should have the right to ensure succession, inheritance and health insurance for their family and loved ones. Why should they stand in the corner and feel deprived because we did not stand up and make it widespread this wonderful bill of human rights that should be in every person’s house and car has not been upheld.

How do you incorporate your bisexuality into your work and your art?
I don’t think like that. I am who I am. The word art is bandied around too much by those who want to excuse laziness with being “artistic.“ You become an artist when you have painted, sculpted or whatever your forte in the fine arts and been apprenticed at a great master’s side for 30 years.

I am not judgmental about sexuality except I have no time for pedophiles or those who torture and condemn animals to participate in bestiality.

How have you spoken to your children about your bisexuality and
bisexuality in general?
My children know my music and my books, there is no necessity to discuss it with them.

How did your parents and family react to your bisexuality?
They never reacted at all. My parents had no interest in that type of conversation . They were older; I was an afterthought!

Wisdom comes with age. Wisdom includes the lack of interest in playing selection card games as we did as children and as we reach our late 30s, the selection template of our genetic make-up scrolls through the candidates for sex as we prowl through the “need-to-procreate” years. After that time we define ourselves less sexually and more intellectually as we appreciate the breadth and width of human experience.

As humans, we do not lose our interest in sex, we define our reasons for having sex more closely. Thus before one might be driven to couple due to the desire to procreate which affects humans for 25-30 years. The first 10 years we are way too young and the middle period of our sexual prowess 25-40 affords the next generation. After that we start to value the relaxation, decreased stress and all round good times of sex for exercise and well-being.

Your art has spanned many different genres...can you tell us what you’re working on currently?
I am involved in writing several books with some very good friends. I think I had better wait before making any press releases on those projects. And we are selling POP.SEX.

What types of art you might like to revisit?
I am assembling a new album of music and spoken word called Fancy Footwork. Stage work where I can still light up a stage and chew down the scenery!

What currently message do you have for the members of bisexual.com?
Enjoy life with your career, your talent, your children, your job, your family. Find endeavors that maximize your creativity and satisfaction. We have but one life, all the rest is smoke and shadows. Promises of life after death notwithstanding, surely there must be points for having enjoyed a corporal existence while in the physical plane. That’s my lot!

(c) Copryight 2005 Jon Pressick

Jon Pressick is the Feature Articles Editor for bisexual.com. He recently co-produced, with Xtra!, the world’s first queer literary festival, Writing Outside the Margins. Hi lives and works in Toronto, Canada.

crazy owl
Nov 9, 2007, 12:16 PM
Well - well - well..Hooray for Angie.
I have done many veryu interesting things in my life and one of them was to become involved in a bisexual rap group in Boston from 1973 to 1975 (three winters). It happened in my Living room for 2 years. I listened and listened and listened. At the end of it I knew more about sexuality than ANYONE. Also I began to realize that there are more bisexuals than anything else - homos and heteros. And today, with all the sexual liberation of the last40 years, I believe there are more bi's than homos + heteros + cellibates !!! Especially among the 20 year-olds. Us older ones are mostly in the closet.
Thank the Great Mystery for Angie. She is kicking the closet door down!

Crazy Owl Bi at 80 and public.

richarddennis
Nov 10, 2007, 12:33 AM
It was during those "bowie years" that I almost came out of the closet, but now I'm glad I stayed safely inside!

Society's whims tend to make radical changes, since HIV/AIDS?SIDA has raised it's ugly head, it's not "trendy" to be gay/bi/lez!

I'd hope the day would arrive when the "status quo" wouldn't deem us aliens, but so far..."they" have!

I appreciate the Bowies for their outspokeness, while others are too afraid. Sadly this fear is death...

FriedDuck
Nov 11, 2007, 2:47 AM
It was during those "bowie years" that I almost came out of the closet, but now I'm glad I stayed safely inside!

Society's whims tend to make radical changes, since HIV/AIDS?SIDA has raised it's ugly head, it's not "trendy" to be gay/bi/lez!

I'd hope the day would arrive when the "status quo" wouldn't deem us aliens, but so far..."they" have!

I appreciate the Bowies for their outspokeness, while others are too afraid. Sadly this fear is death...

don't be afraid.

who says life is easier in the closet?

Who care if it not trendy to be gay/bi?

Why isn't Angie Bowies' bisexual hero her ex husband David?

str8 ppl can get AIDS too and many have it, spread it, and do not know they have it since they think it disease for gay men and junky.

richarddennis
Nov 11, 2007, 4:13 PM
While I applaud your "outness", it is not for everyone!

Society tends to treat "outsiders" with a grim determination, whether it be confrontational or behind your back!

I sincerely hope your "outness" never depreciates your quality of life, but I know only too well that even "well meaning" family members and friends, let alone, coworkers or BOSSES/government disregard equality and consider bisexuals as little more than gays and ARE threatened immensely!!

While you may be overjoyed to flaunt your "openness" there are many of us that are downright afraid and with good reason to be!

Living in gay/bi/les friendly areas is one thing, living in the real world is...reality!

I wish you only the best, but hope you never become "dead right"...the lingering reality of our constitutional rights are swell in court...but on the street you might be surprised...

ghytifrdnr
Nov 17, 2007, 2:17 PM
Has anyone here figured out what connection that photo has with the article?

Sex in Words
Nov 17, 2007, 7:37 PM
The photo is of the author of the article...me!

TaylorMade
Nov 17, 2007, 9:51 PM
The photo is of the author of the article...me!

Thank you, Mr. Pressick, for reliving that confusion, because I was like, that doesn't look like Angie Bowie.

*Taylor*

Skater Boy
Nov 18, 2007, 6:06 PM
Thank you, Mr. Pressick, for reliving that confusion, because I was like, that doesn't look like Angie Bowie.

Perhaps Angie Bowie is the young lady who is curiously positioned with her head between Mr. Pressick's legs? Or is that just me lettiing my imagination run wild... :rolleyes:

ghytifrdnr
Nov 19, 2007, 12:23 AM
Oh, thank you! I'm so happy to know that Angie Bowie doesn't have a beard and 'stash.
;)

Sex in Words
Nov 20, 2007, 10:51 PM
Perhaps Angie Bowie is the young lady who is curiously positioned with her head between Mr. Pressick's legs? Or is that just me lettiing my imagination run wild... :rolleyes:

Hehehe, I wondered if anyone would notice that!
No great story there, other than an eager photographer trying to get a good shot....of the band on stage!

SexyBiChik08
Dec 7, 2007, 1:10 AM
Hey yall was wonderinin if there was any hot sexy bi chiks i herre holla back now!

jcorlando
Dec 13, 2007, 9:55 PM
frankly, I don't care about celebrities, thanks.

biupstateny
Dec 28, 2007, 3:41 PM
when is a new article going up for us to read?

stuporman
Dec 30, 2007, 2:34 AM
Nice article. Bring Angie around with a fifth of Johnny Walker Red and see what I come up with -Buster Highman, City Affairs desk, The Patriot, Nashville, TN :male::male::female::stoned:

Caaveman
Jan 11, 2008, 4:03 PM
How long is long enough, to leave one artical up,Shouldn't this one be burried already??

Thinkhardonit
Jan 15, 2008, 10:02 PM
Is there a way to hide this article? I'm kind of tired of seeing it personally...

shybipinay
Jan 17, 2008, 5:18 PM
Yup, we gotta agree. Time to change the article. Been up there way too long. Let's move on.

Naughty_Bi_Johnny
Jan 19, 2008, 11:14 PM
normally i mnot one to be pissed of but the fact that this articale has been up here for ever makes me mad

binectar
Jan 21, 2008, 2:01 PM
You're absolutely correct Johnny! Please...give us something new!

hadra
Jan 29, 2008, 2:33 PM
This interview with Angie Bowie was interesting, but i take exception to her assertion that "Monogamy is a much more satisfactory and ethical way of dealing with relationships. Living one’s life as a Soap Opera is tiresome at best and fatal when bottom-lined!"

Given that this might be an edited version of her remarks, Jon, do you believe she is saying that monogamy is "more satisfactory and ethical" than.... polyamory? Open relationships? More satisfactory for whom? She can speak for herself, frankly. Polyamorous relationships can be just as ethical as monogamy. Or is she comparing monogamy to cheating, with her reference to life as a soap opera?

hadra

2Hoteez4U
Feb 1, 2008, 5:06 AM
how about changing this article? I'm tired of looking at that ugly picture for the last 3 months

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Feb 1, 2008, 9:40 AM
how about changing this article? I'm tired of looking at that ugly picture for the last 3 months

2hoteez4u - I can just imagine the kind of peron you are , you've already proven who the ugly one is. Cheap shots like this are very unbecoming.

csrakate
Feb 1, 2008, 12:25 PM
I truly wish people would realize that this is a FREE site...you are getting a great deal for absolutely NOTHING....cheap shots and insults are hardly necessary. If you are tired of the article and the picture...don't look at it!

Kate

curious married m
Feb 2, 2008, 10:42 AM
I wish CSR would go someplace else.. she tends to think she owns this site and the chat room.. and it's people like here who dominate and think they
should decide who is bisexual and who isn't...

Maybe she would be better off tending to her husband instead of being on
the computer on this site all the time... I wonder if she has a 'government'
job or something..

good day!

Oral, people in glass houses should not cast stones. I have seen both Kate and you on this site since you both joined. And from the positive things that she has contributed to so many here over the years and the negative input you always seem to bring to the chat room, maybe your the one who would be happier not coming here. A dominate person is one who belittles others that do not conform to your ideas and constantly attacks people like Kate. Kate has NEVER forced her ideas on anyone, but she is more like a magnet. People come to her not because she demands or dominates, but because she reaches out to others value her opinions. She says nothing about who is or is not bisexual, quite frankly I detest the bisexual label. We are all sexual people from all parts of the world who come here to hopefully gain a positive experience. Like she said, Drew has given us this wonderful site FREE of charge and I for one am grateful. There are things here I care not to see. But rather than flame those who work so hard to keep this site here, I just ignore assholes who come here and promote hatred. Now that you have opened ANOTHER asshole can of worms, I await you and others like you to attack me now. Aqain Drew, thank you and Jon and all those on your staff for giving us a place to come to express our wants, needs, joy and tears.

CMM (chatter since 2003)

blackout
Feb 2, 2008, 1:11 PM
I wish CSR would go someplace else.. she tends to think she owns this site and the chat room.. and it's people like here who dominate and think they

job or something..

good day!

Talk about cheap shots and insults. Right on the money, aren't you?

BiphobiaFighter
Feb 3, 2008, 9:10 PM
Yet she is the one who was insulting someone...

Where is this insult? I can't see it.

blackout
Feb 4, 2008, 1:21 AM
can you see what I mean about the men 'protecting' a woman when she is trying to rule the site.. see what I mean?

No, I don't see what you mean. All I see is that Kate says that insults and cheapshots are unnecessary, and you go right ahead with insults and cheapshots.

Want proof? Here's proof.

Kate says:

I truly wish people would realize that this is a FREE site...you are getting a great deal for absolutely NOTHING....cheap shots and insults are hardly necessary. If you are tired of the article and the picture...don't look at it!

That's ALL she says.

You say:

I can't really decide if this is an insult or a cheapshot, it kinda qualifies as both.

And then you say:

job or something..

That's quite a cheapshot, and also an insult. Actually, 2 in one. Now, what kind of FUCKED UP understanding do you have if you can't see that for yourself?

This is what happens in chat too.

It does? All I see there is some guy talking about tasting cum with a couple and yada yada, named Oralguy or Orallybi4cpl, who is apparently the same person AND completely fucked in the head.

Just so a guy can get on the GOOD side of her...

Too bad you will never get on the good side of anyone. The only side you're getting on right now is the bottom side of my foot.

Yet she is the one who was insulting someone...

Proof. I dare you. You already have 3 insults to make up for, idiot.

oh well..

Yeah "oh well".

This is American and this is the treatment that bisexual men get. It's a wide spread problem... now if you're a bisexual woman .. well then... that's another story.

It is? I don't get treated "that way" (whatever the hell that may mean). The only one who is treated "that way" is YOU. Now, did you EVER consider to think that YOU might be the problem here?

*edit*

To top it off, Oralguy just came into the chat and says this:

Oralguy: what do you expect from a communist hiding out in belguim

Yeah Oralguy, really, I have no idea why you can't get on somebody's good side. Really.

Azrael
Feb 4, 2008, 1:41 AM
Oral, people in glass houses should not cast stones. I have seen both Kate and you on this site since you both joined. And from the positive things that she has contributed to so many here over the years and the negative input you always seem to bring to the chat room, maybe your the one who would be happier not coming here. A dominate person is one who belittles others that do not conform to your ideas and constantly attacks people like Kate. Kate has NEVER forced her ideas on anyone, but she is more like a magnet. People come to her not because she demands or dominates, but because she reaches out to others value her opinions. She says nothing about who is or is not bisexual, quite frankly I detest the bisexual label. We are all sexual people from all parts of the world who come here to hopefully gain a positive experience. Like she said, Drew has given us this wonderful site FREE of charge and I for one am grateful. There are things here I care not to see. But rather than flame those who work so hard to keep this site here, I just ignore assholes who come here and promote hatred. Now that you have opened ANOTHER asshole can of worms, I await you and others like you to attack me now. Aqain Drew, thank you and Jon and all those on your staff for giving us a place to come to express our wants, needs, joy and tears.

CMM (chatter since 2003)

Agreed. Oralguy can perch and spin for all I care. Kate's a sweetheart and I shant stand for his tomfoolery any longer.

blackout
Feb 4, 2008, 1:54 AM
you set the example I was referring to.. ya want to be on the good side of CSR huh.. ok.. be that way.

No, I do not want to be on Kate's good side, i just have a problem with assholes like you.

you proved the point I was making.. enjoy

Is that right? How so? Please elaborate, instead of quoting a ton of text and not replying to it.

csrakate
Feb 4, 2008, 3:14 PM
can you see all the love here? thank you CSR for your inspiration... well done. oh and those gays who come here looking for sex.. don't you have enough sites to go to?
this is for BISEXUAL people..

bisexual means both....male and female...

heck

Just for the record..for those of you who do not know me....I never knowingly insulted anyone without provocation nor have I ever promoted hate. I have no idea why this man dislikes me so much...and frankly, at this point, I no longer care. I just want to make sure that no one believes his rants since he can't seem to let the subject die.

Hugs,
Kate

blackout
Feb 4, 2008, 3:24 PM
can you see all the love here? thank you CSR for your inspiration... well done. oh and those gays who come here looking for sex.. don't you have enough sites to go to?
this is for BISEXUAL people..

bisexual means both....male and female...

heck

Why are you quoting all that when you're not even answering? OMFG TROLL!

Oralguy on a good day:

http://communitiesonline.homestead.com/files/troll_2.jpg

bigirl_inwv
Feb 4, 2008, 3:39 PM
I'll stand up for Kate as well. She is a sweetheart and I love her dearly. It's not just men who are standing up for her. It's us gals as well. Kate has never pushed anything upon anyone and she definitely doesn't just throw around insults at other people.

As far as anything else you have to say...I have no comment. Morons like you aren't worth the time it would take for me to type out a response.

MarieDelta
Feb 4, 2008, 6:50 PM
Oralguy,

You sem to have a problem with wearing shoes that fit. Might I suggest you seek a different cobbler?

This here site, we've seen'em come and go and one thing I know is that Kate has been a friend to me and tries to be a friend to everyone on this site.

She has never tried to "rule " this site, just to reach out and be there for those of us that need her.

So...

My suggestion is tat you go looking elsewhere. Because this here pond, its been poisoned for you, by you.

Of course there is a high likelyhood that you may not understand what I am saying. So let me try to put it simply.

Go find somewhere else, somebody else to pick on. We like Kate.

Cheers, and swift Journey

Marie

Delilah
Feb 4, 2008, 8:16 PM
OOOOOH Kate :eek: I have told you once before and will tell you again.
The cookie should be on the left hand and the whip on the right hand... geeeze...lol :tongue:
Love you Kate!! :)
~Delilah

onewhocares
Feb 6, 2008, 9:23 AM
Oralguy,

First let me say that I am Belle and I am a woman. I am the straight wife of a bi man. I must take exception to your comments about Kate, a respected, admired and well tempered member of this site. What makes you assume that only men and gays would be interested in coming to the defense of Kate? One’s gender, sexual orientation, color, shoe size, hair color or any other characterization has NO bearing on who is welcome here. Members here are responding to rude comments made by YOU Sir and not the person you insulted.

I find that your comments were unfounded, judgmental and without merit. How dare you make assumptions on who may and may not come onto this site? It is an open site, a free one as has been mentioned, for all who seek many things…and if you think it is just for sex as you have commented then you really are out of the loop, off the mark, missed the target.

For many of us, it is a community in which all are welcome, even buffoons like you. Unfortunately you have brought out what seems to be an alarming influx of narrow minded rude individuals who for no apparent reason, find it necessary to agitate and cause consternation to a group of people who should be supportive to others and not malign each other. I know that I have personally seen your actions in the chatroom and will agree that perhaps you should sign up for a class in decorum for it might be wise to educate yourself so you do not continue to make a spectacle of yourself. For your actions are a clear reflection upon YOU and no one else. Opinions, be they in agreement or want to show a differing viewpoints are welcome. But ones does not have the right to be insulting and hurtful to anyone, that is poor form.

Your comments about Kate attending to her husband show the depths of your ignorance and intelligence, or lack there of. You could not be so lucky to have a fine woman as she attend to you. But then again Kate is a smart, caring, witty woman there is no way you would peak her interest. As far as your comment about government workers….oh that was just another example of your pea brain. Gee….I wonder what is smaller than a pea……..nah, I will give you at least that much.

These comments are my own and I really don’t care what you say about me as I am sure you will.

void()
Feb 6, 2008, 4:00 PM
This is a difficult post to write and perhaps it shouldn't be written. It will probably offend a lot of folks. I offer no apologies because this is how things are seen on my end. You don't need to read further, if you don't want.

Folks here on the site are adults. At least they say they are adults. I'm starting to have doubts if I'm an adult. If I view what other adults are engaging in on a site what supplies a free public service, doubts exist.

Let us all step back a minute and give ourselves a few stipulations.

1. We only know of each other what is posted here.
2. Some of us do enjoy a bit of fantasy.
3. Entropy has no prejudices.

Here's where I whir around all bigger than life with double barreled shotgun and splatter what or whoever just happens by. You might want a duck, or even a goose.

From what I've seen here of Kate, an image is created. She appears to be a nice lady. Notice I'm not saying she is a saint. I've recently began to take strong issue against some of her actions, least some directly concerning myself. I don't imagine anyone enjoys being told how they feel or don't feel. There you are Kate, it's out in the open.

And I'm resolved to something in regards to Kate. She shall not tell me how I feel or don't ever again. She can ask me all she wants. I'll only reply that I'm good. She doesn't have to accept that answer, well actually in a way she does. :-) I'm not airing problems around her, or to her any more. She reminds me too much of my mother, who leans too far to drama.

So to hell with talking to Kate as a compassionate and nice lady friend. I won't do it anymore. That's just my own issue. I'll still talk to Kate respectfully, civilly and happily. But, as far as letting her know how things are going in my life, ... s'all good. And that's all she personally will get from me.

She might ask around a bit. I can't stop her from doing that. And if she's really a nice lady, a good friend, I suppose she will ask about me. I ask about her and cmm, smurf, Dog at times. We've formed a bit of friendship based on what we've come to know of each other here.

That's why I can see both sides of the coin in this argument. If you're inclined to call two year old children bickering over who likes them the most, arguing. Some great bit of profound adult nature on display from all parties here, I tell you, and if I'm honest and I am, I'll include myself. I wasn't going to write this, but some kid inside said "hey, help these guys out and show them 'the way' again."

And the way is simple. It's called self discipline, moderation, respect and ultimately compassion. You see I've been through various different pits folks call Hell. I keep crawling, fighting tooth and nail back out. They've decided to even start supplying me with an automatic ejection seat, they fear I'll take over. And in these journeys of darker tea times with a soul, I've learned it isn't Hell you need to worry about.

Hear that silence? Smell that lifeless odor, not even death smells that way. See those unlit eyes staring back from an endless hollowness? That's a beast called entropy. It happens when folks relinquish control of hope to hate. And I believe somewhere along the line I read Drew saying, maybe not in these exact words, but "We hope you enjoy the site and getting to know others, creating a family of kindred spirits."

Now, all y'all start acting right. There's powerful magik at work here, called Hope. You want to let the entropy beast win, fine. Step outside where the dragon eats you like French fries, see if we care. We do, but damned if we'll stop you from making a personal stand.

Okay, I've filled the fantasy for the day. Ben sits the cane down he was using to represent the shotgun. Run it slow folks.

vittoria
Feb 6, 2008, 7:11 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYUUUUM!!!!!:eek:

V

allbimyself
Feb 6, 2008, 8:15 PM
Just some food for thought, and the person who this is directed at will know (unless he's a complete idiot):

Sometimes, when one asks for advice, one doesn't always hear what one wants. That's your problem, not the person who gave you the advice. Grow up and get over it.

void()
Feb 6, 2008, 10:21 PM
Allbi, have a seven course meal with your food there.

I have grown up and gotten over a lot, thank you for noticing. What I'm driving at is this, and it's as much my problem as it's Kate's. I'll ask for advice or state my problems. Then I hear about how I'm too gloomy, or too sad. I just think "whatever", but it does something else inside.

It creates self doubt and lots of time with unneeded analysis. And this brings anyone down. It makes you think "gee, I'm not living to their expectations so I must be a horrible person." Then you get self pity fests.

This is me saying "fuck that!" I'm not here to meet anyone's expectations, nor is anyone here to meet mine, I'd wager. So if me relating little bumps in the road of my life causes someone to expect me to be something, then I'll not bother talking about the bumps.

I don't need or want pity, most of all from myself. Fuck that, I keep on keeping on. I am happy and all is good. That's now your reply, too allbi. Apologies I need to distance friends, but it's for everyone's best interests.
If I don't and you folks keep on telling how miserable I am, then yeah it might be a misery to clean up later. Again, fuck that ... not an option.

Survivors don't need, or rather are unable to speak with others about problems. If we do then we cause more problems. I know it's said it's good to talk things through, get it out and all that, but it may not be best in all cases. So it's all good here, don't need pity.

Oh and by the way, guess I am a complete idiot. But then again, consider the source, my friend. C'ya.

allbimyself
Feb 6, 2008, 10:30 PM
Ben,

I'm trying to relate what you just said with how you act. It won't work. 80% of the time you act like someone looking for pity. I doubt Kate told you "you are gloomy." I'm sure it was "you act gloomy." And that you do.

shybipinay
Feb 7, 2008, 10:17 AM
And all this because some of us are asking to have the Angie Bowie article changed - it's been up sooooooooo...............long!:(

orallybi4cpl
Feb 7, 2008, 6:57 PM
And all this because some of us are asking to have the Angie Bowie article changed - it's been up sooooooooo...............long!:(

nope it's all this cause Kate won't let us bi guys be bi with the girls

most of us love girl juice and sausage for breakfast!

But mommy kate says hush children.. this is the baby's room.
go to the bedroom..

hey we're here to have fun.. and we don't need no mommy who don't have a job .. and if she has a job.. her boss should know she's cheating by
being in the chat room so often.. . no life.. that's what I think

we want a place we can be naughty without having mommy dear telling us
we can't play with the girls or flirt with them... heck.. that would be
so wrong...

and then all the cute kiddies in chat.. whine and tease and bully the bisexual people who like to enjoy BOTH... it's male AND female
not male OR female...

BI means AND not OR

for you techies out there!

and that means.. sucking cock while you slide into a nice warm pussy
and she kisses you and says ummmm I love how you suck cock....

now that's what most couples and bisexual people LOVE about being bi

we're tired of those that say.. I'm BI (no guys)
or the rooms on chat
that say... WOMEN only or MEN only

those are gay rooms..

the MAIN chat room should be the BISEXUAL FANTASY room

and welcome bisexual expressions...

if you're straight or gay .. then there are so many other NON-BISEXUAL
people and sites...and those that throw a fit cause
bi guys love to watch bi girls.. and many bi girls are lucky to have a guy
who will suck cock with her... they just don't always say it
cause mommy dearest and those tough guys and 'ladies' will defend her
right to say.. IGGY him... i.e. embarass him.. he will go away...

funny thing... bisexual fun in mmf and mff is not going away.. cause it's
so fun.. so erotic.. so sensual and so naughty.. that the girls who love to
play with two men.. continue to get wet and crave a man who is open
enought to NOT do 1 on 1 but instead desire HER to be there and enjoy
not 1.. but more than 1 cock.. yes baby.. let's share the fun.

cause it's fun! it's bisexual..and so natural for a girl and guy to play
together... either with a girl or a guy.....

there are plenty of people who enjoy or would enjoy this and they
crave this kind of expression in chat and love to talk with and meet
people who think so too...

So why shun them.. why make them feel like they are dirty, unnautural,
obscene, or not to be heard... why mute them in chat or tell them
they must leave or that people should ignore them.. you might expect
that on a swinger sight where more than half are 'anti-bi' or think
only women should be bi... the fact is... a whole lot of us
aren't MORE or LESS lesbian or MORE or LESS homosexual

we are bisexual.. and the whole scale of how STRAIGHT or GAY you are.. is insulting to the true BISEXUAL mind.

BISEXUAL is special cause so much of the word is 'SEXUAL'
and it realy means BOTH as in BIcycle = two wheels
BI-sexual.. two sexes..

So the complete bisexual seeks to share themselves with both.. at the same
time... and the opposite sex is so important to the bisexual person because
that's what makes the bisexual person.. BI ...

The misconception that a girl is MORE bi when she says NO MEN
or that GUY is VERY BI if he wants MEN more than woman...is a
misnomer, a complete misrepresentation of the true experience.

It's a gay, lesbian or straight term to justify society's discrmination
of bisexuality amoung couples who love when they can share the exprieence
together.. with either another guy or girl..and it thrills the opposite sex....
makes them so high with excitement and sexual energy... that gay, lesbian
and straight sex can't compare...can't compete... and like politics.. they
want to shun the discussion of and sharing of something they want to control.

I'm not here to make others mad or be disrespectful.. I'm here to stand up
for our ADULTHOOD and the right for us to enjoy sharing the
bisexual fantasies and desires to enjoy the ultimate human sexual experiences. You can hate me.. you can call me names and you can rally
against me and for someone who doesn't agree with the above... it's all
political.. but just look at what this board should be.. a place for
people who love to 'share' the bisexuality of a person.. the erotic, sensual
and yes.. even the naughty mental fun that makes sex fun...

What do I react to in chat? when people reject the open bisexual suggestives that often create what we came here for.. to meet people
who are erotic, sensual. bisexual minded, and don't want to be gay
or straight or exclude the opposite sex.. in fact.. they seek the oppsite
sex to join in and enjoy it with them... that's the magic and dreams of
so many couples and people who seek sexual bliss and seek friendships and
lovers and relationships that include the bisexual side of us all.

There are plenty of women who would love to have a man who understands
that she has a desire and craving for a woman AND a man.. and there are men that need a woman in their lives who can love him more because he
can open up to her and she can trully enjoy something that is so marvelous and gives her the thrill of her private life... along with the stability and love
from a man who only wants her to be his love and wants her to enjoy
something so special about sharing...

Let's enjoy this aspect of sexuality.. let's enjoy the fun of that extra
person between a couple.. that makes it a bisexual realm.

Enjoy yourselves... there are a lot of very nice and sensual couples here
that seek this just like I do...

and we like to talk about it more than football or politics or babies or
the weather.. that's why we come here.

jamieknyc
Feb 7, 2008, 7:15 PM
Orallybi, this room is not your toilet. And you can just back off Kate too.

Everyone in this room wants you out of here. Just get lost. Or else!. We have ways of finding you if we have to.

Fire Lotus
Feb 7, 2008, 9:11 PM

go to the bedroom..

hey we're here to have fun.. and we don't need no mommy who don't have a job .. and if she has a job.. her boss should know she's cheating by

so wrong...

and then all the cute kiddies in chat.. whine and tease and bully the bisexual people who like to enjoy BOTH... it's male AND female
not male OR female...

BI means AND not OR

or the rooms on chat

those are gay rooms..

we are bisexual.. and the whole scale of how STRAIGHT or GAY you are.. is insulting to the true BISEXUAL mind.

BI-sexual.. two sexes..

bisexual fantasies and desires to enjoy the ultimate human sexual experiences. You can hate me.. you can call me names and you can rally

What do I react to in chat? when people reject the open bisexual suggestives that often create what we came here for.. to meet people

that she has a desire and craving for a woman AND a man.. and there are men that need a woman in their lives who can love him more because he
can open up to her and she can trully enjoy something that is so marvelous and gives her the thrill of her private life... along with the stability and love

Knock this off already!
Your rants have absolutely NOTHING to to with this original post. (About an interview with Angie Bowie.) Or have you forgotten? Take it somewhere else,in private, or better yet, grow up and let it go. Most of us on this site has nothing to do with this and so we shouldn't have to be dragged into your drama.

DiamondDog
Feb 8, 2008, 2:54 AM

go to the bedroom..

so wrong...

not male OR female...

BI means AND not OR

or the rooms on chat

those are gay rooms..

BI-sexual.. two sexes..

What does Angie Bowie think about all of this? :eek:

Sex in Words
Feb 8, 2008, 7:09 AM
What does Angie Bowie think about all of this? :eek:

I'd be afraid to ask!

What the hell is going on here!

Let me make this all very simple:

The article: I have submitted a new one, it should be up very soon. I again apologize for the delay.
This article prompted (at least) the second instance of an author photo being insulted. That is not at all acceptable, and I'm not saying that because it was me. I will stick up for ALL of my authors. Judge them by their words, not their photos. I am going zero tolerance here now: you get insulting about author photos, I'll try to have you banned.

Oralguy, you're completely out of line. The site is open to all who relate with a bisexual experience, be that as a bisexual person or a person who loves a bisexual person. The chat is not exclusively for fantasy. If you want someone who wants to talk dirty with you, go for it. But all chat does not need to be dirty. Your attacks on csr have been reprehensible and we'll be chatting privately.

void_dweller: if you have a problem with a member, chat with that member privately, not in response to a thread about an article. Your diatribe was a kick to csr when she was down from someone else's assault.

Let's just all CHILL OUT here. PLEASE!

chulainn2
Feb 8, 2008, 9:56 AM
Kate was my first friend on this site and she is that today. I have been a member for over a year and I have not witnessed Kate being judgemental nor mean-spirited to anyone here. Her long list of close friends on this site clearly supports my opinion of her.
On the other hand, Oralguy and your mini-me Oralbicpl something, I suspect you have few friends here. You are obviously a mean-spirited, frustrated lil man whom should have a job so to spare us your rants and petty postings.

Skater Boy
Feb 8, 2008, 11:09 AM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYUUUUM!!!!! :eek:

:rolleyes: Yes, I think Vittoria summed it up most succinctly. Now, why not just let this thread die...

vittoria
Feb 8, 2008, 11:53 AM
I'd be afraid to ask!

What the hell is going on here!

Let me make this all very simple:

The article: I have submitted a new one, it should be up very soon. I again apologize for the delay.
This article prompted (at least) the second instance of an author photo being insulted. That is not at all acceptable, and I'm not saying that because it was me. I will stick up for ALL of my authors. Judge them by their words, not their photos. I am going zero tolerance here now: you get insulting about author photos, I'll try to have you banned.

Oralguy, you're completely out of line. The site is open to all who relate with a bisexual experience, be that as a bisexual person or a person who loves a bisexual person. The chat is not exclusively for fantasy. If you want someone who wants to talk dirty with you, go for it. But all chat does not need to be dirty. Your attacks on csr have been reprehensible and we'll be chatting privately.

void_dweller: if you have a problem with a member, chat with that member privately, not in response to a thread about an article. Your diatribe was a kick to csr when she was down from someone else's assault.

Let's just all CHILL OUT here. PLEASE!

Thank you :)

VBScript
Feb 9, 2008, 5:08 AM
Allbi, have a seven course meal with your food there.

I have grown up and gotten over a lot, thank you for noticing. What I'm driving at is this, and it's as much my problem as it's Kate's. I'll ask for advice or state my problems. Then I hear about how I'm too gloomy, or too sad. I just think "whatever", but it does something else inside.

It creates self doubt and lots of time with unneeded analysis. And this brings anyone down. It makes you think "gee, I'm not living to their expectations so I must be a horrible person." Then you get self pity fests.

This is me saying "fuck that!" I'm not here to meet anyone's expectations, nor is anyone here to meet mine, I'd wager. So if me relating little bumps in the road of my life causes someone to expect me to be something, then I'll not bother talking about the bumps.

I don't need or want pity, most of all from myself. Fuck that, I keep on keeping on. I am happy and all is good. That's now your reply, too allbi. Apologies I need to distance friends, but it's for everyone's best interests.
If I don't and you folks keep on telling how miserable I am, then yeah it might be a misery to clean up later. Again, fuck that ... not an option.

Survivors don't need, or rather are unable to speak with others about problems. If we do then we cause more problems. I know it's said it's good to talk things through, get it out and all that, but it may not be best in all cases. So it's all good here, don't need pity.

Oh and by the way, guess I am a complete idiot. But then again, consider the source, my friend. C'ya.

Void-Don't take it out on the rest of us because you ask for advice and then when it is advice that you don't wanna hear you pull a bitch fit and get all sad and mopey and mentally masturbate and write huge long posts that nobody but yourself cares about or wants to read.

We as a site have given up trying to help you and it's all up to you to change since we can't make you change.

Also if you're not gonna change don't post threads asking for advice on how to be a better person or how you can try to make yourself more outgoing and friendly when you yourself don't want to make any personal changes.

I read posts of yours before I joined this site and honestly they're a lot better suited for a blog/journal, or for therapy or something like that than they are here.

You'll write asking for advice about a problem or how you can become a better person, and people like CSR do give it to you and you just ignore them and don't follow it and then complain about how things aren't getting any better for yourself.

jcorlando
Feb 9, 2008, 10:11 AM
let's take this stupid and tiring story off line please!!!:2cents:

Sex in Words
Feb 11, 2008, 1:54 PM
let's take this stupid and tiring story off line please!!!:2cents:

I am sorry you found this story stupid and tiring.
But that is not an effective way to ask for change. If you've been following the thread, know that we are working on it. A new article should appear anytime now. If you have criticism, share it. But do it constructively. Do comment in this fashion just makes you look like a fool.

Delilah
Feb 11, 2008, 2:34 PM
I enjoy these articles. I read them over and over again because I find it very interesting.
Keep up with the good work!

hadra
Feb 12, 2008, 4:12 PM
It's too bad this thread got hijacked by irrelevant personal attacks. I'm reposting my original comment in the hope that we can get the discussion back on track, i.e. talking about tradeqt's article! Keep up the good work, J, i look forward to reading your next one.

My original post said:
"This interview with Angie Bowie was interesting, but i take exception to her assertion that "Monogamy is a much more satisfactory and ethical way of dealing with relationships. Living one’s life as a Soap Opera is tiresome at best and fatal when bottom-lined!"

Given that this might be an edited version of her remarks, tradeqt, do you believe she is saying that monogamy is "more satisfactory and ethical" than.... polyamory? Open relationships? More satisfactory for whom? She can speak for herself, frankly. Polyamorous relationships can be just as ethical as monogamy. Or is she comparing monogamy to cheating, with her reference to life as a soap opera?"

hadra

Sex in Words
Feb 15, 2008, 7:19 AM
It's too bad this thread got hijacked by irrelevant personal attacks. I'm reposting my original comment in the hope that we can get the discussion back on track, i.e. talking about tradeqt's article! Keep up the good work, J, i look forward to reading your next one.

My original post said:
"This interview with Angie Bowie was interesting, but i take exception to her assertion that "Monogamy is a much more satisfactory and ethical way of dealing with relationships. Living one’s life as a Soap Opera is tiresome at best and fatal when bottom-lined!"

Given that this might be an edited version of her remarks, tradeqt, do you believe she is saying that monogamy is "more satisfactory and ethical" than.... polyamory? Open relationships? More satisfactory for whom? She can speak for herself, frankly. Polyamorous relationships can be just as ethical as monogamy. Or is she comparing monogamy to cheating, with her reference to life as a soap opera?"

hadra

My guess is she's talking about cheating, but then again, I'm not sure. She might be talking about poly. From what I've read about her relationship with David, which I specifically did not ask much about, as you can read about that anywhere, I think there was a lot of cheating, and she must have been hurt by that.

Jacknsea
Feb 19, 2008, 5:40 PM
Not knowing anything at all about Angie, I had assumed, until I read more carefully, that the pic was of her and that she was a drag king, or pre-op FTM.

jcorlando
Feb 19, 2008, 10:25 PM
when is a new article going up for us to read? amen to that! we need some fresh and new material!!!

Huey_durden
Feb 24, 2008, 6:32 AM
amen to that! we need some fresh and new material!!!
I'll write an article to be reviewed for submission. anybody knows the proper channels?:2cents:

Everybody complains but is offering to fix?:2cents:
Just sayin is all.

12voltman59
Feb 27, 2008, 8:55 AM
In all the time this article had been up-I had not read it in its entirety and I had certanly not read the comments that followed it.

It is very distressing that things got so nasty on here, it is also a sad state of affairs that people had to make negative comments on the picture that was posted.

It does seem that we have had more than our share of negativity on the site in recent months---we have picked up some people lately who seem to want to bring the dark clouds that surround them in their real world lives into the room.

I do know that not all is sweetness and light in people's lives and to discuss such things in a serious, thoughful and positive way is a good thing--but some of the sniping we have had lately serves no purpose.

I would ask people to really think about not responding so negatively--at least when you are personally attacking fellow site members.

joker9669000
Feb 29, 2008, 12:52 PM
No, I do not want to be on Kate's good side, i just have a problem with assholes like you.

Is that right? How so? Please elaborate, instead of quoting a ton of text and not replying to it.

Blackout people say they support you and they do not like that you got banned but they have no balls and saying what they think and if some one does not like it to bad.
You where standing up for a freind and the person should be a man and wait tell the person they are mad at is in the room and go into prvt and talk to them.
Not tell every one in the room how they feel about the person.
There is also guys who say which rooms you can and can not go into but they are morons and they need to get a life.
blackout hope to see you back soon and to all the ones who try to tell people where and when they go to leave them alone and just talk to the freinds you have and who cares what they do or say here.

stuporman
Mar 2, 2008, 7:16 PM
The poll is open.I think Margaret is hotter than a blast furnace!
=-Roger:bipride:

Huey_durden
Mar 3, 2008, 8:09 AM
"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.":2cents:

Skater Boy
Mar 3, 2008, 8:19 AM
"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.":2cents:

LMFAO! :cutelaugh Nice one! Although I'm not quite sure whether the "retards" would see the humor in it...

shiver
Mar 16, 2008, 8:45 AM
The interview is fine, but please, please get rid of that nasty picture

2Hoteez4U
Mar 16, 2008, 9:35 AM

uh-oh, you've don it now, the site nazis will be after you....lol:tongue:

Sex in Words
Mar 16, 2008, 12:01 PM

Sigh, are we back to this again?
Can you please review this thread and others about RESPECT. I don't care if you don't find the authors in the photos attractive, but I will not sit and have you insult them. Particularly in this case because the author happens to be me!
Why do you think it is acceptable to do this sort of thing? Would you think it acceptable if someone came into your workplace and said "ah, all these people are good workers, but that one there is nasty looking."
There is such a general lack of respect around here and in the bisexual community. People don't treat each other as people.
And if you're so bloody bold as to call someone "nasty" then at least have the balls to put a face shot in your profile.
One more disrespectful comment like this and you'll be banned.

Respectfully yours,

Jon Pressick
Feature Articles Editor

Skater Boy
Mar 16, 2008, 12:05 PM
Sigh, are we back to this again?
Can you please review this thread and others about RESPECT. I don't care if you don't find the authors in the photos attractive, but I will not sit and have you insult them. Particularly in this case because the author happens to be me!
Why do you think it is acceptable to do this sort of thing? Would you think it acceptable if someone came into your workplace and said "ah, all these people are good workers, but that one there is nasty looking."
There is such a general lack of respect around here and in the bisexual community. People don't treat each other as people.
And if you're so bloody bold as to call someone "nasty" then at least have the balls to put a face shot in your profile.
One more disrespectful comment like this and you'll be banned.

Respectfully yours,

Jon Pressick
Feature Articles Editor

You're too tolerant and patient, amigo... Were I in your shoes, I would have banned him already. If not for the insult, then at least for not bothering to read the rest of the thread before throwing in his cent.

Sex in Words
Mar 16, 2008, 2:05 PM
You're too tolerant and patient, amigo... Were I in your shoes, I would have banned him already. If not for the insult, then at least for not bothering to read the rest of the thread before throwing in his cent.

You might not think so if you'd heard how much I was cursing when I wrote that!

Huey_durden
Mar 16, 2008, 3:13 PM

I don't think they are saying the person is nasty looking just the the act in the picture is nasty. I think the guy is attractive in the picture but I did feel thrown off by the picture in the story. It took me awhile to realize that it was a picture of the author. In fact I didn't know it was a picture of the author until today.
I thought is was a picture illustrating what happened at a party.

Is that what you were going for Shiver?

Oh and be specific with your questions and statements people. Because as we can see there can be more than one answer to the same query.
:2cents: Just sayin is all...

CHIDIOCK
Mar 17, 2008, 3:00 PM
Your piece on Angie was quite good, but she is impossible to capture in one interview.
Angie is one of the most clever, sharp-witted, and unbelievably adaptable people I have ever met and had a great time when she came to California getting her settled before David started his gig at the Universal Ampitheatre and she began working on her own career with voice and acting and stayed on for a some time while he finished his American tour.
Mostly I helped her through a mutual friend/writer in NY who asked if I would show her the ropes around Hollywood during those times which was a lot of
glam rock and of course David was king and Angie was the unmentioned queen who demurely put herself in the background, because once she opened her eloquent mouth, she tended to dominate the scene with her well spoken and girls school educational b.g. but with a psychedelic omelet of goodies which would pour from her mouth via that incredible creative mind of hers.
Few people realize that most of Bowie's transitions can be directly attributed to her mind and her avant garde processing way before computers. She is one of the truly genuine artistes I knew from that period including Jim Morrison who I turned onto acid (what a monster he was on that first trip) and freckled and fat cheeked while at UCLA, and in those LA days, hanging at the Whiskey and On the Rox, everyone knew everyone. Angie came in like a breath of country air and one of the first things she did was get a platinum blonde hairstyling of a 50's Kim Novak and looked knockout. If you would forward this to her, just tell her that Freddie W. friend of Cliff J. would love to hear from her. Years ago, we tried to connect and lost one another. There are no people today who come near her thinking except perhaps early Madonna.

getsum83
Mar 21, 2008, 1:03 AM
can u PLEASE change the subject before next Thanksgiving

Sex in Words
Mar 21, 2008, 9:03 AM
Depends, will you learn manners by then?

can u PLEASE change the subject before next Thanksgiving

12voltman59
Mar 21, 2008, 10:36 AM
My guess is she's talking about cheating, but then again, I'm not sure. She might be talking about poly. From what I've read about her relationship with David, which I specifically did not ask much about, as you can read about that anywhere, I think there was a lot of cheating, and she must have been hurt by that.

I think that with the type of personality of person who becomes a rock star or any other similar type person---when you think about it--that while they may seem to be supremely self-confident---such people are actually quite in need of constant reassurance that they are "special" and the like.

Throw in that someone like David Bowie makes more money than any human being should ever have access to--and that people---traditionally females--but probalbly also males as well---make themselves readily available to a rock or other star for sex or whatever else---that is just too hard of a temptation for most people to not take advantage of. And it seems, going back to the pesonality type of the person who performs----he or she craves that attention----someone new, hot and sexy comes around saying how much they love you and all---you are not going to pass that up!!!

It always gets me in the biopic films that the spouses of such people get all bent out of shape when their star husband/wife "steps out" on them time and time again---in many of these cases--how did the non-star part of the couple meet the big star?? They were most likely either a groupie type of person or they did meet them at a backstage party and were of course swept off their feet by the star's celebrity and most likely his or her seemingly strong personality.

I think that if you were ever to get involved with anyone like a David Bowie or Mick Jagger or any other celebrity type---you can pretty well figure--they are gonn cheat on ya!!!

It's one of those big DDDDDDDUUHHHH things, ya know???

void()
Mar 21, 2008, 12:25 PM
You bring up some interesting points, volt.

Do you excuse, or justify dishonesty with celebrity, then?

Yes, I understand you're saying that it ought to be obvious the celebrity will cheat and if there's a s/o involved they ought to know the obvious and either accept it or not.

What I'm asking is, do you and perhaps others think status excuses honesty, communication and respect? If so, why?

It's one thing to be open and let your s/o know you're 'stepping out' a bit. It's another to not let them know and doing it anyway. Going behind the s/o's back in my humble view is cheating. If there's openness and honesty it's not cheating, so long as both partners agree.

Just curious about this subject and how others see it. Recently someone presented similar questions to me, but they were rather condemning of my replies. No need of that when I didn't judge them for theirs. Oh well, takes all sorts I guess.

Skater Boy
Mar 21, 2008, 12:34 PM
You bring up some interesting points, volt.

Do you excuse, or justify dishonesty with celebrity, then?

Yes, I understand you're saying that it ought to be obvious the celebrity will cheat and if there's a s/o involved they ought to know the obvious and either accept it or not.

What I'm asking is, do you and perhaps others think status excuses honesty, communication and respect? If so, why?

It's one thing to be open and let your s/o know you're 'stepping out' a bit. It's another to not let them know and doing it anyway. Going behind the s/o's back in my humble view is cheating. If there's openness and honesty it's not cheating, so long as both partners agree.

Just curious about this subject and how others see it. Recently someone presented similar questions to me, but they were rather condemning of my replies. No need of that when I didn't judge them for theirs. Oh well, takes all sorts I guess.

Cheating is cheating, IMO. Period. Celebrity status doesn't excuse dishonesty. But, that said, it does usually provide plenty of temptation. Or so I've heard.

12voltman59
Mar 21, 2008, 4:49 PM
I was not excusing or explaining away that because someone is a celebrity--they have card blanche to go and cheat--and not to say that all do --but it does seem that if you get involved with such a person---certain things do seem to just naturally go with the territory----and for someone who does get involved with a celeb type who steps out --don't be at all surprised that it happened.

Human nature being human nature----it takes a very strong and exceptional person who does not step out--especially when you throw into an already vioatile mix---mind altering substances like booze and drugs--partying to all hours and tons of great looking bodies offering up wild sex at any moment---how realistic is it that people are not going to cheat????

Got to get real folks-and in terms of the times that David Bowie was doing what he did---it was the time of "do whatever feels good to you!--how dare you hold yourself back with old fashioned notions of things like fidelity!!!"

It was the time of free love, drugs, sex and rock and roll baby!!!!

DiamondDog
Mar 22, 2008, 7:11 AM
I think that with the type of personality of person who becomes a rock star or any other similar type person---when you think about it--that while they may seem to be supremely self-confident---such people are actually quite in need of constant reassurance that they are "special" and the like.

Throw in that someone like David Bowie makes more money than any human being should ever have access to--and that people---traditionally females--but probalbly also males as well---make themselves readily available to a rock or other star for sex or whatever else---that is just too hard of a temptation for most people to not take advantage of. And it seems, going back to the pesonality type of the person who performs----he or she craves that attention----someone new, hot and sexy comes around saying how much they love you and all---you are not going to pass that up!!!

It always gets me in the biopic films that the spouses of such people get all bent out of shape when their star husband/wife "steps out" on them time and time again---in many of these cases--how did the non-star part of the couple meet the big star?? They were most likely either a groupie type of person or they did meet them at a backstage party and were of course swept off their feet by the star's celebrity and most likely his or her seemingly strong personality.

I think that if you were ever to get involved with anyone like a David Bowie or Mick Jagger or any other celebrity type---you can pretty well figure--they are gonn cheat on ya!!!

It's one of those big DDDDDDDUUHHHH things, ya know???

I read about how Angie and David met each other because they were having sex with the same guy at the same time.

The bio info that I read it in leaned heavily that they were having a 3 way (it didn't actually say a 3 way but that's what I picked up from it); but it said they were both having sex with the same guy at the same time.

I also read an article about Angie's marriage to David where it was clear that it was an open marriage/open relationship.

I think in many cases celebrities and certain politicians (like Bill Clinton) have open relationships/open marriages but you just don't hear about it since it's part of their private life.

Here's a link to something else I found about Angie Bowie and bisexuality: http://www.bettyjack.com/angie/lecture.html

shiver
Mar 27, 2008, 7:42 AM
please get rid of that horrid picture... I'd rather see a pile of dog feces that that discusting looking person.

allbimyself
Mar 27, 2008, 9:17 AM
please get rid of that horrid picture... I'd rather see a pile of dog feces that that discusting looking person.And I would rather hear from someone who had something to say about the article than from an ill-mannered, repetitive, illiterate like yourself.

Bluebiyou
Mar 27, 2008, 11:37 AM
please get rid of that horrid picture... I'd rather see a pile of dog feces that that discusting looking person.

For goodness sake, shiver... If you're going to criticize...
A. use proper grammar.
Ex. I've seen blind people take better pictures that that picture of your penis on your profile. Focus, man, focus.
B. use proper spelling.
How discusting (vice disgusting) are those out of focus penis photos on shiver's profile.
C. Have the couth never to criticize the individual; and perhaps the wisdom to not just blatantly insult one of the guys who run this site (the guy who actually owns it if I'm not mistaken).
C. 1. It would be an exception if you were insulting against a particular opinion expressed by him. But, to just insult an image without provocation... Perhaps we need to sit in the corner a while and think about our behavior? Best wishes, and in pace requiescat.

12voltman59
Mar 27, 2008, 12:01 PM
Well put allbi and Blue---

I thought we had stopped this petty kind of snipping---I am sick of this shit on this site---

People---can we please stop the personal attacks???!!!!!

I am both pissed and saddened that this site that was once a great place to be has degenerated to this point.

Stop this shit!!!!

csrakate
Mar 27, 2008, 1:44 PM
Well put allbi and Blue---

I thought we had stopped this petty kind of snipping---I am sick of this shit on this site---

People---can we please stop the personal attacks???!!!!!

I am both pissed and saddened that this site that was once a great place to be has degenerated to this point.

Stop this shit!!!!
I have to agree, volty....I am so very saddened that no one seems to consider that their words may be hurtful. Being anonymous and hiding behind a screen name does not give license to feel empowered to make comments that are rude, crude and so very unacceptable.

Please THINK before you hit the enter button...think about how you would feel if someone made similar comments to you!! We may be in cyberspace, but real people and real feelings are attached to these names as well as the pictures and we all need to be respectful of that fact.

Kate

Sex in Words
Mar 27, 2008, 8:29 PM
I give up. Further explanation in the forums.

Delilah
Mar 27, 2008, 11:54 PM
I can't believe I'm reading this crap. Why are people complaining about a photo on the journal? I have notice that those who complains either don't have a photo of themselves or has nothing else to show but penis (which is gross by the way).

If you think you can do better than what Jon has, go at it! Stop bitching and start writing.

I rather see a lot of this cry babies go somewhere else than Jon.

Bluebiyou
Mar 29, 2008, 8:42 AM
I can't believe I'm reading this crap. Why are people complaining about a photo on the journal? ...
Evidently, Delilah, some folks perhaps can't read and can only look at the pictures; thus criticize the picture because they have not the depth to understand the article to debate/discuss intelligently.
...or they could just be an asshole who is so miserable that they actually believe causing harm to others will make the asshole feel better about him/herself.

I would say... they could just be drunk or have used bad judgement... but to come back again and say the same... no... definitely... this is a glacial calving of character.

Neither tradeqt or anyone else is enslaved to contribute to our community. While most of us respect his contribution, and carry that respect to our treatment of tradeqt, some folks truly are the 'lowest common denominator' Hitler wrote of in "Mein Kumpf" and are unable to rise.

shiver
Mar 29, 2008, 11:04 PM
And I would rather hear from someone who had something to say about the article than from an ill-mannered, repetitive, illiterate like yourself.

illiterate huh? yes I guess I must be.
Repetitive? you say repetitive, why do you say repetitive, I am not repetitive, if I was repetitive then I'd be repeating every thing which was repeated by myself who may have already spent time repeating what's been repeated.

ill mannered? well not I am in good health so how could I be ill-mannered..
gee goly wally.. you are little petty aren't you?

shiver
Mar 29, 2008, 11:05 PM
Evidently, Delilah, some folks perhaps can't read and can only look at the pictures; thus criticize the picture because they have not the depth to understand the article to debate/discuss intelligently.
...or they could just be an asshole who is so miserable that they actually believe causing harm to others will make the asshole feel better about him/herself.

I would say... they could just be drunk or have used bad judgement... but to come back again and say the same... no... definitely... this is a glacial calving of character.

Neither tradeqt or anyone else is enslaved to contribute to our community. While most of us respect his contribution, and carry that respect to our treatment of tradeqt, some folks truly are the 'lowest common denominator' Hitler wrote of in "Mein Kumpf" and are unable to rise.

tsk tsk.. watch the spelling.

allbimyself
Mar 29, 2008, 11:15 PM
illiterate huh? yes I guess I must be.
Repetitive? you say repetitive, why do you say repetitive, I am not repetitive, if I was repetitive then I'd be repeating every thing which was repeated by myself who may have already spent time repeating what's been repeated.

ill mannered? well not I am in good health so how could I be ill-mannered..
gee goly wally.. you are little petty aren't you?
When you don't offer anything original to the discussion but only repeat what other morons have said you are being repetitive. As far as the definition of ill-mannered, you can pick up a dictionary. Of course, that may be difficult for you as I'm sure you haven't seen a book since you sat on your daddy's knee while he read to you.

It takes a big man like you to criticize someone's picture via the anonymity (there's another big word you can look up in the dictionary) of the internet. Then follow it up by calling someone else petty. You are pathetic.

shiver
Mar 29, 2008, 11:31 PM
A. use proper grammar.
Ex. I've seen blind people take better pictures that that picture of your penis on your profile. Focus, man, focus.
B. use proper spelling.
How discusting (vice disgusting) are those out of focus penis photos on shiver's profile.
C. Have the couth never to criticize the individual; and perhaps the wisdom to not just blatantly insult one of the guys who run this site (the guy who actually owns it if I'm not mistaken).
C. 1. It would be an exception if you were insulting against a particular opinion expressed by him. But, to just insult an image without provocation... Perhaps we need to sit in the corner a while and think about our behavior? Best wishes, and in pace requiescat.

Oh please allow me to respond. direct to the statements so kindly made about my protest about the picture. Of course if you were able to comprehend the message behing the statement and not get so huffy over a simple opinion, then you may have taken a different approach and understood just how simple my protest is.

A. use proper grammar
I ain't gonna speaks to well. I ain't got no good grammer. sorie

You've seen blind people? is that possible when if you live your life in the dark? Styep one, remove rock, step 2 crawl out from hole whence you came, step 3 see the wonder of the world
Focus: I hardly know you and your partner so I will pass!
B. use proper spelling.
Proper spellingus? spolling spelin smelling? I don..t git it? wotever do yew meen?
How discusting (vice disgusting)
Is discusting a vice? never thought of it as such, is it possible?
are those out of focus penis photos on shiver's profile. Out of focus penis photo's huh? I'd say they are very in focus.. my penis was smiling all day and is v ery photogenic, as a matter of fact, my penis is hoping to run for political orifice one day. and when it wins the federal erection it will have the balls to do what's right, even though it may be hard to control the power, you'd be lucky to have a penis like working on the inside very often. My penis may be the only stiff competition around right now, but with power comes great responsibility.

Insult the guy who owns it? wow, you must have a crystal ball because that';s exactly what I have done but taking a stand against that picture. reading between the lines is a great gift to have, your forsight is incredible.

C. 1. It would be an exception if you were insulting against a particular opinion expressed by him. But, to just insult an image without provocation...

provocation? How about perception, I perceive the picture to be horrid.. you think it is beautiful we disagree.. however I am right according to me and that's really what matters, am I to be worried or concerned because the limitations of one person's perceptions allows them to see only what they want to see and nothing more from an opinion expressed? I doubt I will lose much sleep if your feelings(or any other person's feelings) are hurt or if you choose to ignore or are unwilling to accept that not every person agrees with you, just as not everyone agrees with me.

It really is a matter of choice to voice an opinion regardless.. remember that freedom of speech thing, perhaps you've heard of it.

Perhaps we need to sit in the corner a while and think about our behavior?

Thanks for the offer, but like I said before I hardly know you, but if you want to fill me in on what you'd like us to do when "we" sit in the corner, I may consider sitting there with you. and yes we can discuss "our" behaviour, however, since I have no issue with my behaviour, I would still be willing to sit and discuss your behaviour.

Best fishes...to you too!

shiver
Mar 29, 2008, 11:35 PM
When you don't offer anything original to the discussion but only repeat what other morons have said you are being repetitive. As far as the definition of ill-mannered, you can pick up a dictionary. Of course, that may be difficult for you as I'm sure you haven't seen a book since you sat on your daddy's knee while he read to you.

It takes a big man like you to criticize someone's picture via the anonymity (there's another big word you can look up in the dictionary) of the internet. Then follow it up by calling someone else petty. You are pathetic.

You are awesome.. thanks for that great feedback. I don hef a dictionairee
I kneed to read more you know. I is gonna call my daddy to read me some werds. is that good for you? I bet your mama is so proud that you have become a great werd doctor.
I am proud of you too!

shiver
Mar 29, 2008, 11:37 PM
I can't believe I'm reading this crap. Why are people complaining about a photo on the journal? I have notice that those who complains either don't have a photo of themselves or has nothing else to show but penis (which is gross by the way).

If you think you can do better than what Jon has, go at it! Stop bitching and start writing.

I rather see a lot of this cry babies go somewhere else than Jon.

Gross? A penis is a beautiful thing.. it let's us go pee pee, tinkle tinkle and it salutes the flag first thing in the morning and works hard when a job is ready to start. A penis deserves love not anger and insults.. you are so mean , my penis is dripping tears now..

jcorlando
Apr 11, 2008, 5:01 PM
who the fuck cares? please take this stupid 'article' off! it has been more than 4 months! there has to be an intelligent writer out there somewhere!!!

Sex in Words
Apr 11, 2008, 9:17 PM
who the fuck cares? please take this stupid 'article' off! it has been more than 4 months! there has to be an intelligent writer out there somewhere!!!

Since I do not work for the site anymore, I have no problem saying:

READ SOME OF THE OTHER POSTS YOU DUMB FUCK! There have been attempts to get articles posted, it isn't happening because the owner of the site isn't posting them! Noone can post them but him.

jclogan
Apr 15, 2008, 9:57 PM
I would rather see an ad in this space (and I hate ads) than this unless blather.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
Drew-Honey. Isnt it time for a change on this artical??? Change is Good. It has been up here for as long as I've been a member. Time to find something new and different. :}
Cat

Fire Lotus
Apr 16, 2008, 5:18 PM
To the complainers - It seems Drew is MIA and has been for quite awhile now. Since he is the one in charge of the site and any new articles, I don't see a change any time soon. Bitching and moaning about it won't get any change done either. Just deal with or ignore this small part of the forums on the site. But if you are unable to, if it really bothers you that much, no one is twisting your arm to stay.

scottie
Apr 17, 2008, 8:25 PM
not keen on david so poor angie not got a hope lol

jcorlando
May 2, 2008, 6:03 PM
[QUOTE=tradeqt;100318]Since I do not work for the site anymore, I have no problem saying:

READ SOME OF THE OTHER POSTS YOU DUMB FUCK! There have been attempts to get articles posted, it isn't happening because the owner of the site isn't posting them! Noone can post them but him.[/QUOTE

i am a pretty smart fuck actually, although this is a very stupid article. maybe one day when you develop some creative writing skills, you will write something of note. until then, the article still sucks!

Sex in Words
May 5, 2008, 7:26 AM
What makes the article so "stupid"? I am always looking for intelligent critique of my writing to become a better writer. Saying something "sucks" is hardly a worthy reply when you don't like/agree/appreciate something.

I truly wish I could get this article off the mainpage. Frankly, it isn't my strongest piece ever, I know that. But I have to sit here and come back to the site over and over and see people, such as yourself, commenting on it in a bitchy way. Personally, I don't understand the logic you employ when making comments like that. Had you read any of the other comments, you would have seen that we cannot get this article off the main page because Drew isn't bothering to.

So I'm asking you, and anyone else who comes across this thread, to please just CHILL about the article. I'm sorry you have to look at it still. I'm sorry my words, my name and my photo are still there. I wish I could change it. But until Drew chooses to, I can't. You can't. Insulting me, my photo, or my work aren't going to get you anywhere except further saddening someone who proudly worked for this website for 3 years.

Please, everyone, give me a break here?

[QUOTE=tradeqt;100318]Since I do not work for the site anymore, I have no problem saying:

READ SOME OF THE OTHER POSTS YOU DUMB FUCK! There have been attempts to get articles posted, it isn't happening because the owner of the site isn't posting them! Noone can post them but him.[/QUOTE

i am a pretty smart fuck actually, although this is a very stupid article. maybe one day when you develop some creative writing skills, you will write something of note. until then, the article still sucks!

bearisbare
May 5, 2008, 11:23 AM
I find it interesting that four profiles can be banned within two days but an article cannot be removed, several weeks after it's been pretty much been determined to have outlived its time here.

With the structure of the homepage, I don't see how difficult it would be to move the Local Events up to be right under the green directory, followed by the new/updated personals for one's area, followed by the Latest Forum Topics. The Angie article could go into the News Archive. The whole page would be a little more compact.

Raindrops+Sunshowers
May 7, 2008, 11:28 AM
Jesus. Is this place always so overrun by social retards?

Happened to pick this thread as my first read in the forums. Mistake perhaps?

In any case, I enjoyed the original article and interview. (And I am not one who feels the need to either agree 100% with everything said or otherwise cut the piece to ribbons in a petulant way.)

allbimyself
May 7, 2008, 11:38 AM

In any case, I enjoyed the original article and interview. (And I am not one who feels the need to either agree 100% with everything said or otherwise cut the piece to ribbons in a petulant way.)

"A 'critic' is a man who creates nothing and thereby feels qualified to judge the work of creative men. There is logic in this; he is unbiased -- he hates all creative people equally." -- Robert Heinlein

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
May 8, 2008, 12:57 PM
Hey is it my imagination or has this thread been up a while :wiggle2:

BothBi420
May 9, 2008, 3:12 PM
I am suprised how mean people are on this site. I read the article and did enjoy it,but, the comments though have been very mean hearted and insulting to the members of this site. (and the author of the article) I think everyone who has been doing this should remember what my Grandma used to say "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all."

Bluebiyou
May 10, 2008, 12:20 AM

The "social retards" you refer to are join-and-post-hate-and-run adolescent retards. Actually, we're pretty sure it's mostly one retard... all sorts of issues with that person (signing in under several persona).
But yes, there is discontent about the current article being posted for so long. Yet, most of us are grateful for this site, or are well mannered... and elect not to criticize the site/management. If this site were to close/fold, it would be a serious setback to the bi community. Perhaps another site would (inevitibly) open up with better stuff. The fact that 64K folks have joined this site (since 2005) is testament of the power of this site.
And, on a psychoanalysis basis I wonder how bisexuals compare to other people/sites for depth/magnitude of anger expressed on threads...

vittoria
May 10, 2008, 12:43 AM
..... And, on a psychoanalysis basis I wonder how bisexuals compare to other people/sites for depth/magnitude of anger expressed on threads...

Answer:

Twice as bad! (HA! Joke! :tong: :bigrin: )

12voltman59
May 10, 2008, 2:35 PM
Answer:

Twice as bad! (HA! Joke! :tong: :bigrin: )

I don't know if bisexuals are any worse than any other group in what they post today-----just go to just to any site today---other sexually themed sites, political ones, general news sites---and you will see all sorts of nastiness---it does have to be with the general coarsing of society and I do think that since 9/11 it got somewhat worse.

We have lost most of what used to be called "civility!"

matterinhand
May 11, 2008, 12:17 PM
This has been here six months.
Can somebody write something new?

orallybi4cpl
May 23, 2008, 12:15 AM

Make Michigan and Florida Votes Count!

Impeach Howard Dean!

purpleheaded
May 28, 2008, 2:53 AM
Just place a picture here! Any pic will do!

sexybicplinwv
May 29, 2008, 5:24 PM
Wow I agree!!! Just my :2cents::female:

sensualforyou
May 30, 2008, 5:07 AM
LOL, I have to laugh at the behavior in here, but I guess that means I won't find any mature people to befriend.

IMO, it wasn't just one or two people who were nasty, people could have dropped the issue & gone off somewhere else ages ago.

It sounds like everyone is bored.

Now the question is, where is Drew?

I hope he is ok, I haven't spoken to him in years.

Michelle

12voltman59
May 30, 2008, 8:27 AM
LOL,

Now the question is, where is Drew?

I hope he is ok, I haven't spoken to him in years.

Michelle

I agree--the last thing posted by Drew on here was late last year--I hope he is still around-and wish he would post up something to talk to us if he is still around.

Fire Lotus
May 30, 2008, 4:24 PM
I agree--the last thing posted by Drew on here was late last year--I hope he is still around-and wish he would post up something to talk to us if he is still around.

This is just a guess, It seems to me that the banning of trolls, while they have been done in Drew's name, aren't really done by Drew, himself. That maybe, someone has his permission to do so. I say this because, if it was really Drew, I'd think he'd take care of other aspects of the site as well, such as the articles and the events lists.

I too hope Drew is alright ...or maybe his life has gotten to be so much that he has been unable to tend to this site. Would be nice if somebody could let us know what's going on, if not Drew.

Huey_durden
Jun 6, 2008, 12:59 AM
This is just a guess, It seems to me that the banning of trolls, while they have been done in Drew's name, aren't really done by Drew, himself. That maybe, someone has his permission to do so. I say this because, if it was really Drew, I'd think he'd take care of other aspects of the site as well, such as the articles and the events lists.

I too hope Drew is alright ...or maybe his life has gotten to be so much that he has been unable to tend to this site. Would be nice if somebody could let us know what's going on, if not Drew.
That is perhaps the best statement made in this thread
:2cents:

mindfinding
Jun 11, 2008, 8:32 PM
soooooooo

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

mindfinding
Jun 11, 2008, 8:34 PM
Wow,, 4 pages of ass kicking.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_r_Ohc-Suovs/R7_TxjCU38I/AAAAAAAAAuU/4Kp3QkEy2i4/s1600-h/duty_calls.gif

Karmacoma
Jun 12, 2008, 11:16 PM
If you were worried 'bout where
I been or who I saw or
what club I went to with my homies
baby don't worry you know that you got me

[Black Thought]
Somebody told me that this planet was small
we use to live in the same building on the same floor
and never met before
until I'm overseas on tour
and peep this ethiopian queen from NYC
taking classes abroad
she studying film and photo flash focus record
said she workin on a flick and
could my click do the score
she said she loved my show in paris
at Elysee Montmartre
and that I stepped off the stage
and took a piece of her heart
we knew from the start that
things fall apart, intentions shatter
she like that shit don't matter
when I get home get at her
through letter, phone, whatever
let's link, let's get together
shit you think not, think the Thought went home and forgot
time passed, we back in NYC now she up in my spa
tellin me the things I'm tellin her is makin her hot
startin buildin with her constantly round the clock
now she in my world like hip-hop
and keep tellin me

I been or who I saw or

[Black Thought]
Yo, I'm the type that's always catchin a flight
and sometimes I gotta be out at the height of the night
and that's when she flip and get on some 'ol

Another lonely night
seems like I'm on the side you only loving your mic
I know you gotta get that paper daddy keep that shit tight
but yo I need some sort of love in my life, you dig me
while politicin with my sister from new york city
she said she know this ball player and he think I'm pretty
Psych, I'm playin boo, you know it's just wit you I'm stayin boo
and when cats be poppin game I don't hear what they sayin boo
when you out there in the world, I'm still your girl
with all my classes I don't have the time for life's thrills
so when you sweatin on stage think of me when you rhyme
and don't be listenin to your homies they be leavin you blind

[Black] Yeah, so what you sayin I can trust you?
[Eve] Is you crazy, you my king for real
[Both] But sometimes relationships get ill
[Eve] No doubt

I been or who I saw or

[Black Thought]
Thet snake could be that chick
and that rat could be that cool cat
that's whispering "she tryin to play you for the fool Black"
if something's on your chest then let it be known
see I'm not your every five minutes all on the phone
and on the topic of trust, it's just a matter of fact
that people bite back and fracture what's intact
and they'll forever be I ain't on some "oh I'm a celebrity"
I deal with the real so if it's artificial let it be
I've seen people caught in love like whirlwinds
listening to they squads and listening to girlfriends
that's exactly the point where they whole world ends
lies come in, that's where that drama begins, she like

vittoria
Jun 13, 2008, 9:49 PM
soooooooo

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

it is but to howl

Sex in Words
Jun 18, 2008, 8:02 AM
Why has this article been up for months and why is there a picture of the 'author' of this poorly conducted interview instead of Angie Bowie?

Why do you deem it poorly conducted?

If you bother to look at most of the comments you'd know why the article has been up for months. Makes it hard for me to take your criticism seriously when you don't bother reading any of the other comments.

Sincerely,
jon

still_shy
Jun 18, 2008, 8:39 AM
I thiink it's a very well written article. If you think you can do better.........

BTW---I like the picture. Jon, you are HOT!

Totallady
Jun 19, 2008, 7:10 PM
Who ever that is in the photo is frikin' butt ugly

PlacentaJuan
Jun 19, 2008, 10:39 PM
Totallady-Agreed. What's with all the obese and ugly people on this site? Nobody wants to have sex with someone like that (God help you if you do!), or see it!

I read the interview and it was done OK but you should have asked her better questions instead of ones about sexual politics.

still_shy
Jun 20, 2008, 12:31 AM
This is a bisexual website!!!!!!!! :P

PlacentaJuan
Jun 20, 2008, 1:01 AM
This is a bisexual website!!!!!!!! :P

You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you silly woman?

Not everyone is into sexual politics or beating a dead horse when it comes to talking about their sexual orientation, or someone else's.

Also, many people aren't into having sex with ugly people but if you go to your local Wal-Mart you can tell that many men do settle for NASTY women who get fat after they have kids and let themselves go and still maintain that white trash fashion look complete with a Menthol 100 cigarette, horribly dyed peroxide blond hair, and leopard skin pants that they shouldn't be wearing.

Delilah
Jun 20, 2008, 5:26 AM
Oh hello! Nice to see you around here again and welcome back to Bisexual.com. I'm wondering, have you thought about putting up a photo of yourself? We, in bisexual.com, are open minded group of people who accepts you as who you are. Don't be shy, upload one now and give it a try! ... and have a pleasant day! :)

Totallady-Agreed. What's with all the obese and ugly people on this site? Nobody wants to have sex with someone like that (God help you if you do!), or see it!

I read the interview and it was done OK but you should have asked her better questions instead of ones about sexual politics.

Sex in Words
Jun 21, 2008, 2:09 AM
OH
MY
GOD

Is this still going on?
Drew please get off your fucking ass and delete this fucking photo of me. You were a great employer for a long time, but I hate that you've ignored my pleas to not have insult after insult hurled at me by the morons and assholes on this site. If you ever valued what I did for you, please remove this picture. Keep the words up, you paid for them. But for fuck's sake, take the pic down.

Placetajuan: What would you like articles on? Fashion tips? Hooking up? Not that it matters to me anymore, but I'm sure if you look through the archives you'll find many different articles to your liking.
If not, well then, fuck you and move along and take your negative bullshit elsewhere. Sexual politics are a far more interesting topic on a bi website than anything I think you'll offer.

Totallady: First thing, your name is ironic. Or wait, no, its just crap. I will say, you look like you've got great tits from your photo. I mean that, they look great. And smart of you to display your best feature in your photo, because I'm guessing your intelligence is near the same as your breast size.

Anyone else wanna make comments on my photo? Bring 'em on.

vittoria
Jun 21, 2008, 6:20 AM
:cutelaugh :cutelaugh :cutelaugh :cutelaugh

:impleased

LOL!!!

OH
MY
GOD

Is this still going on?
Drew please get off your fucking ass and delete this fucking photo of me. You were a great employer for a long time, but I hate that you've ignored my pleas to not have insult after insult hurled at me by the morons and assholes on this site. If you ever valued what I did for you, please remove this picture. Keep the words up, you paid for them. But for fuck's sake, take the pic down.

Placetajuan: What would you like articles on? Fashion tips? Hooking up? Not that it matters to me anymore, but I'm sure if you look through the archives you'll find many different articles to your liking.
If not, well then, fuck you and move along and take your negative bullshit elsewhere. Sexual politics are a far more interesting topic on a bi website than anything I think you'll offer.

Totallady: First thing, your name is ironic. Or wait, no, its just crap. I will say, you look like you've got great tits from your photo. I mean that, they look great. And smart of you to display your best feature in your photo, because I'm guessing your intelligence is near the same as your breast size.

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Jun 21, 2008, 7:31 AM
OH
MY
GOD

Is this still going on?

Ok - um , I , um want to comment on your photo -
I think you should nevermind what the dumb fucks say darling, ive always loved the picture :tongue: Just my :2cents:

Delilah
Jun 21, 2008, 8:16 AM
Nooo leave that photo alone! I think the photo is great. Just get rid of these trolls. These trolls will insult anyone in it's path. They need this to make themselves feel good. I would be more than happy to toss them under a speeding train. However, do what Falcon, me and the rest do... ignore them!

OH
MY
GOD

Is this still going on?

csrakate
Jun 21, 2008, 12:17 PM
OH
MY
GOD

Is this still going on?

Jon,
I know you are tired of this crap....but just to make you feel better....the newest batch of negative comments being made are all being made by the same person...just with other ID's....and lately they have begun talking to themselves...so it's been very interesting.

still_shy
Jun 21, 2008, 1:43 PM
WE LOVE YOU JON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rissababynta
Jun 21, 2008, 1:48 PM
it's too the point now that when I come here one day, and there is a different photo, i'm gonna feel out of place. I've grown so used to it by now! lol

still_shy
Jun 21, 2008, 2:22 PM
LOL I know what you mean. It won't be the same without it :)

bearisbare
Jun 22, 2008, 9:10 AM
Drew, what are the standards for banning on this site? Why is that PlacentaJuan is banned but JudeQuinn is not banned? Why is harassment allowed by some people and not by others?

ThatSubliminalKid
Jun 22, 2008, 6:26 PM
Drew, what are the standards for banning on this site? Why is that PlacentaJuan is banned but JudeQuinn is not banned? Why is harassment allowed by some people and not by others?

It's called learning to ignore the person.

I've been on message boards before where I got really nasty private messages, IMs, and emails from people on there and there's no point in reporting them, just ignore them.

Pick and choose your battles wisely.

Not too many people, like message board owners/admins, or other people on message boards even care about trolls/flaming, or if you got a nasty private message, IM, or email from someone else there.

They'll just tell you to suck it up and ignore it and not get your feelings hurt.

The owner of this board by the looks of it doesn't seem to care about the state of this place.

Hell, the main article is really old!

Totallady
Jun 23, 2008, 1:02 PM
Jude,
I'll take the (TV) in your questions photo anytime over that ugly tongued thing on the home page here. I hate that look. Bisexuality does not always equal weird. In fact, some of us are quite lovely.

tigerlily110
Jun 24, 2008, 8:13 AM
Jon, I think you did a great job with the article and I love the pic..it looks like you are having a blast! Which brings me to my point..is that not what the site is all about? Meeting people with something in common from all over, being able to relax have a good time and not have to deal with people judging you? Most of us are very open and accepting of one another but for some reason some of us feel the need to take random, hurtful pot shots at one another. My question is why? What do you hope to accomplish with all the negativity? There is enough hate and negativity in the world today without adding to it in a forum that should be about building each other up instead of tearing someone down because you do not like a picture.
Jon, do not feel bad at all hon. The few who deride you do not realize their words reflect much worse on themselves than it ever did on you. Just remember, you are a published writer who wrote something good enough to get paid for your trouble. That is an accomplishment in itself!
Stay strong!

Hugs,

Teresa:three:

Delilah
Jun 27, 2008, 6:19 AM
I enjoy these articles too. Just ignore these trolls.
Blessed Be!

Jon, I think you did a great job with the article and I love the pic..it looks like you are having a blast! Which brings me to my point..is that not what the site is all about? Meeting people with something in common from all over, being able to relax have a good time and not have to deal with people judging you? Most of us are very open and accepting of one another but for some reason some of us feel the need to take random, hurtful pot shots at one another. My question is why? What do you hope to accomplish with all the negativity? There is enough hate and negativity in the world today without adding to it in a forum that should be about building each other up instead of tearing someone down because you do not like a picture.
Jon, do not feel bad at all hon. The few who deride you do not realize their words reflect much worse on themselves than it ever did on you. Just remember, you are a published writer who wrote something good enough to get paid for your trouble. That is an accomplishment in itself!
Stay strong!

Hugs,

Teresa:three:

tigerlily110
Jun 27, 2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks Delilah...I was thinking of how to respond and a thought came to me from a little book of wisdom called Open Your Mind and Open Your Life. "Many times the best way to fight is not to fight at all." That would be my answer...

Hugs and Kisses,

Teresa