PDA

View Full Version : i have this friend.... (she needs advice)

spamer-man
Apr 18, 2005, 12:24 PM
wel i was talking to my friend shayle the other day and mentioned to her that i was bi, she is an online friend so it is no secret that i am but she didnt know. and she was kool with it sence she actualy does gay protesting and that is why i mentioned the fact that i am bi. then i asked her what her oriantation was since i wasnt exactly sure and she told me that she wasnt exactly sure either. she has always been straight but lately has been thinking that maybe she is bi, and i think i talked her the rest of the way into it. now she tells me that her mom will most likly be ok with it but she beleives that her dad will disown her sence he is totaly against gays and he doesnt evan like it that she asociates with gays. and i told her some thing word for word what my dad siad when they were talking about gay marrige on the news "why should gays have rights, they aint right" so yeah she is kind of in the same situation as i am. when we were exchanging IM's she told me that she had just got off the phone with her boyfriend (who i beleive is straight) and he was very cool with it like i had told her that he would be. so she is still a little questioning and i again am new to being bi as well and she told my she realy apreciated me being there to help her, so any advise you guys have would realy help right now, thanx.

foreverbisexy
Apr 18, 2005, 6:07 PM
My first thought that came to mind is sometimes paren'ts would rather not know... I thought when I read "he doesn't like her hanging with gays" well the reality is, he may "suspect" anyway's but some paren'ts perfer to stay blissfully unaware... My mom knew I was. when I told her she hated it... she couldn't deal with it, so we never talked about it again BUT she knew I still had girlfriends it was the "unspoken" thing between us... does that make sense??? I guess I would tell her have her wear some BI shirt/Gay shirt something let him see that and see how he reacts again he may not say anything... because if he does he will have to act upon his beliefs which means he may disown her to be loyal to what he has beleived his whole life.... and he may just choose to "ignore" it so their relationship stays the same... does that make sense? at least she wouldn't be lying to herself (wearing the clothing or HINTING about it) but she isn't forcing it on her dad either...

those are just my thoughts,hope they make sense.
foreverbisexy~