PDA

View Full Version : Do Heterosexuals have a problem?

fun_man
Nov 9, 2007, 2:39 AM
This quote comes from a forum; Brainmeta ; http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16533&st=120

"Has any one ever thought that Heterosexuals? may have the same problem, as homosexuals?
i.e. both have a problem with intimacy, with a person of a SET BODY type........... either same or opposite sex

To me intimacy is only allowing another person to touch my body in a manner that is pleasing and very intimate, with out any right or wrong judgment..........

ant"

like this post so thought you may find it interesting?

am of the opinion, that many heterosexual people, put down every one else, so as to avoid the facing the realization that they have a problem with intimacy with members of the same sex??

I come from a gay orientation when younger, and now realize that I have a problem with body type? silly notion, I know realize........... :)

While my feeling about many bisexual people, is that they are interested in a person or situation not a body type.......... :rolleyes:

ghytifrdnr
Nov 9, 2007, 2:49 AM
I don't know if this applies directly to your question or not, but I've come to the opinion that there are a lot (maybe even a majority) of people who really don't like sex even though their bodies drive them to have it.

:2cents:

fun_man
Nov 9, 2007, 3:04 AM
interesting thought ghytifrdnr.

Though am under the impression, if a person does not have a problem with some thing?

then they would not bother trying to change any one else's opinion, attitude or action? :rolleyes:

sQuee
Nov 9, 2007, 9:29 AM
This may be a little off from what you're saying...
but, ever hear how we generally hate certain traits we see in others that we see in ourselves? My point is, whatever you like spreading on your muffin (hehehe) by which i mean your orientation of course, it has nothing to do with body type or any of that as to why heteros put down others. Correct me if i'm wrong here, but gay/bi/les community can and is just as bad as the hetero when it comes to that.

Final answer is: we're all people, with all the same faults no matter the orientation, so i guess i do agree.

p.s. if my wording is confusing, i'm on very little sleep :eek:

DiamondDog
Nov 9, 2007, 12:26 PM
People of all genders/orientations have set body types or even fetishize body types or they're only attracted to one type of body.

Also I do get fetishized since I'm thin and I've met men who are only attracted to thin men.

Germanicus
Nov 9, 2007, 12:53 PM
I dont think heterosexual people have any less of an issue than the various component parts of the queer community. In fact, I sometimes think that they have less of an issue since they don't seem to have turned their sexuality into some sort of convoluted pseud ideology

fun_man
Nov 9, 2007, 4:27 PM
I agree with all that has been said,
The point I was referring to, is where people who classify them self as heterosexual, who criticize others on the basis of of orientation, to me have some problem? weather religion, race or orientation, etc., ???

In reference to; "I sometimes think that they have less of an issue since they don't seem to have turned their sexuality into some sort of convoluted pseud ideology"

If society was based on homosexual values only? (i.e. it would only be acceptable in society to be homosexual and children were produced via test tubes and raised by gay couples), then I am sure most people who developed heterosexual orientation would have a similar convoluted pseudo-ideology to that of any other discriminated groups??? this is only how I feel about it

after saying all this, the point I would like to say is, that my criticism is not about any people (as they are all doing their best), I feel that the "conditioning" I got as a child, to fit a limited mold is responsible for much anger and frustration that I feel, and am sure that many other people feel similar.... :)

izzfan
Nov 9, 2007, 6:18 PM
The wierd thing about me and intimacy - is that although I am generally more attracted to women than men [still have some attraction to men though] - I am a LOT more comfortable with being intimate with another man than a woman. Seriously, I get on edge/extremely nervous/paranoid even if there is a slight possibility of female intimacy in a romantic/sexual way in a situation [it's not quite as bad as it was when I was younger though]. This probably explains why my experiences with men are a lot more extensive than with women [ and why some people wrongly think I'm 100% gay].

Ever since I was a lot younger, female intimacy has always put me on edge [ I remeber when I was 15 asking a friend to ask a girl out for me as I was too nervous etc... to even talk to her, as you would probably expect she turned me down.... I don't blame her to be honest, looking back it seemed a bit creepy].

Do straight people have a problem with same-sex intimacy? yes and no, I guess it all depends on context. If it is in a non-sexual context [eg; straight men celebrating after their football team has won generally includes a lot of intimacy/physical contact but in a totally non-sexual context] then most straight ppl are ok with it.

Just my :2cents:

Izzfan :flag3:

FalconAngel
Nov 9, 2007, 7:21 PM
I believe that all sexual orientations have those problems. It isn't limited to Straights or Gays.
We all have our preferences based on what we were raised to be or what we have come to like.

So, like sexual orientation, it is a matter of the individuals preferences rather than orientation.

boopgal
Nov 9, 2007, 8:49 PM
i am in total agreement that bi people are more open to seeing the really attractive qualities in the person. heterosexual people are looking for something particular...

Germanicus
Nov 10, 2007, 3:52 AM
i am in total agreement that bi people are more open to seeing the really attractive qualities in the person. heterosexual people are looking for something particular...

I disagree. Bi people aren't necessarily more open to seeing the really attractive qualities in a person any more than a heterosexual person. Bi people are no better and no worse than heterosexual people. Just because "us Bi's" are more aware of our sexuality and emotionality doesnt make us automatically better; I think at times it often makes us just as bad, if not worse, since many of us consciously or subconsciously adopt the "holier than thou" stance on the journey to self-discovery when in fact we should know better (I'm have sinned as much as anyone else) .

FriedDuck
Nov 11, 2007, 2:50 AM
lots of gay men are body faschists.

str8 ppl can be the same way.

look at how many str8 men want model thin women and women who look like Paris Hilton, thats really gross since she is nasty! :eek: