PDA

View Full Version : Where to go/what to do?

Sex in Words
Nov 2, 2005, 4:00 PM
Hi Everyone,
It was suggested in another thread that we discuss where it is people can go to meet other bi folks—where do you go, where do you hang out?
I'm hoping we can see representation from all kinds of people all over the world (I'm still so pleased at how global this site is).
This can be a good resource for people who are new to the scene, or maybe those who live in smaller centres might know something you don't.
And hey, maybe someday we'll be able to create a big, bi, cruise tour!
Looking forward to seeing where you go...
jon

codybear3
Nov 2, 2005, 6:56 PM
Here in El Paso, Tx. there are two bars that are pretty cool. One is called the O.P. (Old Plantation) and the other is the San Antonio Mining. A newer one that I have heard about is called the Zone. The O.P. and the Mining are still open and I am not too sure about the Zone.... :2cents: :paw: :paw:

bigregory
Nov 2, 2005, 8:57 PM
Living in a small redneck town the only option i have is on-line :compuser: :love87:

wanderingrichard
Nov 2, 2005, 9:39 PM
in the olympia washington area, i'd say the best place would be on the 4th ave. strip and it's surrounding blocks.. young offbeat college crowd mostly. don't be surprised at what you see, but what you don't see or hear. check out charlies tavern, and and a few blocks west and over, the urban onion. they are the most well known. in tacoma, i only know of the urban onions' sister bar, club silverstone. note; these are both gay bars, but with a very accepting and tolerant crowd. there doesnt seem to be much in the way here catering to the bi community. it's like anywhere else, you're either one, or the other. anyone else in that area know of any more?

Ratchick
Nov 3, 2005, 12:58 AM
Here in Philadelphia, PA we have The Gayborhood, www.phillygayborhood.com . KInda around 12th and Pine Sts. The William Way Comunnity Center is at 13th and Spruce Streets (www.waygay.org) .

There is The Bike Stop at about 12th and Quince Streets (www.thebikestop.com), Sisters Night club , 13th and Chancellor sts.(www.sistersnightclub.com), Woody's at 13th and Walnut sts. , (www.woodysbar.com). Goto the Philylgayborhood site and it gives you tons of info. We don't have any bars specifically for Bi's but I doubt there are many of those anywhere.

I hope this was hepful to someone.

RC

12voltman59
Nov 3, 2005, 8:58 PM
In my neck of the woods--I really don't know where to go. There are some all out gay night spots that I know of. They are mostly old converted warehouses with lots of thumping, ear-splitting music, flashing lights and all that. It may be a generational thing--but I have no interest in going into a place like that at all anymore.

I am pleased that I have found this website, a place that people discovering/exploring their bisexual side of themselves can come to meet other people in the same situation.

There are some excellent articles that have been published here--I only wished that more stuff would be posted more regularly.

For now--this is the place I will come to learn more about bisexuality.