PDA

View Full Version : They Have Found A Cure For AIDS/HIV

charmed_goddess87
Oct 25, 2007, 3:22 PM
Thought everyone might want to check this out. Friend sent it to me, I must say I was shocked.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071020103343.htm

FalconAngel
Oct 25, 2007, 3:35 PM
The only problem will be getting the treatment approved here in the States. If US drug companies don't make money from it, then they will fight to prevent it from being available here.
They have already done it with other drugs and treatments that could have saved countless lives here. Since they weren't making money from it, they forced the FDA to keep them out.

But for the people suffering from HIV, this could be a light at the end of the tunnel. It could even lead to a vaccination for prevention. Now wouldn't THAT be great?

parkwings
Oct 25, 2007, 4:07 PM
Sounds promising, cautious optomism is probably best. These drugs usually have to be tested in multiple trials don't they?

12voltman59
Oct 25, 2007, 4:17 PM
There will have to be a whole series of tests-and if they don't find anything negative that is glaring at first and the treatment shows promise-they will most likely give some sort of limited approval for use--it would be great--now we need to find some sort of innoculation for the climate to keep the atmosphere from boiling off and all life on the planet is history.

Jennz
Oct 25, 2007, 4:27 PM
they have a cure for many of the deady illnesses but no one will patten it cuz the cure is a mix of other drugs so theres no profit, and ppl say money doesnt matter when it comes to saving lives, i read this on shoutwire if i can find the link ill post it

DiamondDog
Oct 26, 2007, 2:37 AM
Thought everyone might want to check this out. Friend sent it to me, I must say I was shocked.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071020103343.htm

That's old news.

With the newer cocktail of drugs they can do things with the drugs that they did not think possible 10 or even 20 years ago.

If you get on the right medications and if the meds work for you (as the meds don't work for everyone) and continue to keep working (as all types of medication can just suddenly stop working) you can up your T-cell count and in some cases you can decrease your viral load to low numbers.

It's not a cure since this does not work or keep working for everyone, the person is still HIV+ and has to stay on medications for the rest of their life.

I do not believe conspiracy theories about drug companies and how they've found "cures" but just don't release them or that the gov't created HIV/AIDS and holds the cure for it.

the mage
Oct 26, 2007, 8:00 AM
YOU HAVE IT TOTALLY TOTALLY WRONG

Read the article properly please.

There is no cure. the article does not claim that.

They are simply relating the effect of currently used drugs. there is no new miracle cure.

It has been known for ages that the current drugs work well this article simply reiterates that they can restore immune function not rid you of the virus.
The drugs them selves still kill many people.
Failure to properly take the drugs is just as lethal.

Please play safe and don't assume a cure is out there. It is not.