PDA

View Full Version : How about food you hate?

The Barefoot Contess
Oct 24, 2007, 7:32 PM
Peanut butter
Mint chocolate (either thing separately, fine)
Cinnamon
Ginger
Lentils

It is funny, because I moved to the US, I thought I liked "everything". I guess you need to be aware of what is out there to say that.

My friends laugh and say that not liking what I don't like, I am so in the wrong country :tong:. And they are right. The first thing I noticed when I first landed in the US some five years ago was the smell at the airport (Philadelphia). At first, I couldn't quite define it, but then I saw the Cinnabon place and I wanted to shoot myself. In time, I ended up developing an allergy to cinnamon.
People say that countries have smells, and I think it is true. An American friend of mine says that Spain (where I am from) smells like garlic... to me the US smells like cinnamon. Of course, you never notice the smell of your home country.

MarieDelta
Oct 24, 2007, 7:44 PM
Plain white rice

my mothers Spanish rice

green bell peppers (red or yellow I can tolerate, green I can't stand)

Raw Carrots I'm not big on, but I will eat them

cole slaw

meat loaf

Skater Boy
Oct 24, 2007, 7:56 PM
Hrmm... "Sauerkraut" and "Rollmops"... both German delicacies... the former is pickled, shredded cabbage, whilst the latter are pickled herrings, stuffed with the former.

Other than that, I'm not really a fussy eater. Although I'm not overly fond of Béchamel sauce or macaroni cheese...

Oh, and a certain condiment named "Picallily" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piccalili) is simply repulsive.

Mr chadw
Oct 24, 2007, 8:00 PM
with me it is mushroum, peas, ans soft chease

darkeyes
Oct 24, 2007, 8:07 PM
Kippers

Anchovies

Sardines

Kidney

Tongue (well ox tongue 2 b precise..:tong: Cow tongue is luffly an 1 cow's in particular.. oops..think me mite b ded soon..tee hee))

Brains

Tripe (tho me mum sez me talks it often enuff)

Liver

Xtra Mature Red Cheddar

Danish Blue

Pomegranite

Willie(now thers a surprise):bigrin:

Azrael
Oct 24, 2007, 8:15 PM
Hate is such a strong word.
There many foods I like only in a certain context.
Love mushrooms, but not on a pizza (unless they're blue meanies :tong:)
Tilapia I find repulsive. You'll find out why I call it a 'shit fish' if you do the slightest amount ov research on the matter.
Don't care for frog legs, not very keen on shellfish.
Fuck headcheese and all it's regional variants. Feta can get fucked for all I care.
I love all the weird shit I get when I have sushi, but I don't care for the octopus (but I love baby octopus, go figure).
Tripe I find disgusting purely in concept.
I can't stand hearts of palm.
American cheese is boring as all hell.
There's more, for sure.

country60
Oct 24, 2007, 8:48 PM
I have never been a fussy eater and I grew up in a house where you ate what was put in front of you or you went hungry! All that being said I could never choke down LIVER (yuuuk) and mushrooms by them selves or osters (they both always struck me as eating boogers). Mushrooms on pizza is ok. And that is all I have to say about that.

:cowboy:

ghytifrdnr
Oct 24, 2007, 9:48 PM
Just plain can't stand eggplant.

Fire Lotus
Oct 24, 2007, 9:49 PM
There isn't a whole lot I don't like. That being said......

Lima beans
Brussel sprouts
Greens (collar, mustard, etc.)
Bock choy
Dried fruit
Nuts
pomegranates

bigregory
Oct 24, 2007, 9:56 PM
Yellow mustard Yukk (prepared) like French's
I do like other mustards just not that yellow poo..

onewhocares
Oct 24, 2007, 10:00 PM
WHAT A GREAT THREAD !!

Like Country I was brought up in a house with five children and you ate what was there. I hate beef liver...used to try and hide it under the mashed potatoes. Tripe, Sweetbreads and the like are vomit causing. Soft Shelled Crab for me is revolting, them beady little black ball eyes looking up at you. I too do not care for cinnamon. Roasted Garlic and I do not get a long, reaks in my body for days. Do not like Scotch Whiskey or Gin for that matter. No artificial sweetners. Marie, I hate cooked green peppers too. No canned veggies except cranberry sauce. This is it for now. When I think of more I shall write again.

Belle

citystyleguy
Oct 25, 2007, 12:46 AM
boiled cabbage, lime beans, english peas, tripe, chitlins, sweatbreads, most forms of eggplant, sea slug, thai ice tea, boba, sweet tea, flavored anything, i.e. creams, coffees, etc.; fast food, american cheese, velveeta, soy milk...

12voltman59
Oct 25, 2007, 1:17 AM
Some of the things other people hate-- I love---

It is actually easier for me to say what foods I dont like as opposed to love---

I don't care much for liver, beef or chicken, at all

While I love Olive Oil---for the most part--I cannot eat olives--I like them on pizza or in a few things--but I generally cannot just eat them.

sexybicplinwv
Oct 25, 2007, 8:59 AM
PEANUT BUTTER:eek:.... HOT PEPPER'S:yikes2:.... THOSE 2 FOOD'S ARE NOT FOR ME:female:....

Lorcan
Oct 25, 2007, 10:41 AM
Fermented soybeans. (called "nato") That is the one thing i can't eat.

'Course i've never tried roasted caterpiller. There could be more things i can't eat. :rolleyes:

chook
Oct 25, 2007, 8:27 PM
I refuse to eat tripe, brains, tongue of any sort and the balls of any animal and I don't care how they are cooked!!! I absolutely hate nutmeg just the thought of it makes my blood run cold and coriander is another one :(:(

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

vittoria
Oct 25, 2007, 8:43 PM
asparagus
chicken
turkey
brussel sprouts
organ meats (of any creature dont care what a 'delicacy' it may be:chitterlings, liver, brains, testes, animal a**hole, ears, toes, tripe, tails, snouts, and the beat goes on....)
squash
watermelon... ANY melon for that matter
greens (turnip collard mustard et al.)
MILK ( its not exactly a food for humans... you dont see people giving cows, goats and other 'milkborne' creatures HUMAN milk... do you?)
eggs
grape nuts ( i never knew grapes HAD nuts...)
Captain Crunch and his friends (shaved the roof of the mouth pretty fierce i must say)
plain yogurt
cheese (except sharp cheddar,colby(jack), swiss, neufchatel, and marscapone (sp))
eggplant
raspberries
any fruit with HUMONGOUS SEEDS (cherries, peaches, grapes, etc)
when i think of anything else i'll "holla"

gfofbiguy
Oct 25, 2007, 8:48 PM
Steak and kidney pie (had that by accident at the English bar...had ordered steak and mushroom pie...Decided pretty fast that I do NOT like kidney!:eek:)

wanderingrichard
Oct 25, 2007, 11:24 PM
Cabbage, in any form.. nasty smell and all that related after effect gas... yuk, no thanx, that, snails, and shellfish in general.. i mean, come on, ...bottom feeders eat what, again?? [ just to jog your mind]

some of the other things listed here , i agree aren't at all appealing, like the entrails in different forms, some of the veggies like okra [ slimy snotty all around yuk]

grew up in a large household too.. mom and dad used to love shoo fly pie.. to this day, i don't know what it is, but i don't like it.. and yeah, dad having a penna. dutch heritage of sorts, things like scrapple, [ the true forerunner of SPAM the canned meat] aka punhaus, blood pudding, and a few other things that they loved, well, those are not in any of my menu's, either

MarieDelta
Oct 25, 2007, 11:42 PM
Plain white rice

my mothers Spanish rice

green bell peppers (red or yellow I can tolerate, green I can't stand)

Raw Carrots I'm not big on, but I will eat them

cole slaw

meat loaf

Oh and beets, except when pickled

Soymilk or anyother type of artificial Milk product/

Coconut

gfofbiguy
Oct 26, 2007, 10:25 AM
Headcheese (of any type), blood and tongue, liverwurst, Brussels sprouts (taste like little dirt balls), menudo (both the soup and boy band LOL)...will have to come back when I think of more...

izzfan
Oct 26, 2007, 11:16 AM
Food I hate:

- Beetroot [vile stuff!!!!!]
- Tuna [even the smell of it makes me recoil in disgust]
- Baked Beans [its more the sauce they come in that I don't like]
- Brussel Sprouts [does anyone actually like these things?]
- scrambled egg or hard boiled egg or any cold egg dish (especially 'egg mayonaise') [not a big fan of egg but I don't mind fried egg - cold egg dishes are the worst type of egg-based food though]
- cabbage [ I don't hate it but I don't really like it either]

As for drinks:
- any form of "aftershock"
- "Apple sourz"
- bailey's/cream liquer [I will sort of tolerate this though]
- most forms of [alcoholic] apple cider ESPECIALLY 'white lightning' (Kopparburg pear cider is really nice though)
- Rum [my least favourite spirit]

There are probably a few more foods/drinks that I hate but these are the only ones I can think of at the moment

Izzfan :flag2:

dickhand
Oct 26, 2007, 11:46 AM
Of course when I was little (that was a very long time ago) I hated evrything kids hate . Now in adulthood I still can't stand cloves , parsnips and olives . Since there is so little that I won't eat , perhaps that might explain my expanded girth ?

ihavapa
Oct 26, 2007, 11:21 PM
There is not much I do not like to eat, but cocoanut makes me think of having dog hair in my mouth I think it is a texture thing, but I do like cocoanut milk,beets no thianks unless they are pickled,not too keen on ginger unless it is in other foods, bleu cheese and it's ilk no way, actually I am not a big cheese eater, otherwise I am open to most foods, guess I'd have to try it first before I say no.

TinTin
Oct 27, 2007, 3:01 AM
I eat most things - cannot abide Baked Beans, god knows why, they just turn my stomach.

bhg08054
Oct 27, 2007, 8:51 AM
Organ meats
Anything that is "slimy" :eek:
Everything "they" say is "Good for You" :rolleyes: :cool: (jk)

JumpinJackFlash
Oct 27, 2007, 8:51 AM
cooked spinach, any bivalve(anything that lives in mud and filters water has to be nasty)brussels sprouts, eggplant, bivalves, liver, head cheese, sushi, squid, and have I mentioned bivalves yet?

Michael623
Oct 27, 2007, 9:03 AM
Pickles. Gawd, is there anything worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkeyes
Oct 27, 2007, 10:11 AM
Pickles. Gawd, is there anything worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O stop bellyachin Jags ya ole duffer... urs aint in a pickle jar on the mantlepieceyet yet! But mayb soon.... tee hee.. so u b nice 2 Soppy..or else!!!:tong:

Michael623
Oct 27, 2007, 10:16 AM
O stop bellyachin Jags ya ole duffer... urs aint in a pickle jar on the mantlepieceyet yet! But mayb soon.... tee hee.. so u b nice 2 Soppy..or else!!!:tong:

Awwww...you love me!!!!!!!!!! I think?

darkeyes
Oct 27, 2007, 10:20 AM
Awwww...you love me!!!!!!!!!! I think?

Yea me dus..but not so much that me wudn luffya 2 b labelled no 79 on the mantlepiece!!!:tong: Wud allus hav jus a lil bitta ya 2 rememba ya bi..tee hee:bigrin:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 27, 2007, 8:23 PM
Liver of any kind is the vilest thing on the planet..lol Cavier is second, tho. And being a traitor to my Southern nationality, Chitlins and Black eyed peas come in third and fourth...Bleeeck! lol
Cat

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 27, 2007, 8:35 PM
"things like scrapple, [ the true forerunner of SPAM the canned meat] aka punhaus, blood pudding,"

Forgot about SPAM, yep, thats nasty too. And hey! Okra is great if its fixed right. So there. :P (Shoulda seen him wolf down my Butterbeans and Ham Hocks tho).....LOL
Cat

gfofbiguy
Oct 27, 2007, 9:30 PM
Liver of any kind is the vilest thing on the planet..lol Cavier is second, tho. And being a traitor to my Southern nationality, Chitlins and Black eyed peas come in third and fourth...Bleeeck! lol
Cat

Oh, um, well, contrary to my Northern upbringing (well, guess I'm just half-Northern...and half Southern...My dad's from Milwaukee, my mom was born in Texas)...I HATE herring:eek: and will GLADLY eat black eyed peas - even for New Year's Day! (Herring and/or black eyed peas are supposed to be "lucky" if you eat them on New Year's Day, depending on what part of the country you're from).

darkeyes
Oct 28, 2007, 7:12 AM
Oh, um, well, contrary to my Northern upbringing (well, guess I'm just half-Northern...and half Southern...My dad's from Milwaukee, my mom was born in Texas)...I HATE herring:eek: and will GLADLY eat black eyed peas - even for New Year's Day! (Herring and/or black eyed peas are supposed to be "lucky" if you eat them on New Year's Day, depending on what part of the country you're from).

Jeez..me boaks enuff on Ne'erday to thinka scoffin bloody Herring an blackeyed peas..

blackout
Oct 29, 2007, 12:44 AM
Ahhh herring, with a slice of pickle and onions. Lovely stuff!

Food I hate? Uhm..... Asparagus. I cant stand the damn things.

*edit* Oh yeah Cherokee! Liver. Ugh! Horrible! When I was little my mother used to cook it and it would stink the whole house up. Awful.

DeleteAccount1234
Oct 29, 2007, 1:51 AM
Peanuts/Peanut butter and Peanut oil = It'll be suicide. Im allergic to them :(

Raw Veggies = I'll eat them but I prefer them steamed or cooked :)

Sausages = Don't ask. lol

Spicy stuff.

ziggybabie
Oct 29, 2007, 3:43 AM
If you asked which foods I liked I could go on forever. i actually had to stop and think about this, though.

Funny as it sounds, even though I love Mexican food, I hate guacamole. I mean, seriously.....what is that foul smelling slop? lol.

elian
Oct 29, 2007, 6:27 PM
Yes, I literally CANNOT eat liver - as my mother found out when she said "Well - you'll just sit there until you eat it." It comes right back up. Come to think of it, I'm not really fond of any organ meat in particular.

Well, save one - but I just pick at it - "Tubesteak, the OTHER white meat"

(hehehehe)

Nikilala
Oct 29, 2007, 6:46 PM
Brussel Sprouts!
Spinach

frenchvikki
Oct 29, 2007, 8:33 PM
Brussel Sprouts!
Spinach

Definately. And cabbage, unless pickled.

slocum5
Oct 29, 2007, 8:43 PM
Barefoot Contessa

It's "A Portrait of Dorian Gray." :)

Fresia
Apr 12, 2015, 7:00 PM
Lamb, Brussels sprouts, clam soup, coffee, fish.

tenni
Apr 12, 2015, 10:41 PM
I could not think of a food and then my memory found "liver"....lol I recall sitting at the table for quite awhile because I would not eat liver. I also recall that it was never served again as a must eat food. My father liked it but I don't think that most in the family were keen on it.

Brussel sprouts was a food that I didn't like as a kid but like now...once in awhile.