PDA

View Full Version : Which Dykes character to watch out for are you?

MarieDelta
Oct 17, 2007, 5:10 PM
Which Dyke to Watch Out For Are You?
You scored as a Lois
You are Lois, the ladykiller who's mellowed into an awesome, loyal girlfriend. Give yourself permission to read the newest Harry Potter at Camp Trans.
Lois 90%
Sparrow 70%
Stuart 65%
Mo 65%
Sydney 60%
Toni 55%
Clarice 50%

For those of you unfamilar with DTWOF ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dykes_to_Watch_Out_For )

Check it out here: http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=71789

arana
Oct 17, 2007, 9:00 PM
You scored as a Sparrow
You are Sparrow! You've been distracted from your usual spiritual pursuits by work and family. Get your hubby to babysit one night a week while you study Buddhist meditation at the local sangha.
Sparrow
80%
Sydney
50%
Lois
50%
Mo
50%
Clarice
40%
Toni
40%
Stuart
30%

TaylorMade
Oct 17, 2007, 9:14 PM
You scored as a Sydney
You are Sydney! You know that most people are too foolish to make the world a better place, so you're not looking for a better tomorrow -- you're looking for some new clothes and a little respect in the academic world. You can be self-important, so be sure to hug your girlfriend and thank her for putting up with you.

Toni
60%
Sydney
60%
Lois
45%
Stuart
30%
Sparrow
25%
Clarice
10%
Mo
5%

*Taylor*

mariersa
Oct 18, 2007, 12:13 AM
You are Toni: highly-femanine, Puerto Rican Lesbian of your gang. (WHAT!) You've been letting your attraction stray from a long time partner. (WHAT!!) It's time to take her to bed and find a new use for that goose-necked lamp. (WTF!!!)

Toni.......65%
Clarice....65%
Stuart....65%
Sydney...50%
Sparrow..45%
Mo.........35%
Lois........30%

What does this mean? I think I should have been Clarice(Luck of the draw i guess)

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Oct 18, 2007, 2:57 AM
You are Mo, a guilt-ridden, kindhearted liberal who doesn't relax enough. You are ordered to buy a pint of non-organic, dairy ice cream and watch Comedy Central for a week. PBS will still be there when you get back.
Mo
65%
Sparrow
60%
Clarice
60%
Toni
50%
Sydney
50%
Lois
35%
Stuart
30%

I will have to check into this one further :rolleyes:

DiamondDog
Oct 18, 2007, 3:54 AM
LMAO some of these statements had me laughing a lot!

With all the dyke stereotypes (mentioning NPR and other things), some of the PCness of them (like the idea that kids actually somehow need genderqueer role models or would even understand them), Martha being considered "hot" ewwww, feminine men, and utili kilts.

The statement about dun dun dun OH NO the patriarchy had me laughing A LOT!

*sob!* Everything wrong in the world/universe/modern day society, is the fault of white hetero men and George Bush! Oh no! Lesbians can't enjoy stable relationships or have sex with each other because of men! /sarcasm

We are living in a diseased patriarchy.

Martha Stewart is hot. Hot hot hot.

Kids need genderqueer role models.

The same person can be both bi and a lesbian.

I was a quirkyalone for a long time. Now I'm a quirkytogether.

I listen to NPR, Air America Radio, and my local city station for news.

Driving a car and being against the war in Iraq are contradictory actions.

The utili-kilt is a great piece of clothing.

Feminine men are cute.

I agree with this one: The spelling of "womyn" is hilarious. And unsophisticated.

MarieDelta
Oct 18, 2007, 7:56 AM
LMAO some of these statements had me laughing a lot!

With all the dyke stereotypes (mentioning NPR and other things), some of the PCness of them (like the idea that kids actually somehow need genderqueer role models or would even understand them), Martha being considered "hot" ewwww, feminine men, and utili kilts.

The statement about dun dun dun OH NO the patriarchy had me laughing A LOT!

*sob!* Everything wrong in the world/universe/modern day society, is the fault of white hetero men and George Bush! Oh no! Lesbians can't enjoy stable relationships or have sex with each other because of men! /sarcasm

We are living in a diseased patriarchy.

Martha Stewart is hot. Hot hot hot.

Kids need genderqueer role models.

The same person can be both bi and a lesbian.

I was a quirkyalone for a long time. Now I'm a quirkytogether.

I listen to NPR, Air America Radio, and my local city station for news.

Driving a car and being against the war in Iraq are contradictory actions.

The utili-kilt is a great piece of clothing.

Feminine men are cute.

I agree with this one: The spelling of "womyn" is hilarious. And unsophisticated.

Do you read Dykes to watch out for Diamond Dog?

DiamondDog
Oct 18, 2007, 1:38 PM
Do you read Dykes to watch out for Diamond Dog?

yes I have read it gay newspapers.

It's a lot more entertaining and well written than the comics for/about gay/bi men are that I've seen in gay newspapers/magazines.

I've never read the collections or followed it deeply or anything though.

I wish that Bechdel would move away from bad lesbian stereotypes, politics, and do something completely different and unexpected with her comic.

I have not read her memoir in comic form Fun home: A Family Tragicomic, but I hear it's really well written and very sad.

But I do plan on reading her comic memoir, as I'm big into such things.

MarieDelta
Oct 18, 2007, 2:00 PM
Her Memoir is excellent. A whole different animal than her comic strip. More based on her own personal (and sad) experience.

Anyways , keep laughing hon. :)

darkeyes
Oct 18, 2007, 4:35 PM
You scored as a Mo
You are Mo, a guilt-ridden, kindhearted liberal who doesn't relax enough. You are ordered to buy a pint of non-organic, dairy ice cream and watch Comedy Central for a week. PBS will still be there when you get back.
Mo
80%
Sydney
65%
Toni
60%
Lois
55%
Sparrow
50%
Clarice
35%
Stuart
30%

This is moi?? Neva!

MarieDelta
Oct 18, 2007, 4:45 PM
You scored as a Mo

This is moi?? Neva!

Monica Testa (or Mo), the central character, a politically committed lesbian feminist with a tendency to whine. Previously a worker at Madwimmin Bookstore who then worked briefly at Bounders Books and Muzak (a parody of Borders Books and Music) while earning a library science degree before getting a job as a reference librarian.

Doesn't just figure that Fran would be the central character?

****Ducks****

diB4u
Oct 18, 2007, 4:46 PM
You scored as a Lois
You are Lois, the ladykiller who's mellowed into an awesome, loyal girlfriend. Give yourself permission to read the newest Harry Potter at Camp Trans.
Lois
60%
Sparrow
55%
Sydney
40%
Mo
40%
Stuart
40%
Clarice
35%
Toni
20%
I’ve no idea what that means, but hay I like them odds.

darkeyes
Oct 18, 2007, 5:14 PM
Monica Testa (or Mo), the central character, a politically committed lesbian feminist with a tendency to whine. Previously a worker at Madwimmin Bookstore who then worked briefly at Bounders Books and Muzak (a parody of Borders Books and Music) while earning a library science degree before getting a job as a reference librarian.

Doesn't just figure that Fran would be the central character?

****Ducks****

Ya mean me the star??? ooooo always wanted 2 b famous..tee hee:bigrin:

darkeyes
Oct 18, 2007, 5:15 PM
Wotya mean "tendency 2 whine"?????? Me cud eva so easily get miffed ya knows!!!!:(

Nibbit
Oct 18, 2007, 6:34 PM
You scored as a Mo
Mo
80%
Lois
55%
Sparrow
55%
Stuart
50%
Clarice
50%
Toni
40%