PDA

View Full Version : Is a kiss considered sex?

Toad82
Oct 11, 2007, 1:42 AM
Is a kiss or kissing considered sex, or is it just foreplay?
What makes a kiss turn into something other than a kiss?
If a friend were to kiss another friend and a spouse found out would it be cheating?

Thanks for any answers, I have wanted to ask this for a while.

RJ:lokai:

DiamondDog
Oct 11, 2007, 2:23 AM
If a friend were to kiss another friend and a spouse found out would it be cheating?

Some people consider kissing/making out to be sex or at least sexual. Same goes for talking or the art of seduction.

It's something more than just a kiss when you have feelings for the person and you get waves of eurphoria traveling through both of your bodies.

I personally would not consider it to be cheating if a partner/spouse of mine kissed someone else.

It's only kissing/making out and if our relationship with each other is strong and we don't harbor secrets, who cares if we both only just kiss other people?

I have kissed and made out with my friends and their husbands in front of both partners, and it's not a big deal since they don't see kissing others or making out with other men as cheating.

Some people would see that as being cheating or being "wrong" but I don't understand that mentality.

I will kiss friends of mine on the lips as a form of saying hello or goodbye and again it's not a big deal.

Toad82
Oct 11, 2007, 3:20 AM
DD, At what point does making love turn into just sex? Is making love, sex without the emotion or just more about the pleasure of yourself? I am curious about your opinion and thanks for your first reply.

DiamondDog
Oct 11, 2007, 3:34 AM
DD, At what point does making love turn into just sex? Is making love, sex without the emotion or just more about the pleasure of yourself? I am curious about your opinion and thanks for your first reply.

Most people don't "make love" first.

They have sex first and then fall in love with the person/people, or they'll fall in love/lust with the person for reasons that don't have anything to do with sex primarily but they're still sexually attracted to the person and then have sex with them, and then fall in love with them.

Or they'll wait until they get partnered/married/engaged to have sex since they want to or for whatever other reason.

I have no idea why or the reason for people who are together when their sex lives go down the tube since it happens for different reasons and it's completely different for everyone.

Everyone defines "making love" differently so I can't really comment on that.

I do think it's really funny though how some hetero/bi men describe ANY and ALL sex with a woman even a hook up with a stranger, or a 1 night stand with a woman that they don't know or who they've met in a bar or whereever, as being "making love".

ambi53mm
Oct 11, 2007, 5:11 AM

I think it depends on the intent behind the kiss and relates to the passion behind that intent. A quick peck as a gesture of greeting or goodbye I see as just that, a gesture. A long prolonged mouth to mouth kiss may have a different intention and could be considered sensual if not sexual.
........on the other hand, a kiss can also be a compromise. For example: the ass I'll more than likely have to kiss today just to survive will be as far from a sexual intent as I can get:rolleyes:

........be careful of the toes you step on today because they more than likely will be connected to the ass you will have to kiss tomorrow..... V7:6
Chapter:7 verse:6 of the "Do whatcha gotta Do" survival guide.

Ambi:)

darkeyes
Oct 11, 2007, 9:09 AM
Not wen its me mum!!!

brunette
Oct 11, 2007, 9:46 AM
i think sex is more of a state of mind than a particular action. if the intent behind a kiss is that you are get sexual pleasure from it, then it's probably sex.

of course, that's different for everyone. i consider making out with a boyfriend/girlfriend sex if it's a certain intensity, but casual makeout is not, even if i do get aroused.

darkeyes
Oct 11, 2007, 1:24 PM
A kiss in itself can never be thought of as sex.. sexual maybe.. but never sex.

A kiss, like a look, a gaze.. like a touch.. a kiss, like a word or a smile can be the catalyst to sex, or simply the bringer of love and joy.. in itself it can be nothing or everything.. a kiss can get the heart racing and the passion raised... it can work up the juices like little else and create tingles against which you have no defence... a kiss can be a wonderful thing and shield the mind from any sense.. a kiss with a person you want is an amazing thing.. a kiss with the person you love, the lightest of touches, the most fleeting of visits, is life itself...

smokey
Oct 12, 2007, 7:38 AM
It depends on what you're kissing. :bigrin:

darkeyes
Oct 12, 2007, 8:19 AM
It depends on what you're kissing. :bigrin:

don matta wotya kiss... if u consider kissin nethin sex then tf me gave up guys!!! sumtimes wonda wen the lesser mortal is gonna rip that brain outa end of ther willie an stik it bak in tween ther earoles an get it 2 work properly!!!:tong:

Lisa (va)
Oct 12, 2007, 11:37 AM
I don't think that a kiss, in general terms, can or should be considered as sex.
Though a shared kiss with someone special can have more feelings and emotions than sex itself. A kiss is probably more defined, not by the kiss itself, but the feeling behind it: ie. I kiss my daughter, I kiss my husband, I kiss my parents and family, I kiss my friends when we run across each other. they all have their meaning, they are all good , but definitely not all the same.

Lisa

hugs n kissis

i23tboy
Oct 12, 2007, 1:09 PM
It depends largely on what you're kissing...

darkeyes
Oct 12, 2007, 1:15 PM
It depends largely on what you're kissing...

Jeez anotha easily satisified brainless knob! If u think kissin ne thin is sex then jeez, ther no savin ya!!! Don matta how often ya tell em the lesser mortal remains wot e will always b...lesser an a lost cause!:tong:

Skater Boy
Oct 12, 2007, 4:40 PM
Jeez anotha easily satisified brainless knob! If u think kissin ne thin is sex then jeez, ther no savin ya!!! Don matta how often ya tell em the lesser mortal remains wot e will always b...lesser an a lost cause!:tong:

Well, if you were kissing, say, a phallus... then that, technically, might be considered "oral sex". and whilst oral sex is seperate from penetrative sex, I guess its still a form of sexual contact.

The "act of intercourse" itself is probably the most literal definition of "sex". But any other form of genital contact would probably be considered also a form of it...

Otherwise Bill Clinton would never have been impeached.

darkeyes
Oct 12, 2007, 5:37 PM
Well, if you were kissing, say, a phallus... then that, technically, might be considered "oral sex". and whilst oral sex is seperate from penetrative sex, I guess its still a form of sexual contact.

The "act of intercourse" itself is probably the most literal definition of "sex". But any other form of genital contact would probably be considered also a form of it...

Otherwise Bill Clinton would never have been impeached.

Did say very early on Skater babes that a kiss can b considered sexual..but don give a sod how ya wrap it up..it cant b described as sex!!! An that is the whole point of the question...

anne27
Oct 13, 2007, 11:17 AM
God, I hope not. I got drunk last night and kissed a really good friend. Ok, sorta made out is more accurate. *rubs sleepy, tired eyes*.

Oh, the messes I get myself into. :oh:

Cesca
Oct 13, 2007, 11:23 AM
I think I agree with Lisa(va). Any person who considers a kiss as sex has been very much short changed. A kiss can have many meanings but can never mean sex. It may lead to sex but is not sex.

Lorcan
Oct 13, 2007, 12:07 PM

It's cheating if your spouse *thinks* it's cheating. And whatever you think is cheating is cheating for your spouse as well. That's why you have to have a talk with your spouse and define what cheating is to both of you.

For me any, any sexual thing ( including kissing, jacking off, taking nude pictures) IN PERSON, without telling me (before or after) would be cheating. It's the IN PERSON thing and the doing-it-behind-my-back thing that gets me. Have phone sex with your friends is ok.

For my spouse i am careful not to do, and never have done anything sexual before asking him first.

biecnal
Oct 13, 2007, 2:51 PM

There are many types of kisses, but really, a kiss is just a kiss. I think it would be cheating if your spouse or SO didn't know about it. Just be honest with each other. Jess and I have a 100% open relationship and always tell eachother what we do, and with whom. :-)

Lance

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Oct 14, 2007, 6:30 PM
Well Rj, I guess it would depend on the "type" of kiss, and the circumstances. I kiss friends when I meet them after not seeing them for a while, whether they are male or female. Its usually just a "Hello!, fantastic to see you again" sort of kiss. But, if its a deep, sexy, passionate type of kiss between lovers, than that's ok too. I personally dont consider it cheating, but in my lifestyle, a kiss or a grope even, is a customary event. :}
But, not all people see it that way. Some Would consider a sexy passionate kiss a sign of cheating or Pending cheating. Its different for everyone.
Hope that answered your question just a little?
Cat

DiamondDog
Oct 15, 2007, 10:41 AM
People can define sex however they want to.

Try to stay away from the heterosexual definition that it's only sex if there's penetration.

Cesca
Oct 15, 2007, 10:59 AM
Ok. The next time I get run down by a bus I shall refer to it as sex.

DiamondDog
Oct 15, 2007, 11:30 AM
Ok. The next time I get run down by a bus I shall refer to it as sex.

If you can still speak! :)

Bluebiyou
Oct 15, 2007, 12:25 PM
Is a kiss considered sex? Arbitrary. But I would say it is the most common threshold to intimacy. Once you transition from a 'hello kiss' to a romantic kiss, you have certainly ventured into romantic intimacy. Assuming you're using the term 'sex' as a complete intimacy... then yeah, you would have to draw the line at a kiss. And yes, there are intimacies you can share, but until you physically touch someone... I would put that as the 'line'.
That's the agreement my gf and I have. We can wander off and talk, chat, have all the fun we want. We both believe in monogamy (and no, I'm not trying to 'force' my mono feelings on others), and set the threshold/border of limits we agree upon at friendly/hello kiss and romantic kiss. Yes, you can bump and grind with 'someone else' and it's inappropriate, but for 99% of folks, just TRY to do that without kissing or progressing to physical sex. I would definitely say kissing is THE biggest, most common, threshold to intimacy/sex.

DeleteAccount1234
Oct 15, 2007, 1:36 PM
It depends what kind of kiss it is and who its with.

Many of us kiss a family member or friend "Hello" or "Goodbye" and we would never consider sex with them!! The kiss is just a friendly way to say hello or bye cause you'll miss them. :)

Sometimes you'll be with the one you love.... neither of you are in the mood to have sex but that doesn't mean you can't kiss and just enjoy each other's company while on the couch watching a good movie or talking about your day.
Then theres making out, it doesn't always have to lend to sex.
It can but not always.

My ex for example said once - "Kissing means you want to have sex." Ugh. I disagree! (Sometimes its true but not always) There are days I JUST want to be in someone I love's arms, cuddling them and kissing them... no sex. lol

So to answer your question:
Is a kiss considered sex?

1. Depends who it is that your giving a kiss to and the kind of kiss.
2. Depends if your both in the mood or not. Sometimes you can just be in a kissing mood. :) (kissing and touching. Nothing else.)
3. Depends where you are as well. for example: You'll kiss someone in a restaurant and maybe share lots of kisses.... but would you have sex right there?? No.

darkeyes
Oct 15, 2007, 2:01 PM
God..only north americans cud row bout a kiss.. it is NOT sex!!! It can b PART of sex and can be considered a SEXUAL ACT! But it is NOT, and NEVER HAS BEEN..and NEVER WILL BE considered as SEX!!! K..w e gorrit rite now.. now go find summat important 2 argify bout..kiss bloody sex..jeez!!! TF we lost the north american colonies!!! No worng..we didn lose em... we gave em away.....

This is the word of Fran..an as such is the law!! So lissen an obey.. if u lot think a KISSIE..placed WEREVA for WOTEVA reason at NE TIME is sex...suggest ya pay out a few bucks 2 1a them therapists ya all so fond of!

But me still luffyas ya daft lumps! NOT SEX.. k?? rite .. cyas

DeleteAccount1234
Oct 15, 2007, 3:13 PM
God..only north americans cud row bout a kiss.. it is NOT sex!!! It can b PART of sex and can be considered a SEXUAL ACT! But it is NOT, and NEVER HAS BEEN..and NEVER WILL BE considered as SEX!!! K..w e gorrit rite now.. now go find summat important 2 argify bout..kiss bloody sex..jeez!!! TF we lost the north american colonies!!! No worng..we didn lose em... we gave em away.....

This is the word of Fran..an as such is the law!! So lissen an obey.. if u lot think a KISSIE..placed WEREVA for WOTEVA reason at NE TIME is sex...suggest ya pay out a few bucks 2 1a them therapists ya all so fond of!

But me still luffyas ya daft lumps! NOT SEX.. k?? rite .. cyas

Tell my ex that!! lol
I like kisses whenever it lends to sex or not.

Heck, if Kiss is considered sex then I guess we have sex with everyone, family, friends, ever single person we've kissed. lol

Just yesterday my 4 year old nephew wanted to give most everyone in the family (it was my other nephew's bday so we were all together) a kiss.... and he likes to smack right on the mouth. Most young kids do. So KISS DOES NOT MEAN SEX!! :)

Where do people get these silly ideas anyway.
Some other silliness:

-- Does masturbation make people blind?? NO
-- Will you go to hell if had sex before Marriage?? NO
-- Can you get pregnant by a kiss?? NO
-- Is Kiss considered Sex?? NO

I can go on and on and on...... hehe

darkeyes
Oct 15, 2007, 3:19 PM
Gud girl Tash.. glad ther at least 1 north american wiv a brain in er head...spose that cumsa bein a gal an havin it located in rite place!:bigrin::tong:

<<GOD>>
Oct 15, 2007, 3:26 PM

OK Hmm Let me see if I'm understanding this
A kiss is sex only if it takes place in North America providing you are able to row and, that it is limited to the colonies that England gave to North America.

You know trying to decypher your posts is almost as much fun as trying to decypher your prayers Fran. Have a blessed day dear :bigrin:

Your friend
<<God>>

darkeyes
Oct 15, 2007, 3:32 PM
OK Hmm Let me see if I'm understanding this
A kiss is sex only if it takes place in North America providing you are able to row and, that it is limited to the colonies that England gave to North America.

You know trying to decypher your posts is almost as much fun as trying to decypher your prayers Fran. Have a blessed day dear :bigrin:

Your friend
<<God>>
Sum omnipotent bein...read gain...wot me sayin all through is a kiss is neva sex.. don matta werya cum from....NEVA! Sexual mayb but thats far from same thing..... read an learn or jus hand ova ya job 2 me ..... an u can hav ur blessins 2...tee hee:tong: God life is hard! giggles...:tong:

hillwalker54
Oct 15, 2007, 3:36 PM
Well i'm someone that likes to keep things simple. Thinking tires me LOL!

I guess my say on kissing is.... if it's above the belt it's not sex. But i gather to say once we wander south of the belt line, yes my friends, we have sex!

DeleteAccount1234
Oct 15, 2007, 3:42 PM
Gud girl Tash.. glad ther at least 1 north american wiv a brain in er head...spose that cumsa bein a gal an havin it located in rite place!:bigrin::tong:

Ya!! GIRLS RULE!!! hehe

DeleteAccount1234
Oct 15, 2007, 3:46 PM
Sum omnipotent bein...read gain...wot me sayin all through is a kiss is neva sex.. don matta werya cum from....NEVA! Sexual mayb but thats far from same thing..... read an learn or jus hand ova ya job 2 me ..... an u can hav ur blessins 2...tee hee:tong: God life is hard! giggles...:tong:

I understand Franspeak :) took me awhile... I admit the first time I saw "Franspeak" I was like "what the heck is she saying?? does she know english?" hehe
BUT THEN I see her post on another thread that was on a more serious topic and she spoke english just fine. lol
Just takes time to read and understand Franspeak :)

Sooooooooo

To me, if the post is silly, expect the franspeak :) if its serious, its normal talk. :)

Thats what makes Fran so lovable :)

darkeyes
Oct 15, 2007, 4:29 PM

I guess my say on kissing is.... if it's above the belt it's not sex. But i gather to say once we wander south of the belt line, yes my friends, we have sex!

Wudya jus read this Tash???? A kiss.. a mere muah..or even a mmmmmmmmmmuaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh... is sex???? Jus cos it below the belt??? Is it ne wonda me refers 2 em as lesser mortals.... sad sad peeps....:tong:

Cesca
Oct 15, 2007, 4:56 PM

If I was with someone and hoping for sex, and they wandered below my wasteline, then all they did was kiss my pussy, or my knee, or foot, I think I would have good reason to be more than alittle disappointed.

ambi53mm
Oct 15, 2007, 5:26 PM

That's interesting! I asked my boss for a raise this morning and he told me "You can kiss my ass"....thinking back on the moment..I guess I do get a bit of a raise from the thought :male:

DiamondDog
Oct 15, 2007, 5:41 PM
That's interesting! I asked my boss for a raise this morning and he told me "You can kiss my ass"....thinking back on the moment..I guess I do get a bit of a raise from the thought :male:

Are you into rimming?

babsalonia4u
Oct 15, 2007, 8:07 PM
to me kissing is an entity unto itself. as i have said many times, i can kiss without ever having sex, but can not have sex without kissing :kiss:

DiamondDog
Oct 15, 2007, 8:19 PM
to me kissing is an entity unto itself. as i have said many times, i can kiss without ever having sex, but can not have sex without kissing :kiss:

LMAO the only time I can have sex without kissing is when I'm in dominant mode and I am doing erotic SM to a man or woman. :)

Of course if I'm with a guy who says he doesn't want to kiss a man then I'd be forced to kiss him and make out with him a lot since it would be a BIG turn on to me!

ambi53mm
Oct 15, 2007, 8:47 PM
Are you into rimming?

MMM depends on who's doing the giving and who's doing the receiving.

darkeyes
Oct 16, 2007, 3:59 AM

Ahhh Babsy..the faultless logic of the Goddess!!!:tong:

darkeyes
Oct 16, 2007, 4:01 AM
LMAO the only time I can have sex without kissing is when I'm in dominant mode and I am doing erotic SM to a man or woman. :)

Of course if I'm with a guy who says he doesn't want to kiss a man then I'd be forced to kiss him and make out with him a lot since it would be a BIG turn on to me!

In if e cutya balls off cosya did it, even tho ya sed no that'd b ok huh? The faulty logic of the selfish fukker.. me me me an sod u arsehole... jeez...

DiamondDog
Oct 16, 2007, 9:57 AM
In if e cutya balls off cosya did it, even tho ya sed no that'd b ok huh? The faulty logic of the selfish fukker.. me me me an sod u arsehole... jeez...

Chill the fuck out and stop having a martyr complex.

It's only kissing, not a real forced castration or doing a consensual castration scene, or something that really actually hurts someone physically or psychologically.

It also wouldn't be considered raping someone or doing a consensual rape scene since it's not sex or sexual at all in your opinion. :rolleyes:

I personally enjoy just making out for the sake of it or doing it for hours and it's enjoyable.

Anyway some people like myself can't have vanilla sex without kissing, and we get sick and tired of the "I'm bi but I don't kiss men at all, only women" type of guys who have homophobic hang ups about having sex with men.

darkeyes
Oct 16, 2007, 10:06 AM
Scuse me hun...did ya not say ya wud havta kiss if he said no kissin??? Kissin wen its not asked for or wanted huh is as much an assault on the person as ne otha..sure not as bad as rape or many otha...but still an anwanted act! Now, am no martyr...jus hate 2 c peeps think they so fukkin arrogant they can do wot the hell they like wen the hell they like 2 who the hell they like... an an unwanted kiss can eva so easily becum an unwanted act of much greater an more serious intensity!!!!

If peeps don like kissin then its tuff.. don matta wotya get fed up wiv..ya jus hasta respect how peeps feel! An ifya don...then more the fool u!

fortyniner1
Oct 16, 2007, 10:36 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with Babs on this one. Kissing is one of the purest, sweetest joys we can experience. I know that sounds sappy as hell, but the feeling I get is just that, one that I do not wish to share with everyone, only the one I am kissing, and I hope that through the act of kissing that they may feel it as well.
I would not have to kiss to have sex, but I do love to kiss and consider this act one in a giving mode, not always taking, or even sharing. To feel the kiss is not always sexual, but sometimes emotional and inspirational, even spiritual.
I could kiss all day and into the night and that is something I cannot do when the goal is intercourse to orgasm. When kissing becomes erotic and I arrive at orgasm, I cross the border and feel sexual, from the warm, soft moments initiated by the simple kiss. Is a kiss considered sex? This question has two answers and only you, the individual can do that.:2cents::)