PDA

View Full Version : Bi-curious?

ohmygosh
Oct 5, 2007, 8:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has a similar situation. Recently from time to time I would feel sexually attracted to girls, but not emotional. I don't have any experience with girls and always feel like I want to try making out, touching them. I have a bf but we don't really have sex, is that why it might be making me stray my sexuality? And I'm only attracted to the ones that are good looking with a nice body. Whereas when I see a hot guy now, I would think he's hot and be attracted but I don't imagine any sexual acts with them.

FalconAngel
Oct 5, 2007, 9:44 PM
Hetero and homo sexuality are both static. Interest never changes as far as sexual preference.
Bisexuality is sometimes static and sometimes fluid. Most of that depends on the person.

Some bisexuals have a preference for same-sex with some interest in opposite sex.
Some have preference for opposite sex and some interest in same sex.
And then there are still others that have equal preference for both sexes.

Some of each of those groups have no change in their levels of preference and some in each of those groups have a fluctuating interest level in each gender. For many, their sexual interest fluctuates between male and female like the ebb and flow of the tides. Not necessarily for the same reasons, but it does, often fluctuate with preferences for one or the other growing stronger from time to time and then changing back for awhile again.

This can be in both an emotional as well as physical way, or just in an emotional way or just a physical way. Any combination is possible. One could go through a period of emotional attachment to one gender with a physical attachment to the other, or visa versa; you could go through a period of both physical and emotional attachment to one gender and none to the other or a period of attachment to both at the same time.

Being Bi can be very confusing at times if you apply standard social mores to it. Think outside the sexual/gender "box" and it can become easier to help to understand both yourself and your sexuality.

ghytifrdnr
Oct 5, 2007, 11:33 PM
Hetero and homo sexuality are both static. Interest never changes as far as sexual preference.

I disagree. :2cents:

truelove201
Oct 6, 2007, 3:52 AM
:female: My observations at this point would support the idea that there is much fluctuation for my husband. He seems to be more sexually attracted at this point to the same sex but more emotionally attracted to me. While that has created physical issues between us currently, emotionally we are as strong as ever. The only piece of wisdom if any i can impart is to say that where there is love there is always a way and we are finding ours. I hope you are able to find yours safely and happily. We just celebrated our 11 year anniversary and are still going strong. If it wasn't for this site reading such posts as yours i think my struggle and his would be more difficult.

naive
Oct 6, 2007, 5:18 AM
I was wondering if anyone else has a similar situation. Recently from time to time I would feel sexually attracted to girls, but not emotional. I don't have any experience with girls and always feel like I want to try making out, touching them. I have a bf but we don't really have sex, is that why it might be making me stray my sexuality? And I'm only attracted to the ones that are good looking with a nice body. Whereas when I see a hot guy now, I would think he's hot and be attracted but I don't imagine any sexual acts with them.

i think there are plenty of ppl in ur situation. for me, my sexuality has become very fluid. before accepting my bisexuality, i only ever imagined sex with girls but i always noticed attractive guys. for girls, i looked for a nice body and face. for guys, i was mainly drawn to their face (not sure why). now that i'm comfortable with myself, i'm able to imagine sex with a guy. as far as emotional connection goes, i think i'm getting more used to the thought of falling for a guy because the similarity in mentality is attractive.

ohmygosh
Oct 8, 2007, 11:48 PM
oh my situation seems very similar to truelove201.....I still feel very strongly towards my bf both mentally and physically, and nowadays im interested in having some experiences with females, maybe im curious or maybe i've always been bi-sexual, i just never had the time to notice it....

ohmygosh
Oct 8, 2007, 11:55 PM
i also want to grab some girl's tits, well the nice looking ones, and maybe their ass and pussy but the thought of kissing them or licking down there doesn't appeal to me as much, is there a reason why? does that mean im not totally bi coz i dont like to do some of the physical stuff?