PDA

View Full Version : What scares you?

ambi53mm
Sep 26, 2007, 9:19 PM
What scares you?

Looking back on my life I find that it’s not death or the fear of death that scares me but more the fear of what I might do to another whether intentional or unintentional that has created the most fear. I have been blessed in this lifetime with the situations and circumstances of saving lives that sometimes were on the brink of ending had not I taken action. What scares me however are those times in life where an action whether conscious or unconscious led to some harmful effect in which I served as a catalyst without even knowing I’d done so. Maybe even the life I saved….hmmm Karmaphobia?

Ambi:)

folk2punk
Sep 26, 2007, 9:44 PM
methinks you have something you're much more specifically afraid of. usually, i'm afraid of making a choice, whether difficult or simple. I end up either afraid of trapping myself with commitment, or the loneliness factor that comes with freedom. i have good days and bad days with this.

i'm also afraid of the christian right-wing.

HighEnergy
Sep 26, 2007, 9:51 PM
i'm also afraid of the christian right-wing.

No shit! They terrify me and I am a Christian! And it pisses me off what they've done to Christ who taught grace, acceptance and love. I really can't figure out where they find hatred and condemnation as a family value in Christ's teachings.

FalconAngel
Sep 27, 2007, 12:13 AM
No shit! They terrify me and I am a Christian! And it pisses me off what they've done to Christ who taught grace, acceptance and love. I really can't figure out where they find hatred and condemnation as a family value in Christ's teachings.

It's hard to convince people that you are killing them for their own good.
But, as Ghandi once said......"I like your Christ. It is your Christians that I don't like".

But seriously........Spiders. Why'd it have to be spiders?

TaylorMade
Sep 27, 2007, 2:55 AM
Humans don't terrify me....

But Cthulhu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu) does.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Cthulhu_and_R'lyeh.jpg

*Taylor*

darkeyes
Sep 27, 2007, 4:01 AM
Personal dread...The fear of wakin up dead on a slab wiv a snag in me stockins or horror of horrors a stain on me knicks...:(

Real serious dread... not dyin.. too young 2 bother 2 much bout that.. but dyin alone an unloved...

Really serious dread... humanity destroyin its home and everythin in it..

hillwalker54
Sep 27, 2007, 6:16 AM
Interesting question....

Skater Boy
Sep 27, 2007, 6:28 AM
Going for STD tests scare me. especially when you have to wait about 2 weeks for the results. I have to admit, I get a bit edgy until the results come in.

Other than that, I have a fear of myself- of who I really am (or might be) and what I might be capable of.

Azrael
Sep 27, 2007, 6:40 AM
That eventually I tell everyone what I REALLY think.

darkeyes
Sep 27, 2007, 7:08 AM
That eventually I tell everyone what I REALLY think.

Why worry.. I do when the need arises....:bigrin:

naive
Sep 27, 2007, 8:01 AM
Other than that, I have a fear of myself- of who I really am (or might be) and what I might be capable of.

unless u have some really dark and twisted dreams of the person that u may turn out to be, wondering about the things that u are truly capable of can be exciting.

i have high hopes about the way that i grow and develop into a more rounded individual. this is not typical of me because i am normally a pessimist but maybe i'm on a positive trip after coming out. i have "high hopes" that this feeling doesn't diminish too quickly.

so what's my fear? probably of being completely and utterly alone. i think that i am the person that i am because of the people that surround me. i'd hate to think that any one person can be entirely isolated but then again, isn't it true that "man is an island"?

Skater Boy
Sep 27, 2007, 8:28 AM
unless u have some really dark and twisted dreams of the person that u may turn out to be, wondering about the things that u are truly capable of can be exciting.

i have high hopes about the way that i grow and develop into a more rounded individual. this is not typical of me because i am normally a pessimist but maybe i'm on a positive trip after coming out. i have "high hopes" that this feeling doesn't diminish too quickly.

so what's my fear? probably of being completely and utterly alone. i think that i am the person that i am because of the people that surround me. i'd hate to think that any one person can be entirely isolated but then again, isn't it true that "man is an island"?

As stated within my Myspace content- I DO have a "dark side". I'm only too aware of my own shortcomings... perhaps in a slightly hypochondrial way. I find self-discovery exciting to some extent, but I'm always aware of the possibility that I am "not normal". Yes, "normal" is relative, I know. but even relative things can have significance.

Btw, I think the saying is: "NO man is an island". Another one would be: "man is, by nature, a political animal". I too fear being alone in the long-term. But in the short-term, I am able to cope with solitude. Perhaps because I've had little choice in the matter at times. The problem comes when you develop "anti-social tendancies", and this again is somthing that I fear within myself.

naive
Sep 27, 2007, 8:39 AM
i think that i was getting my metaphors mixed up. i don't expect anyone to recognise the reference because even i don't know the details of it. i just remember (from a high school english text) that everyone is basically an isolated being. regardless of family or friends, we are all battling through our lives alone. family dies, friends drift apart, the only person that we can rely on is ourselves. "every man for themselves".

as for "anti-social tendencies", if there is at least one person in the world that is pushing u to become a better person, is communicating with u, listening to ur thoughts, then it would be hard to become a true hermit.

izzfan
Sep 27, 2007, 8:49 AM
Stuff that scares me

- most spiders

-ostracism [I'm not really too much of a 'social' person most of the time, however I'm not a recluse/hermit either but the idea of being rejected by everyone does chill me a bit]

- The 'Dark side' of myself

- Death, I think this probably scares most people although I once heard/read someone say that death is the second most scary thing in the world and that anticipation of death is the scariest.

- The Government and the way the modern UK seems to be going (don't get me started on politics... LOL)

-religious fundamentalism in evangelistic religions (religons who feel that they should 'convert' people)

- When you drink so much you don't have any memory of part of the previous night [luckily, I've only ever done this once and it scared the hell out of me]

-Hallucinations [I'm not going to go into detail about how I experienced this once but it scared me a bit despite the fact they were really mild hallucinations.... I still feared for my sanity]

- how other people see me or how I think they see me

- Technology [not 'fear' as such but I can be quite distrustful of technlogy at times]

- Large crowds - not exactly fear but they can make me very uneasy sometimes

I could probably think of a lot more things but I've already come up with a larger list than most of the other posts.

Izzfan :flag3:

naive
Sep 27, 2007, 8:51 AM
- Death, I think this probably scares most people although I once heard/read someone say that death is the second most scary thing in the world and that anticipation of death is the scariest.

i thought public speaking was the scariest, then comes death.

Skater Boy
Sep 27, 2007, 9:06 AM
Naive, here's a link to that island quote you used:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/257100.html

Its meaning is actually close to the opposite of yours, but since you omitted the "no" part, I guess you could say that you've adapted the phrase to create your own meaning, which is equally valid in theory.

Personally, I AM quite anti-social. I'd say that I sometimes even go out of my way not to see or communicate with other people. Admittedly, I'm not a complete hermit, but I suspect that were I given that option I would probably slip quite easily into something resembling its definition.

As for death... if it is quick and painless, I have no fear of it whatsoever. In fact, I'll probably welcome it with open arms eventually. I have no desire to die prematurely, but if I were to die tomorrow, then so be it.

Yes, public speaking is much more scary than death, IMO.

naive
Sep 27, 2007, 9:14 AM
yeah i realised i mis-quoted as soon as u corrected me. but i'm sure there is a book out there that tells a good story about how we are really alone when things get tough and we can only rely on ourselves. i think i remember it: the outsider (l'entranger) by albert camus. pretty depressing but my first insight into existentialism.

one quote about isolation that i actually looked up :bigrin: comes from (of all places) a hollywood movie. maybe this says something about its profoundness but i liked it nevertheless:

"We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'." (Beverly Clark played by Susan Sarandon in Shall We Dance, 2004)

naive
Sep 27, 2007, 9:18 AM
I find self-discovery exciting to some extent, but I'm always aware of the possibility that I am "not normal". Yes, "normal" is relative, I know. but even relative things can have significance.

i didn't think u would be the kind of person that felt the need to strive to be "normal". as for me, that's a whole other story... :bigrin:

Skater Boy
Sep 27, 2007, 9:40 AM
i didn't think u would be the kind of person that felt the need to strive to be "normal". as for me, that's a whole other story... :bigrin:

Well, individuality should be highly valued, ofcourse. But when it takes the form of "abnormality" it is perceived as less socially acceptable. Or at least less socially valuable.

Many of the great artists (eg. Van Gogh, Dali, etc) were deemed as eccentric, and considered geniuses. But strip them of their creative talent, and society would just see them as mentally unbalanced (to use one of the more politically correct terms).

I'm the first to agree that being socially well adjusted doesn't necessarily indicate health or normality. But sometimes being "an outsider" is not much fun.

naive
Sep 27, 2007, 9:58 AM
But sometimes being "an outsider" is not much fun.

can't agree more. i really enjoy my "mainstream interests" for what they are: shallow entertainment. knowing that ur part of a larger community is an added benefit.

the mage
Sep 27, 2007, 9:58 AM
At the most personal level death is scary, as it is for us all. It's why we have gawd around.

At the greater level it is scary that we believe ourselves to be more than just the animals we are with every new life a valued thing.... foolishness.
just too many people ....

Skater Boy
Sep 27, 2007, 10:11 AM
At the most personal level death is scary, as it is for us all. It's why we have gawd around.

See, for me its not. At all. I'm more scared of THE PROCESS of dying (ie. old age and degenration of my wellbeing) than I am of actually popping my clogs.

But then, I'm more of an Agnostic/Atheist.

Life is precious to me. But not so precious that I'd cling to it (despite my failing health) and not be curiously keen to see what happens after my spirit leaves my body.

I found Plato's debate on why one should not fear death (featured in "The Last Days Of Socrates") quite persuasive.

Skater Boy
Sep 27, 2007, 2:31 PM
can't agree more. i really enjoy my "mainstream interests" for what they are: shallow entertainment. knowing that ur part of a larger community is an added benefit.

Y'know what, Bui? the more I think about it, liking Natasha Bedingfield's music and reality TV dance competitions isn't so "mainstream" for a 24 year old heterosexual, urban male. Just outta curiosity, are all of your other heterosexual male friends into these sorts of things too?

darkeyes
Sep 27, 2007, 3:16 PM
But Natasha is ratha yummie tho Skater:tong:

Skater Boy
Sep 27, 2007, 3:20 PM
But Natasha is ratha yummie tho Skater:tong:

Ya, Natasha's cute. I actually have one of her songs on my iPod... think its the one about "feeling the rain", lol.

But I just don't know any "mainstream" heterosexual males who would freely admit to liking her music. Its a bit of a faux pas.

Shame really, I always admire straight men who have the balls not to follow the crowd.

chulainn2
Sep 27, 2007, 3:36 PM
Hillary Clinton

rmorti
Sep 27, 2007, 4:00 PM
Heights, i've become more confident with me but they still get me at times.

My new area of sexual orientation, in paticular, doing stuff with a guy, 20 years of ladies, Im scared at the idea of doing stuff with a guy, no idea why but I find it very intimidating.

My nana's current health :(

Death and getting old

darkeyes
Sep 27, 2007, 4:35 PM
Pity bout daniel bein so crappie tho Skater babes

An morti..tellya wot scares me mos in me life until she went 2 the gr8 house of harridan in the sky... thot of wot me mums mum wudda dun if me eva called er nana.. me wudda been flayed wivin an inch of me life... wos often enuff ne way...for no reason...an for jus the odd lil reason... teensy weensy wee one...:tong:

Me otha Gran insisted that ne of us who called er nana wud b deprived of chrissie pressies from er..or birfday... ratha hav the battrin me self than do wivout the pressies..scary...:(

gfofbiguy
Sep 27, 2007, 4:51 PM
Stuff that scares me

- most spiders

-religious fundamentalism in evangelistic religions (religons who feel that they should 'convert' people)

- Large crowds - not exactly fear but they can make me very uneasy sometimes

I could probably think of a lot more things but I've already come up with a larger list than most of the other posts.

Izzfan :flag3:

Yeppers, those three for sure for me.....Add on to that public speaking, especially since I'm pretty shy :eek: Heights is another biggy for me.

I used to be afraid (well, that might not be the best word, but it'll do) of being alone....but then after leaving my ex-husband and having to be alone, it really wasn't that big of a deal anymore and got to where I really enjoyed it. Being alone and being lonely are two different things entirely and I think part of my "fear" was that they were linked together in my mind as one and the same.

jgk33
Sep 27, 2007, 5:17 PM
not following what I believe to be right scares me because then I feel trapped.

darkeyes
Sep 27, 2007, 5:35 PM
Naggy wen she sez "Frances... stop being so obtuse......":(

naive
Sep 27, 2007, 5:39 PM
Ya, Natasha's cute. I actually have one of her songs on my iPod... think its the one about "feeling the rain", lol.

But I just don't know any "mainstream" heterosexual males who would freely admit to liking her music. Its a bit of a faux pas.

Shame really, I always admire straight men who have the balls not to follow the crowd.

i loved "gotta get thru this" and "if ur not the one" by daniel. i just thought it was bad marketing rather than crappiness that was the reason he wasn't successful.

my straight friends are into same movies and tv, music is different because they are asian and like honky pop stars. but most of the singers they like are female too. so i don't think it's all that strange for a straight/bi guy to like an attractive female singer that can sing well.

i think the "feel the rain" song is "unwritten", if i'm not mistaken?

CuddlyKate
Sep 27, 2007, 5:41 PM
Naggy wen she sez "Frances... stop being so obtuse......":(Vanity Fair when she wakes up in the morning with hair rather frizzled and wild. And she can be and often is very obtuse.

Skater Boy
Sep 27, 2007, 5:47 PM
i loved "gotta get thru this" and "if ur not the one" by daniel. i just thought it was bad marketing rather than crappiness that was the reason he wasn't successful.

my straight friends are into same movies and tv, music is different because they are asian and like honky pop stars. but most of the singers they like are female too. so i don't think it's all that strange for a straight/bi guy to like an attractive female singer that can sing well.

i think the "feel the rain" song is "unwritten", if i'm not mistaken?

Yup, Unwritten! Thats the one! Well, thats certainly interesting... you wouldn't catch many 18-25 year old heterosexual males in London listening to Natasha's music openly. Its just not done. but tbh, I'm quite impressed... perhaps Australian male culture is more mature than English... even if "technically" you're Austrasian (is that a word? if not, I just invented it, lol). IMO men who are less concerned with conforming to a "macho social image", and more in touch with their emotions are ultimately higher beings than their counterparts. But you've probably guessed that already from my attitudes to certain other issues...

naive
Sep 27, 2007, 6:07 PM
Yup, Unwritten! Thats the one! Well, thats certainly interesting... you wouldn't catch many 18-25 year old heterosexual males in London listening to Natasha's music openly. Its just not done. but tbh, I'm quite impressed... perhaps Australian male culture is more mature than English... even if "technically" you're Austrasian (is that a word? if not, I just invented it, lol). IMO men who are less concerned with conforming to a "macho social image", and more in touch with their emotions are ultimately higher beings than their counterparts. But you've probably guessed that already from my attitudes to certain other issues...

i'm sure there are plenty of straight guys in oz conform to the macho image but i guess i never associate with them. the whole "straight metrosexual male" took off like a storm in a teacup a few years back where getting facials and wearing make up was considered cool. i never really was a fan of that but if it meant that liking "girls music" was acceptable, then i'm all for it! i think a lot of the tv i watch influences my music tastes too. "so u think u can dance" is good for watching the hot guys and girls gyrating, but they play cool music too. i think most "austrasians" are considered abcs (australian born chinese) even if we have different asian backgrounds.

Skater Boy
Sep 27, 2007, 6:21 PM
the whole "straight metrosexual male" took off like a storm in a teacup a few years back where getting facials and wearing make up was considered cool. i never really was a fan of that but if it meant that liking "girls music" was acceptable, then i'm all for it! .

Yeah, there was a "Metrosexual" trend here too a while back. But it only really caught on with certain people. Many of those people were not totally straight. But I did see a few seemingly straight guys wearing hair bands like David Beckham used to. IMO its not such a bad thing... sometimes men who are afraid of their feminine side usually are for a reason. But the vast majority of males here still subscribe to a macho (or at least strongly masculine) mentality.

chook
Sep 27, 2007, 7:04 PM
:eek::eek: A world without frozen chickens that would scare the shit outta me :eek::eek:

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

jem_is_bi
Sep 27, 2007, 9:44 PM
Almost everything scares me a little bit. But, nothing scares me too much. I think a little bit of fear is a good thing. Keep me alert, prevents bigger problems from happening.

JEM

AdamKadmon43
Sep 27, 2007, 10:46 PM
What scares me the most is the possibility that Christians might be right, and that god is some sort of horrid, egomanical, sadistic tyrant that is going to pitch me into the depths of hell for not kissing his ass.

Just kidding.

Adam

Herbwoman39
Sep 28, 2007, 12:11 AM
Hillary Clinton

!@#$ YES! THAT woman terrifies the $#!^ out of me. Her and that %@#^ husband of hers <shudder>. Bush is a dufus, but the Clintons, they're manipulative and they know what they're doing.

Death doesn't frighten me so much as dying before I've finished what I want to do in my life. I'm also afraid of leaving my husband alone. I'm not sure he'll do okay if I go first.

What *does* scare me is putting myself out there in the world, being myself and being rejected for who I am. I believe Shug Avery's quote from "The Color Purple". She said "Everything just want to be loved" and I know that to be true for myself. I want to be loved and accepted for who I am. Unfortunately, at many points in my life, I haven't been and that has done some damage.

redheadhoneycat
Sep 28, 2007, 12:15 AM
Being completely alone scares me. No I don't mean everyone went to the movies and I got left behind....lol...but truly alone like losing my family, kind of alone.That freaks me out a bit.:( Other than that I am not really afraid of anything.:2cents:

darkeyes
Sep 28, 2007, 4:57 AM
!@#$ YES! THAT woman terrifies the $#!^ out of me. Her and that %@#^ husband of hers <shudder>. Bush is a dufus, but the Clintons, they're manipulative and they know what they're doing.

Kinda tween devil an the deep blue huh?? An Arsehole who can b manipulated by faceless arseholes who kno wot they r doin..or a woman who is no arsehole but is manipulative an who knos wot she's doin...

An arsehole who is a right wing shitebag or a left of centre (if only just!!!) manipulator who has at least sum compassion..

Advantage of a manipulator is ya can c er cummin an also advantage of a manipulator.. is if she gud enuff she can manipulate wot she wants outa the rest of the government machine.. Ok if she dus wotya likes.... ya gets ya way ... otha wise?? Well she ur Pres if she gets ther..me has no say by way of a vote... but woteva she dus manipulate has such an effect on my life as well!

Whoeva ya dus chose...(an me knos Bushie cant stand)... make its sum 1 decent... not anotha arsehole!!! Ya cud do worse than Hil... but ya cud do betta 2!

naive
Sep 28, 2007, 5:48 AM
Yeah, there was a "Metrosexual" trend here too a while back. But it only really caught on with certain people. Many of those people were not totally straight. But I did see a few seemingly straight guys wearing hair bands like David Beckham used to. IMO its not such a bad thing... sometimes men who are afraid of their feminine side usually are for a reason. But the vast majority of males here still subscribe to a macho (or at least strongly masculine) mentality.

it's a shame. i loved billy elliot :bigrin: but i guess that movie showed a lot of the macho mentality too.

rustypharian
Sep 28, 2007, 6:06 AM
thats easy... i scare me.
i am afraid that one day i will stop responding to negativity towards me with a
"whatever dude" and actually believe it.

Germanicus
Sep 28, 2007, 3:45 PM
Right now I dont feel scared about anything. Its a strange sensation, but I feel free from want and desire, and not being scared is the "other side" of the coin, as it were. I'm not saying I dont feel anything, but its all in perspective and I feel (as my signature says) that I'm still on my boat bobbing backwards and forwards. It may last or it may not, but I genuinely don't care what happens

godowntogether
Sep 28, 2007, 10:09 PM
Almost everything at one time or another.:(

Azrael
Sep 28, 2007, 11:40 PM
Might as well give a more serious reply.
I'm afraid of being trapped in a human storage facility with my brain chemistry being tinkered with by irresponsible sadistic excuses for physicians.
I'm afraid of my lack of control of my impulses.
I'm afraid of getting my face stomped in by homophobic redneck shitheads (my mom's side of the family is louisiana cracker, not ripping on people in the south, merely the less desirable elements in my part of Florida).
I'm afraid of getting drugged and violated.
I'm afraid of the Pinellas County Sheriff's Dept. and the continued militarization of Law Enforcement.
I'm afraid of another selfish girl tearing what's left of my heart to pieces.
I'm afraid of what neuroleptic drugs are doing to my liver and kidneys.
I'm afraid that my family will never respect me for the person I am.
I'm afraid of becoming burned out, cold and cynical.
I'm afraid that my HPPD will only get more intense.
I'm afraid of a society that wants to eugenically eliminate the neurologically and or psychiatrically interesting. We don't need to be cured, neurotypicals just need to get the fuck over themselves.
Same goes for people who want to use the same tactics against the existence of people like US.
I'm afraid of becoming so insane that I totally lose myself for eternity.
I'm afraid of pharmaceutical giants like Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Novartis, Jannsen, Glaxosmithkline, Abbot, and others controlling the lives and financial futures of millions of neurologically unstable people.
I'm afraid of nuclear war.
I'm afraid of blind unquestioning patriotism.
I'm afraid of spiders (one almost lost me my right leg).
I'm afraid of how quickly we're scorching through our natural resources.
I'm afraid this unending feeling of futlilty will never go away.
I'm pretty much afraid of life.
Death? Nah.
That's just going home :cool:

ambi53mm
Sep 29, 2007, 8:16 AM
I'm afraid of spiders (one almost lost me my right leg).
:cool:

Amen to that!! These things are leathal down here. They should be added to the lists of Terror Groups operating in Florida...and just when I thought all I had to do was avoid the efin gators.

Azrael
Sep 29, 2007, 12:46 PM
Amen to that!! These things are leathal down here. They should be added to the lists of Terror Groups operating in Florida...and just when I thought all I had to do was avoid the efin gators.

Yeah, we got almost every deadly critter imaginable round here. Makes me glad I don't work in attics anymore :eek:

darkeyes
Sep 29, 2007, 5:51 PM
Naggy wen she uses THAT tona voice...:(

Herbwoman39
Sep 29, 2007, 7:45 PM
is if she gud enuff she can manipulate wot she wants outa the rest of the government machine

That's a point I hadn't thought of before. I think as far as LGBT rights goes, she'd be good, but fiscally as well as illegal alien policy and when dealing with foreign affairs I think she'd be a freaking nightmare.

As much as I want LGBT equality I'm just not willing to hock the next four years of my life over it. I really haven't seen one candidate that I like.

The next four years is going to be bad.

innaminka
Sep 29, 2007, 8:09 PM
Quite a few things scare me - certainly Religious Fundamentalists of all persuasions; nothing has caused more grief to humanity than the religious tenet of "we're right - you're wrong!"

I'm not afraid of death per se, but I am afraid of the dying process. I dread being told I have terminal cancer of some description; bowel cancer especially :eek:

I am afraid of the ramifications my bisexuality may (repeat may) have on my daughters. I am very afraid of the moment I tell them in some form that their mother sleeps with other women on occasions.

biggest fear -??? the day I graduate to size 18 knickers! (Holding my own atm, but ......!!! :) )

darkeyes
Sep 29, 2007, 8:14 PM
That's a point I hadn't thought of before. I think as far as LGBT rights goes, she'd be good, but fiscally as well as illegal alien policy and when dealing with foreign affairs I think she'd be a freaking nightmare.

As much as I want LGBT equality I'm just not willing to hock the next four years of my life over it. I really haven't seen one candidate that I like.

The next four years is going to be bad.Guy ya got now isa bit shitty on all of em herbwoman..she hasta b better than im.... me wud b betta than im for that matta an me wud prob b useless...:tong:
forget the prob. :bigrin:

Ally Kat
Sep 30, 2007, 7:08 AM

probably a very similar place that the Osama Bin Laudin's of the world found their particular perversion of Islam in the Koran

darkeyes
Sep 30, 2007, 7:55 AM
probably a very similar place that the Osama Bin Laudin's of the world found their particular perversion of Islam in the Koran

So true Ally... Jus dunno wy peeps r so gullible wen it cums 2 worksa fiction..me stopped believin in fairy stories wen me wos bout 4... dunno wy peeps jus don give em up..