PDA

View Full Version : Other than me...

Tx46M
Sep 22, 2007, 7:48 PM
My Friends,
How many of you (m or F) have reached beyond you personal comfort zone...after chats and e-mail and IM or Yahoo chat, exchanged pics with positive responses and expressed the desire to meet only to build your expectations UP and nothing to "show" for it??
D...just wondering...
:male::2cents:

naive
Sep 22, 2007, 8:52 PM
My Friends,
How many of you (m or F) have reached beyond you personal comfort zone...after chats and e-mail and IM or Yahoo chat, exchanged pics with positive responses and expressed the desire to meet only to build your expectations UP and nothing to "show" for it??
D...just wondering...

what do u mean by nothing to show for it? were u stood up, did the meeting never happen or were u disappointed by the person?

Lisa (va)
Sep 22, 2007, 9:12 PM
Personally I don't see why anyone would go beyond their perosnal comfort zone.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

naive
Sep 22, 2007, 9:27 PM

Lisa

hugs n kisses

i think he means that he has (or wants to) take the next big step by going out of the personal comfort zone that he has always been used to. i admire those that take new risks in their journey for self-improvement knowing full well of the less desirable outcomes.

Tx46M
Sep 22, 2007, 9:35 PM
Ok...I mean all the interaction and anticipation and conversation and no one meets anyone. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Tx46M
Sep 22, 2007, 9:39 PM

Lisa

hugs n kisses

None of of us grows unless we venture beyond our "comfort zones" ...fact of life...

Tx46M
Sep 22, 2007, 9:40 PM

Lisa

hugs n kisses

None of us grow unless we venture beyond our "comfort zones" ...fact of life...

naive
Sep 22, 2007, 9:41 PM
Ok...I mean all the interaction and anticipation and conversation and no one meets anyone. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

i can't say that i've been in the same situation because all of the people here that i've found interesting are on the other side of the world. but i hope the let down doesn't deter u from trying again.

shameless agitator
Sep 23, 2007, 2:01 AM
Had one no-show and one who turned out to have a husband she conveniently forgot to mention.:eek: I've also met some great people through the internet, so I think it's worth the risk.

FalconAngel
Sep 23, 2007, 2:09 AM
We've had a bunch of no-shows. One that we went all the way down to South Beach for, paid for parking and an entry fee into a jazz club that we had never been to before (it was okay but not worth a cover charge), only to be stood up and not one e-mail from the guy saying that he got hung up or anything.
Then, a week later, he drops us a note asking if we want to try again. Needless to say, we did not give him a second chance. Anyone who doesn't have the courtesy to drop us a line, even if it gets to us after we have gone to meet him, to let us know that they can't make it, doesn't deserve a second chance.

Courtesy is critical when you go out to meet someone for the first time. If they aren't straight up with you and/or don't let you know that they can't meet you, then they don't deserve courtesy either.