PDA

View Full Version : Morning glory

rmorti
Sep 21, 2007, 7:13 AM
After attempting to find answers on the internet and constantly getting lead to a type of animal or the oasis song, I figured you guys could give me some quick insight. Morning glory just happens without stimulation right? Its just the penis getting up during the night and is there when you wake up, because I had a dream about shooting people (it related to a game i've been playing, im not a psycho lol) and I woke up with morning glory, just got a bit worried it was because of my dream....

naive
Sep 21, 2007, 7:26 AM
i read somewhere that thinking about sex suppresses the need to urinate. dunno if it's related but it seems a logical way to prevent bed wetting :bigrin:

rmorti
Sep 21, 2007, 7:31 AM
Morning glory = waking up with an erection? Id be even more worried if I wet the bed after that dream.....even just wetting the bed at my age would be bad :P

raistkit
Sep 21, 2007, 8:31 AM
worked in a nursing home for about 15 yrs. i'de have to say about 85% of the men woke up with morning glories, those that did kept their curtians closed. so age has nothing whatsoever to do with it. however my favorite morning glories are the ones i plant every spring to grow outside my kitchen window.

kit

naive
Sep 21, 2007, 8:49 AM
not really helpful for ur case but some more info nonetheless

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturnal_penile_tumescence

when u know that there's a scientific name for it, u don't have to worry that it's weird or abnormal.

Skater Boy
Sep 21, 2007, 12:30 PM
I had a dream about shooting people (it related to a game i've been playing, im not a psycho lol) and I woke up with morning glory, just got a bit worried it was because of my dream....

No, I would say that you're definitely a psycho! The two things are clearly related... it would seem that you find acts of violence sexually arousing... this is known as a "Violence Fetishism" and you should seek help from a psychiatrist immediately. If you don't, you'll end up like the people from that movie "Crash" who deliberately provoked violent situations in order to get their sexual gratification. Its a slippery slope, my friend... and you've just taken your first step onto it.

;) :bigrin:

Doggie_Wood
Sep 22, 2007, 6:02 PM
No, I would say that you're definitely a psycho! The two things are clearly related... it would seem that you find acts of violence sexually arousing... this is known as a "Violence Fetishism" and you should seek help from a psychiatrist immediately. If you don't, you'll end up like the people from that movie "Crash" who deliberately provoked violent situations in order to get their sexual gratification. Its a slippery slope, my friend... and you've just taken your first step onto it.

and the theme of The Twilight Zone is playing gently in the background.:bigrin:
:doggie:

Skater Boy
Sep 22, 2007, 6:20 PM
and the theme of The Twilight Zone is playing gently in the background.:bigrin:
:doggie:

I take it back... I have no qualifications in psychology, so my words might not have been accurate. The best thing to do in this situation is to find out FOR YOURSELF whether you have a Violence Fetish.

Therefore, I suggest that you try violently assaulting a few people, and then masturbating whilst still at the scene of the crime.

You could start off with just bludgeoning someone with a baseball bat, and then slowly work your way up to something like a chainsaw. Testing the level of erotic stimulation you get at each level.

Ofcourse, if it eventually transpires that you are NOT aroused by violence... well, at least this way you will be able to confirm it for certain.

Feel free to tell us the results of your experiment...

when they let you out on parole.

naive
Sep 22, 2007, 9:20 PM
I take it back... I have no qualifications in psychology, so my words might not have been accurate. The best thing to do in this situation is to find out FOR YOURSELF whether you have a Violence Fetish.

Therefore, I suggest that you try violently assaulting a few people, and then masturbating whilst still at the scene of the crime.

You could start off with just bludgeoning someone with a baseball bat, and then slowly work your way up to something like a chainsaw. Testing the level of erotic stimulation you get at each level.

Ofcourse, if it eventually transpires that you are NOT aroused by violence... well, at least this way you will be able to confirm it for certain.

Feel free to tell us the results of your experiment...

when they let you out on parole.

now that type of humour i can appreciate :rolleyes:

shameless agitator
Sep 23, 2007, 2:06 AM
In all seriousness, take it from a nurse, the 2 are probably unrelated. "Morning glory" is perfectly normal and not related to your dreams. Of course if you have any doubts, by all means, follow up on Skater Boy's advice. Make sure you send us vids though:bigrin:

naive
Sep 23, 2007, 3:42 AM
In all seriousness, take it from a nurse, the 2 are probably unrelated. "Morning glory" is perfectly normal and not related to your dreams. Of course if you have any doubts, by all means, follow up on Skater Boy's advice. Make sure you send us vids though:bigrin:

or u can make a video game out of it and call it "natural erection" :bigrin: (for the non-gamers out there, here's the basis of the pun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Selection_%28computer_game%29)

i'm not that creative, so do anybody have any better suggestions? :)

Tx46M
Sep 23, 2007, 7:17 AM
Don't know, I always wake up aroused AND my bi-sexuality side is in overdrive in the early AM and is completely gone during the daytime hours.

:male::2cents:

rmorti
Sep 23, 2007, 7:50 AM
hmm I think i'll pass on the violence, it would be a lot easier if that was one of my buttons, wouldn't need to "seduce" anyone, I could just club em down and it would be like getting laid everytime.
I'll stick with violent output on the old computer games me thinks. I'll let you know if I do start to build a room with peoples heads on the wall.

Skater Boy
Sep 23, 2007, 9:58 AM
Sorry if my comments weren't constructive enough, Rmorti. Perhaps it was the "Scarface" theme to your Myspace page that might've given me the wrong idea...

<insert dodgy Al Pacino impression here>

chook
Sep 23, 2007, 5:06 PM
In Australia a morning glory is what is known as a early morning fuck and what you and millions of men experience every morning when they wake up is commonly known as a piss horn.

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

Skater Boy
Sep 23, 2007, 5:13 PM
In Australia a morning glory is what is known as a early morning fuck and what you and millions of men experience every morning when they wake up is commonly known as a piss horn.

Ah, "Piss Horn"... good name! The number of times I've stumbled outta bed and pissed all over the bathroom floor due to having an unintentional erection surely verges on uncountable.

And tbh, an early morning shag is far more "glorious" than just a boner, n'est ce pas?

rmorti
Sep 23, 2007, 5:55 PM
you see al pacino on my myspace as a man with a machine gun, thats fair enough but I feel you read into it too much. I just think its acool film and a very cool myspace background. Plus if anything, scarface just showed me that a man can achieve anything if he puts his mind to it, sure he did it in the drug world, but i dont mean literally, although it does look like a nice life to live :P Anyway, i was pretty sure it wasnt't because the dream, I've had them like all week and not dreamt otherwise.
Either way ill let you know if I kill anyone/take up my plan to make it big using "hits and cocaine"

Skater Boy
Sep 23, 2007, 6:20 PM
Haha, just pullin' your leg, Rmorti!!!

Scarface is indeed an interesting film. Possibly my favorite part was when he is being questioned by the immigration police, who ask him: "So how about it, Tony... do you like men? Or how about dressing up as a woman?". To which Tony answers: "What are you kiddin' me?! No! FUCK NO!!!" ;) :bigrin:

But joking aside (tee-hee-hee :rolleyes:) I thought the film was a good exploration of the juxtaposition between some aspects of Communism and Capitalism. Tony Montana, a citizen (or rather convict) of the Communist state of Cuba is expelled by Castro, who sees no role for criminals within his regime. He then travels to the good ol' US of A, where he exploits The American Dream (ie. Capitalism) through the illegal drug trade. Interestingly enough, the Capitalist society was portrayed as more tolerant and sympathetic to Montana's cause, compared to the Communist one. And Tony was certainly very keen to make the leap from one country to the other. His eventual downfall came not from the supposed restrictions in place within Capitalist societies, but from his own greed and ill-judgement.

It does imply that both political systems (Communism and Capitalism) are not without their flaws.

But, as is being said repeatedly on the forum lately... media texts are just media texts, and do not necessarily have any basis in reality.

Never-the-less, one should never under-estimate the potential connotations of one's own choice in Myspace wallpaper.

shameless agitator
Sep 23, 2007, 7:36 PM
But joking aside (tee-hee-hee :rolleyes:) I thought the film was a good exploration of the juxtaposition between some aspects of Communism and Capitalism. Tony Montana, a citizen (or rather convict) of the Communist state of Cuba is expelled by Castro, who sees no role for criminals within his regime. He then travels to the good ol' US of A, where he exploits The American Dream (ie. Capitalism) through the illegal drug trade. Interestingly enough, the Capitalist society was portrayed as more tolerant and sympathetic to Montana's cause, compared to the Communist one. And Tony was certainly very keen to make the leap from one country to the other. His eventual downfall came not from the supposed restrictions in place within Capitalist societies, but from his own greed and ill-judgement.

It does imply that both political systems (Communism and Capitalism) are not without their flaws.

But, as is being said repeatedly on the forum lately... media texts are just media texts, and do not necessarily have any basis in reality.

Never-the-less, one should never under-estimate the potential connotations of one's own choice in Myspace wallpaper. What an interesting perspective on the movie! I'm going to have to watch it again now.

Skater Boy
Sep 23, 2007, 7:55 PM
you see al pacino on my myspace as a man with a machine gun, thats fair enough but I feel you read into it too much. I just think its acool film and a very cool myspace background. Plus if anything, scarface just showed me that a man can achieve anything if he puts his mind to it, sure he did it in the drug world, but i dont mean literally, although it does look like a nice life to live :P Anyway, i was pretty sure it wasnt't because the dream, I've had them like all week and not dreamt otherwise.
Either way ill let you know if I kill anyone/take up my plan to make it big using "hits and cocaine"

Rmorti, forgive me if I'm flaming you here, but I think a little more thought is needed in future.

You say that a guy with a machine gun is a "cool Myspace background"? Despite the fact that the figure represents a murderous drug dealer?

OK, drugs issues aside... Tony Montana was a Cuban HITMAN, and his murderous tendancies did NOT stop when he left Cuba.

You have the opportunity to tell (literally) MILLIONS of people something about yourself on a Myspace page, and you CHOOSE to have an image of Tony Montana brandishing an automatic weapon as the very first thing that they see???

What does that say about you?

Furthermore, you suggest Tony Montana is a good role model because he proves that "anything can be achieved if you put your mind to it"

...:confused:

OK, in that case, maybe I'll pick HITLER as my role model (after all, at least he is real, and achieved some degree of personal sucess in his lifetime) and fill my Myspace page with SWASTIKAS and images of the Fuhrer, if thats OK with you?

Perhaps you can see my point? I'm not opposed to media violence, but you really are playing into Sarasvati's hands with this one. Maybe you should think more carefully about what is "cool" and why.

:2cents:

akeeper
Sep 23, 2007, 9:14 PM
I wake up hard on a regular basis. It is nothing to be concerned about.

rmorti
Sep 24, 2007, 5:57 AM
fair enough, but let me clarify on the idea that "anyhting can be done". Yes he does it in ruthless ways that I do not condone, that isnt what I see it as. I just see it as a person who achieved what he wanted to showing anythings possible, thats it though. I don't condone how he did it, I dont support the way it was done, I just like the principle that this man wanted to be the ruler of the underworld and he achieved it.
The only reason I like the fact he achived it is beacuse its a fantasy. Hitler is real and to be honest some radical people do pick him as arole model, personally I never would, i did history in school for 4 years and I know all about Hilter, stalin and mussolini. Again I feel its very different having a picture of scarface, a film, as to having SWASTIKAS, infact I feel its a completely different league of its own and I feel you know that.
Someone who saw my space with pacino brandashing a gun would tend to be "oh this guy likes scareface" whilst someone who had SWASTIKAS would be "wow....this guy supports the nazi regime" Two completely different representations. You also have to be fair myspace is obvioulsy advertising the idea Ilove scareface by having the film cover, an artists concept art of him and the fact it says "scarface".

I just like the background because it looks cool, if people think i have anything to do with big machine guns or I want to be like him no. Its a represensation of my escapism and fantasy, sure i'd love to be a ruler of the underworld...in my dreams! I would love to live in a world were materia was real (final fantasy). I dont think its fair im crucified for my background on myspace, to me its just a background of a good movie, and thats what people should see. If they think its a representation of me in anyway, they truely are reading about it way too much, as i state i love films, its only fair I can have a film as my myspace background...

Skater Boy
Sep 24, 2007, 6:20 AM
Regarding the Nazis versus Murderous Drug Dealers issue: Does it really matter if one is real and the other fictional?

ASSOCIATION is a powerful tool, and by using an image of a (fictional) murderous drug dealer, you become ASSOCIATED with what it stands for.

It would be naive to think that the picture is "just a picture" and nothing more. We both know what Scarface stands for... its a powerful anti-establishment statement, and advocates personal profit at the expense of humaneness and civility.

Even if you cannot see that, you must be able to understand that by using a picture of something, people associate it with you. And each person chooses what sort of "energy" they wish to associate with.

If Scarface had been a (fictional) paedophile instead of a drug dealing murder, would you still have used his image?

No, ofcourse not.

But to some people, murderous drug dealers (fictional or otherwise) are no better than paedophiles.

So when you say something is "cool" I just think its important to understand the system of values that you are buying into.

I'm not "crucifying" you, but if I make you think about what you're doing, then it serves its purpose.

rmorti
Sep 24, 2007, 6:35 AM
I still think comparing Scarface to the nazi regime is in a completely different league. Some people may not like it because its a violent film or what it stands for, I still cant believe anyone would think its anywhere close to as "bad" as the nazi regime, and still think that comparison is just insanely bad.

Ok so I see it as a film I like nothing more. I enjoy showing people that I like films like scarface, of course I indicate I love all films if they read my profile and I believe people wont pick an "energy" about me peronally just from my profile. Obviously it differs from person to person, but I honestly understand that most people see it as "oh he likes that film" then they read my profile to discover what I am like. When I look at people's myspace's I dont realky take any awareness of the background, I read about them, look at photos, and still dont decide until I actualy talk to them.
If someone takes an idea of what im like off a myspace background, then that is just plain ignorant.
Don;t get me wrong, I do understand that I must be awareness of pictures and meanings, as its just like art, they all have meaning. however I still stand by the comparison of scarface to a nazi regime really...well horrible.
Anyway, I got the answer to the issue before and I have enjoyed this debate, but its getting a bit off topic now as we can all see :P so yeah, thanks for the answers about the actual issue.

Skater Boy
Sep 24, 2007, 6:45 AM
I'm not suggesting you're a "Scarface wannabe" ofcourse. Just trying to get you to THINK about the implications of the pictures that you use. After all, enjoying the film is one thing, but plastering the image all over your Myspace page is another. But anyway, we are indeed well offtopic. And I can appreciate that you just enjoyed the film and wanted to express that somehow.

Consider the hatchet buried.

Bihornyguy
Sep 29, 2007, 9:25 AM
After attempting to find answers on the internet and constantly getting lead to a type of animal or the oasis song, I figured you guys could give me some quick insight. Morning glory just happens without stimulation right? Its just the penis getting up during the night and is there when you wake up, because I had a dream about shooting people (it related to a game i've been playing, im not a psycho lol) and I woke up with morning glory, just got a bit worried it was because of my dream....

We call it "Morning wood" here and man I LOVE it! Feels SO DAMN GOOD!

You're normal!

Shadowsurfer
Oct 22, 2007, 1:13 AM
Hi Morning Glory is a natural thing that happens to around 60 to 70% of men, and it is nothing to worry about.

Now to explain why some get morning glory.
- These errections are what we know as reflex errections, which comes from our parrasynpathic nerves. And remember that the penis has a lot of sensitive nerves on the helmet or head. and even though you are sleeping your nerves never close down or stop, and in fact these specific nerves are higthen during our sleep especially with REM. Which causes blood to rush to the fiberious sacks that run along the penis, causing your errection or semi errection. It is caused through arrousal of your dreams but is also a natural reflex reaction to movement. If you have a partner get your partner once you are asleepto play with your penis, he/she will notice that even though you haven't woken up that your penis has gained an errection. From there who knows what he/she will do to you. For all you know you might wake up with a great surprise on you. ;)

So don't worry about waking up with an errection it is all natural, sometime inbarrasing but still natural.

FalconAngel
Oct 22, 2007, 2:51 AM
Also, most dreams, no matter how long they seem to be, only last a couple of seconds. So you could have had a really good dream, that you don't remember, immediately prior to the dream that you woke up having, so you hadn't had time to "relax" before waking.