PDA

View Full Version : Like or Obsession???

Shamrock_115
Sep 17, 2007, 9:51 PM
If there was anywhere I could go to get advice, this would be the site to get it from.
So here's my dilemma:
I am trying to figure out where I stand in my orientation; straight or bi?? I know that I'm not gay, b/c I really like guys, but for most of my life I have felt some attraction to certain females, just never acting on it.
Long ago I felt like I was truly in love with my high school BFF, but I never tried anything or said anything for fear of losing a friend. I moved away after high school and thought that my feelings would go away, but they never did. I finally got the courage after 7 years to tell her how I felt and she politely rejected the idea, but not our friendship :) I was ok, b/c I thought this would probably never happen again.
Then, I met someone who is exactly like me, she shares so many of the same interests as I do and she has so many amazing qualities that I love about her...plus she is extremely beautiful. The feelings became even stonger when she became my roommate, but now that she is dating this guy who is a long time friend of mine, I find myself becoming jealous that she wants to spend all her free time with him and I can just tell she really likes him. I now can not spend any time around them b/c I just get sooo mad and she is becoming upset with me more and more b/c she doesn't understand why I'm so upset about their hooking up. I am afraid to tell her how I feel b/c again, I don't want to lose a friend and I also don't want an akward situation in our house. This is where I don't know if I genuinely like her or if I am an obsessed friend??
BTW, I just recently ended my 6 year relationship with my boyfriend b/c I really want to know where I stand and also if there is someone out there who is as crazy about me as I am them.
Please help, I am becoming so sad, jealous, lost, and pretty much everything else negative that a person can feel and I don't want to spend my life living that way.

shameless agitator
Sep 17, 2007, 10:17 PM
Well Shamrock, you're in the right place. You've stumbled upon a wonderful little family here. Unfortunately (or maybe not?) nobody else can tell you whether you're bi or not. It kind of sounds that way to me, but only you can know for sure. Do you find women sexually attractive? are you romantically drawn to women? If you answered yes to iether or both of these, then there's a good chance you are. It's also possible that you're a lesbian & your attraction to men is nothing more than social conditioning. As far as your friend goes, it sounds like she's already picking up that something's wrong, so wouldn't it be better to get the issue out in the open so she doesn't have to wonder how she's upset you? You'll never know what could have been if you don't talk to her and tell her what you're feeling. Yes, it could blow up in your face & her being a room mate definitely complicates things further, but personally, I would much rather regret what I have done than what I haven't.

DiamondDog
Sep 17, 2007, 10:37 PM
Don't have sex or entertain the idea of a relationship with a roommate/house mate.

It's someone who you live with and you get jealous of how she has sex with guys she hooks up with.

Also since this is your best friend your friendship might get killed if you have sex or a relationship with her as some people can't do this.

Only you know who/what you are.

This is a tool that may help you figure it out but it's only a quiz:

http://www.technostud.com/public/newsite/klein.html