PDA

View Full Version : Do Bisexuals know how to celebrate?

glantern954
Sep 11, 2007, 9:11 PM
What are you doing this National Bisexuality Day?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrate_Bisexuality_Day

naive
Sep 11, 2007, 9:18 PM
i was looking for a day to come out to my first person. if i chicken out on the 23rd, there's always october 11th, national coming out day.

shameless agitator
Sep 11, 2007, 9:27 PM
Didn't know Celebrate Bisexuality Day existed. Isn't that sad? Maybe I'll pick up a guy and a girl, have some fun. Seriously, I'll have to look around & see if there are any events scheduled.

charmed_goddess87
Sep 12, 2007, 5:29 AM
wow! didnt know we had our own day.

glantern954
Sep 13, 2007, 9:29 PM
It seems pretty low-key this year, I have yet to see anything advertised.

Herbwoman39
Sep 13, 2007, 9:52 PM
I'd go to an event if there was something in my area. Wish we had parades and stuff. That would be so much fun!

Reeve
Sep 13, 2007, 10:26 PM
I'm trying to get people I know in my area together and throw a party for it, but I'm not sure if it's gonna work yet.

Not2str8
Sep 14, 2007, 12:09 AM
Is it on a Monday and do we get the day off ? :)

bearisbare
Sep 14, 2007, 2:47 AM
In Toronto, there is a party/cabaret happening on Saturday, Sept. 15th. Details are below:

* Bi Bash 2007: A Celebrate Bisexuality Day Cabaret *

Join the Toronto Bisexual Network for a kick-ass party for bisexuals and our admirers, showcasing local bi talent and performances celebrating bisexuality.

*Burlesque * Gothercize * Spoken Word * Musical Performances * Raffle *

Saturday, September 15, 2007
NOW Lounge, 189 Church Street , Toronto
Doors 7:30, Show 8:00
Cover: $3-5 sliding scale

Featuring Mike Szymanski, co-author of “The Bisexual’s Guide to the Universe” – winner of a 2006 Lambda Award

plus....
- Keira Grant, lyrical acoustic vocals
- Kristine Maitland, sharing tales of corsets, riding crops and the like
- MEA, cellist, singer/songwriter
- Allan & Delia perform a Broadway favourite modified with some "Church Street " lyrics
- Jon Pressick brings you Gothercize
- The WiKiD, performing her own blend of Indie-Burlesque
- Angela Sinclair, singer/songwriter
- Dorianne Emmerton, reading from her new short story “Crazy”
- Dagger Dan displays his roguish pirate charms
- Annanda DeSilva, mixy brown femme poetry of love and rage
- DJ Polybear
and more!

Cheryl Dobinson will be your host for the evening's festivities.

This is an all ages event. Please note that there will be adult content in some performances.

Brought to you by (with proceeds benefiting): the Toronto Bisexual Network.

www.torontobinet.org * info@torontobinet.org *

Although the actual Celebrate Bisexuality Day is happening September 23rd, it was decided to hold this year's event the weekend before so that there were no conflicts with Yom Kippur.
---------
Boston's event has details at www.biresource.org.
---------
Glasgow, Scotland has an event with details as follows:

Sunday 23rd September is International Celebrate Bisexuality Day, and all over the world bisexual people and their friends will be hosting events to mark the occasion. This year, BiScotland will be celebrating in style at the MED Café in Glasgow’s recently-opened LGBT Centre on Bell Street.

The café will be open throughout the afternoon and evening of 23rd, serving food and drinks, including special bi-pride coloured cocktails. There will be a chance to find out about BiScotland and other LGBT groups in the area, as well as music, laughter and some surprises.

DiamondDog
Sep 14, 2007, 8:27 AM
Why celebrate something that's totally natural?

I'm honestly really not that into bisexual groups since they're really cliquey, way too political, a bit of a meat market (I've been approached by people who seemed way too desperate for sex and I just went there to meet people/make friends, and if you want sex that bad just go online or *gasp* actually go out to a bar/club and meet people instead of picking people up at discussion groups.), WAY too PC, and lots of people sitting around being overly sensitive and feeling sorry for themselves (yeah I can get kinda dour/pessimistic myself; but I don't want to join a group that's full of people who bring you down).

I really don't know what I'll be doing on the 23rd as I generally don't plan things ahead.

jedinudist
Sep 14, 2007, 4:59 PM
Cool...

We have our own day :)

Dunno what I'll do. Hmmm...

Have a glass of wine with my wife most likely :D

She has celebrated my orientation more than I have.

glantern954
Sep 14, 2007, 8:10 PM
I am glad I didn't have your experience with bi groups. I have had lots of great experiences with them. I have seen more people looking for a chance to talk about their experiences and feelings than cliques and trollers.

Why celebrate something that's totally natural?

I'm honestly really not that into bisexual groups since they're really cliquey, way too political, a bit of a meat market (I've been approached by people who seemed way too desperate for sex and I just went there to meet people/make friends, and if you want sex that bad just go online or *gasp* actually go out to a bar/club and meet people instead of picking people up at discussion groups.), WAY too PC, and lots of people sitting around being overly sensitive and feeling sorry for themselves (yeah I can get kinda dour/pessimistic myself; but I don't want to join a group that's full of people who bring you down).

I really don't know what I'll be doing on the 23rd as I generally don't plan things ahead.

DiamondDog
Sep 14, 2007, 10:05 PM
I am glad I didn't have your experience with bi groups. I have had lots of great experiences with them. I have seen more people looking for a chance to talk about their experiences and feelings than cliques and trollers.

yeah it was not fun.

As much as I don't like internet interaction with people I've found that in some ways it can be a lot better than face to face interaction at least with that group.

A friend of mine also went to bi groups in NYC in the mid/late 90s just to meet people and he too reported that they were like the one in my area.

Joey*
Sep 14, 2007, 11:51 PM
:) That's Great,I'm glad we have our own day (did'nt know about it).We should!.Wish it was a bigger deal with our own parade and such,maybe one day it will be.There *are things going on and that's fantastic,I don't know how I'll celebrate yet but I'm sure to do something I'll have to think about it,Getting a little excited about it already.
Peace & Love.....:flag4:

Joey*

citystyleguy
Sep 15, 2007, 4:09 AM
thanks for the info! didnt know we had a day! very pc! unfortunately for me, i'll be in an office building here in the city, doing what i usually do. guess i'll have to get some people together and celebrate, now if i could just calendar the damn event. :rolleyes:

LWynn4
Sep 20, 2007, 7:50 PM
FREE BLOWJOBS AND CUNTKISSING FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bipride:

DiamondDog
Sep 20, 2007, 7:55 PM
FREE BLOWJOBS AND CUNTKISSING FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

LWynn4
Sep 20, 2007, 7:58 PM
what? got a problem with oral sex? I love it! too bad I'm not in your neck of the woods diamond dog

DiamondDog
Sep 20, 2007, 8:25 PM
what? got a problem with oral sex? I love it! too bad I'm not in your neck of the woods diamond dog

it was more the annoying huge text in your post.

the hedonism/desperation was a factor too.

don't flatter yourself.

I'm not that desperate for sex, as I can get it very easily if I really want it, and you're not my type.

LWynn4
Sep 20, 2007, 8:55 PM
chhh tease;)

listen if my post offended you for whatever reason I apologize this goes for everybody, just trying to celebrate, yeah?

DiamondDog
Sep 20, 2007, 9:43 PM
chhh tease;)

listen if my post offended you for whatever reason I apologize this goes for everybody, just trying to celebrate, yeah?

I just don't like huge text in posts since it's like someone typing in all caps in a chat room or on IM, that's all.

naive
Sep 21, 2007, 5:12 AM
yeah it was not fun.

As much as I don't like internet interaction with people I've found that in some ways it can be a lot better than face to face interaction at least with that group.

A friend of mine also went to bi groups in NYC in the mid/late 90s just to meet people and he too reported that they were like the one in my area.

both u and skater have made meeting a bi group in person so unappealing. dunno if i'll go thru with it, but i hope it's not all bad if i do.

DiamondDog
Sep 21, 2007, 12:35 PM
both u and skater have made meeting a bi group in person so unappealing. dunno if i'll go thru with it, but i hope it's not all bad if i do.

it's different for everyone.

you might find a group in your area and really like it!

When I lived in a completely rural area and nowhere near a city at all I joined a group of predominantly gay men and partied/hung out with them and made lots of friends this way.

I had hopes for something like this with the bi group I went to but I just had too high expectations.

The groups my friends and I went to were like how I described and poorly organized, very cliquey, a meat market, not too social and more political, and it was hard to meet people who you felt like you actually had something in common with besides your sexuality.

I'm at a point in my life where I'm not into hooking up with people who I don't know, I don't want to sit around mulling and feeling bad for myself/others since monosexuals don't get us, I'm not into being really PC, and I'm not into sexual politics/label obsession.

Also for me it doesn't matter if someone is bisexual or not as I have all types of friends.