PDA

View Full Version : I CAME OUT TO MY MOM GUYS!!!!!

the sacred night
Sep 9, 2007, 10:41 PM
I could not be more excited. I came out to my mom over labor day weekend, and contrary to all expectations, she was COMPLETELY OKAY WITH IT. I was absolutely convinced she would cry, i thought she would be completely devastated, but when i told her i was ready to tell her the truth, she said "i'm ready to hear it." i told her and she said she had suspected for a few months now, and then when i asked her if she suspected i was bi, she said that never crossed her mind. she knew i was really in love with my ex fiance, so the idea that i liked girls just confused her. she says she's praying for me, but it's not that self-righteous "please turn her straight" prayer, just a kind of general prayer that god guides me to whatever his will turns out to be. i'm an atheist, so i don't really see that happening, but it's nice to know she's not going to send me to that turn-you-straight therapy anytime soon. she even talked about me having a girlfriend, telling the rest of the family, etc. and i really didn't think she'd be able to process the idea of me actually dating a girl. overall, i'm just so grateful this has turned out as it has. i feel like i grossly underestimated how much my mom loves me, and i couldn't be more grateful for her right now.

Curious.Cats
Sep 9, 2007, 11:04 PM
"And the Truth shall set you free!"

Congrats!

HighEnergy
Sep 9, 2007, 11:06 PM
It's nice to hear a positive story. Thank you. I hope you and your mom can keep the lines of communication and love and acceptance open.

anne27
Sep 9, 2007, 11:26 PM
Awesome! I'm so happy for you! :D

bookworm
Sep 9, 2007, 11:44 PM
Bravo! Enjoy!

shameless agitator
Sep 10, 2007, 12:00 AM
That's terriffic! I love stories where the family reacts the way they should

onewhocares
Sep 10, 2007, 12:14 AM
Sacred,

I also want to say congratulations that you came out to your mom. Moms sometimes have a way of surprising us. Keep talking ans sharing with her and you will find you have found more than a mom, perhaps a friend.

Belle

bim469ky
Sep 10, 2007, 12:34 AM
Congrats, hope whenevr I come out to my parents they are that ok with it.:bipride:

kitten
Sep 10, 2007, 12:41 AM
Great! Congrats and I am so happy that you had a positive experience with your mom! I am very proud of you and wish you the best!

TashaSW
Sep 10, 2007, 1:02 AM
Congrats :)

My mom still has trouble believing Im a lesbian but she has said "I just want you to be happy, whenever its a man or a woman" lol

I had also learned she doesn't believe in Bisexually other than to say its just people who are very confused.
(this was when I thought I may be bisexual but I have since learned Im a lesbian... thanks to the help from this site :) )

ForbiddenWindow
Sep 10, 2007, 3:39 AM
I envy you Sacred, some of us do not have that free way to openly express our sexuality. I wish to say congratulations on your well earned endeveours.

Life should be pretty much easier with your family now that its happened.

o.0 is it just me or are people getting courage from "choices" these days?

LEBBW1968
Sep 10, 2007, 3:43 AM
Congrats! That's so great!:bigrin:

Doggie_Wood
Sep 10, 2007, 9:20 AM
I envy you Sacred, some of us do not have that free way to openly express our sexuality. I wish to say congratulations on your well earned endeveours.

Life should be pretty much easier with your family now that its happened.

o.0 is it just me or are people getting courage from "choices" these days?

Congrats to ya Sacred. I am happy for you.

FW - Both the courage and the choices have always been there, they sometimes are buried and you have to dig a little deeper for them.

MarieDelta
Sep 10, 2007, 11:34 AM
Great! Fantastic!

Congratulations :bigrin:

thank you for sharing this good news with us :bigrin:

Abbey Road
Sep 10, 2007, 1:26 PM
Hi Sacred, that`s champion news!! Bet you feel better for it!?!?

I`m not out to my parents, though I`d like to be.

Abbey Road.:bibounce::wiggle2::paw:

LoveLion
Sep 11, 2007, 2:42 AM
Just gotta throw in my congrats as well. Way to go! :bigrin:

darkeyes
Sep 11, 2007, 6:57 AM
Triff or ya hun..me reely chuffed for ya... me mum an dad brought me up 2 b who an wot me wanted 2 b not who they or the world thot me shud b..but even me wos shittin emself bout tellin em even tho me knew they wud b fiine wiv it. Ther always a naggin doubt. But 1ce ya mum an dad know an r ok wiv it...give ya the pat on the head an the blessin..the worlds ya oyster...

B happy babes..may y dreams b gud an ya kismet kind...:female:

the mage
Sep 11, 2007, 9:49 AM
Excellent. you will both be happier and YOU will be safer. Your having the ability to have her as someone to talk to is huge... Congrats.