PDA

View Full Version : Article: MTV to air bisexual dating show.

DiamondDog
Sep 9, 2007, 6:53 AM
Yes I'm glad they're including people like me on mainstream TV, instead of the usual dichotomy of being only gay or hetero; but why do they have to have a bi woman who everyone will fawn all over and worship?

I hope they make this a mixed/multi gender bisexual dating show and have both men, women, and transgendered/transsexual people.

Of course this is MTV so I don't want those vapid shallow yet foxy people who are protected from the wolves anyway!

OK the wolves thing is an inside joke. A friend and I we watched Miss South Carolina's speech and he told me "God makes people pretty yet stupid so they get other pretty yet stupid people to surround them to protect them from the wolves!"

I've been getting back to my roots and reading books I read in highschool like Bret Easton Ellis' first novel, "Less Than Zero" that's full of vapid, nihilistic, and sometimes downright sadistic, (not in the SM way mind you!) blonde affluent bisexual cokehead twinks/surfer boys and girls in early 1980s Los Angeles.

I should probably put on the Dead Kennedy's song "MTV get off the air!" while I write this but I'm listening to some dance music instead. :)

For all those wondering yes the deerskin flogger in the pic is mine. I don't use it all that much at all and it's VERY light and thuddy and not very painful at all. I posted the pic of it because if I could give MTV's execs a good flogging I gladly would!

No I don't plan on watching this show since I don't like MTV and they don't show actual music videos anymore and the last time I actually watched MTV Kurt Cobain was alive.

http://www.nyblade.com/thelatest/thelatest.cfm?blog_id=14218

MTV to air bisexual dating show
'A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila' airs Oct. 9
LOS ANGELES (AP) | Sep 7, 2:17 PM

A bisexual dating show featuring a woman who gained fame on MySpace is in the works for MTV.

"A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila," in which 16 men and 16 women will compete for Tequila's affections, is set to debut Oct. 9 on the cable channel, Television Week reported Thursday.

"Tila Tequila made a name for herself by doing things her way, captivating legions of fans online, both men and women," said MTV executive Tony DiSanto. "Now she is taking that attitude and sex appeal to her own TV series where she is looking for a mate ... by again, captivating a group of both men and women."

Tequila's MySpace page includes racy photos, her music and a Time magazine description of the singer-model-actress-blogger (born Tila Nguyen) as an Internet sensation and "the Madonna of MySpace."

ShyBritInMI
Sep 9, 2007, 8:41 AM
well like you said it is mtv, so you know it will be toned down in the sense that it will be aimed at both men and women, but only to the men because they all know straight and bi men like lesbians and especially to watch them.

it would be interesting to see bi men and women, even a mix of experienced and non experienced (like me), as its mtv you are guaranteed to get loud, rude people that you just want to punch in the face, rather then the shy, maybe slightly outgoing man or woman most of us would like.

i cant remember the last time i saw a music video on mtv either, european mtv is just as bad as in america!.

deeTM
Sep 9, 2007, 9:57 AM
Of course this is MTV so I don't want those vapid shallow yet foxy people who are protected from the wolves anyway!

My guess is that it will be the typical type of show that MTV has been turning out for the last 10 to 15 years. I do like to watch videos but it seems that's something that is being pushed aside for the reality/dating/whatever the crap is that MTV (and VH1) seem to be putting on these days.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed that they re-use some of the same people on different shows. I could be mistaken of course since I really only end up watching when the kids do, lol.

azirish
Sep 9, 2007, 7:00 PM
It's MTV, so that only means one thing. I've seen a few episodes of their other dateing shows, you know the "alternative" version ones. In every episode they futhered the sterotype that the only gay men (or bi) are the bend wrist super-fem, flambouyant types. Of the two episodes I caught, one even had the guy wearing a dress! Naturally the "bi" or lesbians were are cookie cutter "lip-stick" types that are made for TV types. I guess they want to keep it friendly to the masses, as I always hear its "trendy" for females to experiment, just don't mention sometimes its not just the females.

shameless agitator
Sep 9, 2007, 7:14 PM
Being MTV I will probably need a bottle of scotch and wind up yelling at the television, but I'm going to watch it. If nothing else it will be good for media literacy classes.

the sacred night
Sep 9, 2007, 11:03 PM
Ugh. I can't imagine that watching this show would do anything other than piss me off. Aside from completely ignoring male bisexuality, a grevious offense in itself, it also shows only the narrowest, most stereotypical view of female bisexuality and female sexuality in general. i'm with shameless agitator.

KR2007
Sep 9, 2007, 11:12 PM
LOL!! Isn't all just entertainment? I'm just glad that this time around its a woman who is calling the shots. Yeah they will all act like IDIOTS!! But its entertainment for us. I will definitely watch it.

wanderingrichard
Sep 10, 2007, 1:48 AM
naw, wont watch it.. like you guys have said already, too much predictable b.s. stereotypical shit.

lost all respect for them when they stopped playing music 24/7 and went to that "(un)reality" based pablum for the masses chit:2cents:

LEBBW1968
Sep 10, 2007, 3:38 AM
I hope they make this a mixed/multi gender bisexual dating show and have both men, women, and transgendered/transsexual people.

I guess this show is a baby step in the right direction, towards recognition and acceptance. And someday (hopefully) we will be able to see a bigger bisexual presence on TV. Just in my short 38 years (LOL) I've noticed huge changes. 20 years ago there would have never been a show on network TV like "Will & Grace". And there would NEVER have been shows like "Queer as Folk" & "The L Word" on cable TV.:2cents:

(((Although... I do have one gripe against the makers of the USA "Queer as Folk" when they had one of the main characters say "It's ok to like cock and it's ok to like pussy, just not at the same time." But I'll forgive them since I think the show is fuckin awesome!)))

BTW... love the flogger! There's nothing wrong with a nice flogging from time to time. LOL!:bigrin: