PDA

View Full Version : This Is A Small Native Town

sexybicplinwv
Sep 7, 2007, 3:01 PM
A few day's ago a man life was taken in this small town because he was. (((Gay))) He was beat so bad that he did not no the year than he what in to a coma for just a few day's... Are local chief of police said all the eye witness was under the infusion so no statement's was taken at that time.... Well this is how I feel about this, This was a ((Hate Crime)) in this small ass town... My heart out to this (((Family))), No I didnot no this man,but insome ways I guest I did:bipride:.......Peace Be With Him..:female:

TashaSW
Sep 7, 2007, 3:18 PM
Thats sad :(

As much as I hate my town, I do know being gay or lesbian is "no big deal" and a lot of people here are bisexual.

Azrael
Sep 7, 2007, 3:33 PM
Thats sad :(

As much as I hate my town, I do know being gay or lesbian is "no big deal" and a lot of people here are bisexual.

Even in an area like where I'm at (Tampa) you ALWAYS have to watch your back. Get 15 minutes east of Tampa and you're back in "the south will rise again" country.
I don't have a violent impulse to speak of, I am a creature of peace. But I always carry a good sized blade or two and wear my steel-toes. I'd rather have weapons I don't need than be caught without weapons that I DO need. Fuck that shit, I ain't hitting the pavement without AT THE VERY LEAST a severe loss of someone else's blood.

Skater Boy
Sep 7, 2007, 4:08 PM
Homophobia is everywhere. Well, MOST places, anyway. Its just that sometimes its not seen because it lurks below the surface. But you don't have to go far to experience it... even in a "supposedly progressive" city like London, its alive and well. A similar sort of thing happened here a while back, and its probably not an isolated incident. I sometimes wonder if a society without any form of homophobia is actually possible.

12voltman59
Sep 7, 2007, 4:14 PM
It could be that your local chief law enforcer is sorta looking the other way on this case--not surprising----it happens like that in many places---such things do seem to take place more often in smaller, out of the way places--it is easy for this to happen when the victim is "not a normal person."

Law enforcement may already have an idea who is/are the culprit(s) already and don't like where the chips would fall on that score--

I'd say if you feel your local law enforcement is not doing enough on the case---contact the state police/highway patrol to see what they say--probably that they don't have jurisdiction on the case unless you have hard evidence the locals aren't doing their job---and then the next step is calling the State Attorney General's Office---

You did not provide quite enough information about the incident and it could of course be true that even when there are plenty of witnesses---based on the fact the victim is a "goddamned faggot"--"there ain't nobody that seen a thing!!" so the police can't do much if no one steps forward and does the right thing...

The only real hope is that the guy survives, is not a vegetable and knew who his attacker or attackers were and he tells the police--if they don't do anything in that case--they are clearing not doing their duty in this instance.

Keep us informed---it will be interesting to see how this plays out....

Hopefully-he does recover and identifies the attacker or attackers--they get arrested, prosecuted and sentenced to a relatively fair sentence in line with other sentences in such cases, irrespective of the sexual orientation of the victim in question---and if West (By God) Virigina is like most other states --those who did this attack can face additional charges of being a "hate crime."

shameless agitator
Sep 7, 2007, 4:29 PM
Unfortunately this is all too common. I'm with Az on this one. No matter how safe the environment seems you have to be ready to defend yourself