PDA

View Full Version : bisexuality from the other side of the fence

Long Duck Dong
Sep 6, 2007, 11:25 PM
I have some awesome friends.... and some of them are not bi or gay.... they are straight

I noticed in bisexual.com, that many bisexuals are defending their rights to bisexual encounters... based around the fact that they have needs, wants and desires and that other sexualities just don't understand us.....

a couple of my heterosexual friends... think that its bisexuals that don't listen....

so lets look at the common so called bisexual myths and truths, from a open point of view

1 ) bisexuals are not able to remain faithful or commit

thats actually a interesting question.....mainly cos you have to draw a line in the sand and say thats where all bisexuals stand.....lol.... thats like saying all americans support GW bush..... lol

first define faithful..... are we talking about faithful as in having only one partner ( monogamous ) or having a main partner ( relationship or spousal partner ) and a long term casual sex partner on the side ???

the fact is that bisexuals can be faithful.... its a matter of choice, if they choose to... and the most hilarious part about that, is that often the people that are judging the bisexuals, have no claim to fame as faithful or monogamous people, themselves

faithfulness is in the mind of the person deciding what is regarded as *faithfulness *... hence a bisexual can be one of 3 types of faithful

one, they are monogamous and stay with one part only

two they are in a long term partnership / relationship / marriage and have a long term partner on the side, which everybody agrees to

three, they are not in a relationship but they have long term sex partners that they are faithful to

as for commitment, people commit to something that they wish to invest time and energy into... and a relationship or marriage is no different.... and nor are gays, les, trans or heteros.....

the aspect of faithfulness is simply seen as being monogamous......
now if you define cheating..... you open up the worlds largest can of worms

in the bible, infidelity is defined as looking at a person with desire in your heart and mind..... and in that case, most of the world cheats every day
but the world likes to define cheating as a act with another person, outside of your relationship and thats where bisexuals create new * rules * to justify their actions as they go along
but the rule justifying, is not confined to bisexuals.... every sexuality does it, and not just to justify sexual encounters either

so can bisexuals be faithful or commit ??? lol simply the answer is yes..... but the same question can be asked of any sexuality...

2 ) bisexuals are more likely to spread aids than any other sexuality

fucking bullshit.... sexuality doesn't spread aids, stupidity does....

there is a thing in the world called SAFE SEX.....it applies to all sexualities, not just bisexuals....its just that in the bisexual community, we have a lot of risk takers... and thats why the aids count is higher amongst bisexuals..... that any the official reporting stats are something that you can never fully rely on to be dead accurate

if anybody can prove to me, that being bisexual places me at a greater risk from aids / hiv, I wanna see it......

sexuality is the type of attraction you have towards different people...... if feeling that you like somebody more than the person standing next to them, places you at risk of getting aids / hiv... we are all in the shit

unsafe sex, and drug usage are the two highest risk factors..... that and unsafe sex with somebody from a country that has the worlds highest aids infection levels......
unsafe sex and drug usage is not a bisexual only trait.... nor is stupidity.... but its stupidity that spreads aids / hiv

UNSAFE SEX and SHARING NEEDLES is STUPID.....hence stupidity is likely to spread aids / hiv more than being bisexual

3 ) bisexuals will fuck anything that moves

what a dumb statement......we do not have the time or the energy to fuck everything that moves, hence we only fuck the good looking stuff......lmao

seriously..... bisexuals have brains, unlike the people that think we fuck anything that moves......

some bisexuals are out to * get their fuck quota * before they die.....but that again applies to all sexualities, its not a bisexual trait only

most bisexuals has a attraction level that they use as a guideline for selecting unsuitable partners... it may be good looks, a good body, the way the person makes them feel...or it could be the fact that the bisexual is pissed......
but they are hardly gonna fuck everything that moves......

beside some of the people that think that bisexuals are that randy, are people that are so ugly, that nobody would sleep with them, even a sex mad bisexual

4 ) all bisexuals think about, is sex....

lmao.... its true.... we are constantly thinking about getting fucked....
its either the tax dept, the goverment, our job, the health system, the lawyers etc.... no matter what it is, somebody is fucking us and yes we think about them a lot, so the statement is pretty much correct
but the statement applies to all sexualities cos all of us are getting fucked in one way or another, not just sexually

5 ) bisexuals are just confused about their sexuality....

lmao thats a reverse statement, cos its true about a lot of non bisexuals.... we know we are bisexual.... we wish other people would decide if they are heteros that sleep with both genders, or gays that sleep with both genders....
us bisexuals know we sleep with both genders, thats why we call ourselves bisexuals..... lol... and we call other people, liars....lol
interestingly enuf, we never hear of the term *closet bisexual *

6 ) bisexuals are discriminated against.....

lmao... I have a better term for it ... its called biased and jealous people that have nothing better to do with their time than make life hard for people that don't deserve it

discrimination is in the mind of the people that feel that they are discriminated against

one of the easiest things in the world to do, is cry * discrimination *..... one of the hardest things in the world to do, is prove that its discrimination against you unfairly..... and that you have not acted in a manner that provokes people

I am not gonna address discrimination any more, cos its simply and bluntly a hot issue with so many different opinions and I can't be fucked debating it

bisexuality in a nutshell

all sexualities in the world, share the same traits as the bisexual, in one form or another....
from the uptight people that think that looking at a person is paramount to lust .. to the people that think that a missed sexual encounter is paramount to the end of the world as we know it, we are no different

we are simply human, and desire love, affection, understanding and respect

and yet again, that applies to all other sexualities.....

to the many non bisexuals that judge us..... get over it.......

we do not wish to commit to you..... we like genuine people... not control freaks

we are not the worlds greatest aids risk.... its stupid people that are the risk....and its stupid people that blame bisexuals for it

we will not fuck everything that moves.... and that is why you are still a virgin

we are thinking about sex right now, we are hoping that you will either get fucking over it, fuck off or go fuck yourself.... cos we are actually thinking about whats for dinner

we are not confused about our sexuality.... its you that are confused about our sexuality

bisexuals will always be discriminated against... thats the trouble with being awesome..... everybody hates the fact they can't all be like us

lol

god I love being a bisexual....:bigrin::bigrin::bigrin::bigrin::bigri n::bigrin:

parkwings
Sep 6, 2007, 11:48 PM
I have'nt read a lot of posts here where bisexuals are defending thier "right" to bisexual encounters.

Seems to me, most give this issue genuine, sincere thought. Most seem to care about thier partners feelings etc, no?

AdamKadmon43
Sep 7, 2007, 12:15 AM
WOW.....

I am just so very amazed and completely awe-stuck by your incredible intellectual superiority that I am at a total loss as to how to reply...... I can only hope and trust that perhaps someday my humble little self will have reached such great heights of awareness as you seem to have accomplished, and soar to the great heights that you have achieved. Alas, I fear that very well may not happen, as I am but a lowly and ordinary human who has not had the good fortune of possessing your remarkable abilities.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Adam

DiamondDog
Sep 7, 2007, 12:48 AM
WOW.....

I am just so very amazed and completely awe-stuck by your incredible intellectual superiority that I am at a total loss as to how to reply...... I can only hope and trust that perhaps someday my humble little self will have reached such great heights of awareness as you seem to have accomplished, and soar to the great heights that you have achieved. Alas, I fear that very well may not happen, as I am but a lowly and ordinary human who has not had the good fortune of possessing your remarkable abilities.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Adam

:eek:

Long Duck Dong
Sep 7, 2007, 3:54 AM
roflmao, adam... I am sorry that you think that a half drunk and overly bored me, is far superior in intelligence to you and profoundly far greater than any level that you could hope to achieve

you may wish to pat yourself on the back, as your attempt at sarcasm and wit is quite a good effort..... but since you feel that you lack any great ability to attempt such a differcult maneuver, I would suggest that you just continue to sit quiet and drool all over your keyboard

because your plight saddens me to a great extent, I wish to offer you a simple piece of advice that may greatly aid you with your interactions with others

GROW UP!!!!!!!!

LEBBW1968
Sep 7, 2007, 5:51 AM
lol... I enjoyed your rant!:bigrin:

I understand the feelings behind what you said. I have noticed some of the same prejudices that you mentioned since I came out as bi.

IMHO... the more bisexuals that come out, especially those in the public eye, the better we will be accepted. It will take some time, but eventually we will be seen as a legitimate sexual orientation, instead of as "heteros who are experimenting" or "gays who are passing as hetero".

:2cents:I also believe that more "poly" people need to come out. I know it's going to be slow in coming, in this largely monogamous society. But how do you say "I have a boyfriend AND a girlfriend" and have people REALLY understand it and accept it? I guess a person just needs to live at peace with their own lifestyle and not give a shit what other people think.
:bipride:

darkeyes
Sep 7, 2007, 6:58 AM
All yas sayin Duckie..is we r a' Jock Tamsons bairns..... Bi Str8 or gay or owt else... we r human.... wiv all the fallibilities na frailties of our kind....

naive
Sep 7, 2007, 7:11 AM
can't agree more with darkeyes. breaking the rant down to its lowest common denominator, everyone's the same, sexuality makes no difference other than who ur attracted to.

i assume that before many bisexuals found themselves, some believed any or all of those myths.

the mage
Sep 7, 2007, 7:34 AM
You cannot defend your lifestyle against the ignorant.
Stop trying.

Just live your life and let them live theirs.
It would be nice if everyone did.

naive
Sep 7, 2007, 7:37 AM
i think LDD is friends with "the ignorant", that's why he needs to try.

Long Duck Dong
Sep 7, 2007, 7:49 AM
roflmao, niave.... you should really get to know me better.....

ignorance is just another way of saying that people want to have their say without having the faintest idea what they are talking about

hence most of the people that trash bisexuals and bisexuality, have no idea what bisexuality is all about

biwords
Sep 7, 2007, 10:17 AM
Not sure where Adam was at with his comment -- seems to me LDD did a pretty good and comprehensive job of answering some of the common objections to bisexuality (though I must say I've heard more about those objections in this forum than I have from people outside it). In answering the 'bisexuals will sleep with anyone' comment there are probably better answers than 'but not with ugly people like you'...for example, one could ask where the data is comparing the number of partners bisexuals have with the number that purely gay or purely straight people have? In most instances, though, the Mage is right, defending one's lifestyle is unnecessary. If people feel a need to attack you for your membership in a group, walking away is usually a perfectly adequate response.

naive
Sep 7, 2007, 10:26 AM
ignorance is just another way of saying that people want to have their say without having the faintest idea what they are talking about

my "ignorant" remark was only in response to the mage's comment that u shouldn't try to defend ur lifestyle against ur "heterosexual friends". i'm not suggesting that u make it a point to befriend ignorant ppl.

i thought the point of ur thread was to defend ur lifestyle and i was just tryin to figure out y u felt u needed to.

AdamKadmon43
Sep 7, 2007, 10:31 AM
Oh, don't pay any attention to me..... I am just a asshole.

Adam

Long Duck Dong
Sep 8, 2007, 12:11 AM
thats the trouble... naive....lol people take what I say as a rant and a defence...... its not, its giving others ideas on how to deal with the homo / bi phobic people in the world

the other thing is that I am celibate....( non sexual )... hence I have more trouble getting people to understand that, then bisexuality

so I don't need to defend my sexual behievour, or my sexuality

naive
Sep 8, 2007, 2:26 AM
thanks for straightening things out. i think some people (including me) assumed u were defending ur sexuality because ur first post appeared as tho u were pointing out the mythconceptions of bisexuality to ur hetero friends.

i hope that some ppl can get something useful out of it. i think the point of the subsequent posts was that if u don't want to have to deal with homo/bi phobic people in that way, u don't have to.