PDA

View Full Version : 15 things to expect from ChickFlicks. (For Guys)

ForbiddenWindow
Sep 5, 2007, 9:38 PM
If you and your girlfriend have been together for a while, or bf/bf whatever the like and you have run into some sappy movies. Here's 25 things that will amuse you and you can easily predict the outcome of the movie and impress your guy/girl.

1.) Expect some sort of drama (mostly between women can sometimes be between men trying to get a girl)
2.) There will usually be a breakup as a climax point in the movie followed by mushy "I miss yous"
3.) Most chick flicks usually depict the arrogant boyfriend who think he knows everything. Some movies will be inverse / vise versa.
4.) Expect some romance. If not I mis understated. If there is. I'll be damned *your watching a chick flick.*
5.) If your guy/girl wants to watch one, they might just happen to like them or they may be going through a sensitive time at the moment.
6.) Expect cheep pickup lines.
7.) Expect a inconclusive plot line. You will have to add a+b and go from there. If you can you can already understand what some women appreciate or dislike. Congrats to you homie.
8.) If a breakup does happen in a movie there will usually be a truce and more mushy stuff.
9.) Sometimes a chick flick will totally throw you, and you'll be left with your jaw dropped going "how the hell did i miss that?"
10.) Chick flicks can trash men. I'm dead serious.
11.) You might actually be impressed with the plot, and decide to try some new moves.
12.) There will always be an in crowd and an outsider.
13.) You will want to escape some how during it due to a bad plot.
14.) Admit it you think the lead female actress is hot.
15.) You wont admit it to your girlfriend or wife that you enjoyed the movie due to egotistical standards. =)

Thaaats a wrap folks.
FW.

biwords
Sep 5, 2007, 11:21 PM
OK, I admit it -- I loved "Kate and Leopold". (hides head in hands)

Any other guys want to 'come out' on the subject of their fave chick flick?

Vuarra
Sep 6, 2007, 1:00 AM
If you and your girlfriend have been together for a while, or bf/bf whatever the like and you have run into some sappy movies. Here's 25 things that will amuse you and you can easily predict the outcome of the movie and impress your guy/girl.

1.) Expect some sort of drama (mostly between women can sometimes be between men trying to get a girl)

Expect a lot of drama.

3.) Most chick flicks usually depict the arrogant boyfriend who think he knows everything. Some movies will be inverse / vise versa.

If it is vice versa, then it's not a chick flick anymore, it's a male-oriented comedy.

5.) If your guy/girl wants to watch one, they might just happen to like them or they may be going through a sensitive time at the moment.

Or you should go through everything you have done in your life, because s/he has just realized you peed your pants when you were two, or something else that has upset him/her.

6.) Expect cheep pickup lines.

That would never work except outside a hooker's convention... maybe not even then.

7.) Expect a inconclusive plot line. You will have to add a+b and go from there. If you can you can already understand what some women appreciate or dislike. Congrats to you homie.

I'd probably re-word that to "Expect more plots twists and turns than a red licorice from Twizzler's"

8.) If a breakup does happen in a movie there will usually be a truce and more mushy stuff.

And don't expect the mushy stuff to show any naughty bits.

10.) Chick flicks can trash men. I'm dead serious.

NO! Depressed women need to trash men? What were they thinking????

11.) You might actually be impressed with the plot, and decide to try some new moves.

perplexxed would probably look at me if I tried any of the "new moves", and ask me where the f#*k I got them from, Chris Rock?

12.) There will always be an in crowd and an outsider.

Just like real life.

13.) You will want to escape some how during it due to a bad plot.

I can tell from the title if I want to escape from it... then I rent the DVD, and give it to the ol' lady to watch while I go and floss the cat's teeth.

14.) Admit it you think the lead female actress is hot.

Actually, the best thing about having a bi-wife is that we can have Serious Discussions of WHY the lead actress is hot.

15.) You wont admit it to your girlfriend or wife that you enjoyed the movie due to egotistical standards. =)

I have admitted to such... I have also admitted that I just wanted a reason to see the lead in a bikini so I can crank myself later. :bigrin:

Sorry, FW, if I seemed to be cutting you up, not my intent at all.... I just don't like the genre... much like my partner does not like sports.

ForbiddenWindow
Sep 6, 2007, 2:03 AM
I'm actually quite amused by the genre of "Chique" But I dont really watch it that much. Your audacious satire made it extremely comical.