PDA

View Full Version : In the New's Today

sexybicplinwv
Sep 5, 2007, 7:09 PM
Nuclear bombs mistakenly flown over((U.S.)) 1Hour,2minutes ago... Washington-A-B_52 bomber was mistakenly armed with six nuclear warheads and flown for more than three hours across several state last week. Prompting an Air Force investigate and the firing of one Commander.. Pentagon Offcials. Said Wenday.. :yikes2:

Emma7669
Sep 5, 2007, 11:37 PM
Missing from that report is that they were disarmed and heading to a location where they could be decommissioned.

FalconAngel
Sep 6, 2007, 12:27 AM
I have more faith in the Air Force transporting nukes by plane than any one else transporting them by train or truck.

gb11vt18
Sep 6, 2007, 12:35 AM
Yeah I would like to trust our Air Force in handeling the nukes and transporting them I would think that takeing them by plane in a US Air Force Plane would be the safest way to transport them to where ever they need to go.

LoveLion
Sep 6, 2007, 1:56 AM
Still kinda scary to hear that there was room for confusion and mistakes made when dealing with such a deadly item

darkeyes
Sep 6, 2007, 3:00 AM
Wudn trust the military of ne country 2 do eff all cept kill peeps... by accident or design.. havin faith in the military is like havin faith in ya government.. badly misplaced!

the mage
Sep 6, 2007, 8:28 AM
My attitiude is.... so what?!

Truck transport of nuclear waste, equally dangerous as a bomb in a populated area, happens daily all over N.A.

There are dozens of trucks running across Ont daily with fuel rods in them.
Good idea to not hit them..... but if hit the containers survive well.

Azrael
Sep 6, 2007, 9:07 AM
Wudn trust the military of ne country 2 do eff all cept kill peeps... by accident or design.. havin faith in the military is like havin faith in ya government.. badly misplaced!

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. I don't think we should forget that the American Military sunk 7 Billion into the development of a "gay bomb".
Faith is good, rational analysis is better.

Oh, here's this:
http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_159222541.html

Azrael
Sep 6, 2007, 9:09 AM
My attitiude is.... so what?!

What else is new?
:tong:

darkeyes
Sep 6, 2007, 9:47 AM
Nowt but tragedy war famine disease an mans inhumanity 2 man as usual hun! :(

MarieDelta
Sep 6, 2007, 11:36 AM
I hate to step in here, but as usual I open my big mouth.

Having been a service member I can say without a doubt that our service men are doing their best to do their duty. Should they be trusted with the power that they have to destroy most of civilization? Probably not, but who would you trust to do this in place of them?

the bombs were transported, and no one was hurt, thank God.

darkeyes
Sep 6, 2007, 1:41 PM
Me wudn trust the miltary or ther political bosses far as me cud throw Pervio!!! An since me prob cudn even lift the ole goat ya know jus how far that is!!!!:tong:

vices2habits
Sep 6, 2007, 1:54 PM
...said military officials at the Pentagon.

The warheads were supposed to have been removed from the missiles... and the flight crew had no idea they were carrying nuclear-tipped missiles.

For the duration of the flight, the Air Force lost track of six nuclear warheads... as Maj. General Don Shepperd (USAF Ret.) said, it's "a major gaffe."

The squad commander responsible for the munitions has been relieved of duty, and several others have been "decertified" from handling nuclear weapons.

Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell stated that the incident had been quickly reported up to the highest levels... including SecDef Gates and, said Morrell: "I can also tell you that it's important enough that President Bush was notified of it."

If they think it was that big and that important of a mistake, I'm taking their word for it.

Its worrrisome sloppiness... just another indicator of a military run ragged by the heightened tempo of operations.

oralplus
Sep 6, 2007, 6:01 PM
Dont forget that a B52 with 4 nuk. bombes crashed flying over Spain some years a go !!!!! Why cant happend now? specialy having in consideration than the pilots did not know what they had on board... Trust the military or the goverment ????? you must be joking. Accidents happend.

LoveLion
Sep 7, 2007, 2:10 AM
Just another example of why even having nuclear weapons is completely and utterly stupid