PDA

View Full Version : Where do you like to go.....?

Toad82
Sep 4, 2007, 2:10 AM
I am curious where everyone likes to go for his or her favorite vacation. I want to go on vacation, but cannot think of where to go and am hoping this might give me an idea. I am also really interested in international travel ideas for those not in the US. Thanks for any replies,

RJ:lokai:

darkeyes
Sep 4, 2007, 2:17 AM
Ther only 1 place... Paris.. city of culture romance cafes clubs an yummie women.. an guys 2 ifya likes that sorta thing...tee hee.. an let me add.. who lives ther??? The luffly JD imself!! Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Besides..its cheap for me.. me best m8 lives ther.. tee hee. Wer cud b betta??:bigrin:

biwords
Sep 4, 2007, 7:42 AM
Anywhere with a really fine public art gallery, e.g. Washington D.C., New York, Boston, and yes, Ottawa (National Gallery of Canada).

the mage
Sep 4, 2007, 8:23 AM
North shore of Lake superior.
No cities.
No crowds.
Few people.

Azrael
Sep 4, 2007, 8:24 AM
Denver, occasionally DC.

LoveLion
Sep 4, 2007, 3:27 PM
Depends on how much your willing to spend and the kind of vacation you want.

If your looking for a relaxing vacation then there are some great places in the Caribbean. My favorite is Cuba. Its cheap, its just as beautiful as any of the other countries around there, the people are the nicest I have ever met anywhere on earth, and there is no Americanization, so you wont find any big ugly hotels, or seedy strip malls of touristy booths. You wont find a single fast food place on the island, even things like the hand dryers in the bathroom are made in Russia.

Theres also Mexico, but Its not the best or the cheapest place in the Caribbean, its kinda overrated. The Dominican is also a very nice place.

If your looking for more of an adventure on your vacation, then try going somewhere more exotic and to some exploring. Work your way up the Nile in Egypt, or travel around china and eastern Asia. Those kinds of places will give you a whole new perspective on things and you will see some of the most amazing things in the world.

If you want to do more of a sight seeing vacation, Italy, Greece or France are great places to go. Italy has so many great sites, Florence, Rome, Pisa, Venice, Sisely, etc. France has Paris, an Amazing city and make sure you check out the south of France, because it is gorgeous.

If your looking to party, then there isnt a bigger party in the world then London. London is so huge and here is always sooo much going on. Youll find some of the craziest clubs there and you can also visit Ireland or Scotland for a few days easily from London.

If your looking for a good mix of relaxation, sightseeing and fun, go on a Mediterranean cruise. You get the relaxation of being on the sea, you get to stop and see the highlights of the area (France, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Egypt, etc) and there are always some parties going on on the ship.

NakedInSeattle
Sep 4, 2007, 5:54 PM
Nude cruise to the Caribbean. Hands (and pants) down favorite!

Fire Lotus
Sep 4, 2007, 9:42 PM
I'm a water baby. I'd love to go someplace tropical or coastal.

oceans
Sep 4, 2007, 9:57 PM
Tofino British Columbia

sand, sun, surf, hiking, very few people

FalconAngel
Sep 5, 2007, 12:17 AM
Well, we spent our honeymoon in Yosemite and it was great, but we are going to Gettysburg for our anniversary and Anywhere in the UK, except London (tourist England) is great. See it like a native and a good time is practically guaranteed.

Of course, if I went back to the UK, I would HAVE to visit Scotland and Ireland, which I didn't get the chance to do while I was there back in the early eighties.

innaminka
Sep 5, 2007, 7:13 AM
I still like going to the snow.
Being in the travel industry, i admit I've been to many of the so-called hot spots, and I guess I am somewhat jaded in that regard.
But the kids, Dean and a lovely cloudless day in the snow still has magic.

Germanicus
Sep 10, 2007, 1:01 PM
Berlin: my heart

Weimar: my soul

Abbey Road
Sep 10, 2007, 1:13 PM
Wales. I love the country. I love the people. With a good book & the Welsh countryside - I`m in my element.

Abbey Road.:bibounce::wiggle2::paw:

TashaSW
Sep 10, 2007, 1:15 PM
I'll love to go to Disney with a friend that'll enjoy it as much as I do.

I want to see England and Ireland :)

Abbey Road
Sep 10, 2007, 1:23 PM
I'll love to go to Disney with a friend that'll enjoy it as much as I do.

I want to see England and Ireland :)

Hi Tasha, if your ever in England & want to know somewhere to visit let me know & I`ll try to find some decent places for you.There`s some glorious places here.

Abbey Road.:bibounce::wiggle2::paw:

bookworm
Sep 10, 2007, 1:32 PM
Capri. Krakow. Prague. All wonderful!

gfofbiguy
Sep 10, 2007, 1:33 PM
My favorite is Albuquerque, New Mexico for the shopping, food, culture...Old Town is great for all three. The university often has special programs throughout the year and are inexpensive. There is also camping, hiking up in the mountains. Can take a day trip to Madrid (part of the movie Wild Hogs was filmed there...) Always wanted to live there in Albuquerque...maybe someday *sigh*:)