PDA

View Full Version : surrey/white rock, b.c.

wanderingrichard
Sep 4, 2007, 12:31 AM
just spent the weekend with my g/f at softball city, involved in a glbt softball league tourney [ i was there in support of her and her team, i can't play the game] that featured teams from both vancouvers, [ that's B.C. and WA. ] portland ore. seattle, and two other places i think. something like 30 teams played from friday thru sunday. close out and award ceremonies were held at club oddessy, downtown vancouver.

you guys are blessed to have a such a great place as softball city. it's set up almost perfectly . only thing i really would have changed is the weather but we all know that's not possible.

when we finished with the day's play, it was clean up and roll via the tram from king george road down to burrard station for a the local night life.. again, you guys are blessed ....davie street, burrard, granville, howe, the night life along among and between those streets was so open fresh and alive.. no sense of over powering you or of the impending sense of violence that i've felt in other places, like atlanta , philly, seattle, and san antone. also, the easy to use, on time, reliable and relatively cheap public transportation system there really helps in a huge way. wish cities in the U.S. would take lessons.

will be going back there more often.. it's worth the waiting at the border crossing to be able to enjoy a place like that.
Rich

wanderingrichard
Sep 4, 2007, 11:29 PM
shameless bump:)