PDA

View Full Version : Myspace who's addicted... :)

redheadhoneycat
Sep 2, 2007, 1:23 AM
Who else thinks myspace.com is addicting fun? I love it.....who else does? :):bigrin::bipride:

rmorti
Sep 2, 2007, 6:24 AM
Im on it, but not like an addict :P I do check it everday. But I define an addict as someone who becomes a bulletin post whore lol

dafydd
Sep 2, 2007, 6:38 AM
If you like myspace, you'll love facebook.

d

naive
Sep 2, 2007, 7:04 AM
totally agree. i skipped myspace and went straight to facebook. from what i've seen of most myspaces, they're really loud and cluttered. facebook provides the info in a clean, organised manner. plus, the apps are cool too.

shameless agitator
Sep 2, 2007, 7:20 AM
I think I probably qualify. Don't post bulletins much, but I'm on 32 boards (down from 41). I'm only active on a few these days but I check them several times a day. The profiles being cluttered isn't because of the site, it's what happens when you give unlimited design control to people who don't get web design

naive
Sep 2, 2007, 7:33 AM
i'm sure myspace users are partly to blame for the poor reputation amongst other social networking sites.

but myspace's creators should at least hold some responsibility for providing the unlimited design control in the first place and believing that the public can be trusted to create anything but an eyesore.

shameless agitator
Sep 2, 2007, 7:49 AM
But it's their eyesore. Some people may think the same of my sculptures. Does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to do them??

naive
Sep 2, 2007, 7:56 AM
of course not. probably not my wisest choice of words. just my opinion on the differences between the services and my reasoning for choosing facebook.

Azrael
Sep 2, 2007, 7:57 AM
I think my myspace is fairly tasteful, I don't have a bazillion vids or pix, and the background is an awesome album cover. I resisted myspace for like a year then a bunch of my friends sucked me in. c'est la vie!
I use it mostly for the blog.

www.myspace.com/azraelspeaks
if u wanna see it, send me a message, I had too much flooding bullshit so I set mine private.

-tom

TashaSW
Sep 2, 2007, 10:50 AM
Facebook is soooooooooo much better.

-- No stupid spam from people who are "soooooo in love" with you that you don't even know lol
-- No unwanted friend requests from people you don't know
-- Better privacy levels.
-- Doesn't FREEZE your computer for a min or so cause someone has so much vids/music on thier page like Myspace does.
-- More people you actually know seem to be on Facebook, if not, they show up a week or so later lol

I perfer Facebook... I had Myspace but deleted after leaving it abandoned for a few months and most of my attention was on Facebook.

redheadhoneycat
Sep 2, 2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks to all that have replied!!!! I really like it there......and I will check out facebook. Maybe some would not like my page because I have a ton of silly stuff on it,but then again I like it like that and I think that is the point to make it all about you.:) Hey Azrael sure I would love to check your out I will send ya a request!!! If anyone wants to see mine and tell me what a mess I made just let me know......lol Thanks again for the replies!!!! Bisexual.com members ROCK !!!!! :) :2cents: :bigrin: :bipride:

Skater Boy
Sep 2, 2007, 11:12 AM
Facebook is soooooooooo much better.

-- No stupid spam from people who are "soooooo in love" with you that you don't even know lol
-- No unwanted friend requests from people you don't know
-- Better privacy levels.
-- Doesn't FREEZE your computer for a min or so cause someone has so much vids/music on thier page like Myspace does.
-- More people you actually know seem to be on Facebook, if not, they show up a week or so later lol

I perfer Facebook... I had Myspace but deleted after leaving it abandoned for a few months and most of my attention was on Facebook.

I have to admit, that I'm new to Myspace. But if my experience so far is anything to go by (and it is VERY similar to Tasha's criticisms above), then I think I'd prefer FaceBook.

What's the deal with those Spammers and friend requests... gawd, they drive me nuts!!! :mad:

becky:baker
Sep 2, 2007, 11:12 AM
I cant deal with facebook i get soo confused with it lol - im dumb

I LOVE myspace lol - dunno if i am addicted but i do check it evryday lol :P

naive
Sep 2, 2007, 11:19 AM
What's the deal with those Spammers and friend requests... gawd, they drive me nuts!!! :mad:

from what i hear about myspace, there's an ongoing competition to accumulate the highest number of friends amongst your peers, regardless of whether you know them or not. because everyone wants to be popular! :cool:

redheadhoneycat
Sep 2, 2007, 11:20 AM
from what i hear about myspace, there's an ongoing competition to accumulate the highest number of friends amongst your peers, regardless of whether you know them or not. because everyone wants to be popular! :cool:

True dat!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :bigrin:

TashaSW
Sep 2, 2007, 11:21 AM

Ya... with Facebook the only people who ask to be on your friends list is people you actually know!! Same with messages (unless someones private replying to a message of yours that you posted in a group forum you joined.)

Better privacy :)

Tasha

MarieDelta
Sep 2, 2007, 12:16 PM
Just joined Myspace, will have to check face book

TashaSW
Sep 2, 2007, 12:18 PM

lol totally off the topic... but I like your skeleton icon MD lol

redheadhoneycat
Sep 2, 2007, 1:05 PM

Cool Marie me too so welcome to the new site and hope to see ya around!!!!!!:)

redheadhoneycat
Sep 2, 2007, 4:40 PM
Who else thinks myspace.com is addicting fun? I love it.....who else does? :):bigrin::bipride:

Come on people this was suppose to be fun......lighten up a little.....geez ....have fun with it....that's what life is about........:rolleyes:

DiamondDog
Sep 2, 2007, 5:30 PM
I was on both sites but I have since deleted my profiles on both sites.

I don't like what they've done to them and how they've changed (I was on facebook in the early days when it was only for college/university students), how they're huge corporate monsters (I know that most websites are and that it takes cash to host a site but people are making serious money off of both sites and Rupert Murdoch owns MySpace), and I don't like how myspace is so poorly coded.

redheadhoneycat
Sep 2, 2007, 5:44 PM
I was on both sites but I have since deleted my profiles on both sites.

I don't like what they've done to them and how they've changed (I was on facebook in the early days when it was only for college/university students), how they're huge corporate monsters (I know that most websites are and that it takes cash to host a site but people are making serious money off of both sites and Rupert Murdoch owns MySpace), and I don't like how myspace is so poorly coded.

Hey Diamond, I just use it for fun....like leaving silly messages for my friends back in forth but also some of the rockers I like are on there and I can quickly go to their page for updates (such as concerts....band info)and even a few rocks have sent me emails about different comments I have made so that was really neat and it is free so I say why not.....have a great weekend Diamond....stay true to yourself babe!!!!!!!!

Reeve
Sep 2, 2007, 7:02 PM
I'll give. I'm addicted to MySpace and Facebook :) They're both great. Also, Facebook has a really great "Bi People" group. Plus, I love creating my own little page so my friends and such can read about me. :)

FalconAngel
Sep 2, 2007, 7:16 PM
I (Chris) have a myspace page, but so far, I have not been highly impressed with it.

gina42
Sep 2, 2007, 7:23 PM
im on myspace more than any other site these days:)

elian
Sep 2, 2007, 7:29 PM
USED to like myspace until all of the groups I was subscribed to mysteriously succumbed to the "Invalid Group ID" plague. There's nothing that kills a community faster than none of its members being able to meet anymore.

redheadhoneycat
Sep 2, 2007, 8:09 PM
I'll give. I'm addicted to MySpace and Facebook :) They're both great. Also, Facebook has a really great "Bi People" group. Plus, I love creating my own little page so my friends and such can read about me. :)

Glad to see some people enjoy like I do......would love to see your page if ya don't mind.....anyway anyone that wants to see mine it is myspace.com/redheadhoneycat :bipride:

redheadhoneycat
Sep 2, 2007, 8:10 PM
USED to like myspace until all of the groups I was subscribed to mysteriously succumbed to the "Invalid Group ID" plague. There's nothing that kills a community faster than none of its members being able to meet anymore.

I am sorry to hear that happened to you......that stinks!!!!

redheadhoneycat
Sep 2, 2007, 8:11 PM
im on myspace more than any other site these days:)

Me too!!!!!......:bigrin:

zanybrainy
Sep 2, 2007, 8:16 PM
I killed my account a couple of weeks ago after my about 100th email saying "whoever" wants to add you as a friend. Go to the site and find out who it was and finding out it was just another "friend" ploy. Most of the accounts were deleted before I could even get online to check what happened.

Just starting on Facebook, but not intense.

TashaSW
Sep 2, 2007, 8:49 PM
I remember getting sick of Myspace when I tried to view new messages or tried to update something on my profile and kept getting error messages over and over and over.

Then the scammers and unwanted friend requests. Just got to much.

Facebook is my FAV!!! Im addicted to Facebook... and to date, Ive created 5 other facebook addicts hehe

Plus I LOVE thier groups... true, some are stupid but there are pently of really nice groups on there.

Tasha

Fire Lotus
Sep 2, 2007, 9:10 PM
I'm a crackbook, errrrr I mean Facebook devotee. I too prefer the cleanness of the layout than to the busyness of Myspace. Plus (before this thread) I had heard of the not so good things on Myspace that others have mentioned here. I also know more people on Facebook than Myspace.

TashaSW
Sep 2, 2007, 9:29 PM
I'm a crackbook, errrrr I mean Facebook devotee. I too prefer the cleanness of the layout than to the busyness of Myspace. Plus (before this thread) I had heard of the not so good things on Myspace that others have mentioned here. I also know more people on Facebook than Myspace.

Fire Lotus and I communicate A LOT on facebook lol I think we got to know each other better on Facebook than we ever did on here lol
Shes my secret lover on Facebook! lol JK :)

But ya, like her, most people I know are on Facebook than Myspace.
And its easier to find people as well.

Tasha

naive
Sep 2, 2007, 11:06 PM

joining a "bi people" group would be an interesting way to come out to lots of people at once. j/k i'm not that naive :rolleyes:

DJ Triad
Sep 3, 2007, 4:34 AM
I'm on MySpace and I'll have to say that I'm addicted. I love music and it's a great way to contact other musicians. :)

Add me if you'd like. http://www.myspace.com/orgasmicmusic

E-mail me first and let me know that you're from Bisexual.com

heatherlee
Sep 3, 2007, 7:09 AM
I'm on myspace too and im totally addicted:) i love myspace groups and music pages:)

www.myspace.com/heatherleestar

im getting ready to check out that facebook thing though too:)

*heatherlee*

redheadhoneycat
Sep 3, 2007, 1:00 PM
Thanks DJ Triad & Heatherlee for making this fun and posting on my thread!!!!! See ya there ladies....XOXO....Redheadhoneycat

Azrael
Sep 3, 2007, 3:51 PM
joining a "bi people" group would be an interesting way to come out to lots of people at once. j/k i'm not that naive :rolleyes:

We have a group, just hasn't really taken off yet...
http://groups.myspace.com/biandproud

shameless agitator
Sep 3, 2007, 4:07 PM
For the folks getting frustrated with the spam friend requests, you can change your account settings so that people have to know iether your last name or your email address (your choice which) in order to send you one.

Reeve
Sep 3, 2007, 5:21 PM
Glad to see some people enjoy like I do......would love to see your page if ya don't mind.....anyway anyone that wants to see mine it is myspace.com/redheadhoneycat :bipride:

Of course, here's the links.

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/nekoreeve
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=639801513

shameless agitator
Sep 3, 2007, 6:28 PM
myspace.com/shameless_agitator for anyone interested. I'm also the mod of the bi group Az mentioned, so you'll see me there

Azrael
Sep 3, 2007, 6:32 PM
myspace.com/shameless_agitator for anyone interested. I'm also the mod of the bi group Az mentioned, so you'll see me there

You're welcome for the plug :P

redheadhoneycat
Sep 3, 2007, 8:28 PM
Thanks guys it is great some people want share and be cool and not whine so BIG HUGS&KISSES!!!!!

Dreamcast
Sep 4, 2007, 10:18 PM
Not me :bigrin:

I DISLIKE MySpace...

12voltman59
Sep 5, 2007, 1:03 AM
I am on myspace and I like it--I may be one who has "too much on my page" but I don't care and most of "my friends" are those I have never met but I am accumulating lots of "friends" who are artists, musicians, etc. I would never have had any kind of access to previously---

Azrael
Sep 5, 2007, 1:13 AM
Not me :bigrin:

I DISLIKE MySpace...

Funny, I dislike you. Isn't it wonderful that we have the right to disagree?

Tingly_Tickles
Sep 5, 2007, 2:05 AM
I'm on myspace all the time just don't post a lot but when I do yea I kinda post
a whole list of shit for everyone.

So if anyone needs more friends on their list then add me my links in my profile
love you all enjoy my page.

Oh yea forgot to mention that I signed up on the biandproud group a couple
days ago thanks guys and gals.

Azrael
Sep 5, 2007, 2:08 AM
Oh yea forgot to mention that I signed up on the biandproud group a couple
days ago thanks guys and gals.

Glad to have you on board, buddy. I've been going back on yahell lately, hit me up sometime. We gots a bit of catchin up to do!

karmically yours,
tom

redheadhoneycat
Sep 5, 2007, 2:42 AM
Glad to have you on board, buddy. I've been going back on yahell lately, hit me up sometime. We gots a bit of catchin up to do!

karmically yours,
tom

Tom thanks for sticking up for my thread.....kisses babe!!!:bigrin::bipride:

Simply Sara
Sep 5, 2007, 4:35 AM
I am on myspace, used to be addicted but not so much anymore. I check it all the time, do a couple survey's every once in a while, but that's about it. I did however join the bi group. I am a little shy so..... lol

www.myspace.com/shyems :tong:

shameless agitator
Sep 5, 2007, 4:55 AM
Welcome aboard. We could use some new blood.