PDA

View Full Version : Moving on with your life and forgetting

Toad82
Aug 31, 2007, 5:20 PM
Over the time I have been on this site I have seen many threads about people wanting another that isn’t interested in them. At the same time I read over and over people saying get over them, move on with your life and forget. Personally, in my own defense I have tried for months and I can’t get him out of my head. I have tried everything I could, drugs, alcohol, working to the point of exhaustion, therapy, everything and anything short of suicide. What I haven’t read is how to go about it. So for those that have gone through it, how do you stop caring for someone and forget. How did you let go?

RJ:lokai:

MarieDelta
Aug 31, 2007, 5:34 PM
OK this is just my personal opinion but here it is.

It's not easy to get over someone you have loved, and it sucks that you have to do this.

First recognize that you did everything you could do to remedy the situation (If your pining for a straight guy there isn't much you could do IMO).

Second recognize that it is going to take some time to heal.

Third - Life goes on, you aren't dead and though it hurts , someday it will not. Maybe not today or tomorow or even the day after , but someday.

And the rest is time, one day at a time, allow yourself to heal.

:2cents:
Marie

sexybicplinwv
Aug 31, 2007, 6:26 PM
Over the time I have been on this site I have seen many threads about people wanting another that isn’t interested in them. At the same time I read over and over people saying get over them, move on with your life and forget. Personally, in my own defense I have tried for months and I can’t get him out of my head. I have tried everything I could, drugs, alcohol, working to the point of exhaustion, therapy, everything and anything short of suicide. What I haven’t read is how to go about it. So for those that have gone through it, how do you stop caring for someone and forget. How did you let go?

RJ:lokai:

The thing which to not kill you make you stronger...:female:

anne27
Aug 31, 2007, 6:28 PM
In my life, I have found the only thing that works at all is remember to breathe, and focus on the minutiae. Focus on getting through whatever day it is, focus on one tiny task at a time. Get through the day. Next day, same thing. Eventually, the pain will dull and you'll realize you are breathing again without even thinking about it. It will get better.

Time is the only thing that really works. Drugs, alcohol, and other self destructive devices are just going to hurt you in the long run. Trust me, I know this from personal experience.

I am sorry for your hurt. Know that you aren't alone.

TrimBeardHairyBod
Aug 31, 2007, 6:30 PM
Hi Toad82

It's probably one of life's hardest lessons to accept that things don't always turn out the way we want them to.

MarieDelta has given you - and all of us, for that matter - some excellent advice. As for recognising that you've done your best, I would encourage you to work on this aspect of things. As best you can, try to feel *good* about the effort you've put in. As your self-respect grows, so will your pain lessen.

Here's wishing you all the best. I've been through a similar experience myself so, to some extent, can understand where you're at.

John