PDA

View Full Version : I bought my bisexual keyring...

dafydd
Aug 25, 2007, 3:43 AM
....from the castro.
They didn't have a lot of choice on offer.
It's a sterling silver case, with the flag embossed on top, and works with a tight spring.

Misty, I'm sorry we didn't meet....

d:tong:

shameless agitator
Aug 25, 2007, 4:24 AM
Good for you! I've been trying to find one with the overlapping triangles. Any idea where I might be able to get such a thing? Anybody?

welickit
Aug 25, 2007, 5:21 AM
If you want the original pink triangle or other items check out
www.equal.org
&
www.equal.org/shopping
:bipride:

Doggie_Wood
Aug 25, 2007, 7:04 AM
If you want the original pink triangle or other items check out
www.equal.org
&
www.equal.org/shopping
:bipride:

Not much of a selection though, as this is all they have;

Products
Magnets
Pamphlets
Posters

Skater Boy
Aug 25, 2007, 11:37 AM
D, try and post a photo if you can. I'm always keen to "represent" in subtle ways. perhaps it compensates for my lack of overt homosexuality. I used to have a pendant necklace with the gay freedom rings, but it just looked a bit cheap. I'm kinda into jewellery design and making, so I'm always open to potential ideas... a range of Bi-themed jewellery would be one of my eventual goals.

MarieDelta
Aug 25, 2007, 11:59 AM
Oh! Did someone say jewelry?

Some earrings would be nice in the bi colors or pehaps the bi symol

Just a thought...

Skater Boy
Aug 25, 2007, 12:08 PM
Oh! Did someone say jewelry?

Some earrings would be nice in the bi colors or pehaps the bi symol

Just a thought...

Well, its early days yet... at least as far as my practical skills are concerned. But if all goes well, I hope to study jewellery full time, and maybe even find a career in this area. In the mean time, I'll do some research on what (if any) Bi-themed jewellery is currently available. If anyone else knows of any sources or websites selling similar things, please do share them.

The Barefoot Contess
Aug 25, 2007, 12:31 PM
How about this?

http://bipridestore.com/

The Barefoot Contess
Aug 25, 2007, 12:45 PM
http://www.the-homo-depot.com/catalog/BIPridePage.htm

http://www.overtherainbowshop.com/bipridemerchandise.htm

For transgenders:

http://www.transgendered.net/tgj.html

Just google it, some (not much) stuff shows up.

Skater Boy
Aug 25, 2007, 1:00 PM
Thanks Contess! Although if I do make any Bi-jewellery, I think I'll try and stick to precious metals such as Sterling Silver, etc. It can sometimes make the difference between a classy piece of jewellery and a piece of tat. I guess it depends if you want a serious piece of jewellery or just something with the Bi colors on it to signify your preferences. But I'd prefer to make something special... the $5 trinkets are cheap n' easy to produce, and I think the Far East pretty much has that one covered.

Btw... just curious as to how much fellow Bi's would be willing to pay for an item of Bi jewellery... if we're talking less than $5, then there may not be enough of a market for hand-produced items, but if we're talking upwards of $50-100, then there may be some hope...

Cheers for the inspiration!

SB

ps: the TG stuff was slightly better... although very "bling"!

shameless agitator
Aug 25, 2007, 3:30 PM
Depends on what we're talking about Skater. I mean the cheap plastic things, a couple bucks. If you wanted to do something in fine silver with sapphire, amethyst, and whatever the hell a purple stone would be I'd probably be willing to go a couple hundred if I really liked it. Still not having much luck with the pin. Biresource was close. they had this http://www.overtherainbowshop.com/bibutton3tri1.jpg as the icon for buttons, but don't sell a button like it grr. Apparently my html has gotten rusty. Both my attempt to embed the pic & link to it failed. This is what happens when you use cheat tools I guess

Skater Boy
Aug 25, 2007, 3:37 PM
Depends on what we're talking about Skater. I mean the cheap plastic things, a couple bucks. If you wanted to do something in fine silver with sapphire, amethyst, and whatever the hell a purple stone would be I'd probably be willing to go a couple hundred if I really liked it. Still not having much luck with the pin. Biresource was close. they had this http://www.overtherainbowshop.com/bibutton3tri1.jpg as the icon for buttons, but don't sell a button like it grr. Apparently my html has gotten rusty. Both my attempt to embed the pic & link to it failed. This is what happens when you use cheat tools I guess

Thanks agitator. Yeah, I meant the latter... think fine sliver and semi-precious stones (where applicable). Although obviously there is some room for manouvre either way. The main issue is that for the cost of the materials and work involved, you can't really beat the cheap tat vendors' prices, so it would have to be "special" or custom made, just to make it worthwhile.

Cheers for the input! :)

SB

shameless agitator
Aug 25, 2007, 3:43 PM
Exactly. Something you may want to look at if you're just getting into the whole thing is silver impregnated clay. It's fine silver (higher purity than sterling for those who don't know) embedded in low fire clay so you can easily mold it to what you want, then the clay all burns off & leaves nothing but silver when you fire it.

Skater Boy
Aug 25, 2007, 3:56 PM
Exactly. Something you may want to look at if you're just getting into the whole thing is silver impregnated clay. It's fine silver (higher purity than sterling for those who don't know) embedded in low fire clay so you can easily mold it to what you want, then the clay all burns off & leaves nothing but silver when you fire it.

Ah yes, we call it "Precious Metal Clay" over here. I've used it once or twice, but I find that it gives a quite uneven surface, unless you are careful. It also shrinks slightly when you fire it. Its still an option. but when I have access to a college facility/workshop, I prefer to use the traditional techniques.

Thanks again!

SB