PDA

View Full Version : testing the waters

Azrael
Aug 21, 2007, 7:26 PM
I'm driving to St. Pete tonight to hang with my gay friend from high school. We just started hitting bars and hanging out again after losing touch for about 7-8 years. I'm a bit into him. I think he might be into me, but I'm not sure how I should play this one. The plan is, chill at his place when he gets out of school and kinda spill my guts to him over cartoons. Plus I think he's the only person among my friends (read- local) who will be able to understand what's been happening lately (in the blog myspace.com/azraelspeaks)
I'm thinkin' of taking a nice merlot or something and just catching up on old times. I am nervous. It's not that he makes me nervous, I'm just terrified of being shot down. I'm not really sure how I should act. I'm gonna play it cool, but any suggestions for loosening the tone/breaking the ice would be appreciated. I'm lousy at this shit. here he is: www.myspace.com/seasonofpassage
Funny thing is, me and this guy HATED each other back in high school. guess we grew up :)

JoyJoyHollywood
Aug 21, 2007, 8:29 PM
Well, first-I grew up in St. Pete. In fact-sometimes I wonder if we don't know some of the same people.

I'm not sure about the merlot, Mr. McCutieson. But-I think that most wines taste like cheese (you have to admit-they really do) and I usually drink a Rhine or Muscato.

My advice would be to so this. Don't focus on playing it cool. Make a plan and then relax until it's time to go to action.

I am fond of simply being honest-I'm one to just come out and say, "Listen, I don't know how your going to react to this, but lately, I've been digging you a whole lot. What do you want to do about it?"

That's all I can offer. Don't forget the corkscrew.

And have fun!

Azrael
Aug 21, 2007, 8:43 PM
Well, first-I grew up in St. Pete. In fact-sometimes I wonder if we don't know some of the same people.

I'm not sure about the merlot, Mr. McCutieson. But-I think that most wines taste like cheese (you have to admit-they really do) and I usually drink a Rhine or Muscato.

My advice would be to so this. Don't focus on playing it cool. Make a plan and then relax until it's time to go to action.

I am fond of simply being honest-I'm one to just come out and say, "Listen, I don't know how your going to react to this, but lately, I've been digging you a whole lot. What do you want to do about it?"

That's all I can offer. Don't forget the corkscrew.

And have fun!

Pretty much me plan, thanks darlin' :bigrin:
Fuck the pretenses, being real always does the job.

The Barefoot Contess
Aug 21, 2007, 8:46 PM
I know it is easier said than done, but try to just feel it out and feel comfortable.
Have fun! I am so jealous ;-)

JoyJoyHollywood
Aug 21, 2007, 8:58 PM
Pretty much me plan, thanks darlin' :bigrin:
Fuck the pretenses, being real always does the job.

What can I say...........the man is a genius.

I always had a problem with breaking things gently.

Have fun!

Or else I'll do things to your binders. Bad things. That I think are sexy.

kitten
Aug 21, 2007, 10:06 PM
Azreal - keep it real love! Best of my wishes to you and your experience!

hugs,

Azrael
Aug 22, 2007, 2:42 AM
Coulda gone better. On the other hand, I didn't get flat out rejected, he's just not ready. We'll see :cool:

MarieDelta
Aug 22, 2007, 12:53 PM
A "maybe later" is better than a "no" though, right?

Azrael
Aug 22, 2007, 4:35 PM

Actually, yeah :)

dafydd
Aug 22, 2007, 4:50 PM

I would say don't include the wine.

MarieD I am in love with your signature.

Azrael
Aug 22, 2007, 5:01 PM

MarieD I am in love with your signature.

I didn't. But that's something I do even when I'm NOT interested in people.
I'm not an alcoholic. They go to meetings :bigrin:
Seriously, tho, I'm a moderate drinker, I just have a love affair with the vino :P

LoveLion
Aug 23, 2007, 2:07 AM

Nah, go with the wine! I love a glass of nice red and its a nice social gesture between friends to bring a bottle. I have a love affair with Shiraz, it is the wine of gods!

Azrael
Aug 23, 2007, 2:46 AM

Yeah, pretty much approached it that way. He didn't say no, but he's iffy. I've noticed the whole "affective disorders" thing tends to scare people. They'll be your friend all day but not many people wanna get into relationships with crazy people of any flavor. I mean, it always comes up eventually. People are like, "why do you carry a pillcase?" I don't wanna hide it from and let 'em figure it out if and when I start coming unglued. That's just plain dick. I go a wee bit hypomanic and a little nutty at work(before you freak out, I did this the whole year and a half I've been takin neuroleptics, nothing I can't handle, plus I still take inderal for anxiety and it works GREAT), but I have plenty of busy work and I come off it about 2/3 through the day because I'm fuckin tired. As bitch and under paying my job is, I love it. All my friends are there, and I'm pretty much cool with everyone. Everyone knows I'm queer, everyone knows I'm cuckoo, and they accept me for it. Or maybe it's just because I'm a fucking great cook :bigrin: