PDA

View Full Version : Do you take her/him back?

Sammmy_243
Aug 21, 2007, 2:00 PM
Okay I am posting because I need some advice here. I was with this woman ( I am a woman too). I am Bi and so is she. Anyway she broke it off with me pretty abruptly. We have spoken off and on for the last few weeks. Sometimes she talk's and others she is cold. Anyway I just got word she is sorry she broke up with me. We were fairly new but I miss her. Then again I feel like now I really didn't even know her. So my question is what do I do? Anyone out there been in this situation.......HELP!:rotate:

Skater Boy
Aug 21, 2007, 4:13 PM
Erm... the logical thing to do would be to find out WHY she broke up with you in the first place. There must be SOME reason. It also depends on how much you like her, and whether you think she's worth chasing.

:2cents:

kitten
Aug 21, 2007, 6:11 PM
I agree with Skater Boy. You need to find out why and then decide if she is trustworthy at communicating in the future. That is such an important part of any relationship, IMHO.
I am sorry that this happened and I hope all works out for you!

hugs,

Azrael
Aug 21, 2007, 6:12 PM
I wouldn't, but then I don't even trust ME.

LoveLion
Aug 21, 2007, 6:29 PM
If you miss her, the I would say giver her another chance. She seems sorry about it and people do make mistakes. You seem to still have some interest so its better to peruse it (even if it fails) then to miss a chance you might regret later. In the end if it doesnt work out then your no worse off the you were yesterday.

Diana_TS
Aug 21, 2007, 7:02 PM
What type of relationship did you and she have? Did you both think it was a LTR or just "going steady" type thing.....is that term still used? Guess I may be showing my age....anyway if it was a LTR like a hetro marriage then you would have to really look into your heart and try to decide if you loved her or not. If she did it once she may do it again, but if she felt it was just a short term relationship, like dating, but now finds she misses you and really wants a real relationship then I would take her back.

In other words was it a "marriage like situation", or just a "dating situation", that would make a big difference to me anyway. Good luck honey.....:2cents:

let_me_be_me420
Aug 27, 2007, 4:58 PM
Well I will tell you I dumped someone not too long ago and I want to tell them I made a mistake but I can't. I just can't get the nerve to say I made a mistake. Sad thing is I may lose someone I really care about. She had her problems but was so good to me. I say give it a try. Like someone else said you will be no worse off than you are right now. I think I will tell her how I feel. Good luck Sammmy.

naughty'BI'chick
Aug 27, 2007, 10:30 PM
I have a similar situation, only I'm a lady & he's a "man"
If u want to take the chance of getting hurt again then go for it, but ONLY if you take the responsibility of giving this person a second chance to hurt you. As the saying goes;
1st time/chance- shame on them
2nd time/chance- shame on me
So think it over, long & hard, before you you take them back.

Good Luck

DiamondDog
Aug 27, 2007, 10:42 PM
I personally wouldn't get back together with someone who broke up with me on a whim or just for kicks suddenly and didn't even give me a valid reason for doing so, or any reason at all.

anne27
Aug 27, 2007, 11:38 PM
I think it depends on how much time and emotion you have invested with this woman. I believe in working things out if at all possible. Giving up is too easy. Anything worth having is worth fighting for.

Best of luck to you!

AdamKadmon43
Aug 27, 2007, 11:51 PM
I would say NO.. but I suspect that you have already made up your mind to do it anyhow, and you are just looking for some positive re-enforcement.

Sincerely

Dr. Ruth

DiamondDog
Aug 28, 2007, 12:12 AM
I would say NO.. but I suspect that you have already made up your mind to do it anyhow, and you are just looking for some positive re-enforcement.

Sincerely

Dr. Ruth

LMAO! hahahaha