PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble after upgrade

wolfcamp
Aug 12, 2007, 5:38 PM
Is anyone having trouble after the upgrade this morning? My main banner menu is now invisible. They used to appear as text selections with a green background. Now they are all white. The text only appears if I roll over it. I use Firefox. That shouldn't make a difference.

Also, the left column user list used to have nice little icons under the username. The icon showed text if the user had a profile, and it showed a little graphic icon if the user had pictures in their profile. Now the icons have been replaced by text links. I liked the old way better.

I just wondered if I am the only one who has noticed this. Maybe there is a profile setting or a browser setting that I can change to get my menus back.

Thanks,
Wolfcamp

domill
Aug 12, 2007, 5:56 PM
Am having the same problem

Fizban
Aug 12, 2007, 6:02 PM
Same here. I'm sure they will get it ironed out.

raistkit
Aug 12, 2007, 6:07 PM
same here 89 people online and all i can see is me, tried explorer but firefox is better

Skater Boy
Aug 12, 2007, 6:09 PM
Yup, same here too. Looks like a problem with the site rather than our individual computers. Hopefully admin will deal with it asap.

rakeadmin
Aug 12, 2007, 6:15 PM
Is anyone having trouble after the upgrade this morning? My main banner menu is now invisible. They used to appear as text selections with a green background. Now they are all white. The text only appears if I roll over it. I use Firefox. That shouldn't make a difference.

Also, the left column user list used to have nice little icons under the username. The icon showed text if the user had a profile, and it showed a little graphic icon if the user had pictures in their profile. Now the icons have been replaced by text links. I liked the old way better.

I just wondered if I am the only one who has noticed this. Maybe there is a profile setting or a browser setting that I can change to get my menus back.

Thanks,
Wolfcamp

Try clicking CTRL+F5 and see if that solves the problem.
What browser are you using? I haven't been able to reproduce this. I'm using IE and Firefox 2.0.0.8

Could you please post your browser version as well as a screenshot?
Thanks.

PS: Please keep on reporting any bugs you notice

EDIT: The online users not showing bug has been fixed.

open4bizness
Aug 12, 2007, 6:33 PM
Try clicking CTRL+F5 and see if that solves the problem.
What browser are you using? I haven't been able to reproduce this. I'm using IE and Firefox 2.0.0.8

Could you please post your browser version as well as a screenshot?
Thanks.

PS: Please keep on reporting any bugs you notice

EDIT: The online users not showing bug has been fixed.

No menu and lots of broken (missing) images as well...ie icons are gone and the alternate text is showing up instead.

EDIT: The missing menu seems to be an issue with the stylesheet.css file. I can hover over and see the menu but I cannot see it otherwise. Apparently the text has been defined as white.

Tingly_Tickles
Aug 12, 2007, 6:34 PM
Same type of errors here no menus or invisible rather but still able to click links.

oralplus
Aug 12, 2007, 6:36 PM
Sadly having the same problem here !!!!! Very frustrating, hope get fixed:( soon .

rakeadmin
Aug 12, 2007, 6:52 PM
The problem should now be fixed. Can anyone confirm?

Skater Boy
Aug 12, 2007, 6:55 PM
Has anyone tried what i posted above? Try clicking CTRL+F5 and see if that solves the problem. If not, please post the browser you are using and the version. Thank you.

Tried it- didn't make much difference. I'm using AOL with Internet Explorer. There are lots of errors and missing bits on every page on the forum.

MarieDelta
Aug 12, 2007, 6:55 PM
Ctrl +F5 seemed to have fixed it tyvm

:)

Brian
Aug 12, 2007, 6:57 PM
When I first loaded the new site just now I had the above-described problem, but a single refresh (F5) fixed it for me. It looks good now.

- Drew :paw:

rakeadmin
Thanks to everyone who posted. Please keep on reporting if you see any more bugs.

Skater Boy
When I first loaded the new site just now I had the above-described problem, but a single refresh (F5) fixed it for me. It looks good now.

- Drew :paw:

Yup, it seems to have fixed itself now- thanks!

bearisbare
Aug 12, 2007, 6:59 PM
Tried Ctrl-F5 and the page does load better, but as of the time of posting, the only names showing on my 'who's online' list are my own and those alphabetically before me, a few whose nicks start with "A".

gb11vt18
Aug 12, 2007, 7:02 PM
I am having similar problems using Vista as well as Windows Explorer 7 any one have any ideas if everything is going to be fixed.

rakeadmin
Aug 12, 2007, 7:05 PM
Tried Ctrl-F5 and the page does load better, but as of the time of posting, the only names showing on my 'who's online' list are my own and those alphabetically before me, a few whose nicks start with "A".

That should now be fixed as well.

Brian
Aug 12, 2007, 7:05 PM
I'm going to close this thread for now. Please report bugs in the "Official Bugs" thread, I just started.

- Drew