PDA

View Full Version : Who looks young for thier age? :)

deletetacount123
Jul 27, 2007, 5:32 PM
Who else here looks too young for thier age?? :)

Im one of them..... Im 28 and people think Im early 20s.
I know someone who is 37 at work BUT she doesn't even look 30!! (looks like my age or younger).

I think we're lucky.... youthful looks hehe

Fire Lotus
Jul 27, 2007, 5:42 PM
Who else here looks too young for thier age?? :)

Im one of them..... Im 28 and people think Im early 20s.
I know someone who is 37 at work BUT she doesn't even look 30!! (looks like my age or younger).

I think we're lucky.... youthful looks hehe

I am 44 and I have been told many times I look younger than I am. I chalk it up to good genes. Taking care of one's self helps too. Keeping skin hydrated, no smoking and staying out of the sun for long periods of time and when in the sun, using sun block. Things like that.

Skater Boy
Jul 27, 2007, 6:00 PM
Mmm, I have been known to be mistaken for a 20 year old. Occasionally even younger... especially if I've shaved off my stubble.

But the way I see it... you spend the first quarter of your life trying to look older than you are, and the rest trying to look younger.

So, if anyone wants to mistake me for being in the prime of my life, then its no big deal... my mom spends a small fortune on magic cosmetic creams that are s'posed to do the same, so I'm saving money too! :bigrin:

Herbwoman39
Jul 27, 2007, 8:00 PM
I've been told by quite a few people that I don't look 40.

deeTM
Jul 27, 2007, 8:56 PM
My wife! When I took her, her oldest daughter and friend to my parents my dad thought that I had brought three teenagers over and that I was robbing the cradle or something. Lol. How funny is that!

Dee.

FalconAngel
Jul 27, 2007, 9:50 PM
My wife, too.
She's 6 years older than me and looks years younger than me.

Look at our pics if you don't believe me.

jem_is_bi
Jul 28, 2007, 12:10 AM
I look at least 2 years younger than I am. 3 years younger, if I am 100 yards away.
Well, maybe 200 yards.
Well, maybe from the back side.
Can anybody spare a hat and dark sunglasses? :cool:

JEM

TaylorMade
Jul 28, 2007, 12:29 AM
Depends. . .as with most women, Makeup makes me look older... places me about 30 or so.

Without makeup, it comes down to my glasses. My glasses give me a more youthful look, but soon time will catch up with that too.

But I figure my drama teacher was right. . .I am ageless.

*Taylor*

void()
Jul 28, 2007, 1:18 AM
I do and if you recall ddmma, then you'll know and understand why. I also enjoy a pretty bland life without a sense of smell or taste. This comes in handy when the issue of what to fix for dinner comes up. "Food", is my normal reply. My wife has gotten used to "um, it was alright", as my reply to how dinner tasted. With me it isn't being insensitive as much as, just not having the sense to appreciate the fish spiced perfectly, or the aroma of the finest blended coffee in the morning. I honestly don't know any different.

Ben

DiamondDog
Jul 28, 2007, 2:52 AM
Nope I look older for my age. I always have.

I was chatting and talking to a hot guy who is 43 from Texas today on YahooIM and he got a bit freaked out when I told him that I'm 24 since he thought that I was his age or in my late 30s.

scorpio9
Jul 28, 2007, 5:13 AM
Define younger . . . . I look somewhat younger than my 'real' age, but that's still older than most . . .:)

Ally Kat
Jul 28, 2007, 7:19 AM
people tell me I do...I hear it a lot about my whole family though

quiet1fornow
Jul 28, 2007, 7:41 AM
I am 55

I look mid 40's

I think in the 30's

Mental age 5-100 depends on mood and company

I wish I could remember my 20's :cool:

biwords
Jul 28, 2007, 7:48 AM
people tell me I do...I hear it a lot about my whole family though

Ditto.

kneadingtom
Jul 28, 2007, 8:14 AM
When I was younger (late teens) I was always mistaken for being older (early-mid 20s) -- Now I am told I look younger than my age!

Last week I had lunch with four people I had never met and they all thought I was in my mid-20s --- I AM 36! I should have bought them all lunch

MaybeSayMaybe
Jul 28, 2007, 4:28 PM
I'm 51 but still get mistaken for early-mid thirties sometimes. I dunno.

darkeyes
Jul 28, 2007, 6:12 PM
nahhh..look me age...tho sumtimes prospective dates hav ingratiated themselves by sayin me looks 4 or 5 years younga than I am... sounds loffly but its bollox!!

Annika L
Jul 28, 2007, 10:25 PM
People always seem amazed to discover that I am 40.

I was told last week in a pub that believing that I am 35 would be a stretch, and a couple months ago at work a guy told me he'd assumed I was in my mid-20's. Flattering, yes...but as Fran says, bollox.

To whatever extent I truly do look younger than my age, I chalk it up to having an energetic and youthful outlook on life. Oh, and chocolate. Lots of chocolate. :tongue:

nothings5d
Jul 30, 2007, 1:59 AM
People keep telling me I look like I'm 16, but I'm 21. My Older brother, almost 24, looks 18 or so. My younger brother, almost 20, looks 15 or 16. My dad, almost 47, looks mid 30's. Never really bothered to consider how old my mom looks, especially since she won't tell us her ACTUAL age, but she looks younger than she is...

CardShark
Jul 30, 2007, 4:05 PM
Definately! If i put on a ballcap it is a guarantee i'm getting carded for anything and i'm 34. Doesn't bother me much though :cool: I figure i'll be one sexy mofo in the old folks homes someday!

the mage
Jul 30, 2007, 4:08 PM
I've been mistaken for younger but the 23 year younger Lady on my arm helps in the deception.

chulainn2
Jul 30, 2007, 4:26 PM
ditto, ally. and botox never hurt either

Abbey Road
Jul 30, 2007, 4:48 PM
People think I`m about late twenties or 30 at most. I`m actually 37. I shave my hair off as I`m bald on top (my hair only grows on the sides & back) & people say that makes me look young/younger.

Abbey Road. :bibounce: :wiggle2: :paw:

jamiehue
Jul 30, 2007, 9:08 PM
got in real late i look like shit today.

meteast chick
Jul 31, 2007, 9:33 AM
People always seem surprised when I tell them I'm 30 and have 2 kids.

A girl my age at work the other day said she thought I was 25 max. I could work with that!

What beat that is 2 years ago, when we were chaperones for these teenage girls and boys on a trip, they asked how old my husband (now ex) and I were. I told them to guess. They guessed him at 34 and me at 23! What's funny about that is I'm a year older than he is!

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

babsalonia4u
Jul 31, 2007, 10:51 AM
i have always been told i look younger than i am. especially since my thirties. but to me, it is one's energy...aura, that reads young, as that is who you truly are...ageless :)

deletetacount123
Jul 31, 2007, 1:03 PM
I remembr being in a Dennys Resturant in the states when I was 23..... I was in a group of 10 people.
AND I GOT A CHILDRENS MENU!!! The lady just looked at me and handed me a kids menu that was for kids 13 and under.

I was like "whoa wait... Im 23 I don't need a kids menu!"
But she was a snot.... didn't believe me so I just took my brother's menu :) Now HE had to get a new one lol (I would have shared... but he wanted his own)

Im always IDed should I want a drink in the USA.

Abbey Road
Jul 31, 2007, 4:07 PM
In addition to my ealier post - apparantly people think I`m a young thug as I look young & shave my head. I tell them I`m actually almost bald & 37. They then see that.

Abbey Road. :bibounce: :wiggle2: :paw:

ForbiddenWindow
Jul 31, 2007, 9:43 PM
I'm 23, when I get a full clean shave in I always have problems at bars ppl think I'm like 18! Seriously check my pix out if your not satisfied. LoL

GMD1082
Aug 1, 2007, 12:20 AM
haha, the age thing always has been an issue for me. It's pretty amusing with the ages I have gotten throughout the years. When I was 16, I got 8 for some odd reason. My boyfriend's dad's mother thought I was 16 after she first met me. :rolleyes: There's a long list of those!

I'm turning 25 in October, and I still look under 21. ;) Just look at my picture and you decide.

onewhocares
Aug 1, 2007, 3:44 AM
Recently at my Aunt's funeral, I had several example of peoples perception of age. I am 46. I am the oldest of five. Brother 45,Sister 43,Twin Brothers 41. People thought that I was the youngest. People though that my sister was my mothers (76) sister. They thought my daughter,12 was my sister. My husband, shaved his head, shaved off his beard and lost 70 pounds. Our friends walked right past him. One friend went past us, sat down and commented to my cousin that he was appalled that my husband was not by my side. Well a few mins later, he noticed a man next to my daughter in the next room...and had NO idea it was my husband....Looks can be deceiving for sure.

Also, I attribute my passing for younger to....Lithuanian heritage, lots of olive oil in the cooking, the amount of liquor I consume had pickled me and preserved me for sure.....ha ha ha.

Belle

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Aug 1, 2007, 6:50 AM
Evidently Sapphy does because she got carded for booze and I didn't !!!! Considering Im like a week or so older ( we're both 34 )
Now that I think of it tho , I hadnt dyed my hair lol so maybe thats why lol

The Cheshire Cat
Aug 1, 2007, 10:44 AM
Wellllll....I look about 54-on a good day! :eek:

Sapphrodite
Aug 2, 2007, 4:25 AM
GreenEyedLady: You're a scream - I dont think your hair made one bit of difference (those two grey hairs - yeah right!!)!! Maybe it had something to do with me buying six bottles of wine to your one!! Or maybe I was just too excited about shopping :bigrin: Maybe I'm too giggly - even got carded for cigarettes on the same trip :tong:

I have been told I look younger than my age, and hopefully my parents' good fortune with looking young will trickle down to me too!! :)

Michael623
Aug 2, 2007, 7:56 AM
Wellllll....I look about 54-on a good day! :eek:
Hmmmmm. ROFL, I think you are 54, if I remember correctly?

The Cheshire Cat
Aug 2, 2007, 9:10 AM
That's 54 and a half now Michael. :cutelaugh

kitten
Aug 2, 2007, 9:54 AM
My sister who is 5 years younger has been kind enough to let people think we are twins occasionally. The box of L'oreal doesn't hurt either! - lol
(it is still med golden brown, Michael...:) )

Otherwise, some days I feel every bit of the growing pains of middle age! Most days I am so happy to be old enough to know better but still young enough to get away with "it"...

:)

childofwinter
Aug 7, 2007, 10:50 PM
I'm 21 but people often mistake me for an 18/19 year old (although there isn't really much difference anyway between a 19 yr old and a 21 yr old in terms of appearance).

timepga50
Aug 16, 2007, 12:42 PM
I'm 51 now and most people think I'm about ten years younger.If I shave my mustache I'd look even younger.I was still getting "carded" when I 32 yrs old!!:tongue:)

Fresia
Apr 12, 2015, 6:44 PM
Bump it up!

tenni
Apr 13, 2015, 1:15 AM
I can not remember when people thought that I was younger than I am. Past 40, I began to shave five years off and even then people found that they were surprised that I was that old. Ten years younger was the common assumption. I didn't think so and I definitely don't think so now. Sometimes if I look at someone years younger than me I can say...ya he does look older than me. Then I also see guys looking very good and around my age. I guess it depends on the viewer's belief as to hold old someone is suppose to be?