PDA

View Full Version : probably a bleak topic but if you like games have a look

rmorti
Jul 26, 2007, 6:20 AM
I mainly got this idea from fav genres of music, just wandering if anyone else here is/was interested in games these days? Paticularly with the E3 2007 just gone by, their is some very good talent around in the video game industry.
Main ones I am eyeing up are Assassins creed, Metal gear sold 4, Resident evil 5 and Devil may cry 4.
Anyone got any games coming out they're getting pretty psyched about? Even if not that, anyone got any games they love'd to play and wish they were remade? see them as child hood classics etc.

Herbwoman39
Jul 26, 2007, 10:17 AM
The only video games I've ever really loved playing are the Nintendo Mario games from the early 90s. I haven't played in forever thouh because these new controls are SO complicated especially for someone who is visually dyslexic and hopelessly uncoordinated :(

The new Wii looks like fun though and I'd love to try it.

JoyJoyHollywood
Jul 26, 2007, 10:35 AM
Tekken! I will distroy all at Tekken!

I am Tekken master!

TEKKEN!

I press random buttons so rapidly I set fires!

The only thing you will be aware after the attack begins is.........

K.O.!!!

None shall survive my complex in insanity battle tactics! Word shall travel far and wide and you will quiver in fear! All the kings horses and all the kings men will not be able to put you back together again once I begin Tekken!

Quiver!!!

Like kitten in rain!!!

TEKKEN!!!!

meteast chick
Jul 26, 2007, 10:39 AM
How sad is it that when the PS2 console came out a few years back, I rushed out and got..."Arcade Classics"!!! HA HA! We're talking Pong and Paperboy! I loved the original Nintendo, games like Mario Bros and Track and Field with the mat that you could purchase to do some 'actual' running even though you could trick it. And I still love Tetris. I'm not into it much these days even though I'd love to get a PS3. I can't see spending that kind of money for it though. Oh well I suppose I'll just settle into my mundane Sims life!

love and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
meteast

case_126
Jul 26, 2007, 10:44 AM
I had a game called RC racers where you race radio controlled cars around different tracks. It was awsome, three keys to drive the car and one to blow shit up in front of you. Easy as pie. I played it so often the up left and right keys on my keyboard got worn down.

Wish I could get another copy of it, the copy I had was a hacked version a friend gave me.

rmorti
Jul 26, 2007, 11:01 AM
Tekken, I own at tekken, but I wont get started on that lol.
My main classics would be mario, mario kart, pokemon on the gameboy, Street fighter, mortal kombat and Killer instinct...ah brillaint classics. IF your bored check out "angry nintendo nerd" he plays ol nintendo games and its amazing to see how much they've changed and what crpa we used to play.

Toad82
Jul 26, 2007, 2:56 PM
Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game on the first Nintendo will always be the best.

Although The Legend of Zelda would have to be close for the Nintendo or the 64

Damn it now I want to play and can't.

RJ :lokai:

FalconAngel
Jul 26, 2007, 7:03 PM
Not in order of our preferences:

For my wife, it's Civilization and all of it's sequels,World of Warcraft, Everquest, Everquest II, Lord Of The Rings Online, Sacred, Diablo/Diablo II, Dungeon Siege/Dungeon Siege II and Neverwinter Nights and it's expansions.

For me, it's Diablo II, Neverwinter Nights, World of Warcraft, LOTRO, EQII, Sacred, Dungeon Siege II, Fable, Combat Flight Simulator 2 & 3, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Apache/Havoc (helicopter Flight sim), Eurofighter 2000 and IL2 Sturmavik.

MarieDelta
Jul 26, 2007, 7:07 PM
Not in order of our preferences:

For my wife, it's Civilization and all of it's sequels,World of Warcraft, Everquest, Everquest II, Lord Of The Rings Online, Sacred, Diablo/Diablo II, Dungeon Siege/Dungeon Siege II and Neverwinter Nights and it's expansions.

For me, it's Diablo II, Neverwinter Nights, World of Warcraft, LOTRO, EQII, Sacred, Dungeon Siege II, Fable, Combat Flight Simulator 2 & 3, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Apache/Havoc (helicopter Flight sim), Eurofighter 2000 and IL2 Sturmavik.

I used to play Neverwinter Nights, haven't in a while though...
I've been playing Guild Wars online that and Second Life which isn't really much of a game (more of a chat engine).

BTW - "Bisexuals in Second Life" is a group you can join for nothing

domill
Jul 26, 2007, 7:17 PM
No one could beat my Chun-Lee in Street Fighter 2, back in the old days.
More of civilization man now.

rmorti
Jul 26, 2007, 7:42 PM
Cant believe this topic took off so well, thought I'd be a loner geek of the gaming genre :P.
I just cant wait for MGS4, its a game that is gonna be better then sex on first play like final fantasy 7.
Anyone got a game they wish they could wipe their memory of so they could play from fresh all over again? we all know games are best on first play.
Id love to play resi 4 fresh, FF7,8 and 10 and All the Devil may crys.

nbowman2222
Jul 26, 2007, 9:43 PM
I have to throw in my vote in for the Final Fantasy series on PS/PS2. I am still working my way through FFXII in my spare time in the evenings after work. Actually, now that I think of it, I haven't played anything but Final Fantasy games since FFVII came out back in the 90's...oh wait there was Kingdom Hearts (which also features Final Fantasy characters).

:flag2:

Herbwoman39
Jul 26, 2007, 9:44 PM
Pong! I forgot all about Pong! I used to have the original Atari consol!!

There was also basketball and something else that was boring that I don't remember.

No rmorti, you're not alone in the geek brigade ;)