PDA

View Full Version : how can you put an image as your signature?

rayosytruenos
Oct 13, 2005, 3:44 PM
Hi everyone!

I added a few funny pics to my profile and I wanted also to put an image or gif as my signature, but I couldn't do it... Please can you help???

I open in my profile "edit signature" and then a window opened where I could write and also a bit on the top there is like a menu, with bold, italic, underline writing style, etc. and also there, there is an icon for "insert image" but when I click on it, the pointer goes to the text area and nothing happens...

I know it can be done, as I've seen some pics and gif's as signature, so please tell me how...

Thank you very much,

ray

kcunderwhere
Oct 13, 2005, 4:12 PM
You have to have the complete address to the picture you want to use, i.e.

"http://www.mysite.com/mypicture.gif" (ignore the quotes)

Then, you highlight it, and click on the "Insert Image" button and it will put image tags on the each end of the link. When you preview, the image should be fetched from that site. If you see nothing, then there is a problem.

If there is another way (better way), someone can hopefully enlighten us.

Also, since we are on the subject of signatures...I like to see what people pick for Avatars, too (those little pictures under your name in the forum, for those who might not know). If there is anybody who maybe is not too computer savvy or would like some help to make/develop an Avatar, email or PM me. I would be glad to make one for anybody...just let me know what you are looking for!

:tongue:

rayosytruenos
Oct 13, 2005, 6:15 PM

Then, you highlight it, and click on the "Insert Image" button and it will put image tags on the each end of the link. [...]

Also, [...] If there is anybody who maybe is not too computer savvy or would like some help to make/develop an Avatar, email or PM me. I would be glad to make one for anybody...just let me know what you are looking for!

Hi!

That's very kind of you, thanks. :bounce:

I tried as you said, but the pic/gif I want to use as my signature is not actually from a site, but from my folder in my computer/my documents/my pics, so it didn't work... :banghead: How can you upload a pic/gif from your computer files to be your signature? :(

Also, as I'm not very computer savvy, I'd like to know how I can make/develop a more personal avatar. :rotate:

Thank you very much in advance! :bowdown:

All the best,

ray

rayosytruenos
Oct 13, 2005, 7:43 PM

Then, you highlight it, and click on the "Insert Image" button and it will put image tags on the each end of the link. When you preview, the image should be fetched from that site. If you see nothing, then there is a problem. [...]

Hi again!

I thought that at least I'd put a temporary image/gif from a website till I find out how to to do it from my files... :rolleyes: but I couldn't do it... :( I mean, a small blank square with a red cross inside shows that something must be wrong... :banghead:

Please, I need more help!!! :male:

All the best,

ray

SweetBlackAngel
Oct 13, 2005, 8:58 PM
I have a question about avatars. I'd like to change mine, but everything I want to use is too big for what this site requires. Is there a way to re-size them. Is that something Drew can do if I send the link to pic I want to use? :flag3:

DÆMØN
Oct 14, 2005, 12:30 AM
ReSiZe AnY ImAgE

download and install : Irfanview32 http://www.irfanview.com/ No Charge.

Open Irfanview32 , click on File... drop down menu, sellect open...

Use OPEN dialog to browse to the image .bmp .jpg .img etc...

Sellect image... and open.

on top , tools menu ... locate drop down with RESIZE on it...

enter new size value into form for height x width in pixels.... in the case of the avatars 80 x 80 is max size for this site... and yes they can be animated .

rule of thumb you can downsize images... and convert them by saving as : .gif , .jpg , .ani etc... you CANNOT UPSIZE... image becomes quite blurry and grainy.

resize image, to specifications 80x80 ( or anything smaller ) then SAVE AS with maybe a number to distinguish it from the 'original' image... that way you'll have two copies of the same image in different formats in two sizes for future use.

Go to your ...main.bisexual.com , ACCOUNT options, and UPLOAD your avatar from your computer to the site... then refresh your browser and if its successful it should appear on your profile,... and everywheres else you post... along with your sig.

Cheers.

kcunderwhere
Oct 14, 2005, 9:05 AM
Hmmm....try right-clicking on whatever image you want to use, and view Properties from the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will give you the complete location as http://blahblahblah - make sure that is what you are using in your signature. After highlighting the entire address and clicking "Insert Image", there should be the letters IMG in brackets [] at the front and /IMG in brackets [] at the back. When you preview, the image should be there.

The other problem might be you are trying to use an image from a secured site - if you have to login to get to the site, you might not be able to link directly to the image.

I was hoping someone could give us a way of pulling an image from our desktop...

DÆMØN - Infranview is a great idea! Gotta love those freeware programs that are actually useful!

If anyone does not already have an image or wants something custom, let me know.

DÆMØN
Oct 14, 2005, 2:00 PM
Irfanview32 is indeed versatile ... explore its capabilities...

It can also take screen shots

: that means anything you shoot... you can crop to size , save in what ever format you want , then go to work on it... many an avatar has been created from established works .... nothing is beyond reach.

: you can even scan some material... hand drawing.. or texture.... paterns... etc... if you have a scanner.... resize and crop them to fit and viola something original where you could affix your very own . " <urname>©copywrite 2006 "
into the image credit(s).

If you've Paint Shop Professional.... you have even a wider range of possiblitities to mess around with. However, Irfanviewer does afford some delightful tricks. Theres even Special FX controls.