PDA

View Full Version : Another BI research survey

leizy
Jul 20, 2007, 1:27 PM
Here is another BI research survey. I always support more academic research. It is real, and nonjudgemental.

Details on the researcher are available at the site.

If you identify as bisexual, reside in the US, are 18+ years old, and
would like to take my survey, please follow this link:
https://www. surveymonkey. com/s.aspx? sm=9ZqKCBgYghd1O 2HwjiTf6g_ 3d_3d

cheers.
david

DiamondDog
Jul 20, 2007, 2:04 PM
David,
Your survey link didn't work, even when I did delete all of the spaces and complete the URL correctly.

What is your survey about?

MarieDelta
Jul 20, 2007, 2:10 PM
There are spaces that seem hidden(in the last part of the URL), when deleted the URL worked fine.

this is the link I used (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=9ZqKCBgYghd1O 2HwjiTf6g_3d_3d)

DiamondDog
Jul 20, 2007, 2:54 PM
There are spaces that seem hidden(in the last part of the URL), when deleted the URL worked fine.

this is the link I used (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=9ZqKCBgYghd1O 2HwjiTf6g_3d_3d)

hey thanks Marie!

Your link worked for me.

I'm going to give this survey to friends of mine.

Any idea if we'll see the results of the survey?

TaylorMade
Jul 20, 2007, 6:09 PM
I did the survey.... kind of a ... it's not gonna take anything off of me... so why not?

*Taylor*

creach
Jul 20, 2007, 6:12 PM
Hmmmm well wot about us Brits then? SIGH!!

I haven't even tried the link as I don't reside in the US!!

deeTM
Jul 20, 2007, 6:59 PM
I started to take the survey but it seems that it is geared to those that are "out". Since I'm not, I haven't been subjected to any negative reaction to my sexuality.

Dee.

redheadhoneycat
Jul 20, 2007, 7:46 PM
Alrighty I did it.....happy now....lol :bipride: :)

greygoose
Jul 20, 2007, 10:33 PM
I just finished the survey. I'm really interested to see the results or important findings once they are done and have analyzed their data. :bibounce:

JoyJoyHollywood
Jul 20, 2007, 10:45 PM
Thank you for the link Marie Delta, it was very helpful.

I took it too. It was okay-a good survey. I wonder why they want to know if I get headaches though?

MarieDelta
Jul 20, 2007, 11:44 PM
Headaches can be a symptom of depresion and or bipolar disorder.

JoyJoyHollywood
Jul 20, 2007, 11:54 PM

Oh. Well......hmmm. Thank you for telling me Marie Delta. Sneaky scientists.

bim469ky
Jul 21, 2007, 3:07 AM
Same here deetm, im not either so didnt take it. So your not alone. :bipride:

redheadhoneycat
Jul 21, 2007, 9:42 AM
Hey Marie that is interesting....hmmm since they did not ask much about the headaches I wonder.....where do I fit in I live in East Texas and between the pine trees and the pollen who doesn't have a headache.....lol :)

meteast chick
Jul 21, 2007, 9:56 AM
Wow that was a long survey!

Alot of it dealt with the negative aspect of being bisexual, which I have only received from the gay community, but by and large, it's been fine and dandy, and nobody has or will ever make me feel like less of a person because of my sexuality!

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

anne27
Jul 21, 2007, 10:12 AM
I took it, too. The only problem I saw was when they asked about who knew you were out. They listed siblings, but didn't break it down. I've told family I was closest too, but others less close don't know. The survey didn't allow for split answers.

MarieDelta
Jul 21, 2007, 10:37 AM
Hey Marie that is interesting....hmmm since they did not ask much about the headaches I wonder.....where do I fit in I live in East Texas and between the pine trees and the pollen who doesn't have a headache.....lol :)

They asked more questions about depression, because it (depression) can have different symptoms for different ppl.

I have Major Clinical Depression (It's chemical :rolleyes: ), so I learned when I was researching it, all about the symptoms.

Joy Joy Hollywood, yes they are sneaky, and I wonder if sometimes it wouldn't be better just to say: "Are you depressed?"

But then what about undiagnosed ppl?

So I suppose they know what they are doing :cool:

wolfcamp
Jul 22, 2007, 1:08 AM
I started to take the survey but it seems that it is geared to those that are "out". Since I'm not, I haven't been subjected to any negative reaction to my sexuality.

Dee.

I'm not out either, and I felt the same way. I quit less than halfway through. It seemed a little naive, or maybe biased toward a certain group of bisexuals - call it the stereotypical bisexuals.

leizy
Jul 24, 2007, 5:24 PM
Thanks all - especially Marie for fixing the link! I'm not saying the survey is perfect. But, it's one more that is out there, and hopefully one more chink in the brick wall. There are a few research studies out there that have looked at the stigma of bisexuality. You may not be aware, but the only group that is more stigmatized than bisexuals are IV drug users. Note, that list included lawyers - so, bisexuals are below lawyers. That always makes me sad. And, many gays and homosexuals perpetuate the stigma against bisexuals - green lantern (on this site) wrote about an interaction he had with a gay activist, who acknowledged that bisexuals stand in the way of gay rights, because bisexuals scare heterosexuals (we're invisible, among them, we could be your husband or wife, we're the Bisexual Pod People!!!!).

So, I believe that this survey is looking at the reactions people have gotten from various groups, including gays. And, it's by reputable researchers.

cheers. and on behalf of the researcher, thanks!!
david

jedinudist
Jul 24, 2007, 9:47 PM
I answered your survey - I hope it helps :)

MarieDelta
Jul 24, 2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks all - especially Marie for fixing the link!

My pleasure. Anytime I can help :)

leizy
Jul 25, 2007, 2:20 PM
BTW - the researcher checked out this thread, and passed her specific appreciation to me, expressing how interesting and helpful it was to read people's reactions to the survey...

cheers.
david

casio
Jul 28, 2007, 10:26 PM
I noticed that the survey was geared to those that were "out" to others. As for me, only my wife knows. They should have had a section for those who are not "out", then I think it would give more insight into the bisexual of today seeing that most of us do keep it secret.

jamiehue
Jul 29, 2007, 10:46 AM
They asked more questions about depression, because it (depression) can have different symptoms for different ppl.

I have Major Clinical Depression (It's chemical :rolleyes: ), so I learned when I was researching it, all about the symptoms.

Joy Joy Hollywood, yes they are sneaky, and I wonder if sometimes it wouldn't be better just to say: "Are you depressed?"

But then what about undiagnosed ppl?

So I suppose they know what they are doing :cool:
lab rats.