PDA

View Full Version : Wanting movies to watch

Toad82
Jul 20, 2007, 1:38 AM
I have been searching for movies within the GLBT genre worth watching and was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Easier to find the better. And doesn’t necessarily need to be in English as long as it has subtitles. Thanks,

RJ :lokai:

dafydd
Jul 20, 2007, 3:02 AM
But I'm a Cheerleader,
Gods and Monsters,
Party Monster.

Are the favourites I can think of right now.

d

Da Doctor
Jul 20, 2007, 6:51 AM
NEtflix will be your best friend then they have a huge selection.

SaulOhio
Jul 20, 2007, 11:34 PM
This isn't a movie, its a TV series.

Its a Doctor Who spinoff from the BBC called Torchwood.

There was a character in the recent new Doctor Who series named Captain Jack Harkness, a time travelling agent that ends up traveling with The Doctor for a while, then gets stranded on Earth here in the early 21st century, and re-starts a secret organization that tracks alien visitors on Earth. Its a sort of Men in Black, only everyone drives on the wrong side of the road and talks funny. Oh, and practically everyone in the organization is either bi or ends up having some bi experiences. Especially Jack. He's the only one in the group that doesn't talk funny, being an American.

Its probably not going to show on the Sci-Fi channel, but I'm sure its going to be available on DVD eventually. My brother found and downloaded it from the internet somewhere.

Herbwoman39
Jul 21, 2007, 1:36 AM
Its probably not going to show on the Sci-Fi channel, but I'm sure its going to be available on DVD eventually. My brother found and downloaded it from the internet somewhere.

It's going to be on BBC America this fall!! WooHoo! I can't wait!!

dafydd
Jul 21, 2007, 6:53 AM
This isn't a movie, its a TV series.

Its a Doctor Who spinoff from the BBC called Torchwood.

There was a character in the recent new Doctor Who series named Captain Jack Harkness, a time travelling agent that ends up traveling with The Doctor for a while, then gets stranded on Earth here in the early 21st century, and re-starts a secret organization that tracks alien visitors on Earth. Its a sort of Men in Black, only everyone drives on the wrong side of the road and talks funny. Oh, and practically everyone in the organization is either bi or ends up having some bi experiences. Especially Jack. He's the only one in the group that doesn't talk funny, being an American.

Did you know that Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who? Also Captain Jack is gay in real life.

D