PDA

View Full Version : Beware of this scam artist

Rickh611
Jul 11, 2007, 10:51 PM
We have a scam artist amongst the group I received this PM from her and I'm sure others in the forum have as well. I wrote to her and she wanted me to transfer money in my bank account and I will be reimbursed for my trouble. A big scam avoid her at all costs and don't write back to her.

She should be banned from this forum. Here is the PM I received.

Hello

complements of the season! How are you doing over there.Hope fine, i am Miss Olivet I am a young single pretty girl, never married, I am a member of this site, i saw your profile here and i carefully read your personal data. and became interested in you, I really need to speak with you for an important matters, please reply urgently to my direct Email address ( olivetdouglass06@yahoo.com) for further communications. ok

Am waiting to receiving your quick reply.
Yours Sincerely.
Miss Olivet P. Douglass

hudson9
Jul 11, 2007, 11:38 PM
This was noted in another thread as well.

BIG HINT: Anytime somebody you have NEVER TALKED TO BEFORE says:

"...I really need to speak with you for an important matters..."

GUARANTEED it is a scam.

(And the "...I am a young single pretty girl, never married..." is a bonus hint, too!)

FalconAngel
Jul 11, 2007, 11:53 PM
There is already a thread about this scam artist. This person may be PHISHing for computers or profiles to hijack.

jem_is_bi
Jul 12, 2007, 8:03 AM
My “Work Email” is overrun with this type of garbage.
I have not had a problem at this site. However, it would be sad if I had to sort through 100 garbage messages for every 1 “real” message.
This would not work for me.

JEM

kitten
Jul 12, 2007, 8:28 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate our community and how we stick together!

Skater Boy
Jul 12, 2007, 10:10 AM
I don't understand... another member has already had the same phishing/spam email sent to him and reported it to Drew, so why does this spammer still have an account here?

This sort of crap is disturbing. Another reason why I rarely reply to people who send me PMs.