http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=12393568

rissababynta
Jul 9, 2007, 3:47 AM
HAHA

"shit! fuck!"

poor elmo.

mn freak
Jul 9, 2007, 9:53 AM
Thanks arana, I needed a good laugh to start my day.

"I can't get in the Hummer" = heeeeelarious

;)

12voltman59
Jul 9, 2007, 12:13 PM
There are some very talented people doing some fun things out there--the guy who did that did a great job--

"Of course it's fucking gunfire!!!"

Shittt--fuck--that was funny--thanks Arana!!!!

JoyJoyHollywood
Jul 9, 2007, 10:22 PM
That was great, thanks. Funny as hell.

12voltman59
Jul 9, 2007, 11:58 PM
I have gone back to listen to the segment a few more times--I swear---it gets funnier each time I hear it---it is great----

"It's gonna be a fucking red zone if I don't get my ass in the Hummer...shit---I can't get into the fucking Hummer!!!!!"

Hilarious----

Doggie_Wood
Jul 10, 2007, 6:12 PM
Thanks - I needed a real good laugh!

JoyJoyHollywood
Jul 10, 2007, 7:26 PM
You know, I sent that to a friend in Iraq. He didn't laugh, but he didn't laugh at gay Top Gun either. In fact he called me a dork. So I sent him these:

Fred on the Forth........ Brilliant. (Expletive) brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuJUnHQ_yFA

MacroCurves. Funny as all hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZywzM9ZP-Uc&mode=user&search=

These kids deserve a government subsidy to continue their work for humanity.

Skater Boy
Jul 10, 2007, 7:45 PM
Fred on the Forth........ Brilliant. (Expletive) brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuJUnHQ_yFA

OMG... I thought this guy was for real when I watched it the first time! and I felt sooo bad for laughing my head off at him.

At least I *hope* he's not for real...

JoyJoyHollywood
Jul 10, 2007, 8:05 PM
OMG... I thought this guy was for real when I watched it the first time! and I felt sooo bad for laughing my head off at him.

At least I *hope* he's not for real...

Nah cutie, he's just talented.

gb11vt18
Jul 10, 2007, 10:37 PM
That was very funny, however I feel very sorry for the troops stationed in Iraq and other places arount the world that have to deal with it in real life. But it is still very funny just becasue it is Elmo and he is swearing so much.

12voltman59
Jul 11, 2007, 12:39 PM
I find humor in this little bit for a lot of reasons--first that it does show--in a humorous fashion that things on the ground in Iraq are pretty rotten--and two---it also shows the "real Elmo" with him using profanity--kind of like finding out that many of those guys who played clowns and such on television back in the early days of TV when every town had television stations with those kid shows---when the cameras went out and they took off their costumes---they fired up cigarettes, cigars or some less legal smoking substance----cracked open the beer or booze bottles or shot Heroin and tried to screw anything that moved--at least of the young female variety...

I guess it may not really be funny-but it kind of shows the real face of the illusions that get painted for us and we are so eager to buy---whether about the innocence of a kid's show or the fact that we have a war going on halfway around the world that is, as we used to say in the Coast Guard when things were hosed up pretty good--the situation in Iraq is a major cluster fuck!!!

Trinity-Fl
Jul 12, 2007, 12:25 PM
To expand on 12Volt's thoughts...

A couple of years ago I came to the conclusion that things we thought were "funny" in the past were not really so funny. Jerry Lewis's character (the spastic, knock-kneed, floppy-hand character) is an awful sterotype of a person afflicted with a debilitating disease. Likewise, The Honeymooners was a very disfunctional family. The threat to strike his wife (Pow! Straight to the moon!) isn't funny. Will & Grace, in retrospect, is about two people who need serious help. (And I watched it for several years before it became drama.) And, Karen's alcohol addiction would be a life altering condition in real life.

A lot of humor is in the unexpedted... like Elmo using profanity. And I'm sure there is some of the "There but for the grace of God go I," in laughing at other people. For example, I try not to laugh at Bush even tho he's such an idiot.

Finally, the term "cluster fuck" make me smile. There are two words in common usage in "polite society" today which have their origins in the military of World War II. People say "snafu" (as in really screwed up) which comes from the phrase "situation normal - all fucked up" and "fubar" (same meaning) which comes from the phrase "fucked up beyond all recognition."

Thanks